Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money (12553 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / See Face Of Man Who Battered His Wife & Inflicted Deep Cut On Her In Lagos(pics) / PHOTO: Man Who Abandoned Wife For Having 3 Set Of Twins Returns Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2012
Efemena_xy:

That's not true and you know it Dayo.

The bottom line here is about someone who wants to eat his cake and have it.

Mark my words, it's just a matter of time before a r[i]e[/i]t[b]a[/b]rd opens up a thread here with the title: OMG!! My wife's poo isn't blue in color. Should I divorce her??

Ok tell me the point of the previous female posters who affirmed it that once a man cant leave money for food, he doesnt deserve to eat. Or even serve him an empty plate .

And you think the man isnt noticing this? Once money comes you would now have threads like My husband doesnt regard me.

Thats why Naija women most of the time deserve no pity.

A Man should pay every of their bills, buy them weaves, buy them phones, buy them cars, buy them pads. So what do naija women contribute to the running of the house
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by ronkebp(f): 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2012
Tgirl...unless you tell us the crux of the problem, in that marraige, we will all be saying different things. Is it that the woman complains that her hubby has been non-challant about providing for the home or what?? is he an irresponsible man, if he is, in what sense? Because sometimes, his behaviour might just be that he inferred from what ever "has been" from the beginning that the wife would be footing the bills for food.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
Knowing what most naija women are It wont be a surprise that maybe things just took a downward turn for the husband two months ago and the wife started throwing tantrums

I have a friend whose wife would complain how lazy he is, That she was the one paying all the bills for the past 4 yrs of marriage.

When both the man and the wife were called it was discovered that the man lost his bank Job in December and by March the wife was already screaming to the high heavens that he is irresponsible even in the presence of family, kids and neighbours.

The woman obviously couldnt deny it cos the man brought his bank statements out to show his expenses on the house for 4yrs before his job loss.

The man revealed the kind of humiliation meted out to him in the last 2 months by his wife who enjoyed his own money when he was working.

Whenever that guys gets another job or comes into money. lets see how he would act and Maybe the wife would come on Nl to post how wicked her Husband is

3 Likes

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 09, 2012
Damn, God, forever give me a good job, so that I won't have to wait till he drops 'chop money' ewwww tongue. I believe I should be able to take care of the food departmentcheesy.

1 Like

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by chamotex(m): 12:48am On Aug 10, 2012
The wife can also chip in if possible unless she's jobless.
It takes two.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by chamotex(m): 12:51am On Aug 10, 2012
stillwater: Damn, God, forever give me a good job, so that I won't have to wait till he drops 'chop money' ewwww tongue. I believe I should be able to take care of the food departmentcheesy.

If you have a job, I don't think its a big deal.
And like you've said already, you should be able to take care of the food department and let the husband take care of other departments like mortgage, rent etc.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by armyofone(m): 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
me ask you for chop money? what?

Drop money? what's that? Why shouldn't a woman have control of the bank where she can always shop from? without having to ask for money...chineke!

me o, after marriage and honey moon, i will make a budget and hand it to you to go through.
if our budget for food and stuff is 3500 dollars for 2 (including fine dinning and eating out cuz i no fit slave for kitchen all the time grin) then so be it. no more no less cheesy
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 11, 2012
Tgirl4real: I don't even know the title to give this.

Sincerely, my intention is not to diss this man o cos I know what our economy says now, and boys even men are not smiling. grin

But, what do you say to a man that hasn't been dropping money and expects to eat good food? lipsrsealed

I don't mean to be rude....but, I see this as irresponsible.

I still don't understand how some of our men reason undecided
Him go chop you sleep naw
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Sunbellar: 3:06am On Aug 11, 2012
[quote author=emilyone]u should starve him and since u are working go and eat outside when he gets fed up he will give u money so u would have taught him a lesson so he will learn to be dropping money so he can eat good food wink cheesy

@emilyone, you harsh ooo! it is not always like that. kindly balance your reasoning and from this comment, it seems you re yet to get married.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Sunbellar: 3:20am On Aug 11, 2012
stillwater: Damn, God, forever give me a good job, so that I won't have to wait till he drops 'chop money' ewwww tongue. I believe I should be able to take care of the food departmentcheesy.
Its from comments like this we know those that can make good homes. Good women dont nagg when they re supportive but bad ones do. Just keep that mindset @ stillwater and it shall be well with you
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Pharoh: 4:15am On Aug 11, 2012

