Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Nigerians In America........pls Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In America........pls Advice (1850 Views)

I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me / How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In America........pls Advice by nifty: 2:18pm On Aug 10, 2012
hi guys am trying to ask for advice on here,i am a 300l computer science student of a university here in nigeria which means i have 1 more year to have my bachelors but i won the american visa lottery and presently in the us,my plans where to go get my green card then come back to naija to complete my bachelors and then go back to american to compliment it with a masters degree in america nd wld probably be able to get a job here in america,but peeps and student i met here said my naija degree is useless even if i have a masters wiv it that i shld just take a transfer to a university here then continue from there.........and wld have 2 more years to be thru instead of one if i return to naija...............i need some advice
Re: Nigerians In America........pls Advice by omega25red(m): 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
Well i think what you need to do since you are here in the states is to call the different universities you might attend to ask them questions like:

1. if i applied for your graduate program would my bachelors be honored
2. since my bachelors is from Nigeria, would i still be considered a foreign student
3. if i transfered to your school how many credits can i transfer from Nigeria and how many years would i have left to get my bachelors

with these questions (i'm sure other people can contribute) you can get an idea of what you should do. I do think getting the green card is a great idea.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In America........pls Advice by nifty: 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2012
i was told i can transfer a maximum of 60 credits and i wld need 120 credits to graduate there that means four more semester to go if i transfer here its like same in naija cause i dont have to do nysc so its like same nd dnt have to pay fees and i can access financial aid
Re: Nigerians In America........pls Advice by LFJ: 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
Congratulation! Don't waste any more time, applied to school in US as a transfer student, it is not true that you cannot get more than 60 creidts, you can get as many as 90 credits depending on the school you apply to, how your lucky shine and the course you intend to pursue. If you intend to stay in US permanently I will strongly advise you to transfer your credits because of the long term benefit. In US Nigeria certificates don't hv much value due to many factors. Even if you go back to Nigeria to finish ur Bs don't be suprise that you may still need to do it again. Best of luck
Re: Nigerians In America........pls Advice by justwise(m): 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2012

(1) (Reply)

See What God Is Good Motors Is Doing To ABJ - PH Customers / Live Updates: A Journey By Train—Lagos To Zaria / Best Country To Go And Hustle As A Young Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.