Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji (1201 Views)

Electricity Improvement In Shasha Road Lagos / Electricity Improvement:nigerians Testifies / Christine Amanpour Vs GEJ. Jonathan lied about Electricity improvement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by pmmonday: 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
ELECTRICITY IMPROVEMENT: ASSOCIATION COMMENDS NNAJI
Benny Atagame Alli
For keeping his promise of a considerable improvement in power supply across the country from July of 2012, the Minister of Power has earned the commendation of the National Association of Electricity Consumers of Nigeria (NAECN).
The NAECN national coordinator, Chief Ganiyu Makanjuola, gave the commendation in a statement today in Lagos.
Chief Makanjuola, an engineer and president of the Lagos State Branch of the Nigerian Ports Authority Pensioners Welfare, described the Minister of Power, Professor Bart Nnaji, as “a worthy Nigerian citizen and public officer who matches his promise with concrete action”.
According to the engineer, the minister had as early as April assured the nation of a considerable improvement in power supply from the middle of July because of the scheduled increase in natural gas supply from the Nigerian Gas Company, a subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and in the volume of water at the lakes in the nation’s three hydro power stations at Kainji, Shiroro and Jebba, all in Niger State.
Makanjuola stated that the quantum of power generated in the country has risen from about 3,200Megawatts of two weeks ago to 3,917.1MW as of July 30.
“This means that the nation is a heartbeat away from the historic 4,400MW it generated last January and which the national transmission grid was interestingly able to wheel effortlessly”, he remarked.
Giving a breakdown of how about a capacity of 700MW was recovered, the leader of electricity consumers said that the Shiroro power plant, which was working for only three hours in a day when the near drought in neighbouring countries like Mali resulted in low water levels at the dams, now generates 500MW from three units while Jebba generates 322MW from four out of six installed units because the fifth has been out of service for several years and the sixth undergoing retrofitting.
Mkanjuola noted that only 63MW is being generated from the 760MW Kainji station built in 1968 because of poor maintenance and praised Prof Nnaji for working in close collaboration with the World Bank to rehabilitate some of its units.
On the thermal plants, the engineer said that the improvement in gas supply has enabled the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) facility at Olorunsogo in Ogun State to run four out of the seven installed units with each producing 38MW while that of the National Integrated Power Project (NIPP) generates 120MW from one of the four commissioned units.
He also said that the NIPP plant at Geregu in Kogi State now generates 140MW from two units and that of Omotosho in Ondo State produces 120MW.
“With the condensate problem in gas supply to the Sapele power plant in Delta State now being solved,” according to Makanjuola, “coupled with an increasing gas supply from the NNPC, the nation can only expect greater power supply across the nation in the near future”.
The NAECN coordinator observed that Prof Nnaji’s promise of a 1,000MW increase by the end of the year “is too conservative”, saying “studies we have carried out show that electricity supply will increase by 1,500MW which will bring the national output close to 6,00MW.
“In other words, the nation will have about 9,000MW by the end of 2013, doubling whatever we have generated in our national history thus far”.
Makanjuola praised efforts to improve the transmission infrastructure in recent times.
“The repair, rehabilitation and modernization of the transmission facilities have made it possible for the transmission infrastructure to have the capacity to transport 5,000MW., a long leap from August 2010 when the system collapsed under the weight of a mere 3,800MW
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by excondido(m): 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
i dont want to get excited with these seasonal improvement due to rise in water volume because of the rain.
Though so far their effort is comendable and we urge them to do more because we are still far from satisfied with what we are getting....i mean we deserve better and we will keep asking for till we shout eureka.
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by jmaine: 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
We are waiting for the statistics peddling dummies tucked far away in God knows where, to come arguing otherwise cheesy
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
excondido: i dont want to get excited with these seasonal improvement due to rise in water volume because of the rain.
Though so far their effort is comendable and we urge them to do more because we are still far from satisfied with what we are getting....i mean we deserve better and we will keep asking for till we shout eureka.

Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by karlmax2: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2012
jmaine: We are waiting for the statistics peddling dummies tucked far away in God knows where, to come arguing otherwise cheesy
you won't Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ them comment on threads like this!.they are waiting for their paymasters to feed them the next propoganda and lies against this government,that is working seriously to turnaround this country that had been under misrule since independent by greedy military junta, from a paticular section of the country, if this clueless past heads of state had done what this government is doing in the power sector am not sure we would have electricity problem in nigeria.instead they were busy looting and creating ministries for their brothers and sisters.
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by dedeike: 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
I consider those haters as true enemies of Nigeria. They just scavenge for anything bad news before they can invade to feast on the thread.
For them, a thread like this is not lucrative because it's progressive. They behave like village witches, always seeking for evil to befall the nation.
I do not begrudge them because they make a living out of attacking the government and good people of Nigeria.
Even where it is obvious that govt has recorded a major success, these paid agents will wish it is not true.
But I'm happy that the administration keeps surviving their hatred.
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by asha80(m): 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
jmaine: We are waiting for the statistics peddling dummies tucked far away in God knows where, to come arguing otherwise cheesy

however seriously i want to know the reason for the improved power supply.i just hope it is not the normal rise in water level in kainji?if i am not wrong the phcn has been totally broken down and privatized.i really do not know much about energy issues pertaining to light.
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by Beaf: 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
[size=42pt]Fresh Air![/size] cool
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by Beaf: 9:30pm On Aug 07, 2012
dedeike: I consider those haters as true enemies of Nigeria. They just scavenge for anything bad news before they can invade to feast on the thread.
For them, a thread like this is not lucrative because it's progressive. They behave like village witches, always seeking for evil to befall the nation.
I do not begrudge them because they make a living out of attacking the government and good people of Nigeria.
Even where it is obvious that govt has recorded a major success, these paid agents will wish it is not true.
But I'm happy that the administration keeps surviving their hatred.

