Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money (12529 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / See Face Of Man Who Battered His Wife & Inflicted Deep Cut On Her In Lagos(pics) / PHOTO: Man Who Abandoned Wife For Having 3 Set Of Twins Returns Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Tgirl4real(f): 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2012
I don't even know the title to give this.

Sincerely, my intention is not to diss this man o cos I know what our economy says now, and boys even men are not smiling. grin

But, what do you say to a man that hasn't been dropping money and expects to eat good food? lipsrsealed

I don't mean to be rude....but, I see this as irresponsible.

I still don't understand how some of our men reason undecided
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2012
I remember a story I heard sometime ago (or was it a movie? undecided ) . . . . The man went to work without leaving a kobo for food. When he came home, he screamed at his wife to serve him dinner, as usual.

The wife calmly brought out a well laid out tray with covered dishes, a bowl of water for washing hands, and a class of chilled drinking water.

The man happily washed his hands and reached for the meal only to discover an EMPTY bowl! cheesy cheesy

Good food doesnt fall from the sky . . simple!

1 Like

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
Lol,its part of irresponsibility especially when he can afford it.but if he cant afford it,o well,i can excuse dat

3 Likes

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by tasandra: 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
Op na hunger go kill am nw grin grin grin
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by tasandra: 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2012
tasandra: Op na hunger go kill am nw grin grin grin
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Tgirl4real(f): 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2012
Ujujoan: I remember a story I heard sometime ago (or was it a movie? undecided ) . . . . The man went to work without leaving a kobo for food. When he came home, he screamed at his wife to serve him dinner, as usual.

The wife calmly brought out a well laid out tray with covered dishes, a bowl of water for washing hands, and a class of chilled drinking water.

The man happily washed his hands and reached for the meal only to discover an EMPTY bowl! cheesy cheesy

hehehehehe

I hope he doesn't break the bowl on her head. grin

6 Likes

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Tgirl4real(f): 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2012
kulyie: Lol,its part of irresponsibility especially when he can afford it.but if he cant afford it,o well,i can excuse dat

ehn ehn . . . if he can't afford it, he shouldn't expect good food na. He should make do with what he gets. Simple! smiley

1 Like

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by ifyalways(f): 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2012
If he has been dropping before, why not? The wife should understand and help out.

If he's suddenly jobless but physically fit and decides on staying idle at home, i fit pity am give am without meat. cheesy

If he has the money but just wouldn't drop for food then it'll be fair to have the wife cut and fry his blokos for him.

4 Likes

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
@ tgirl theres always a trying tym in everymans life (financially) and d woman has to b supportive and understandin,dis is where d man nids d woman to b supportive yet humble and respectful,howeva wen tables turn around and things r rosy with d man and he starts givin me stories instead of money,ehen,we can stat dragin our shirts
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by blank(f): 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
ifyalways: If he has been dropping before then then why not? The wife should understand and help out.
If he's suddenly jobless but physically fit but decides on staying idle at home, then I fit pity am give am without meat.
If he has the money but just wouldn't drop for food then it'll be fair to have the wife cut and fry his blokos for him.

What if the woman is a housewife? Where will the meat come from? Is it not money that he drops that she will use to cook or shld she manufacture the food from the air?
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by emilyone(f): 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2012
u should starve him and since u are working go and eat outside when he gets fed up he will give u money so u would have taught him a lesson so he will learn to be dropping money so he can eat good food wink cheesy
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by EfemenaXY: 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
Ujujoan: I remember a story I heard sometime ago (or was it a movie? undecided ) . . . . The man went to work without leaving a kobo for food. When he came home, he screamed at his wife to serve him dinner, as usual.

Yeah, I remember that too. It was part of a drama series on TV. Can't recall the title though grin
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by dayokanu(m): 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
See women.

Now tell me why a housewife deserves to eat when she doesnt contribute anything to the family.

Tgirl you story isnt complete, Does the guy have a job, Does he have money? is he using his money to do something greater for the family like building a house or paying school fees?

