Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,372 members, 7,812,092 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 (11642 Views)

Man Attempts To Sell His Son To Alhaji For 100 Thousand Naira (Photo) / Woman Beats and Bathes Maid With Hot Water / Woman Beats Three-year-old Sick Girl To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by NEROSKY(m): 2:50am On Aug 08, 2012
Tragedy struck at 8, Amosu Street, Ijegun, Lagos, on Sunday as a woman identified simply as Iya Anu, allegedly beat her foster son, Seubow, to death for allegedly stealing N50.

It was learnt that Iya Anu, a mother of four, usually inflicted injuries on Seubow, her husband’s nephew and her children whenever they erred.

Trouble started when 16-year-old Seubow misplaced a N1, 000 note given to him for an errand on Saturday.

The development, it was learnt, irked Iya Anu who starved the teenager throughout Saturday. When Seubow could no longer bear the hunger, he sneaked out of the house at night to buy Gala.

When Iya Anu knew about it, our correspondent learnt that she became furious, accused him of stealing her N50 and gave the teenager the beating of his life.

A neighbour who identified herself simply as Balikis said the accused must have used a hot object to batter the boy as his body was full of burns.

She said, “Iya Anu began to beat him on Saturday night. The beating continued till about 9am on Sunday when her husband and the other children had left for church.

“She battered him till he gave up the ghost about noon. When she realised that the boy had lost consciousness, she cried for help but it was already late. At a point, she wanted to run away but she was promptly rounded up.”

Another resident, Modinatu, said Iya Anu, had in June battered the boy resulting in her being invited to the Isheri-Oshun Police Division for questioning.

She said, “Seubow joined them in December 2011 and this woman has made life so unbearable for him just the way she does to her children too. In June, the boy was battered to the extent that she was quizzed by the police.

“Also, she has in the name of discipline used a knife to injure her first daughter, Anu, on her shoulders over issues bordering on misdemeanour.

“She is so violent that she even fights neighbours with objects at the slightest provocation. She was sent packing from her former place of residence on Jimoh Aigbe Street, which is just some few streets away from here when she injured her landlady with a knife.”

Corroborating Modinatu’s claims, Alexander Akinnurun, the Proprietor of Alex Group of Schools, Ijegun, the school Seubow attended before his death, described her as a troublemaker.

He said, “She has been perpetrating those acts for quite some time now and reports of her heinous deeds abound. In June, Seubow who happened to be one of my pupils came to school with a disfigured face and wounds on his body.

“I was so moved by this that I reported the incident to the police. I don’t know how far the police went with the matter but I never expected that such an ugly incident would still repeat itself.”

When our correspondent visited the area on Monday, it was learnt that she had been arrested by the police.

It was also learnt Iya Anu was a serial divorcee and is at present with her third husband.

When contacted on the phone, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Ngozi Braide, said she could not reach the Divisional Police Officer of Isheri Oshun.

“I can’t independently confirm the incident for now as the phone number of the DPO of the station is not available. I will get back to you as soon as I get through to him,” she said.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top-stories/187469-lagos-woman-beats-foster-son-to-death-for-stealing-n50.html

Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 08, 2012
This is so sad!!

Lord have mercy!!
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by alienware(m): 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
Na poverty and pure wickedness.
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by lifestyle1(m): 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
shocked
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by gimbus1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
Wicked woman
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by sweetcocoa(f): 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
My God!

Some people need to be locked away cos seriously some things are not just normal,beating a kid to death?choi that woman deserves death by caning.angry

1 Like

Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by drzed: 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2012
alienware: Na poverty and pure wickedness.

Kai, this one na madness!
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by ebamma(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
kirikiri prisons awaits her arrival.
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
It Madness of the highest ORDER.
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by sylve11: 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
Na wa. sad sad cool
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by xzit(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
#SMH

1 Like

Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
sadI would have said its because he was not her child..but since she does same to hers too... I'm speechless!! cry

1 Like

Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by kcreal(f): 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
Wickedness at it's peak.
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by carlfine: 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
na dis not poverty..... is witch craft.
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by mikkymi1(m): 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
Chai!!! what kind of a woman will beat her son to death? make dem check well dat boy no be im pikin.
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by maclatunji: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2012
Some people can be wicked.
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
This woman sure has talent for beating! There are thieves who embezzle nigeria's money that deserve beating! But still yet the go scot free.if she didn't starve the boy,he wouldn't have stolen in the first place. Very pathetic story!

1 Like

Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by Adanyebe(m): 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2012
LET HIM WITHOUT SIN BE THE FIRST TO CAST THE STONE... SO TRAGIC AND BARBARIC
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by Afam4eva(m): 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
Some people can be soo wicked. Especially with other people's children.
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by wirewire(m): 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
quite unfortunate
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by chemberlin(m): 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
My fellow naira landiers, there is more to this cos many children else where are going thru dis and our goverment is nt doing anytin to dis, in developed countries there is always a children social security center pple who are in charge of dis their jpob is to monitor the growth of dis children till they are off age. Plz let pray our goverment look into dis.
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by Skipfr(m): 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
This wan nr b wickedness o. This na serious witchcraft. Wetin d husband dy do wen e c such tins for hse
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by sammirano: 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
The woman needs to be put in solitary confinement, she is cruel.
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by Soundmind(m): 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2012
Chei.
This is wickedness in the highest order.
May the soul of the boy Rest In Peace
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2012
sweetcocoa: My God!

Some people need to be locked away cos seriously some things are not just normal,beating a kid to death?choi that woman deserves death by caning.angry
and we are all here looking for fighters in the olympic. IMO our prisons re filled with misguided potentials
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by sarutobie(m): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2012
I had watery eyes reading this story and seeing the lifeless body of the boy..kai!..how did man decend to a level worse than animals?..
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by DonaldGenes(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2012
berem: This woman sure has talent for beating! There are thieves who embezzle nigeria's money that deserve beating! But still yet the go scot free.if she didn't starve the boy,he wouldn't have stolen in the first place. Very pathetic story!
baby you can say that aqain....wonder if she will ever feel contrite abou it
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by DonaldGenes(m): 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph!! God forgive her for she knows what she is doing
Re: Woman Beats Foster-Son To Death For Stealing N50 by Flexie(m): 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
i am a witness dats my street the lady was paraded naked and later police tinzzzz.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fake Colonel; Babatunde Idris Arrested Over N40m Fraud / Chigozie Ejike Murder: Family Accuses Police Intelligence Unit Of Stopping Trial / Police Kill 5 Bandits, Rescue 100 Kidnapped Victims In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.