Lol! Bruv, my name for them is "winsh."
Don't mind the pack of red-eyed losers.
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by Beaf: 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2012
The NAECN coordinator observed that Prof Nnaji’s promise of a 1,000MW increase by the end of the year “is too conservative”, saying “studies we have carried out show that electricity supply will increase by 1,500MW which will bring the national output close to 6,00MW.
“In other words, the nation will have about 9,000MW by the end of 2013, doubling whatever we have generated in our national history thus far”.
Makanjuola praised efforts to improve the transmission infrastructure in recent times.
“The repair, rehabilitation and modernization of the transmission facilities have made it possible for the transmission infrastructure to have the capacity to transport 5,000MW., a long leap from August 2010 when the system collapsed under the weight of a mere 3,800MW

Lets stick with Barth Nnaji's 1,000MW generation increase by years end, anything above should be seen in as performance over and beyond expectation.
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by jmaine: 10:07pm On Aug 07, 2012
asha 80:

however seriously i want to know the reason for the improved power supply.i just hope it is not the normal rise in water level in kainji?if i am not wrong the phcn has been totally broken down and privatized.i really do not know much about energy issues pertaining to light.

Though increase in water level increases our power generation capacity , the main back bone of our power generation has been the gas powered turbines. . . .

The kainji Dam in recent years have being performing below par even as we speak, with the plant dishing out an abyssmal 63MW out of a possible 760MB . . .

This leaves our power generation mainly dependent on the gas powered turbines . .

pmmonday: Mkanjuola noted that only 63MW is being generated from the 760MW Kainji station built in 1968 because of poor maintenance

The major challenge of the power sector was in the transmission of the generated power to the end user. With loads of waste/losses often documented during this phase . .

If the facilities at the transmission phase are upgraded to mitigate waste/losses. .then the end user is bound to enjoy an appreciable amount of power than before . . .

Prof Barth Nnaji though focusing on improving our power generation capacity has also priortised the upgrade of the transmission phase. . . .

This might be remotely connected to this fairly sustained improved power supply .. . .

P:S ====> PHCN has been unbundled into 18 different entities, to pave way for the on going privatisation process pencilled to be concluded by Oct . . .
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 07, 2012
FRESHER AIR FOR ALL. GEJ IS GODSENT
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by manny4life(m): 1:56am On Aug 08, 2012
WOW, this is real FRESH AIR... I JUST LOVE THIS DUDE (NO HOMO) grin grin grin grin

I read his interview he had about two months ago where he explained "IN DETAILS" how he started the transformation and intends to handle the short/long term challenges, this is one minister I'm really impressed with.
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by Johndoe100(m): 2:32am On Aug 08, 2012
Billyonaire: FRESHER AIR FOR ALL. GEJ IS GODSENT

[size=15pt]True talk my brother.

Where is KOBOJUNKIE?[/size] tongue tongue
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by Nobody: 2:34am On Aug 08, 2012
I just hope the 23hrs electricity in me area aint due to increase in water level
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by uncleu(m): 4:09am On Aug 08, 2012
Johndoe100:

[size=15pt]True talk my brother.

Where is KOBOJUNKIE?[/size] tongue tongue
She wanted figures. Now that the figures are out, she will not comment again. Fact is the power situation has improved and it is getting better by the day. It has nothing to do with liking GEJ or not.
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by Beaf: 6:53am On Aug 08, 2012
9jadelta: I just hope the 23hrs electricity in me area aint due to increase in water level

It is due to increase in gas supply and more power plants coming on stream. By the end of the year, the improvement should be quite big.
We are beginning to say goodbye to poor electricity supply.
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 08, 2012
9jadelta: I just hope the 23hrs electricity in me area aint due to increase in water level
grin grin
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 08, 2012
Momentous improvement. . . .
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by jmaine: 8:33am On Aug 08, 2012
manny4life: WOW, this is real FRESH AIR... I JUST LOVE THIS DUDE (NO HOMO) grin grin grin grin

I read his interview he had about two months ago where he explained "IN DETAILS" how he started the transformation and intends to handle the short/long term challenges, this is one minister I'm really impressed with.

Prof Barth is the man . . . . . He knows his stuff grin
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 08, 2012
Well I can attest to the fact that the man Barth Nnaji has been doing a good job so far, given the enormous challenges he has had to grapple with.

That said, I want to see a sustained improvement even in the dry season. Then I will be fully convinced. But good job so far. cool
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by Lisa1: 9:06am On Aug 08, 2012
BUMP
Re: Electricity Improvement: Association Commends Nnaji by qualified(f): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2012
Truly power has really improved. But I'm not surprised people are not commenting. Nigerians only notice negativity.
Congrats to Prof. Bart.

(1) (Reply)

Senate Committee Directs CBN To Suspend Introduction Of N5,000 Note !! / ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) / Lagos Generates Electricity From Waste, Says LAWMA MD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.