Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,034 members, 7,956,835 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:18 PM

Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem (997 Views)

What Happened To The Walking Dead Of Jerusalem? / Peace Of Jerusalem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by israelbenzion: 12:13am On Aug 10, 2012
On May 29, 2003, over 450 international leaders converged in New York City for the Jerusalem Prayer Banquet, where they signed the Prayer Resolution that would launch the Day of Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem.  Today, believers in over 175 nations are a part of this global prayer movement which is now the largest Israel-focused prayer movement in history.

Add Your Voice - Sign The Resolution!

Join with over 1200 Christian leaders and millions of believer in standing in prayer for Israel on the first Sunday of every October and become a signatory to this prayer resolution.

RESOLUTION for a CALL to PRAYER

UNDERSTANDING... that we are children of Abraham by faith, the "wild olive branch" grafted into the root of G-d's covenant (Romans 11:17-26), and,

RECOGNIZING... that G-d has kept his word to Abraham and His descendants and settled them in their homeland again, according to the word of the prophets (Amos 9:14-15), (Ezekiel 36: esp. v.24), and,

RECOGNIZING... that we have a biblical mandate according to Psalm 122, and many other Scriptures to seek the good and prosperity of Jerusalem, until the Lord makes her a praise in all the earth, and

AFFIRMING... that G-d's love and intended blessing is for all nations and peoples, and that we have goodwill and love for all mankind, including all inhabitants of the Holy Land, and desire peace in this entire region;

WE, THE UNDERSIGNED call upon all men and women of prayer to yearly set aside the First Sunday in October, near the season of Yom Kippur, as the Day of Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem.

http://www.daytopray.com/difference/resolution
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by MacDaddy01: 12:39am On Aug 10, 2012
Why not pray for peace in Nigeria?

Smh.
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:47am On Aug 10, 2012
not interested. they dont care about us, why should we pray for them . .
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by okeyxyz(m): 4:36am On Aug 10, 2012
MacDaddy01: Why not pray for peace in Nigeria?
Smh.

+1
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by israelbenzion: 7:13am On Aug 10, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
not interested. they dont care about us, why should we pray for them . .

This is an optional course for those who love Jerusalem.
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by 2good(m): 7:57am On Aug 10, 2012
israel ben-zion:
On May 29, 2003, over 450 international leaders converged in New York City for the Jerusalem Prayer Banquet, where they signed the Prayer Resolution that would launch the Day of Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem.  Today, believers in over 175 nations are a part of this global prayer movement which is now the largest Israel-focused prayer movement in history.

Add Your Voice - Sign The Resolution!

Join with over 1200 Christian leaders and millions of believer in standing in prayer for Israel on the first Sunday of every October and become a signatory to this prayer resolution.

RESOLUTION for a CALL to PRAYER

UNDERSTANDING... that we are children of Abraham by faith, the "wild olive branch" grafted into the root of G-d's covenant (Romans 11:17-26), and,

RECOGNIZING... that G-d has kept his word to Abraham and His descendants and settled them in their homeland again, according to the word of the prophets (Amos 9:14-15), (Ezekiel 36: esp. v.24), and,

RECOGNIZING... that we have a biblical mandate according to Psalm 122, and many other Scriptures to seek the good and prosperity of Jerusalem, until the Lord makes her a praise in all the earth, and

AFFIRMING... that G-d's love and intended blessing is for all nations and peoples, and that we have goodwill and love for all mankind, including all inhabitants of the Holy Land, and desire peace in this entire region;

WE, THE UNDERSIGNED call upon all men and women of prayer to yearly set aside the First Sunday in October, near the season of Yom Kippur, as the Day of Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem.

http://www.daytopray.com/difference/resolution

The problem with you Christians is ignorance. Do you know the history behind the creation of the state of Israel and the illegal Palestinian land grab that the Israelite have been involved in since 1967? Read history and try to correct it rather than just open your mouth and waste you time praying while doing nothing to solve the real problem which have been color coated by religious delusion.
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by Delafruita(m): 8:19am On Aug 10, 2012
if isreal wants peace,it should end the siege on gaza,return the golan to syria,abide by the pre-1967 borders and allow palestine attain its nationhood.if that doesnt happen,forget about peace in jerusalem
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by DeepSight(m): 9:45am On Aug 10, 2012
israel ben-zion:

Greater foolishness hath no man than he that ignoreth peace in his home to seek peace in another's home.

