Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into (15110 Views)

INVEST INTO TOMATO,PEPE,ONIONS,SUYABINS,CORN,WHITBINS,E.T.C / Do Not EVER Invest Into Hauling Business In Nigeria........reasons...... / What Business Can Invest Into With N2,000,000? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by IgboAmaka1: 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
The most economically viable states in Nigeria that can guarantee investors return on investment:

1 Like

Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by IgboAmaka1: 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
I guess states as : Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, Delta must come into the equation. Add more viable states if you know any.
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by aljharem(m): 6:37pm On Nov 12, 2011
Kano, lagos, Oyo, rivers, anambra and adamawa
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by Ohaneze1: 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
^^

I think Delta and Bayelsa should be in the list due to the oil and gas business
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by Francis5: 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2011
All nine oil-producing states, then Lagos, Anambra, Oyo, Kano, Ogun and Enugu
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by igbo2011(m): 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2011
There s tourism in Cross River state. Boko Haram is messing it up though.
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by jason123: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2011
Investment in what terms?? Real estate? It all depends on the type of investments.

For ALL investments, I have to admit the Lagos is the place.

Real estate: Ogun (due to her proximity to Lagos), Abuja and Oyo (especially Shangisha), Anambra (Onisha)

Oil and gas: Delta and Rivers. Bayelsa does not produce that much oil although, its where oil was initially discovered.

Finance and stock market: I'd say Lagos because most HQs are situated there so it's easier to get informed in Lagos compared to other states.

Technology and manufacturing companies : Apart from Lagos, I'd say Abia, Enugu and Anambra.

Aviation:
Lagos and Abuja

I can go on and on. . . But first, you need to know the sector you want to go into.

1 Like

Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by jmaine: 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2011
igbo2011:

There s tourism in Cross River state.  Boko Haram is messing it up though.

How is Boko haram messing it up ? . . .

alj harem:

Kano, lagos, Oyo, rivers, anambra and [size=20pt]adamawa[/size]

What is Adamawa doing there . . . Guy rearrange abeg . . .
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by Ohaneze1: 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

Investment in what terms?? Real estate? It all depends on the type of investments.

For ALL investments, I have to admit the Lagos is the place.

Real estate: Ogun (due to her proximity to Lagos), Abuja and Oyo (especially Shangisha), Anambra (Onisha)

Oil and gas: Delta and Rivers. Bayelsa does not produce that much oil although, its where oil was initially discovered.

Finance and stock market: I'd say Lagos because most HQs are situated there so it's easier to get informed in Lagos compared to other states.

Technology and manufacturing companies : Apart from Lagos, I'd say Abia, Enugu and Anambra.

Aviation:
Lagos and Abuja

I can go on and on. . . But first, you need to know the sector you want to go into.

You analysis is quite rich and comprehensive. I think that economically viable states can mean states that can yield in all areas of investment. Thus states like Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, Delta and Kano easily comes to mind and are major Nigeria's economic hotbeds.

1 Like

Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by olawalebabs(m): 9:58am On Nov 13, 2011
For new investors, virgin land will be best, in that case i suggest Ilorin, it serves as the gateway between south and north, the economy is just developing. It's proximity to abuja and lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by phantom(m): 11:16am On Nov 13, 2011
Imo should be considered as viable for investments in tourism

1 Like

Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by Ohaneze1: 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2011
^^

Which tourism? Imo state is not viable either for tourism nor economic investment. Reason=insecurity. If you want tourism go to cross river. What about Tinapa?
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by adigun101: 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2011
phantom:

Imo should be considered as viable for investments in tourism
How and y?
I would say Edo because of its rich traditional sites and activities in addition to its world renowned artworks.
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by jason123: 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2011
Ohaneze1:

You analysis is quite rich and comprehensive. I think that economically viable states can mean states that can yield in all areas of investment. Thus states like Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, Delta and Kano easily comes to mind and are major Nigeria's economic hotbeds.

All areas of investments? I'd say its limited to one state, Lagos. An investor should look for states with comparative advantages in the sector he/she wants to go to. This was why I had to divide the response to sectors.
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by abagoro(m): 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2011
Ohaneze1:

^^

Which tourism? Imo state is not viable either for tourism nor economic investment. Reason=insecurity. If you want tourism go to cross river. What about Tinapa?

Which Southeasten State is more secure than Imo? Imo is the best place to site a hotel in Nigeria. Pay a visit and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by RickyRoss1(m): 10:37pm On Nov 13, 2011
abagoro:

Which Southeasten State is more secure than Imo? Imo is the best place to site a hotel in Nigeria. Pay a visit and see for yourself.

Well said. So many guys are ignorant, they stay in their house and talk about states they have never visited before. Today is Sunday I am just returning from Owerri, you cant get hotel in Owerri from Friday to Sunday as all hotels are usually fully booked. Most Igbos in PHC, Abia etc flock to Owerri every weekend to jolly life. Hotel business is paying like cocaine in Owerri.
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by asha80(m): 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

Well said. So many guys are ignorant, they stay in their house and talk about states they have never visited before. Today is Sunday I am just returning from Owerri, you cant get hotel in Owerri from Friday to Sunday as all hotels are usually fully booked. Most Igbos in PHC, Abia etc flock to Owerri every weekend to jolly life. Hotel business is paying like cocaine in Owerri.

i wish another business can boom in owerri the way hotel business has been booming there for a long time now.
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by helpee(m): 4:31am On Nov 14, 2011
I would say maiduguri and yobe, especially if you are into bomb making. Lots of patronage from boko haram
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by ebere1712: 4:42am On Nov 14, 2011
Imo state
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by Ohaneze1: 7:29am On Nov 14, 2011
asha 80:

i wish another business can boom in owerri the way hotel business has been booming there for a long time now.