Have always liked your mindset and this is the kind of thinking expected of our women so keep it up. cool
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 11, 2012
Awon obinrin kala sha. Even money for salt maggi and matches na man go pay am
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Demdem(m): 5:36am On Aug 11, 2012
How will he be able to perform excellently on u at night if u don't give him good food? Before u know it, u will come back to complain that ur man no fit do. Abegii don't starve that brother. grin
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 11, 2012
Do men still "drop" money? I thought what people do these days is have each others internet banking passwords and ATM cards and pin(s) or bank details?
The only time I pinch money is when I see is wallet lying around. I am still repaying that ijebu man for the 10 dollar(mind you I had no cash on me that night lipsrsealed) lunch money I took from his wallet. grin 1 dollar repayment every Month

I have told him to buy "himself" a RR car and I will pay him in full grin

Every woman should be able to control her own money and her husbands money. I don't ask or wait for him to drop, I use mine/his or the joint , I only ask when my demands are too high. lipsrsealed grin
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by dejiswaggs(m): 5:48am On Aug 11, 2012
Omo Big mummy OP you are right when you said you think is irresponsibility. As a man,if you can not provide food for your family then you have failed.
I don't blame any woman who demand an ''Owo Onn'je'' from her husband. It's her right and the husband have the responsibility to provide that money to her.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Korrection(m): 6:08am On Aug 11, 2012
Never knew nairaland has females like this...see dem ...na this one dey sweet dem...anyway that man should go to hell...if you cant bring mney for good food then expect water and red oil...Chikena
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Acidosis(m): 6:10am On Aug 11, 2012
jennykadry:
The only time I pinch money is when I see is wallet lying around. I am still repaying that ijebu man for the 10 dollar(mind you[b] I had no cash on me that night lipsrsealed) lunch money I took from his wallet. grin 1 dollar repayment every Month[/b]

I have told him to buy "himself" a RR car and I will pay him in full grin

sorry. .what do you do for a living. .?
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by greatgod2012(f): 6:12am On Aug 11, 2012
it takes 2 to tangle, aren't we suppose to ba partners, and why food money in d 1st place, when d 2 of u are working, and there are so many bills to clear? what are we women using our own money 4 when we can not assist financially?money 4 food or not, food is always available, because when i collect my salary, d 1st thing i do is to stock food stuffs, including meat, fish etc, so there is no reason 4 me to still be waiting 4 food money.

To all married women in d house, lets please command/earn respect 4 ourselves by not expecting our hubby to foot all d bills everytime,its rewarding; what if we're created as men, wont we be responsible as men in d house?

For men who can afford it, but refuse, lets just ignore him and do d right thing, there's a blessing attached to every good work done, so whoever refuse to play his part misses d blessings.
My opinion anyway.

1 Like

Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Poolamy: 6:15am On Aug 11, 2012
emilyone: u should starve him and since u are working go and eat outside when he gets fed up he will give u money so u would have taught him a lesson so he will learn to be dropping money so he can eat good food wink cheesy

emilyone: u should starve him and since u are working go and eat outside when he gets fed up he will give u money so u would have taught him a lesson so he will learn to be dropping money so he can eat good food wink cheesy

u r speaking nonsense, wat if u have children, will u go about eating out. Wen will pple learn to build a home rather than have a home. Ur husbnd was ones a king and suddenly things turn arround, now ur turning ur back at him, if i were ur husband, wen things pick up with me again, i will go after any of ur frinds and ur close neigbhour to really cause havoc to ur life entirely.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Acidosis(m): 6:18am On Aug 11, 2012
The lady definitely is in trouble. .If the man has the money and not willing to give, then its either the woman dont know how to cook or another woman is out there..

She should just relax in her bedroom, another woman will cook for him.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Acidosis(m): 6:23am On Aug 11, 2012

If I were your man. . .I'll never look at any other woman. .and you know what. . . I'll pay twice the money for food
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by sd6: 6:39am On Aug 11, 2012
The newage Nigerian women boast the most materialistic of their counterparts in the world. Why has money become the centrepoint of any intersexual interraction? @topic, some women even prepare lavishingly good food and offer to their neighbors at the expense of their hubbies. Some women pay bills in their hubby's absence and demand a refund.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT EVERYBODY GOES INTO TODAY'S MARRIAGE WITH A SENSE OF INSECURITY AND THEREFORE CANNOT TOTALLY SUBMIT TO THE ONENESS OF IT'S UNION.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by pareto(m): 6:48am On Aug 11, 2012
CAUSE: Our econony! Most of us eat what we see not what we want. And dat does not mean the woman should continue cooking rice and making garri allthe time. A man leaves for work and comes back @ night without food, then the woman now brings out one funny food like bread,cereal,noddles PALAVER YOU DEY FIND!
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by CHIMSKY(m): 6:53am On Aug 11, 2012
I dont understand all this talk about shared responsibility.Marriage has opened my eyes.I and my wife work but I pay the bills.All the bills.I am not happy with this arrangement but I realized very early that she is very touchy about money.I once asked her what she does with her salary and she wouldnt tell me.My money is our money.Evrrybody's bills are my responsibility but her money is her money.When I lost my job a while back I saw hell at her hands and my mother in law told me off completely.Now that things look better she nd MIL are all cosying up to me.
About dropping money,I drop of course.I even buy all sorts of foodstuff in bulk and give Madam money.Not really because I am happy doing it,but because of the kids.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by vizion: 7:07am On Aug 11, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Yeah, I remember that too. It was part of a drama series on TV. Can't recall the title though grin