Olodo.
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by Areaboy2(m): 10:14am On Aug 10, 2012
Delafruita: if isreal wants peace,it should end the siege on gaza,return the golan to syria,abide by the pre-1967 borders and allow palestine attain its nationhood.if that doesnt happen,forget about peace in jerusalem

Although I agree with everything else you said, the Golan was acquired from victory in an unprovoked war against Israel by Egypt, Syria and Jordan. Also, it has a major military advantage for any defending army. So considering their location, I vote they keep it. lol but if that will indeed bring peace for the region then my vote jumps out the window cheesy

Having said that, the most important to me is allowing the tiny nation of Palestine to gain nationhood itself and alleviate themselves from all the suffering.
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by Delafruita(m): 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2012
Area_boy:

Although I agree with everything else you said, the Golan was acquired from victory in an unprovoked war against Israel by Egypt, Syria and Jordan. Also, it has a major military advantage for any defending army. So considering their location, I vote they keep it. lol but if that will indeed bring peace for the region then my vote jumps out the window cheesy

Having said that, the most important to me is allowing the tiny nation of Palestine to gain nationhood itself and alleviate themselves from all the suffering.
isreal had itself admitted that the golan has to be returned if it wants syria to rein in the hezbollah.most prime ministers had entered into negotiation to return the golan with negotiation reaching an advanced stage between ehud barak and al-assad(snr).unfortunately,details of the negotiation were leaked in isreali press which revealed the enormous grounds conceded by the syrians.negotiations were called off and the syrians havent returned to the negotiating table despite the fact that the knesset voted in favour of returning the golan
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:50pm On Aug 10, 2012
israel ben-zion:

i hate that place. it has been a hotspot for trouble since Roman times. angry

all the worlds problems originate from there.
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by israelbenzion: 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2012
Deep Sight:

Greater foolishness hath no man than he that ignoreth peace in his home to seek peace in another's home.

Olodo.

1. No Christian has ignored peace in his hometown. Do we not pray for d peace of our own nation in tears and groaning? Do we not fast and seek d face of G-d earnestly? Does it mean that out of 365 days, one cannot spare a few hrs and comply wit a Biblical injunction as found in Psalm 122? Wil d prayer I offer for Jerusalem bar d peace of Nigeria? Or u don't know it is a Biblical injunction that attracts blessings? If I am an olodo, the American pastors who started d movement on a formal note as well as all Christians in over 175 countries who participate are also olodos. Or u tink they do not hv domestic problems too?

2. I am not surprised because d Bible has said d wisdom of God is foolishness unto man. Wat we perceive as wisdom, u perceive as foolishness. But peace be unto u.
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by Delafruita(m): 4:11pm On Aug 10, 2012
israel ben-zion:

1. No Christian has ignored peace in his hometown. Do we not pray for d peace of our own nation in tears and groaning? Do we not fast and seek d face of G-d earnestly? Does it mean that out of 365 days, one cannot spare a few hrs and comply wit a Biblical injunction as found in Psalm 122? Wil d prayer I offer for Jerusalem bar d peace of Nigeria? Or u don't know it is a Biblical injunction that attracts blessings? If I am an olodo, the American pastors who started d movement on a formal note as well as all Christians in over 175 countries who participate are also olodos. Or u tink they do not hv domestic problems too?

2. I am not surprised because d Bible has said d wisdom of God is foolishness unto man. Wat we perceive as wisdom, u perceive as foolishness. But peace be unto u.
anyone who is not an olodo will realise that prayers wont bring peace to isreal
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by israelbenzion: 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
Delafruita: if isreal wants peace,it should end the siege on gaza,return the golan to syria,abide by the pre-1967 borders and allow palestine attain its nationhood.if that doesnt happen,forget about peace in jerusalem

Rememba that Israel has a very resilient military and is not particulary afraid of ur kind of threats. More so, it shd make u wondr that a nation as small as Kano State is able to withstand all d Arab nations surrounding it and even take on d cowards at d same time. However, it is d habit of Jew-haters like urself to cast Israel in bad light as if she doesnt want peace. She does. But it wil not be to d detriment of national security or its own strategic interests. Y has Abbas consistntly rfused to come to d negotiating table despite huge concessions made by the peace-loving Netanyahu?

Anyway, the ancient Bible prophecies state that there wil be a time for peace between Israel and her foes and Jerusalem wil b divided again. That time has not come. So real Bible students knw that peace is unattainable currently.

But beware: Israel is not a strong army just because of tanks and armor and steel: God protects her and that is y nobody can overrun her. She has served her punishment.
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by israelbenzion: 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
Delafruita:
I am in a pious mood and wil not take offence. But I wil ask my Father in Heaven to forgive u for u do not know what u do.
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by Delafruita(m): 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2012
israel ben-zion:

Rememba that Israel has a very resilient military and is not particulary afraid of ur kind of threats. More so, it shd make u wondr that a nation as small as Kano State is able to withstand all d Arab nations surrounding it and even take on d cowards at d same time. However, it is d habit of Jew-haters like urself to cast Israel in bad light as if she doesnt want peace. She does. But it wil not be to d detriment of national security or its own strategic interests. Y has Abbas consistntly rfused to come to d negotiating table despite huge concessions made by the peace-loving Netanyahu?

Anyway, the ancient Bible prophecies state that there wil be a time for peace between Israel and her foes and Jerusalem wil b divided again. That time has not come. So real Bible students knw that peace is unattainable currently.