Even if he doesnt drop maybe because he doesnt have the means that makes you to starve him and he is no longer the head of the family?

na wa oo. You now see why most Nigerian men think little of the women because they know they are only there when things are rosy and they can drop money for food, the moment they cant drop money, they are no longer worthy to be called husbands

That woman you are talking about is a shame to women. What happened to for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness in health

I really cant understand how most women reason

4 Likes

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2012
kulyie: @ tgirl theres always a trying tym in everymans life (financially) and d woman has to b supportive and understandin,dis is where d man nids d woman to b supportive yet humble and respectful,howeva wen tables turn around and things r rosy with d man and he starts givin me stories instead of money,ehen,we can stat dragin our shirts

well i quite agree with yA
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by dayokanu(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2012
kulyie: @ tgirl theres always a trying tym in everymans life (financially) and d woman has to b supportive and understandin,dis is where d man nids d woman to b supportive yet humble and respectful,howeva wen tables turn around and things r rosy with d man and he starts givin me stories instead of money,ehen,we can stat dragin our shirts

Exactly,

if the man doesnt have money and you ridicule him even with something like food. Then hopefully when he has the money he would treat the wife too like the trash she is

3 Likes

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by ronkebp(f): 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
I think it depends on how the home had been run from the beginning...

- are there shared responsiblities? is the woman taking care of the kitchen while the man pays other bills in the home?

- is the man jobless ( has never worked, 'full house husband" or he just lost his job and the woman stepped into the situation to help out)?

- Is the woman a full house wife and has no income and solely depends on the husband?

- Is the man just not interested in footing the bill when he knows that his wife is N0 3 above?

2 Likes

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
ronkebp: I think it depends on how the home had been run from the beginning...

- are there shared responsiblities? is the woman taking care of the kitchen while the man pays other bills in the home?

- is the man jobless ( has never worked, 'full house husband" or he just lost his job and the woman stepped into the situation to help out)?

- Is the woman a full house wife and has no income and solely depends on the husband?

- Is the man just not interested in footing the bill when he knows that his wife is N0 3 above?

Now we are talking!!!

Count the number of women above who have condemned and called the man names before even knowing the details.

You sef check am is that right?
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by EfemenaXY: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2012
dayokanu: See women.

Now tell me why a housewife deserves to eat when she doesnt contribute anything to the family.

Tgirl you story isnt complete, Does the guy have a job, Does he have money? is he using his money to do something greater for the family like building a house or paying school fees?

Even if he doesnt drop maybe because he doesnt have the means that makes you to starve him and he is no longer the head of the family?

na wa oo. You now see why most Nigerian men think little of the women because they know they are only there when things are rosy and they can drop money for food, the moment they cant drop money, they are no longer worthy to be called husbands

That woman you are talking about is a shame to women. What happened to for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness in health

I really cant understand how most women reason

And what if the guy has got a job and the means to provide the basic needs for the family, but chooses to spend it outside / on girlfriends?

How d'you know he isn't saving up to get a second wife so he can ditch the first one, because suddenly, she looks "old" to him?

What if the wife's decided not to "drag" trousers with him, so he should fulfil his role as the Alpha and Omega, the sole provider and head of the home?

Honestly, sometimes you guys are hard to fathom. If a woman works her fingers to the bone, pregnancy or not, serves the man his dinner whilst kneeling on the floor, he won't be satisfied. He'll find faults because she placed the knife/fork/spoon/cup in the wrong geographical position.

If she chooses to let him run the ship i.e be the sole provider, he'll complain that she's lazy, non supportive, etc.

If he goes to the toilet and she wipes his a$$ for him, then flushes the toilet after he's done, he'll still complain that she used toilet rolls instead of baby soft wipes on his bum!

Honestly, WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT SEF??

1 Like

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by dayokanu(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2012
Efemena_xy:

And what if the guy has got a job and the means to provide the basic needs for the family, but chooses to spend it outside / on girlfriends?

How d'you know he isn't saving up to get a second wife so he can ditch the first one, because suddenly, she looks "old" to him?

What if the wife's decided not to "drag" trousers with him, so he should fulfil his role as the Alpha and Omega, the sole provider and head of the home?