I wish also that they turn to other form of economic boom, because the town has recorded highest rate of prostitution and students harlotry. The alarming rate of commercial sex workers in that town is really really dehumanizing.
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by IgboAmaka1: 7:34am On Nov 14, 2011
abagoro:

Sorry to disappoint you, Its a national and international knowledge that your Owerre is a no-go-area.  grin grin grin grin So stop deceiving yourself because people does not travel to your owerre for anything meaningful except for gang of prostitutes selling themselves 1naira due to bad market. grin grin

"Travel Warning
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Bureau of Consular Affairs

The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Nigeria, and continues to recommend U.S. citizens avoid all but essential travel to the Niger Delta states of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers; the Southeastern states of Abia, Edo, Imo; the city of Jos in Plateau State, Bauchi and Borno States in the northeast; and the Gulf of Guinea because of the risks of kidnapping, robbery, and other armed attacks in these areas. Violent crime committed by individuals and gangs, as well as by persons wearing police and military uniforms, remains a problem throughout the country. This notice replaces the Travel Warning for Nigeria dated October 19, 2010, to update information on recent violent activity and crime in Nigeria."

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_5580.html
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by macjive01: 7:36am On Nov 14, 2011
the most assured investment is an investment in pu.ssy. as someone said above, it pays like cocaine. it sure does.

the hotels in owerri, over 200 first class three star hotels, should concentrate more on expansion and adding resourcefulness to their business. they should transit to resorts.

with large pool facility.

offering holiday packages

all inclusive deals

incorporation of family/kids fairs.
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by ektbear: 8:04am On Nov 14, 2011
Lol.

I figured that s3x must be the reason everyone goes to Owerri on the weekends, but wasn't completely sure.
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by fxtopedia(m): 9:23am On Nov 14, 2011
[size=38pt]Lagos[/size]
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by stolenstone: 9:29am On Nov 14, 2011
IMO: Investment Meets Opportunity
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by moderatorr: 9:30am On Nov 14, 2011
enugu.
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by abouzaid: 9:37am On Nov 14, 2011
How come no body is talking about agriculture. If ur interested in agriculture pls ur welcome here in the north. Land is cheap or even free,labour cost is dirt cheap, constant electricity,excellent network of road, no government endorsed extortion like LASTMATA or ndi mpia wa azu and the crime rate is almost 0%
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by fxtopedia(m): 9:46am On Nov 14, 2011
abouzaid:

How come no body is talking about agriculture. If your interested in agriculture pls your welcome here in the north. Land is cheap or even free,labour cost is dirt cheap, constant electricity,excellent network of road, no government endorsed extortion like LASTMATA or ndi mpia wa azu and [color=#006600]the crime rate is almost 0%[/color]

What BOKO-HARAM N ALMAJIRIS rate? Rolfmao
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by abagoro(m): 10:01am On Nov 14, 2011
Ohaneze1:

I wish also that they turn to other form of economic boom, because the town has recorded highest rate of prostitution and students harlotry. The alarming rate of commercial sex workers in that town is really really dehumanizing.
Igbo Amaka:

Sorry to disappoint you, Its a national and international knowledge that your Owerre is a no-go-area.  grin grin grin grin So stop deceiving yourself because people does not travel to your owerre for anything meaningful except for gang of LovePeddlers selling themselves 1naira due to bad market. grin grin

You people disgust me to the bone.I will not be surprised if both of you are chino11.You all claim that we are Igbos together but you seem envious of our progress.You never view Owerri as a pride of the Igbo nation.All you do is call our girls prostitutes and refuse to marry them while we live in a fools world believing we are but one people.I hope things do not end up sad.

Come to think of it why do you people call every girl that is not from your State "prostitute"?.Rivers,Delta,Imo,Abia,Akwaibom,Crossriver.That wrong notion on your part has to change.90% of love-peddlers in Port Harcourt are from your State.
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by IgboAmaka1: 10:11am On Nov 14, 2011
Leading economic/commercial viable states: Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, Delta and Kano
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by Sike(m): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2011
Anywhere Provided you know what you're doing.
Re: The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into by abouzaid: 10:31am On Nov 14, 2011
^^^ guy if ur girls are not being married by other igbos. It's because they have acquired a well deserved reputation as love peddlars not because the other igbos have ganged up against imo. even in anambra girls from onitsha are avoided like a plague because of their bad reputation, also igbos don't regard girls from cross river and akwa ibom as love peddlars. Don't start an online enemity between brothers        @fxtopedia  those boko haram and almajiris are the one feeding ur over glorified lagos. Agriculture is best practised in the north and i encourage any body interested in large scale agriculture to come up here in the north

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How to Fund Alipay Account From Nigeria directly from your bank / Nigeria, One Of Top 10 Global Economies – US Govt / Nigeria’s $1 Billion Eurobond Oversubscribed By 7 Folds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.