saw it first in "Fuji's house of commotion" think it was his wife Ireti that pulled that stunt.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by vizion: 7:14am On Aug 11, 2012
CHIMSKY: I dont understand all this talk about shared responsibility.Marriage has opened my eyes.I and my wife work but I pay the bills.All the bills.I am not happy with this arrangement but I realized very early that she is very touchy about money.I once asked her what she does with her salary and she wouldnt tell me.My money is our money.Evrrybody's bills are my responsibility but her money is her money.When I lost my job a while back I saw hell at her hands and my mother in law told me off completely.Now that things look better she nd MIL are all cosying up to me.
About dropping money,I drop of course.I even buy all sorts of foodstuff in bulk and give Madam money.Not really because I am happy doing it,but because of the kids.

I see this a norm in most relationships/marriages, where a man has more that one wife, i can understand the woman keeping her money to take care of her kids, however in a one man one wife situation, i don't think this attitude would lead to the growth of the family to achieve the maximum potential they could have attained if they co-operated together.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Acidosis(m): 7:15am On Aug 11, 2012
CHIMSKY: I dont understand all this talk about shared responsibility.Marriage has opened my eyes.I and my wife work but I pay the bills.All the bills.I am not happy with this arrangement but I realized very early that she is very touchy about money.I once asked her what she does with her salary and she wouldnt tell me.My money is our money.Evrrybody's bills are my responsibility but her money is her money.When I lost my job a while back I saw hell at her hands and my mother in law told me off completely.Now that things look better she nd MIL are all cosying up to me.

I feel your pain . . .
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by strangest(m): 7:24am On Aug 11, 2012
I for don marry since if to say I see woman with your kind of mentality, house wife is the reason why families suffer assuming the man suddenly lost his life. The wife is supposed to be strong even without her husband's contribution but it will be really a shame if the man has NEVER tried before to support his family.

greatgod2012: it takes 2 to tangle, aren't we suppose to ba partners, and why food money in d 1st place, when d 2 of u are working, and there are so many bills to clear? what are we women using our own money 4 when we can not assist financially?money 4 food or not, food is always available, because when i collect my salary, d 1st thing i do is to stock food stuffs, including meat, fish etc, so there is no reason 4 me to still be waiting 4 food money.

To all married women in d house, lets please command/earn respect 4 ourselves by not expecting our hubby to foot all d bills everytime,its rewarding; what if we're created as men, wont we be responsible as men in d house?

For men who can afford it, but refuse, lets just ignore him and do d right thing, there's a blessing attached to every good work done, so whoever refuse to play his part misses d blessings.
My opinion anyway.
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by sarutobie(m): 7:31am On Aug 11, 2012
One thing my dad taught me.."NEVER have your wife sitting at home as a housewife" especially now that the economy is tough..even back in the early-middle 90s when my mum was still teaching and comfortable with her pay,my dad encouraged and pushed her to do her masters and phd..now she is the director of the zonal board of education in aba.and will soon be made a perm sec. Thanks to that,my dad could travel abroad with the assurance that his family is in good shape..
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by Lachynos2k2(m): 7:44am On Aug 11, 2012
ogiri kam jiri sie ofe..azu alaala
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by 27naira(m): 7:47am On Aug 11, 2012
...and you guys dug this out from 2009!!
Aren't we suppose to be moving forward? grin

The people wey this topic concern are grand parents now! cheesy
...ok after the Op starved the innocent man for not dropping money, the bobo hired a very pretty calabar house girl wey sabi cook edikaikong soup... and they lived happily ever after! cool

Thread closed!!
Re: A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money by mshe2: 7:47am On Aug 11, 2012
ths scenario is hapng in my area,d man in pesn is a cowad he has money dnt wnt to spend it even to d xtent dat if u gv hm sumthng he'l keep it tyt so dat d wyf r childrn wnt c it.i c ds as hatred !whn he claims to lv d wyf i hate hm more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother In Law Has Destroyed My Marriage Due To Husband's Mamas Boy Nature / Widow Loses Her Three Children After Fire Gutted Their House In Lagos / X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.