Honestly, sometimes you guys are hard to fathom. If a woman works her fingers to the bone, pregnancy or not, serves the man his dinner whilst kneeling on the floor, he won't be satisfied. He'll find faults because she placed the knife/fork/spoon/cup in the wrong geographical position.

If she chooses to let him run the ship i.e be the sole provider, he'll complain that she's lazy, non supportive, etc.

If he goes to the toilet and she wipes his a$$ for him, he'll still complain that she used toilet rolls instead of baby soft wipes!

Honestly, WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT SEF??

In this particular instance do you know the details?

In a marriage when did the man become sole provider? if the man is supposed to be sole provider what does the woman contribute into the union?

if a woman doesnt contribute nada and she chose to be just a property and not a co-owner in the house then she deserves to be discarded anytime she is past her use date like other properties in the house?

So you are in support of starving the man whenever he doesnt provide money for food?

So now tell me why a woman should eat if she too doesnt contribute to the running of the house?

Like I said when it comes to responsibilities, women remember the man is the head, when it comes to benefits, they remember they are equal partners

WHAT DO WOMEN WANT SEF?

1 Like

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by EfemenaXY: 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2012
^^ Okay!

I guess the question then is: WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT SEF?? grin grin grin

And no, I don't support starving your fellow human being, be it man, woman or child.

But for those pig-headed twerps that demand absolute submissiveness from their wives, total control of her thoughts and actions, and dominance over everything she does, then surely a simple basic task of providing food for his family should not be an issue?

After all, if the average Nigerian guy wishes to act the part of a caveman, going by the threads opened up here of recent, then he should go out and hunt and gather like they did! Abi??

1 Like

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by MissIfe(f): 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
Easy, if my man do that, I'll bring the money (what big deal is that), but he'll do the cooking (while I'll be watching TV) grin no need to argue, we are partners not enemies wink
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by EfemenaXY: 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2012
^^ Exactly.

And make sure when he serves the food, he MUST use the right tone to address you, and ensure that the cup doesn't block your view of that Nollywood movie on TV.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by MissIfe(f): 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Exactly.

And make sure when he serves the food, he MUST use the right tone to address you, and ensure that the cup doesn't block your view of that Nollywood movie on TV.

ahahah he will be serving me in silence and on his knees, of course grin

oh gosh, if my hubby reads that undecided just kidding, baby kiss
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Okay!

I guess the question then is: WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT SEF?? grin grin grin

And no, I don't support starving your fellow human being, be it man, woman or child.

But for those pig-headed twerps that demand absolute submissiveness from their wives, total control of her thoughts and actions, and dominance over everything she does, then surely a simple basic task of providing food for his family should not be an issue?

After all, if the average Nigerian guy wishes to act the part of a caveman, going by the threads opened up here of recent, then he should go out and hunt and gather like they did! Abi??

And if the man is the sole provider and the woman is just sitting like a piece of furniture, then shouldnt the man have the right to clear her out together with other pieces of furniture occupying the space at home?

So the bottom line on this thread is that once a man cant provide money for his house regardless of the circumstance he is not worthy to be a husband

Honestly with the attitude of most naija women, I see no reason to blame the men who treat them like trash.

They both deserve each other
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by SisiKill1: 5:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
I swear I am fearing this marriage thingy oh!! I've not put much thought into so many thing, okay scratch that, it is not like I haven't given much thought to them, I've always had the impression that there are some things that are a given.

You go to the grocery store today and buy whatever is needed and if he goes tomorrow and brings something home. . .fine. No fuss, no muss!!

Even with Bills, whoever gets there first pays it off. It's not my turn, your turn or you did this and I will do that in the matter

Of course, all of that depends on the kinda relationship you have to begin with. Be rest assured, we won't be going to far if the guy is stingy with his money. Look, I am not saying spend on me like there is no tomorrow, just don't make a big deal. . .franking your face all over the place because you think somebody wants your money. cheesy

Am I being Naive? embarassed embarassed
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by MissIfe(f): 5:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
@sisi kill : you don't seem naive to me. Money is something very easy in my own marriage, and I think it is not a problem in many marriages, where both partners behave like responsible adults. It's just that all those happy people usually don't come and open thread on NL for us to read wink
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by EfemenaXY: 5:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I swear I am fearing this marriage thingy oh!! I've not put much thought into so many thing, okay scratch that, it is not like I haven't given much thought to them, I've always had the impression that there are some things that are a given.

