Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Abia Governor, A Joker? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governor, A Joker? (489 Views)

Tribunal Upholds Ikpeazu's Election As Abia Governor / Abia Governor Elect Receives Certificate Of Return From Inec (pictures) / Obasanjo Is A Joker, Liar, He Was Behind Third Term – Nnamani, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia Governor, A Joker? by kelyusuf: 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
It is an embarrassment when people say what is not. It is even more embarrassing when they do so with aplomb. Nigeria has been littered with all manner of liars, propagandists and tale-tellers. However, that does not remove the fact they tell those things, just to make people believe them.
I ran into a statement credited to the Special Adviser to Abia state governor, where he said things no less embarrassing than annoying.
"My resolve to change Aba cannot be deterred by mischief makers. Our detractors are envious because we have done the unexpected, particularly in Aba, where we tackled the infrastructural decay," he said. Please can someone tell me I am dreaming? Because, as far as I am concerned, this statement is a travesty! I cannot believe this government has yet to join the moving train, which is providing good governance. Celebrating 'achievements' on the pages of newspapers is such an old fashioned style. Abia people, especially Aba people, are seriously in great pains.
"It is noteworthy, even to the undiscerning mind, that we engaged Aba from scratch because of the long neglect of the city by previous governments," he stated further.
Abia people are in deep sadness. Workers are not being paid and infrastructural development is at a zero level. With this recent statement by the inconsiderate government, it looks like the situation isn't going to get any better.
So sad.
Re: Abia Governor, A Joker? by Super1759: 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2012
Hmmm.my brother,cry no more, God is watching them. (gods own state,not God's own state)

(1) (Reply)

The Fg And Phcn Face-off / Will The New N5000 Note Increase The Activites Of Armed Robbers? / South-East Leaders Endorse Jonathan For Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.