Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! (5735 Views)

Cost Of laying a bungalow Foundation / PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by Oloks(m): 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hi,

I plan to build a 4 bedroom bungalow, 2 sitting rooms etc on split level in Ibadan. Building size 241.61sq.metres.

Having problems to believe the quotation my architect gave me today, details below
PHASE ONE (Foundation Works to Floor Slab –DPC)

SUBSTRUCTURE (Foundation works to Floor Slab) Materials + Labour.
1. Site Preparation, Setting-out -- 44,650
2. Excavation of Foundation Trenches, Bases etc--- 82,500
3. Foundation Concrete works (consisting of Concrete blinding, Strip Foundation footing, Column Bases)=== 485,225
4. Foundation Blockwork --- 436,700
5. Filling (with Laterite) + Compaction --- 200,000
6. Formwork (i.e Siding) for the Floor Slab--- 22,260
7. DPC (Floor Slab) Concrete Works --- 1,087,200.00

TOTAL --- 2,358,535.00

I have also included the design of the building for guidance

Any useful information will be greatly appreciated, I plan to be in Nigeria in 3 weeks time, but I believe these figures are out of place.

Thanks

Re: Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by HVILLE: 7:24am On Aug 09, 2012
can i see the working drawing of the house,that will guide me 2 knowhow much it will cost and one more thing it depend on the soil structure,i have a bungalow that am currently working on at apata area in ibadan and tell u i did not spend half of your quote on the 2 wing bungalow u can call me for more information 08095478404
Re: Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by maninmood(m): 10:15am On Aug 09, 2012
@Oloks: Please ask that your builder to review the DPC pricing? Haba, wetin nah! That is too much. Get a detailed explanation of how many cements m he plans to use- which must not be more than 150bags of cement at most. How much tonnes of granite he plans to use? It mustn't be more than 10 tons/1trip/150k) for that 4 bedroom nah! Don't give that chunk of money until you are assuaged that he is not a cheat. Workmanship must not be more than 300k including his supervision charges. making a total of around 700k.

Filling? 200k? that makes around 30trips, I don die. This man wan drink you to gulp! shocked And concrete work? 485k for bungalow, haba. God where u dey?

My friend, what nudged my mind when I saw the topic was you were asking about RAFT foundation not knowing you are making inquiries about STRIP, if e be WHITE STRIP self for bungalow where massive concrete may be done like that of duplex, I doubt the stipulated amount. Abeg find another builder o. This one wan build house on top water. And when next you are haggling about pricing, do not be too forward, do not be pushy as if you want to finish the house all at once, make him understand you want to do it stage by stage. May God help you ore

1 Like

Re: Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by Oloks(m): 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
HVILLE & maninmood, many thanks for your input
Re: Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by archemedes: 10:09am On Aug 11, 2012
@maninmood
We should learn to appreciate people's profession and their charges. Everybody can never charge the same. Take for instance, my company is owned by a young man of about 28years and i know he is on nairaland because i ve seen him replying to messages. The guy has sent our staff to Ghana, Angola, SA and Singapore for workshops. Our BOQ is usually on the high side but when you see the quality of our work, you ll marvel. Imagine if you call him to do a bungalow for you, he ll incorporate all his office, training, advert and other costs to his bill.

@poster, haggle with you contractor, ensure his work is of high quality. visit his previous sites and make ur decision based on that. Some people will do that foundation for 500k while some will do it for 1m, and there re some that will do it for 5m. your quality expectations and your financial status should aid your decision.
Re: Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by Army36(f): 6:37am On Dec 13, 2012
RECREATIVE DESIGN OFFERS THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:

ARCHITECTURE 2D & 3D

Design concept development
Detailed architectural house plans design (2D AUTOCAD & 3D)
Supervision and Project Management

INTERIOR DESIGN SERVICES

Interior Design for homes and offices
Hotel furnishing
Ceiling and wall design
Plaster of Paris for wall screeding and ceiling
Flooring(tiling, laminated floors, wood flooring etc..)
Window treatments (draperies, blinds etc..)
Colour and finish consultation
Bathroom Remodeling
Design of fitted kitchen
Furniture, art and antique procurement

BUILDING RENOVATION / REMODELING

Offices, Residential
Retail shops, Banking Halls
Hospitals, Showroom

SPACE PLANNING & MANAGEMENT

Space management Consultation
Design and Planning of open office spaces
Partitioning System ( wood, aluminum, glass etc.)

