Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,404 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? (10095 Views)

Growth Of Churches/mosques via gsm data base and bulksms / Rich Churches, Poor Members / Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
This comes to my mind as I learn that Governor Peter Obi has completed a modern e-library in Anambra State.

Before that, the last Public Library was built in 1966.

Now we often ask ourselves questions about why we are so underdeveloped and why we are so disorganised and unable to properly manage our vast human and natural resources.

In the face of this revelation, can the answers be far-fetched?
No library built since 1966?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by ZUBY77(m): 8:30am On Aug 10, 2012
I follow your post a lot and like them. I dont know what you hope to achieve with this very one but my answers are :

Churches: A place where gullible black people gather to contribute money and materials for those who tell them Lies.

Mosques: A place where the other half of gullible black people gather to bow down and hear from their leaders that anyone who does not worship with them is an infidel and should be killed.

Libraries: A place where you can go and read about Churches and Mosques, and then chose what to believe and not what you are told. The developed Countries prefer Library while the black ones prefer the other two.

So the most important among them is the Library even if it is only Oliver twist and Animal farm inside it.

29 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by KiKatanga: 9:44am On Aug 10, 2012
Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library.

I think.

4 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by tellwisdom: 10:45am On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:
Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library Library.

I think.

Bro ur name sounds like mozambique mosquito..Please change it sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by babarazy: 10:45am On Aug 10, 2012
All of d above
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by ajos(m): 10:46am On Aug 10, 2012
@poster stupid post,don't compare anythin with church which is d house of d lord.tink abt sumtin else cos dis is a blasphemy...may God 4give u

5 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by babarazy: 10:47am On Aug 10, 2012
ZUBY77: I follow your post a lot and like them. I dont know what you hope to achieve with this very one but my answers are :

Churches: A place where gullible black people gather to contribute money and materials for those who tell them Lies.

Mosques: A place where the other half of gullible black people gather to bow down and hear from their leaders that anyone who does not worship with them is an infidel and should be killed.

Libraries: A place where you can go and read about Churches and Mosques, and then chose what to believe and not what you are told. The developed Countries prefer Library while the black ones prefer the other two.

So the most important among them is the Library even if it is only Oliver twist and Animal farm inside it.

May God forgive you

6 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by gramci: 10:47am On Aug 10, 2012
There is a negative correlation between the number of religious houses and economic development.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by ifihearam: 10:47am On Aug 10, 2012
All the knowledge you seek is in the Bible that makes the church more important.

3 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Abyjah: 10:47am On Aug 10, 2012
Libraries, as long as Abokis are allowed access to all books except books on bomb making. Though, cattle rearing books are most suited for them.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by esn1(f): 10:51am On Aug 10, 2012
ZUBY77: I follow your post a lot and like them. I dont know what you hope to achieve with this very one but my answers are :

Nice one but i don't think all churches practice what you highlighted. So many things are bastardized in our society and people go to worship centers for comfort, solace and salvation.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by slimming: 10:53am On Aug 10, 2012
Both cater for difference need and cannot be compared.

Place of worship cater for the spiritual need of men, it is necessary for living.

Library cater for the education of the mind of men, it is also needed for everyman on earth.

ok.

Don't deceive yourself, you can't ridicule God and Man by thinking Libraries are better.The relationship between God and Man existed b4 libraries are built by men.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by amosy007: 10:54am On Aug 10, 2012

1000+
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 10, 2012
Left to the church, there'll be no: internet, television, radio (gallileo), open-heart surgery, freedom. So yeah, the church is very destructive.
Left to the mosques there'll be no life.

8 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by gramci: 10:55am On Aug 10, 2012
Abyjah: Libraries, as long as Abokis are allowed access to all books except books on bomb making. Though, cattle rearing books are most suited for them.

Give aboki access to book ke? U 4get the meaning of Boko Haram (Book na abomination).
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Lordave: 10:55am On Aug 10, 2012
Everybody knows it's the library.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by CLIQBOY(m): 10:55am On Aug 10, 2012
NONE OF THE ABOVE...NA CAFE SURE PASS
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by mmkamson(m): 10:56am On Aug 10, 2012
Church keh..? Moshalashi bawo..? Wetin i wan go do inside either of them..? Library...Library nd more Libraries plz
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 10, 2012
Library. We should embrace Reason and Science.