But beware: Israel is not a strong army just because of tanks and armor and steel: God protects her and that is y nobody can overrun her. She has served her punishment.
who did you refer to as peace loving?NETANYAHU.oh my gosh you are soooooo hilarious.the same netanyahu that eroded alll of the gains made by rabin because of his hardline posture.
why should palestine return to negotiations when isreal has broken all its commitments.isreal has continued its construction in the west bank.it refused to extend the moratarium on settlements despite that been one of the major prerequisites for negotiation.isreal has continued its siege on gaza and then you blame the palestines.you're pathetic
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by israelbenzion: 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
Delafruita:
And mind u, Israel has peace. israel is an oasis of stability and prosperity in a region where they slaughter each other even as muslims. It is d enemies of israel that ar in turmoil. The greater d hatred a nation bears for Israel, d greater d gap between its progress and that of IsraeL. Check ur history. See Syria. See Iraq. See Afghanistan. See Egypt. They even startd killing each other at d border again. And u talk abt pace in Israel. IsraeL has peace while its enemies shrink in hatred and powerlessness. Why can't they rush to d aid of Gaza and liberate it by force of arms?
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by israelbenzion: 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2012
[quote author=Delafruita]
who did you refer to as peace loving?NETANYAHU.oh my gosh you are soooooo hilarious.the same netanyahu that eroded alll of the gains made by rabin because of his hardline posture.
why should palestine return to negotiations when isreal has broken all its commitments.isreal has continued its construction in the west bank.it refused to extend the moratarium on settlements despite that been one of the major prerequisites for negotiation.isreal has continued its siege on gaza and then you blame the palestines.you're pathetic[/quote

No, u r the pathetic one who can't see d huge truth standing in front u. Netanyahu has bin criticised for conceding too much even. Wait until somon like Avigdor lieberman is PM. U will knw d true meaning of hard-line. U don't accuse d murderous arabs raining rockets on southern israel of bin hardline, do u? Rabin was a misguided fellow who tot d problem of d arabas wit israel has to do wit land. It has to do wit the existence of d Jews themselves so that even if d Jews move out of d entire Israel, d arabs wil stil hate them. Wen ehud barak, in his pacifist, leftist miscalculation tot that a unilateral withdrawal from Gaza wud bring peace, did it play out that way? No. Instead d murderous Gazans led by d bloodthirsty Hamas hv crystallized Gaza into a launchpad for missiles.
Before Abbas blundered into seeking nationhood at d UN, did israel not observe a unilateral 10-month freeze on buildings which did not stil please Abbas? What r u then saying?
And why shd Israel stop building? Is Jerusalem divided? No! God forbid! An undivided J'lem is d ETERNAL CAPITAL of Israel.
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by israelbenzion: 7:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
This is d Word of God in Amos 9:14-15:

And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. 15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the Lord thy God.
Re: Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem by Delafruita(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
israel ben-zion:
This is d Word of God in Amos 9:14-15:

And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. 15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the Lord thy God.
now i understand your delusion.so rabin is a deliquent.you forget that rabin was the hero of the 6-day war.do you know who named the 6-day war the "6-day war"?okay take a wild guess.did you just think it was rabin?you're dead right.the isrealis saw no other person fit to name the war for them than the hero of the war-yizthak rabin.you also forget he was prime minister on 2 occasions till a lunatic assasinated him.perhaps you didnt know that the palestines respected him so much arafat wanted to be at his funeral but was prevailed upon by clinton not to escalate the crises and he just sent his condolences to leah rabin through kinh hussein of jordan.perhaps you also didnt know that it was rabin who personally addressed the palestinean assembly along with clinton and prevailed upon them to remove the phrase which calls for annihhilation of isreal from its charter.that rabin is now the one you think is crazy for doing the things he did.

ehud barak was indeed a confused man.the situation with the golan would have been resolved if he hadnt wasted too much time at shepherdstown.he also kept postponing signing the agreement clinton brokered that would have solved the problem.then 2001 came and with it came the second intifada which proved to even be worse that the 1st.isrealis claimed their siege was to force hamas to free shalit but even after shalit was freed,the siege continued and hasnt stopped.
the hamas you villify is much more proactive than the fatah.hamas isnt embroiled in the corruption like fatah and hamas spends millions of dollars yearly providing amenities to gazans and palestines in general.
what do you call a situation where isreal opens its dams into gaza?
what do you call a situation where isreal rains phosphorous bombs on gaza killing over 2500 women and children?
what do you call a situation where isreal prevents desperately needed aid from getting to gaza?
the 10-month moratarium expired in 2010 and despite pressure from obama and merkel,netanyahu chose not renew it despite knowing it was a requirement for continued negotiation with the palestines.
and you say people should pray for peace in isreal

(1) (Reply)

Please Someone Interprete My Dream / Is It Wrong To Live In The Room His Late Mum Was Buried? / For Which Of These Reasons Do You Go To Church? Be Sincere...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.