Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,508 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Do Not EVER Invest Into Hauling Business In Nigeria........reasons...... - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do Not EVER Invest Into Hauling Business In Nigeria........reasons...... (20933 Views)

INVEST INTO TOMATO,PEPE,ONIONS,SUYABINS,CORN,WHITBINS,E.T.C / The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into / What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Do Not EVER Invest Into Hauling Business In Nigeria........reasons...... by jonnywest(m): 3:35am On Jul 03, 2018
stpat1:
When I read your post I just shook my head.
Well I agree with you partially but there are two major factor that determines the Success or Failure of Truck business.
1. The type of truck
2. The owner or manager of the truck

Factor 1: Now if you buy a popular and rugged truck that is easy to fix by most mechanics, manage and has its spares parts readily available with an experienced driver then then you're not likely to have headaches if you follow up with the second factor.

Factor 2: If the truck owner has is ready to dedicate good time to the truck biz then you wouldn't have to get worked up by drivers acts of short changing and the rest. If you are managing your truck yourself, its better to put it to work for a particular contract job so you know the exact route where the truck is working, know the terrain which the truck is working in (if your satisfied with it then carry go), Be the one to handle all financial aspect (which includes dealing with clients, fueling, repairs and the rest) just ensure you pay the driver well and dictate where or what he does with the truck.
When you are accepting a job, consider its effect on the truck and don't overload your truck.

If you can adhere to these procedures you'll not have stress with your truck and will enjoy your truck for years.
I've noticed that most truck owners that complain are those that just give out their trucks to drivers and charge high amounts to be delivered to them daily or weekly. by this the driver is saddled by the drive to meet up with the lease and if possible make double more for himself so will take up any job with out considering the negative effect on the truck.

If you are giving it to a manager, give it to him at a reasonable price, because by that the manager will be the one doing the monitoring and checks. By this he will ensure he is able to conveniently make your lease payment, pay the driver and make something for himself. He'll likely want to ensure the truck is running optimally at all times because any loss time is also a loss to him so issues of overload and usage in bad terrain will be avoided.

I have some trucks I'm managing and thank God the owners have never had reasons to complain. I must tell you that the greatest error you can make is allowing money pass through the hands of drivers, even if its money to fuel the truck.

Are you still into the business?

Re: Do Not EVER Invest Into Hauling Business In Nigeria........reasons...... by joeyreports: 10:01am On Jul 24, 2020
Haulage trucking and logistics business plan in Nigeria....
Re: Do Not EVER Invest Into Hauling Business In Nigeria........reasons...... by MICHEAL346(m): 10:51am On Jul 24, 2020
miredia:
If you closely observe I categorically spelt out 3 key determining factors that will most likely keep your freight business afloat in Nigeria if you meet them.1. Drive yourself. 2. defining one or two trucks as a successful start-up fleet is erroneous. 3.If u live in Nigeria. Unfortunately this may sound aggravating to your ears but the truth is 95% of businesses left in care of anybody in Nigeria turns out sour.partially or wholly. Disprove this theory or find my statement refutable by bringing in just 5 out of the at least 10,000 diasporans on NL. . I agree with you on the route, which I would say is best if u have local and regional runs. A run radiused around a 3 hr drive max. I owned Macks. stating the parts rotors, injectors, hub seals, tires, s cam shaft or light switch does give a literal and figurative intention of the purported message. They will be switched period! Verify with dangote transport, they are leveraging their success on quantity. I know u guys are honest boys but this is simply my take on this. Goodluck to prospective naija truck investors. Someone asking for the price of a road worthy truck in the U.S that will yield $3000. If u live here with decent credit u finance with perhaps 5-10k if u don't live here, then somewhere in the range of 20-35k, (abeg do not be a greedy business glutton) which is close to your expenditure of buying a junk that won't outlast 6months max, shipping, paying duty(clearing) replacing those snow tires, scouting around for a chasis then building the body as we call it at home or looking for dump trailer if into construction which I must admit is good in naija.

Is the 35k in dollars or naira? I am not getting it. Please reply Asap.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bode Agusto Is Dead / Please Suggest A Business Name! / Naira Weakens At Official Market, Banks Sell $584m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.