Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

What's The CRAZIEST Rumour You've Ever Heard About Yourself And Your Reaction? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The CRAZIEST Rumour You've Ever Heard About Yourself And Your Reaction? (1168 Views)

The Worst Rumour About Yourself / What Is The Hardest Question You've Ever Been Asked? / The Craziest Status You've Ever Seen On Any Social Media ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The CRAZIEST Rumour You've Ever Heard About Yourself And Your Reaction? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
I just remembered something that happened sometime ago, and decided to share it here.
I was at home that evening, when my friend sent for me as a matter of urgency. I immediately went to her place just some few blocks away from mine. When I got there, she told me that she went out to get something and saw another friend of ours(a corper) who just came back home for something few days back, and the corper friend said she heard something about me and this my friend... According to the corper, when she came back home, she heard this rumour flying around that I and my friend went to a night club, and came back very late following under a particular scary bridge as a short-cut because we trekked, and while we were passing the bridge, about eight guys waylayed us and raped the both of us... When I heard it, I busted out laughing because that was unimaginable, my friend was really serious about it, saying the rumour was already making waves around our estate, and considering the kind of family I come from, that kind of rumour was capable of bringing down our reputation. I couldn't even fathom being raped not to talk more or less of eight guys raping me, as lekpacious as I am, 'dat one na die naw'. I don't club, and even the few times I clubbed with my cousins who came around for one event or the other, we were mobile, and I don't follow short-cuts no matter what once it's getting dark, especially the said short-cut. My friend wanted to follow it up, but I cautioned her not to for many reasons, although each time someone says he/she wants to see me for something very important, my heart beats faster thinking it's about the rape issue.
We allowed the matter to pass, and today no one remembers it.
I know some of us must have heard some really crazy and funny rumours about ourselves...sooo....bring it on....
Re: What's The CRAZIEST Rumour You've Ever Heard About Yourself And Your Reaction? by 19naia(m): 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
once people started spreading rumors that i was magical and had divine protection to keep me from harm and that i could not be killed....My reaction was to worry..Shortly after the rumors spread wide,people started to come searching me out to test the rumor and try to harm or kill me....I never told anyone these things,i just did a few things that saved some peoples lives in deadly situation and my repayment was: people thinking crazy thoughts and coming after me to test their own delusions at the expense of my life and well being

2 Likes

Re: What's The CRAZIEST Rumour You've Ever Heard About Yourself And Your Reaction? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
19naia: i just did a few things that saved some peoples lives in deadly situation and my repayment was: people thinking crazy thoughts and coming after me to test their own delusions at the expense of my life and well being

that's 2 say they may b right to think dat u had sum powers o... Jst wonderin d kinda tins u were doin 2save pple's lives in deadly situatn....
Re: What's The CRAZIEST Rumour You've Ever Heard About Yourself And Your Reaction? by 19naia(m): 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
Phiozy:

