Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings (8965 Views)

Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / Kwara State Cancels Independence Parade Following Security Fears. / Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by BeraBera(f): 11:26am On Aug 10, 2012
[img][/img]
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by killuminati(m): 11:28am On Aug 10, 2012
Who is Hilarious Clinton
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by wadoski: 11:31am On Aug 10, 2012
kunlekunle: she adviced GEJ on 2015, dont attempt it.
That is ur only concern, but sorry to disappoint u, GEJ will be dia come 2019. Aint nothing u and boko haraam can do about it.
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by DonaldGenes(m): 11:34am On Aug 10, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmph
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by DonaldGenes(m): 11:34am On Aug 10, 2012
wadoski: That is ur only concern, but sorry to disappoint u, GEJ will be dia come 2019. Aint nothing u and boko haraam can do about it.
Tell am ooooo
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by Youhesh(m): 11:43am On Aug 10, 2012
sdiq: I HATE AMERICAN LEADER WITH PASSION THEY NEVER MENT ANY GOOD FOR AFRICAN PEOPLE THEY ARE JUST HERE TO MILK US DRY CAN ANYBODY POINT TO WHAT AMERICA HAS DONE TO BETTER OUR LIFE CHAINA IS THE FUTURE
and how has China benefited you?
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by ololo12: 11:46am On Aug 10, 2012
Well, It doesn't matter whether or not Hillary Clinton decides to spend the night in our country. It doesn't change anything nor salvage our problem. I am yet to see how the US is ready to assist us in combating the security situation at hand. Instead they have been hypocritical about it.

1 Like

Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by mpmp: 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2012
Abeg, leave Hillary and America alone o.

They didnt send anybody.

The way America is presently bossing the whole world is the way Nigeria should be bossing Africa.

If we have failed to live up to expectation, then as we are stepped on and packed aside, we shouldnt be complaining.
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by Elueme: 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2012
Her sleeping in Nigeria doesn't add or subtract anything from us ... She's a secretary and not the president however, her reasons could be genuine, let's not be misinformed by the way the press has put it.. Ghana lost her president and just recently transited governance, she may want to have a meeting with the new president as well as attend the burial rites of Mills which may not be In her original schedule , so she needed to buy time somewhere... But does her sleeping in NICON or anywhere affect the price of garri? Abegggg!!
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by duni04(m): 12:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
I just saw the video of her visit to Aso Rock. Jonathan was incoherent as usual and couldn't even raise his head up to address the press conference. Anytime this guy stands up to speak, I just nod my head in shame. Is this the President of my country
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by tpia5: 12:14pm On Aug 10, 2012
^that's not your problem.

Dont worry about it.

Anything anybody cant understand, they should collect the minutes later and read through it.

I assume there was a transcriber present?

Not sure why you're carrying shame while the people in question dont even know who you are when they're enjoying the perks of their position.
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by kayman02(m): 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
This not good for Nigeria's already battered image abroad. May God help Nigeria!
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by lacasa: 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
Who gives a damn what she says or where she sleeps

4k the U.S

I only ave time for China now cool

1 Like

Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by tpapi: 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
killuminati: Who is Hilarious Clinton
she is d new super falcon's coach
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by superior1: 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2012
She is Clinton not God. make she waka go anywhere, anyhow and when she deem fit
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by fredoooooo: 1:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
sdiq: I HATE AMERICAN LEADER WITH PASSION THEY NEVER MENT ANY GOOD FOR AFRICAN PEOPLE THEY ARE JUST HERE TO MILK US DRY CAN ANYBODY POINT TO WHAT AMERICA HAS DONE TO BETTER OUR LIFE CHAINA IS THE FUTURE

don't blame the americans but our useless leaders angry angry
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by Tstark(m): 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2012

Knucklehead! They can only milk you dry if your leaders allow them to, and what makes you think that China has any good intentions for you?
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by canuck(m): 2:15pm On Aug 10, 2012
She should have just called. . .But then again, the network might have been bad!
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by Pukkah: 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2012
Camilia247: stop spreading false news, she was in nigeria yesterday, read wide poster

link: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95128:clinton-welcomes-reforms-in-nigeria-silent-on-insecurity-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

Funny enough, you're the one that should read well. No one is denying the fact that she was in Nigeria yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by oladayo042: 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2012
@camilia247
Did you read the story at all? No one said she cancelled the visit, she just cancelled some meetings.

1 Like

Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2012
killuminati: Who is Hilarious Clinton

B O K O Women leader.

Na God go purnish her for the disgrace.
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by greaterlove(m): 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2012
mekaboy: THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT THE SECURITY SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY.

BUT NIGERIA DID NT INVITE HER, SHE CAME ON HER OWN. BELIEVE ME WHAT EVER SHE CAME FOR IS MOSTLY IN THE INTEREST OF THE US.

AS FOR LEAVING TO GHANA BECAUSE OF FEAR OF INSECURITY, IF SHE REALLY WAS AFRAID SHE WOULD NOT HAVE EVEN COME TO ABUJA IN THE FIRST PLACE. BECAUSE ALL IT WOULD TAKE TO ELIMINATE HER IS ABOUT 3 SUICIDE BOMBERS.

AFTER SPENDING 5HRS ON GROUND CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT SHE GOT TO ASO ROCK AROUND 4PM, THERE IS A MAJOR OCCASSION IN GHANA THE NEXT DAY, I SEE NO NEED WHY SHE WILL SLEEP A FEW HOURS IN NIGERIA AND TRAVEL TO GHANA AGAIN.

