Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Is It Ok To Lay Your Baby To Sleep Facing Up? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ok To Lay Your Baby To Sleep Facing Up? (1880 Views)

Mother Accuses Soldiers Of Stomping 20-month-old Baby To Death In Delta (pic) / British Mum Leaves Baby To Die During Sex Romp With A Nigerian(PIC) / What Was Your Baby's First Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Lay Your Baby To Sleep Facing Up? by wakes: 8:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
Since birth, our baby is usually laid facedown to sleep. Today as I laid her so she could rest after coming from Church, she slept off, facing up. Is it RIGHT to allow babies sleep facing up?
Re: Is It Ok To Lay Your Baby To Sleep Facing Up? by uboma(m): 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
its ok to lay down infants facing up but they sleep better when they are faced down.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Lay Your Baby To Sleep Facing Up? by wakes: 9:37pm On Aug 08, 2012
uboma: its ok to lay down infants facing up but they sleep better when they are faced down.
thanks dear. Only I noticed she did not sleep deep/long and then woke up. It confirms what you just said.
Re: Is It Ok To Lay Your Baby To Sleep Facing Up? by uboma(m): 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2012
congrats on ur new baby girl. May she bring joy and blessing to her parents and may God bless u and d moda with the wisdom and resources to cater to her needs in JN, Amen
Re: Is It Ok To Lay Your Baby To Sleep Facing Up? by Mumsluv: 10:43pm On Aug 08, 2012
Its alright for babies to sleep facing up but they sleep better and for longer stretches when laid to sleep face down on their belly. But you have to always ensure that nothing is covering the babys nose. And always ensure that the babys face is not directly on the bed (i.e when the baby is much younger & cant turn his/her head effortlessly).
Re: Is It Ok To Lay Your Baby To Sleep Facing Up? by blank(f): 9:29am On Aug 09, 2012
I prefer my baby sleeping lying on his side at least before he is 3 months old. When he is lying face down and cannot turn his head, anything can block his nose and he suffocates. You can't stand by and watch him 24/7. Anything can go wrong just google Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Also, i don't like him sleeping face up because he can regurgitate something that will flow back and block his airways.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Help: Her Sister Thinks She Killed Their Mother / Are Curses Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.