that's 2 say they may b right to think dat u had sum powers o... Jst wonderin d kinda tins u were doin 2save pple's lives in deadly situatn....
I lived in Hawaii for the past 11 years and thats where my house,car and postal mail is even though i have been spending the past few years trvelling to live in other countries....In Hawaii my life is alway at the beach and it is a dangerous beach also and hawaii has the some of worlds largest waves more often than other places....I once had a dream there about my exwife dying and i wrote the dream on paper and shared it with people working at the place i saw in my dream..the owner of the business was angry and kicked me out and said i never come back and am mental for trying to write and share such things...I pressed law suit against him and in the year it took to investigate him and for me to eventually have the case dismissed for lack of evidence,my ex wife was murdered by her new lover and many towns people remebered my story from the business i was banned from returning to..i became popular but i shyed away from people in my own sorrows of not being able to stop what i had forseen...Some time later i was shareing the story of another dream about tsunami wave coming while i was at the ocean..i was shareing the story at another store/business location as i shopped there with my friend serving me as she worked behind the cash register..people behind me heard me talk and they knew me from the days when i talked about my ex wife dream and how it came true(my ex wife murder was publicized state wide and she was used in campaign against domestic abuse of women)..The man that overheard my dream story about the tsunami went and told all his friends and the story spread state wide with over 800 people asking about tsunami coming and they called the mayor to ask and he called the govenor to ask and the mayor did not have an official warning and told people to not worry as no tsunami would come and some one had spread vicious rumor and must be arrested..The mayor was on the radio every hour all day long telling people to go back to the beach and go back to their business and shopping ETC..The mayor further said that the rumor had caused loss of bussiness for the government and community for that day and he would find the culprit and do justice...I was quiet and so were all the others who knew me and spread the rumor of my dream of tsunami......The next day the mayor was on the Radio in very grieved voice announcing for all to stay away from the beach because he just recieved report from the earthquake watch office that big earthquake in chile had struck and we would have to be concerned in hawaii for tsunami.....i was an instant star all over town and it brought me fame and much trouble from people trying to make me bleed so as to test the myths they spread about me....The Hollywood film crew for steven spielberg and george lucas were filming tropic thunder in hawaii at the time and also heard the news of rumor about tsunami and also the news that the mayor was shamed in the city when the tsunami actually came...The lucas films group came to my town to check things out and came to the beach where i was and asked about me while they kept their identity secret...the waves that day were rough and one man was being carried away into the deadly rocks and i was the only one to go and fetch him,the film crew people caught it on camera and one of the film crew went in the water after the first rescue and he was carried out to sea and i tried to help him but a big wave carried him into the rocks and so jonathan cupp of hollywood died that day while holding his hand out to me for rescue...The other film crew caught all this on tape and submitted it to the news channels for broadcast state wide and my fame and troubles grew...the mayor ,govenor and senator in washington DC all came to the beach to see who i was and i talked to no one in sorrow of a second time some one died while so close to my being able to help...I did save one man and his wife thanked me much...George lucas and steven spielberg came back to the island and my town later on in full publicity and filmed scenes for indiana jones 4 there as a jesture of how moved they were by the real life adventure they had there with my own personal "dream works"..I stay alone there mostly avoiding people and their interest to make a big scene for fame..i recieved nothing from holly wood other than still today they use the national public radio and local radio to air programs about social issues that pertain to troubles i may be having with people causing me trouble ,as every one still has an eye on me there even the Media moguls among who many have vacation homes in hawaii and Jane fonda herself lives in my part of hawaii and contributed to me exwifes campaign forum against abusing women..jason scott lee (acted as bruce lee and other HBO films) lives in my small town area and its common to see him on the streets lke normal person with no big mobs troublng him....I did go on to predict other tsunamis and now i just go to the local government council and tell them my dream and just to go to alert level preparedness and they also move emergency funds to the prepardeness account when the alert is made and they have had acurate calls from me 3 times already and the last 2 were made directly to the city councelor with the mayors office and extended to the senators in washington DC...The Samoa tsunami years ago and the chile tsunami that hit before the next big japan tsunami...Hawaii is in the center of the pacific and gets hit by all the tsunamis from all directions....I keep very discreet in hawaii and when i am there i try to survive the random onslaught of people confused about things no one understands

1 Like

Re: What's The CRAZIEST Rumour You've Ever Heard About Yourself And Your Reaction? by tpia5: 11:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
my goodness, lord have mercy. . . . . . .
Re: What's The CRAZIEST Rumour You've Ever Heard About Yourself And Your Reaction? by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 14, 2012
anyway, @ topic

i hear rumours all the time- most are too ludicrous to bother with, but some do so on my behalf.

i cant control what others use their brains (ie what they call brains) to cook up jare.

those who run with the rumours are who i face if they get bold enough to confront me.

so, for the most part, they keep the rumours under wraps unless they feel a need to do otherwise.

yorubas call it "kan ma kun" ie murmurers.

1 Like

Re: What's The CRAZIEST Rumour You've Ever Heard About Yourself And Your Reaction? by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 14, 2012
@19nia, like 4 real?? Dats one story there! Smh
Re: What's The CRAZIEST Rumour You've Ever Heard About Yourself And Your Reaction? by 19naia(m): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
Its not for entertainment that i write it..And dont worry i am used to people being skeptic..i was the master skeptic until it started happening to me..my neighbour years ago used to chat with me about dreams or i would tell him about mine and he would say he is not able to have visions of the future but that he likes one radio program about ghost and visions and aliens from space and such...One day he told me he saw me driveing a white truck in his dream....Months later i went to the car sales and asked for the cheapest truck they had with smallest gas consumption,they brought me the last cheapest truck on the compound and it was white as snow and i still have it to this day ,knowing my nieghbour has ability to dream of the future even though he says he cannot because he doesnt remember his dreams often...one of my earliest dreams of the future was that a sock for my feet was laying in the door way, and a month or so later it was laying there just as i had forseen it....Any life issue can appear in dreams ,i can even attest to forseeing the day i passed my record breaking load in the toilet..Na true o,i no dey laugh(ok i just did laugh,could not help myself from laughing)...
Re: What's The CRAZIEST Rumour You've Ever Heard About Yourself And Your Reaction? by 19naia(m): 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2012
Phiozy: @19nia, like 4 real?? Dats one story there! Smh
Replied above

(1) (Reply)

No Chat/chatroom On Nairaland / Why Is ETISALAT Always Deducting Money From Your Acct Balance 4 Nothing Sake??? / Is Nairaland A Forum Or A Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.