Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

The Romance Section Is So Boring Now - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Romance Section Is So Boring Now (2357 Views)

Share Your Memorable Embarrassing Moment In The Romance Section / Which Section Is Your Favourite On Nairaland? / Is Your Day Usually So Boring That You Have To Spend Most Of It On Nl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by davidcobi: 7:28am On Aug 12, 2012
Have you guys noticed how boring this section is?
I know most of you wouldn't say it, but I'm ashamed of replying to these new meaningless topics posted by our so called "August Visitors".

The Romance Section used to be the magic room, where Nairaland gets its attention and traffic.

But now, its been derailed by some puberty striken kids. Even our Romance section warriors who makes it all happen with wonderful and interesting topics have now ran out of ideas. People tend to post movies too, just to bring back that attraction (which is amazing), but our dear MODS go about selecting Garbage as Front Page Topics :-(

Pls Nairalanders! Let's try to make this section what it used to be. Let's appreciate the effort others make and keep the section booming.
I've been logging in and out again within 3 mins due to lack of interesting or meaningful topics.

And I believe most of us are experiencing the same issue.

Pls! Bow down your heads while I say this short prayer for our Forum. smiley

Happy Sunday! God Bless you all.
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 12, 2012
How long have you been on NL for you to know how the old NL was? Abi you get another account? This davidcobi has been registered for less than 48 hrs. Or maybe you want to compare 10 August 2012 Romance Section to 12 August 2012 Romance Section.

1 Like

Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by davidcobi: 7:42am On Aug 12, 2012
ogugua88: How long have you been on NL for you to know how the old NL was? Abi you get another account? This davidcobi has been registered for less than 48 hrs. Or maybe you want to compare 10 August 2012 Romance Section to 12 August 2012 Romance Section.
LOL! I've been registered since 2008... So! This ain't my only account. @sexkillz knows the drill!
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by 190theclown: 7:48am On Aug 12, 2012
Rotfl

I didn't know since I personally nicknamed
These new escapees from yaba left (August visitors) it has since
Been accepted by all - Lol

August visitors are here 2 stay, never in my life have I seen dem so
Many and all gathered in one place

D watch continues
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 12, 2012
A classical case of pot calling kettle black.
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 12, 2012
Clown-the-091, once you coin a new term, you refuse to drop it. Gini bu August visitors?

davidcobi: LOL! I've been registered since 2008... So! This ain't my only account. @sexkillz knows the drill!

Na una sabi. I have only one account. Old school things.

Why don't you reinvent the section. Those who were moving this section before did not have two heads, two keyboards, or four hands.

1 Like

Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by freecocoa(f): 8:03am On Aug 12, 2012
When the Mud(s) won't let people be themselves and keep hiding posts\banning Ids,why won't it be boring?abegi.
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 12, 2012
Lol.

Another boring thread. . . . In fact, this thread is more boring than all the boring threads this year combined.

Op, be happy. For you just won Olympic Gold for this thread.

Pass tha Mic. . .
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by davidcobi: 8:03am On Aug 12, 2012
val_dee: A classical case of pot calling kettle black.
undecided And your point is?

@Ogugua88, I have been trying my best.
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by davidcobi: 8:08am On Aug 12, 2012
freecocoa: When the Mud(s) won't let people be themselves and keep hiding posts\banning Ids,why won't it be boring?abegi.
@sexkillz! She's referring to you... cool

And why won't this be the most boring thread to you? - You are the one triggering the boredom!
You can't even distinguish between an interesting thread to a boring one.
#SMH
sad
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 12, 2012
freecocoa: When the Mud(s) won't let people be themselves and keep hiding posts\banning Ids,why won't it be boring?abegi.

People being themselves led to heavy insults and a surge of keyboard warriors. I don't think any site-owner would sit back and watch his forum depreciate because of online egos.
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 12, 2012
davidcobi: @Ogugua88, I have been trying my best.