Religion is the opium of the people-- Karl Max

Spirituality is supreme.

2 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by onufidel(m): 10:57am On Aug 10, 2012
On the first note. Why the f**k would u compare religeon to education? I believe we are matured people that has an advanced way of reasoning. A library and a church or mosque doesnt fall under the same platform. So plzzz. Take serious scrutiny before updatin. And why is this on the front page Admin?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by amosy007: 10:57am On Aug 10, 2012
ifihearam: All the knowledge you seek is in the Bible that makes the church more important.
yeah!

So says our pastors and imams..

Apart frm fytin witches and killing infidels, what has african(blackman) gained frm d two religion
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by searay(m): 10:58am On Aug 10, 2012
ifihearam: All the knowledge you seek is in the Bible that makes the church more important.
and the bible is in the library

3 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:00am On Aug 10, 2012
Libraries... Knowledge is Power

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Krucifax(m): 11:02am On Aug 10, 2012
It's pretty small minded to attribute Church/Mosque going as the preserve of the "Black man". It's also lazy to rubbish a Church/Mosque because of the group of individuals who have abused it for personal/political gains.
A Library is undoubtedly a very important fixture in a community especially one with a large youth population,however a Church/Mosque's importance to society can not be overstated.

Churches and Mosques are not just about God worshiping,they also play a vital role in community cohesion and integration.In rural areas they facilitate things like health services,security information,and play a news information role for illiterate community/village members or those without access to radios or television. Even outside the shores of Africa in Europe or North America,the Church/Mosque has aided countless migrants new to the community. It has helped them settle,it has given them legal/health/financial/counseling advise (often free). Many people have met their wives,friends and acquaintances at the Church/Mosque.

Yes some of the same information is available in the Library,but most times that information won't find it's way to you,assuming you even know what to look for in the first place. Nothing can take the place of someone with the information who knows what you need and is willing to aid you. Personally i prefer a Library because i read too much for my own damn good,however i know the Church/Mosque is a far greater and more important institution for society as a whole.

3 Likes

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by UNLEASHED(m): 11:06am On Aug 10, 2012

Love the way you defined each, despite the fact that it's limited to your own understanding.
Library is a building while the other two are not, churches and mosques are belived to be a gathering of the follower of the respective God they believe in. I don't go to either of the last two but as much as you try to sound like an atheist, churches or mosques have nothing racial in common
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 10, 2012
librabries - we need more quiet and less holy goat noise so ppl can start thinking properly agakn regardless of religion..
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by digitite: 11:09am On Aug 10, 2012
They are equally important depending on how you look at it.

As much as your mind need to be logical and reasonable, so does your conscience, soul and spirit need a spiritual and divine guidance.

Just that people of today misintrepret these holy books to their own accord and selfish interest.

Let us not forget that clergy men on both side of the aisle have contributed significantly to human civilization throughout history.

All in all, we just need to creat a balance.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by meee1: 11:10am On Aug 10, 2012
library of course
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Switkid87(m): 11:12am On Aug 10, 2012
A man once said dat d best place 2 hide ur secret in nigeria is in d buk and i blv cuz naigerians no longa rid... To amazement d library is d most important
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Abyjah: 11:19am On Aug 10, 2012
Abyjah: Libraries, as long as Abokis are allowed access to all books except books on bomb making. Though, cattle rearing books are most suited for them.
gramci:

Give aboki access to book ke? U 4get the meaning of Boko Haram (Book na abomination).
You know Abokis are hypocrites. They don't mind looking up a book on how to make explosives. Remove their right to that book and they have no business reading.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by ORAFA(m): 11:20am On Aug 10, 2012
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library
Library Library Library.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by wesley80(m): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2012
Proverbs 4:7-9 Wisdom is the principal thing therefor get wisdom and in all thine getting, get understanding 8 Exalt Her and She shall promote thee, she shall bring thee to honour when thou embrace her 9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of Grace; A crown of Glory shall she deliver thee.

1 Corinthians 1:25 The foolishness of God is wiser than men.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of the world is foolishness unto God.

If there be a house that teaches "wisdom" aside the church, show it to me and therein shall I abide for surely there lies the Spirit of God!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Need Lyrics On : Alade Ogo, Jesu Logbara And Talo Dabere Songs / Ten Questions To Theists / Death To The INFIDELS -Dr. Aderemi Akin [pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.