You go to the grocery store today and buy whatever is needed and if he goes tomorrow and brings something home. . .fine. No fuss, no muss!!

Even with Bills, whoever gets there first pays it off. It's not my turn, your turn or you did this and I will do that in the matter

Of course, all of that depends on the kinda relationship you have to begin with. Be rest assured, we won't be going to far if the guy stingy with his money. Look, I am not saying spend on me like there is no tomorrow, just don't make a big deal. . .franking your face all over the place because you think somebody wants your money. cheesy

My sister, no need to fear.

As long as you don't rush into it blindly, spend however long it takes to get to know your intended spouse whilst dating, understand yourselves properly and marry for the right reasons, then you should be fine.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by SisiKill1: 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
dayokanu:

And if the man is the sole provider and the woman is just sitting like a piece of furniture, then shouldnt the man have the right to clear her out together with other pieces of furniture occupying the space at home?

So the bottom line on this thread is that once a man cant provide money for his house regardless of the circumstance he is not worthy to be a husband

Honestly with the attitude of most naija women, I see no reason to blame the men who treat them like trash.

Anyone who sits her at home twiddling her thumb deserves whatever she gets. angry angry

I'm sorry but there is no excuse for a woman of this day and age to be just sit down without a tangible source of income apart from the kobo kobo her husband throws her way.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by EfemenaXY: 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2012
dayokanu:

That's not true and you know it Dayo.

The bottom line here is about someone who wants to eat his cake and have it.

Mark my words, it's just a matter of time before a r[i]e[/i]t[b]a[/b]rd opens up a thread here with the title: OMG!! My wife's poo isn't blue in color. Should I divorce her??
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by SisiKill1: 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
Miss_Ife: @sisi kill : you don't seem naive to me. Money is something very easy in my own marriage, and I think it is not a problem in many marriages, where both partners behave like responsible adults. It's just that all those happy people usually don't come and open thread on NL for us to read wink

Efemena_xy:

My sister, no need to fear.

As long as you don't rush into it blindly, spend however long it takes to get to know your intended spouse whilst dating, understand yourselves properly and marry for the right reasons, then you should be fine.

Aww thanks Ladies and you are right, the happy ones don't open the threads (Bummer!). It just so scary to see things that you never thought could be an issue being made one. Half the time, I'm reading the threads and going. . ."Really? That's a problem? Like for real?? Wow!" cheesy
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by kay9(m): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2012
Whenever i see topics like this and the replies that follow them, i pinch myself and say aloud ''Its just a forum; its just a discussion''. Serve him an empty plate? And u say u wana build a loving home? Mmm.

Man brings all the money, throws weight around, treats wife unfairly. WRONG.

Man gets on hard times, cant bring money and throw weight around, AND still expects wife's loyal service and delicious meals. WRONG.

Wife decides man should get just dessert, serves him empty plate (or its various variations). WRONG.

Wrong, wrong, WRONG!!

Tgirl, u mean to tell me that even you dont realise the FUNDAMENTAL thing here? That both parties are wrong??

Please where is Chaircover?
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by oluite(f): 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I swear I am fearing this marriage thingy oh!! I've not put much thought into so many thing, okay scratch that, it is not like I haven't given much thought to them, I've always had the impression that there are some things that are a given.

Of course, all of that depends on the kinda relationship you have to begin with. Be rest assured, we won't be going to far if the guy is stingy with his money. Look, I am not saying spend on me like there is no tomorrow, just don't make a big deal. . .franking your face all over the place because you think somebody wants your money. cheesy

Can't say i blame you?With the real life marriage tales here on family section!I have the shivers myself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Women Like House-husbands? / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) / Nigerian Girls Forced Into Prostitution In Cote D’ivoire-pics Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.