CUSTOM WOOD WORKS / FURNISHING

Design of fitted kitchens,Wardrobes
Cupboards, Cabinets, Wall units
shelving system, Organized storage systems
Workstations, Custom made beds
General Interior wood works

HOTEL FURNISHING

Complete interior design for hotel rooms, lobby and reception
supply of Furniture, and accents

CONTACT US FOR QUOTES ON YOUR PROJECT

Telephone: 08093-577-005, 0802-854-0261.

BBPIN: 259CCEB5

Email: recreative_design@yahoo.com
Re: Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 13, 2015
Oloks:
Hi,

I plan to build a 4 bedroom bungalow, 2 sitting rooms etc on split level in Ibadan. Building size 241.61sq.metres.

Having problems to believe the quotation my architect gave me today, details below
PHASE ONE (Foundation Works to Floor Slab –DPC)

SUBSTRUCTURE (Foundation works to Floor Slab) Materials + Labour.
1. Site Preparation, Setting-out -- 44,650
2. Excavation of Foundation Trenches, Bases etc--- 82,500
3. Foundation Concrete works (consisting of Concrete blinding, Strip Foundation footing, Column Bases)=== 485,225
4. Foundation Blockwork --- 436,700
5. Filling (with Laterite) + Compaction --- 200,000
6. Formwork (i.e Siding) for the Floor Slab--- 22,260
7. DPC (Floor Slab) Concrete Works --- 1,087,200.00

TOTAL --- 2,358,535.00

I have also included the design of the building for guidance

Any useful information will be greatly appreciated, I plan to be in Nigeria in 3 weeks time, but I believe these figures are out of place.

Thanks

OP, did you ever commence construction?
Re: Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by kenazuu(m): 9:35am On Jan 13, 2015
hi,

I am also doing something like this but with building area of 231 sqm. though i stopped at DPC level to continue so by his grace.

so far, for the dpc level i have spent;(no filling and oversite concrete yet)

1500 blocks @ N150= N225000
20 tons of sharp sand @ N25000
20 tons of granite @ N65000
Uprooting of trees @ N15000

for the site preparation , excavation of foundation, foundation concrete , column base, foundation blockwork to dpc, (I spent N150k)

NOTE: I am also building in Ibadan.

Please try to buy all you require yourself or have idea of what you want, I believe it will help cut cost

1 Like

Re: Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 13, 2015
kenazuu:
hi,

I am also doing something like this but with building area of 231 sqm. though i stopped at DPC level to continue so by his grace.

for the site preparation , excavation of foundation, foundation concrete , column base, foundation blockwork to dpc, (I spent N150k)

Please try to buy all you require yourself or have idea of what you want, I believe it will help cut cost

I'm going to send you an email.
Re: Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by kenazuu(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
@CityNG,

i have replied your mail.

1 Like

Re: Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by muyeeoo(m): 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2015
Please which area did you get this prize for this materials becoas my builder is requesting for

10tons of granite for N73K
20ton sharp sand for 55k

kenazuu:
hi,

Re: Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by kenazuu(m): 3:13pm On Jan 13, 2015
are you in ibadan?
Re: Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by muyeeoo(m): 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2015
Am in Lagos but the Site is in Mowe

kenazuu:
are you in ibadan?
Re: Bungalow Foundation Quote..!! by kenazuu(m): 5:13pm On Jan 13, 2015
i will find out the cost for u

(1) (Reply)

Solar Generator With Easy Payment / 4 Ways You Stand To Gain While Investing In Real Estate / Land For Sale Brg Product Of The Day* =====☆☆☆●☆☆☆===== *lakewood Manor* ▪▪

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.