Where? When? How? You get log? Make I see.
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by davidcobi: 8:13am On Aug 12, 2012
ogugua88:

Where? When? How? You get log? Make I see.
Weren't you paying attention to details?
My threads are awesome and most interesting!
My posts makes at least 4 pages without being on Front Page.
#Doubtme?
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 12, 2012
This is a private site. The owner of this site has rules for his site and he expects the members to abide by the stipulated rules. . . If they are found wanting, he wants them banned from his site.

I agree that for a very long while, the rules were relaxed, which made a lot of members run wild (me included) and believed that is how things should be. Now he wants to restore his site to the purposes for which he created it. . .

Banning and hiding of posts has come to stay until there is a level of reasonable conformity to the rules stipulated. . .
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 12, 2012
davidcobi:
@sexkillz! She's referring to you... cool

And why won't this be the most boring thread to you? - You are the one triggering the boredom!
You can't even distinguish between an interesting thread to a boring one.
#SMH
sad
And you can do the distinguishing yourself?

What is romantic about this thread? Answer pls. Mr Know it all.
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 12, 2012
davidcobi: Weren't you paying attention to details?
My threads are awesome and most interesting!
My posts makes at least 4 pages without being on Front Page.
#Doubtme?

Bros I dey pay attention o. davidcobi has only 37 posts and one thread started. This thread is on page 0, so why I no go doubt? Do I know your other account? I am not an oracle. Nwayo with the hash tag. Na Nairaland we dey.
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by davidcobi: 8:19am On Aug 12, 2012
sexkillz: This is a private site. The owner of this site has rules for his site and he expects the members to abide by the stipulated rules. . . If they are found wanting, he wants them banned from his site.

I agree that for a very long while, the rules were relaxed, which made a lot of members run wild (me included) and believed that is how things should be. Now he wants to restore his site to the purposes for which he created it. . .

Banning and hiding of posts has come to stay until there is a level of reasonable conformity to the rules stipulated. . .
You seem to forget that you were the one with the largest count of Abuses, Cuss, Bartering etc

FYI, I was also a victim. And most of us here were too.
#stillSMH
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by cindyrella(f): 8:19am On Aug 12, 2012
Very lomantic! undecided
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by freecocoa(f): 8:20am On Aug 12, 2012
ogugua88:

People being themselves led to heavy insults and a surge of keyboard warriors. I don't think any site-owner would sit back and watch his forum depreciate because of online egos.
Nwanne rapu that thing cheesy.

Its not even about the insults sef,there are posts that are not insulting that are hidden and i don't know why,its only natural everywhere that people must disagree and sometimes sweat it out,how does that depreciate the forum?

This is a forum for discussion and arguments,just how do you expect thousands of people to all get along,its not possible even in the real world,forget all this talk of being civil and criticizing constructively,its always about conflicting opinions on here and fights are bound to happen(though the ones here are something else)expecting everyone to get along or just ignore what they don't like is not feasible.

I get minimizing it to the barest minimum but the constant bans and post hiding is really annoying and boring to say the least.
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by 190theclown: 8:23am On Aug 12, 2012
LOL @ people who voted someone into power я complaining
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by davidcobi: 8:23am On Aug 12, 2012
ogugua88:

Bros I dey pay attention o. davidcobi has only 37 posts and one thread started. This thread is on page 0, so why I no go doubt? Do I know your other account? I am not an oracle. Nwayo with the hash tag. Na Nairaland we dey.
LOL! grin grin grin

You don't need me to prove that by giving you my other account. The post says it all! ;-)
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by 190theclown: 8:26am On Aug 12, 2012
ogugua88: Clown-the-091, once you coin a new term, you refuse to drop it. Gini bu August visitors?

Na una sabi. I have only one account. Old school things.

Why don't you reinvent the section. Those who were moving this section before did not have two heads, two keyboards, or four hands.

