Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,642 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches (7360 Views)

Do Gotv Play Live EPL Matches? / Alternative To DSTV For Watching EPL Matches / Osaze Apologizes To Samson Siasia On Brilla Fm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by EzePromoe: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2012

talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, can today announce its first English language broadcast partners to carry its official Barclays Premier League coverage during the 2012/13 season which starts on 18 August.

Brila FM in Nigeria will carry talkSPORT’s live Barclays Premier League commentary on an exclusive basis within its broadcast area.

The deal will grant the station access to talkSPORT’s expert commentary, insight and links with the biggest names in Premier League football as well as its production expertise and experience of broadcasting live sporting events including the 2011 Rugby World Cup and UEFA EURO 2012.

talkSPORT has launched its talkSPORT Live digital service at talkSPORT.com , where live commentary on all 380 Barclays Premier League games in multiple languages, including English, Spanish and Mandarin will be available outside of the European Economic Area . The station has agreed a deal with the Premier League for the exclusive package of international audio broadcasting rights for the next four football seasons (2012/13 – 2015/16) and with the FA for the next six seasons.

talkSPORT has been an official broadcaster of the Barclays Premier League in the UK since 2001 and currently broadcast 64 games per season domestically. The station is also an official broadcaster of the FA Cup and England games, with FA Cup matches also available globally on the talkSPORT Live digital service from the 2012/13 season.

Scott Taunton, Chief Executive, talkSPORT said: “I’m delighted to be working with Brila FM to bring our exclusive live coverage of the greatest league in the world to listeners in Nigeria. After one of the most exciting seasons in the history of the Premier League, we’ll be bringing all of the drama, goals and news live to fans throughout the upcoming season.”

Dr Larry Izamoje, Chairman/CEO, Brila FM said: “The English league has given many Nigerian players the platform for global recognition and we are extremely delighted to partner talkSPORT in bringing our listeners mankind’s most followed matches -the games of the Barclays Premier League now on radio.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/brila-fm-to-broadcast-live-epl-matches/
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by semid4lyfe(m): 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2012
Good development but I'll rather watch than listen to a match. . . .

1 Like

Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by abacus(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2012
semid4lyfe: Good development but I'll rather watch than listen to a match. . . .
Really?

1 Like

Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by Mortiple(m): 11:46am On Aug 15, 2012
semid4lyfe: Good development but I'll rather watch than listen to a match. . . .
Even while driving?

1 Like

Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by amosy007: 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
okay! So should we start dancing? undecided
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by Obinoscopy(m): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
amosy007: okay! So should we start dancing? undecided

Yes! grin grin
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by miteolu(m): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
No big deal. They broadcast from goal.com, livescores, espn, atdhe.eu/soccer, fa.com, etc. They can only use that to deceive their villagers

2 Likes

Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by omar22(m): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
A station that big should have online listners

1 Like

Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by Olamiplenty1(m): 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nice one. Weldone Brila fm
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by sylve11: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
miteolu: No big deal. They broadcast from goal.com, livescores, espn, atdhe.eu/soccer, fa.com, etc. They can only use that to deceive their villagers

grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by femi4: 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
miteolu: No big deal. They broadcast from goal.com, livescores, espn, atdhe.eu/soccer, fa.com, etc. They can only use that to deceive their villagers
you are the one deceiving yourself. Brila is taking the broadcast live from talk sport where you have the opportunity to feel the stadium electric atmosphere on your radio
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by lawak: 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
they have to tell us the new value addition they are brining on board since 99.3 Info FM is already doing that and very well too

1 Like

Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by CLIQBOY(m): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
same here!
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by nnemmpi(m): 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
no need nigeria info is already on
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by femi4: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
lawak: they have to tell us the new value addition they are brining on board since 99.3 Info FM is already doing that and very well too
But 99.3 is doing theirs from tv and the flop there is that any match that SS or other cable tv does not broadcast live, they find it difficult running its commentary
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by greall1: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
3 days ago news
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by tommykiwi(m): 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
All join.....Brila Fm nice one because is not everybody that is opportune to watch it live so I believe it is really welcome
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by Player01(m): 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
Listening to a football commentary on the radio, especially by Nigerian commentators is one of the most boring things you can do in your life cry

I'll gladly chose tales by moonlight.
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by maclatunji: 3:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
I have been doing that for more than a decade on the BBC World Service. Not a big deal to me.
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by maclatunji: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
Player01: Listening to a football commentary on the radio, especially by Nigerian commentators is one of the most boring things you can do in your life cry

Tell me about it.
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by femi4: 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
Player01: Listening to a football commentary on the radio, especially by Nigerian commentators is one of the most boring things you can do in your life cry

This will be done by talksport crew not Nigerians. Seems some people dnt understand the topic before making comment
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by jhydebaba(m): 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
Good News!!!
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by adewex(m): 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
Good Development I must say.. Their way of broadcasting is obsolete (shouting & rushing). They should please treat that.. KUDOS
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by johnstar(m): 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
So nw, dat means d poor ppl go dey carry radio put 4 ear dey waka up nd dwn 4 road, juz bcus of match, u berra go nd watch it on t.v undecided undecided
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by toluxa1(m): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
please can anyone provide me with a working live stream link for Brila, there site don't stream.
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by Reference(m): 4:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
lawak: they have to tell us the new value addition they are brining on board since 99.3 Info FM is already doing that and very well too

Not really. I listened to last week's Community Shield on their station and the commentary was run by the radio presenters themselves obviously off a monitor. Not good enough. Commentaries should be run live. If Brilla has this arrangement, it trumps others in my opinion plus the fact that our chaps are always full of sentiments, bring their petty quarrels to the mic. and don't do their homework well.
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by EzePromoe: 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
It's a welcome development, for those of you who don't support this move let it be known to you that there are many villages who do not have access to basic amenities mostly electricity. So Brilla FM carry go, you've my blessings.
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by Sike(m): 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
Good for them.
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
Mtchew! We want TV Broadcast. NTA, AIT & others are not doing enough EPL Broadcast.
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by 2sign: 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
pls those brila guys shld speak so we can al hear dm.i don't know who tot dm dt kind of commentary dt u ve 2 strain ur ears 2 hear.INFO DON FINISH WORK.
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by emmyasam95(m): 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dats a gud one. Buh which state brilla fm dey?
Re: Brilla FM To Broadcast Live EPL Matches by seunolayemi: 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
I wish it is what u can view, well they are coming up being the first sport radio station, one day we will see a netwrk that will only base on sport even if its with decider for naigerians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Egyptian Referee Still Working At AFCON / Mixed Fortunes For Nigeria As Abugan Makes 400m Commonwealth Games Final! / D'tigress Reach Afrobasket Quarterfinals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.