ITS BEST SHE ARRIVES GHANA , REST AND WAKE UP TO THE OCCASION.

BUT IF SHE SLEEP FOR NIGERIA OR NOT. IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE PRICE OF GARRI IN THE MARKET.

WE DEY ON OUR OWN SHE FIND US COME

guy u just sumed it up, she left early because of the late ghanian president's burial, i just dont know why people will want to turn all this around. obama has visited afghanistan even with the almost daily killings twice that i know of, us diplomats are still moving around in afghanistan and iraq, american buisness men are still leaving america for afghanistan and iraq. with all the beef between america and iran the two countries are still doing some trades only that america will publicly declare that their buisnessmen are on their own.the same clinton was in egypt about 2weeks ago were her envoye was stoned but in naija nothing like that happened. i dont know why we like speaking bad about our country, we all want to see evil and we still complain when we see the evil.

1 Like

Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by manosteel(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2012
If not for our backwardness, who is secretary of state of a Nation to tell Head of state what need to be done. Her level of diplomacy is suppose to be with the Minister of Foreign Affairs. Can Nigeria Minister of Foreign Affairs hold meeting with US Defense Chief, CIA Chief, Homeland security secretary, let alone having meeting with President Obama. Has our leaders lost their respect because of inferiority complex. This is a Nation importing 5% of their oil from Nigeria. By the time we decide to turn our attention to China or Russia, then they will know our value, and President Obama will be forced to visit Nigeria.
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by webizone(m): 3:36pm On Aug 10, 2012
Okija_juju: She can visit Iraq but cant last more than a few hours in Nigeria..
Why do these people behave like this?!

Many americans today are cultists. Here, where there get church, she or them no fit last.

1 Like

Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by oiseworld: 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2012
manosteel: If not for our backwardness, who is secretary of state of a Nation to tell Head of state what need to be done. Her level of diplomacy is suppose to be with the Minister of Foreign Affairs. Can Nigeria Minister of Foreign Affairs hold meeting with US Defense Chief, CIA Chief, Homeland security secretary, let alone having meeting with President Obama. Has our leaders lost their respect because of inferiority complex. This is a Nation importing 5% of their oil from Nigeria. By the time we decide to turn our attention to China or Russia, then they will know our value, and President Obama will be forced to visit Nigeria.

oga don't think like that, hillary in Nigeria is good. Russia and china have nothing to offer us. Look aroound and tell me china is not destroying our economy. They can't give nathin to us. Infact they keep stealing all from america and europe on a daily bases and they feed us with this things. Is that what you want. I don't believe in backyard runs, i'll deal with the source.
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by Ganys: 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2012
gboss4sure:

I didnt see North there, am i the only one seeing this?
....And the Conspiracy Continues
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by manosteel(m): 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
I have nothing against US but their hypocrisy is annoying sometimes. How many US Soldiers or Personnels have been killed in Nigeria. In Afghanistan, they loose their personnel almost on weekly bases, just yesterday, three US soldiers were shot and killed by an Afghan gunman in Military uniform, yet they are falling over themselves to go and greet and to have dinner with President Kazaih of Afghan and his corrupt cabinets.
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2012
Even Jonathan is not safe... so she is better of staying in U.S
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by Nobody: 2:14am On Aug 11, 2012
Camilia247: stop spreading false news, she was in nigeria yesterday, read wide poster

link: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95128:clinton-welcomes-reforms-in-nigeria-silent-on-insecurity-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

UNITED States Secretary of State, Mrs. Hilary Clinton yesterday met with President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, declaring that if the economic reforms being implemented is carried out to a logical end, “the future for Nigeria is limitless.”

Clinton also charged President Jonathan to ensure that there are better opportunities for all Nigerians so that every young boy and girl will have chance to fulfill his or her God given potential.

She pledged that the American government will work closely with Nigeria in order to make the reforms embarked upon by the government to endure “and take the tough decisions that are necessary.”

Clinton, who arrived the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja was driven straight to the Presidential Villa
where she was received at the foyer of the President’s office by Nigeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru.

She arrived by 3.52 p.m. with a retinue of aides and media team. Her convoy drove into the foyer of the President’s office, a honour granted to only visiting Heads of State and Government. Ashiru led Clinton into the President’s office for a formal welcome and meeting with President Jonathan. Both the American and Nigerian delegations later went into talks.

After the meeting, Clinton said: “You know how committed United States and the Obama administration is to our partnership with your country. We consider it absolutely vital to our bi-National Commission, which has helped us to expand and deepen our co-operation on full range of issues. We are working on economic matters, the improvement of productivity in agriculture, education and health, security, diversification of your economy and so much more. We intend to remain very supportive on your reform efforts. Thank you for mentioning the work we did together on the election.
ITK cant you read with understanding? Read the OP again and stop busy bodying.
Re: Security Fears: Clinton Cancels Scheduled Abuja Meetings by Intrepid1(m): 7:04am On Aug 11, 2012
Even with the legion of security forces deployed for her visit, the woman refused to sleep over. This is a big indictment on Nigeria and our security apparatus. In a civilised country, some of the Heads of these forces would resign in shame.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Biafran Referendum To Be Debated In U.S Congress – Hon. Robert Dorna / ₦1.1 Billion Training Centre: TrackaNG-BudgIT Got It Wrong - DSS / Naira Crash Adds Trillions Of Debt To All The 36 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.