Gbamm - judge gugu-wa has spoken
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by freecocoa(f): 8:27am On Aug 12, 2012
sexkillz: This is a private site. The owner of this site has rules for his site and he expects the members to abide by the stipulated rules. . . If they are found wanting, he wants them banned from his site.

Make i hear word joor.

You people should just take it easy,he knew what he was getting into when he created this site,you don't expect faceless people to come here and all get along,I'm not saying some rules shouldn't be adhered to but the way you people are going about it is just freaking boring.

Don't even quote me again,i no get your power this morning.angry
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2012
davidcobi: LOL! grin grin grin

You don't need me to prove that by giving you my other account. The post says it all! ;-)

I actually prefer the section now compared to 10 August 2012 before. The constant bickering, alliances/clans, spamming, Corkisms, drove me away from the site in general.

1 Like

Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by 190theclown: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2012
freecocoa: Make i hear word joor.

You people should just take it easy,he knew what he was getting into when he created this site,you don't expect faceless people to come here and all get along,I'm not saying some rules shouldn't be adhered to but the way you people are going about it is just freaking boring.

Don't even quote me again,i no get your power this morning.angry

See one of them
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by freecocoa(f): 8:33am On Aug 12, 2012
190-the-clown:

See one of them
Your left scr0tum sack there.tongue
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by 2goodbobo(m): 8:35am On Aug 12, 2012
Poster just a lil question for you! What have you done to spice the Romance section up?
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 12, 2012
freecocoa: Nwanne rapu that thing cheesy.

Its not even about the insults sef,there are posts that are not insulting that are hidden and i don't know why,its only natural everywhere that people must disagree and sometimes sweat it out,how does that depreciate the forum?

This is a forum for discussion and arguments,just how do you expect thousands of people to all get along,its not possible even in the real world,forget all this talk of being civil and criticizing constructively,its always about conflicting opinions on here and fights are bound to happen(though the ones here are something else)expecting everyone to get along or just ignore what they don't like is not feasible.

I get minimizing it to the barest minimum but the constant bans and post hiding is really annoying and boring to say the least.

Lol.

Yeah, it's not only insults that are hidden. I've come to the conclusion that many people on Nairaland haven't the slightest clue about the rules lol. A lot of people complain about hidden posts and bans without knowing they're in violation of Nairaland's rules. Insults, derailing, obscene pictures, derailing, bullying, insults, derailing, and derailing can all warrant hidden posts and/or a ban. Did I mention derailing?

I don't think anyone expects everyone on Nairaland to get along. That's foolish init? Sure, people want to have fun, but it's my hope that Nairaland members realize that there are nearly 1 million registered members on this site and that this is one of Nigeria's biggest websites. Nairaland is on a global scale, meaning it's scrutinized by millions of others. Not that everyone should become a phoney and act on their best behavior as if they're in front of grannies, but there are some things that are childish and leave one scratching his or head, wondering if something actually happened.

It does get annoying seeing constant bans and several hidden posts. It's just as annoying, if not more so, having to sort through all of them to make this site palatable again.

1 Like

Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 12, 2012
2goodbobo: Poster just a lil question for you! What have you done to spice the Romance section up?

He has started one topic and posted 39 times.
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by 190theclown: 8:40am On Aug 12, 2012
D 14th epistle of Oh Gu gu wa
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by davidcobi: 8:42am On Aug 12, 2012
freecocoa: Your left scr0tum sack there.tongue
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Romance Section Is So Boring Now by davidcobi: 8:43am On Aug 12, 2012
2goodbobo: Poster just a lil question for you! What have you done to spice the Romance section up?
ogugua88:

He has started one topic and posted 39 times.
There is bloody way I'm compromising my other accounts!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Live In Ebonyi/kaduna? / Top 5 Romancelanders That Are Naturally Good Writers / What Is Wrong With This Photo [pink Groomsmen Edition]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.