Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? (10090 Views)

Growth Of Churches/mosques via gsm data base and bulksms / Rich Churches, Poor Members / Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by KiKatanga: 11:24am On Aug 10, 2012
wesley80: Proverbs 4:7-9 Wisdom is the principal thing therefor get wisdom and in all thine getting, get understanding 8 Exalt Her and She shall promote thee, she shall bring thee to honour when thou embrace her 9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of Grace; A crown of Glory shall she deliver thee.

1 Corinthians 1:25 The foolishness of God is wiser than men.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of the world is foolishness unto God.

If there be a house that teaches "wisdom" aside the church, show it to me and therein shall I abide for surely there lies the Spirit of God!

Er? My school? My library? No spirit of god, just a lot of well-written books and well-taught teachers.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Clemzy16(m): 11:28am On Aug 10, 2012
Switkid87: A man once said dat d best place 2 hide ur secret in nigeria is in d buk and i blv cuz naigerians no longa rid... To amazement d library is d most important
please learn to write in simple english.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by tintingz(m): 11:31am On Aug 10, 2012
Mosque and church teaches Morality ...and we make research in the library
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Clemzy16(m): 11:31am On Aug 10, 2012
Personally, i think the church is more important. I can read in my domain and still understand.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Dawdy(m): 11:34am On Aug 10, 2012
The OP should be ignored as he exhibited his stupidity, I will reply any way.
Mosques are more important to me than any other places in the world, I worship my lord in the mosques, so that i'll be pleased with by my lord on the day that neither the wealth nor children will avail, except who comes to Allah with healthy heart.
I also learn In the mosques how i will be successful both in this life and in the hereafter.

3 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Fourcade(m): 11:35am On Aug 10, 2012
Can't remember the last time i visited a library! undecided

Clemzy16: please learn to write in simple english.
You can take that up as a hobby here,i swear ,you go tire! grin
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by wesley80(m): 11:39am On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

Er? My school? My library? No spirit of god, just a lot of well-written books and well-taught teachers.
Your school teaches knowledge not wisdom duh!
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by juce: 11:40am On Aug 10, 2012
DUMB QUESTION shmmch
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by alexissamjnr(m): 11:41am On Aug 10, 2012
Churches
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by OlaAdvert: 11:43am On Aug 10, 2012
Nothing but Liberies shocked shocked shocked shocked[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Orikinla(m): 11:49am On Aug 10, 2012
Libraries.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by rash47(m): 11:51am On Aug 10, 2012
Mosque
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by KiKatanga: 11:51am On Aug 10, 2012
wesley80:
Your school teaches knowledge not wisdom duh!
School taught me to question, to co-operate, to be fair, to take responsibility, to strive to understand, to seek proof, to treat others with generosity and to demand that others do the same.

To me that is the most important wisdom.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by TerryCarr(m): 11:56am On Aug 10, 2012
library
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Tadup: 11:58am On Aug 10, 2012
Mosque
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Tadup: 11:59am On Aug 10, 2012
Mosque and library
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by abhosts(m): 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2012
The Early American Settlers Built Churches Long before the first Library was built. Every year, approximately 4,000(Far More than Libraries) Churches are birthed in the U.S, yet the U.S is the Greatest Country on the Planet.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Areaboy2(m): 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2012
babarazy:

May God forgive you

Even your god advocates Knowledge!

You should too undecided
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Mavrick2012: 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2012
plaetton: This comes to my mind as I learn that Governor Peter Obi has completed a modern e-library in Anambra State.

Before that, the last Public Library was built in 1966.

Now we often ask ourselves questions about why we are so underdeveloped and why we are so disorganised and unable to properly manage our vast human and natural resources.

In the face of this revelation, can the answers be far-fetched?
No library built since 1966?
.if d 3 were presidential candidates i wil vote for mr library.why?i explain later,a bit bizy rite now
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Keshik: 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

School taught me to question, to co-operate, to be fair, to take responsibility, to strive to understand, to seek proof, to treat others with generosity and to demand that others do the same.

To me that is the most important wisdom.
Sorry Sir, if you know all that but still don't know the place of God in your life, you're just as daft as there ever was ala Prof Hawkins. BTW, all what you listed is simply knowledge and doesn't prve you're wise.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Areaboy2(m): 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2012
abhosts: The Early American Settlers Built Churches Long before the first Library was built.

and it took them 300 years to get where they are now!

you want us to follow suit? undecided

Knowledge is power they say. I guess you hate to empower the masses but rather enslave them with 2000 year old doctrines so they can never grow.

Silly
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by azimibraun: 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
RIP Late Attah-mills of Ghana. @ least dis is nt blasphemous.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Acidosis(m): 12:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
You and I (believers) are the church says the Lord of host

Never you misplace the real meaning of the church with the big buildings you see everyday. We can decide to serve God without a building. .and he would hear us.

It is a gross stupi.dity, earthly mad.ness for anyone to compare a church with any other thing on the earth.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by saintcars: 12:11pm On Aug 10, 2012
All the same. Reading the Bible or the Quran will mae you read more and mae you go to library more. f you are not controlled, you'll read anything and get nasty
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by mkmyers45(m): 12:11pm On Aug 10, 2012
ifihearam: All the knowledge you seek is in the Bible that makes the church more important.

Please please...carry your preaching go else where...which knowledge are you talking about? the internet?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by wesley80(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
Acidosis: There would be You without the Church. .

You and I are the church says the Lord of host.

Never you misplace the real meaning of the church with the big buildings you see everyday. We can decide to serve God without a building. .and he would hear us.

It is a gross stupi.dity, earthly mad.ness for anyone to compare a church with any other thing on the earth.
Forsake not the gathering of the brethren he said. Should we gather in your house?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by mkmyers45(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
SimonAndal: Left to the church, there'll be no: internet, television, radio (gallileo), open-heart surgery, freedom. So yeah, the church is very destructive.
Left to the mosques there'll be no life.

WORD!
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by mkmyers45(m): 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2012
Clemzy16: Personally, i think the church is more important. I can read in my domain and still understand.

Is that not a library? SMH for you
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by youngmonie: 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2012
As we speak someone somewer is opening another church.........pls we have enough......u cn even do ur church in your house. MORE LOCAL LIBRARIES ARE NEEDED....WE NEED TO START BREEDING A NEW READING CULTURE
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by mkmyers45(m): 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2012
Everyone of us here can type and yarn as we like on nairaland because of a library so what the f... are you guys ranting? Library takes it for societal benefit anytime any-day...
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Bandy10: 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2012
Of course the library.The church and mosque are where gullible minds go.While the library is where people who reason go.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by megxo(m): 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2012
library.......bt kitchen wud com before it grin
put kitchen in dat list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Death To The INFIDELS -Dr. Aderemi Akin [pics] / Today Is Ash Wednesday / Need Lyrics On : Alade Ogo, Jesu Logbara And Talo Dabere Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.