Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,626 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Agree ? Hit 'em Up Is The Most Overrated Diss Track Ever - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Agree ? Hit 'em Up Is The Most Overrated Diss Track Ever (1929 Views)

Is 'khona' By Mafizikolo, The Afrika Best Music track Ever And Most Famous? / Top 10 Most Overrated Rappers / Best 'diss' Track Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agree ? Hit 'em Up Is The Most Overrated Diss Track Ever by mikuz(m): 9:35am On Aug 13, 2012
Tracks like No vaseline,Ether and Takeover were all better.
Re: Agree ? Hit 'em Up Is The Most Overrated Diss Track Ever by ayobase(m): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2012
Many tracks were and will be overrated due to the names behind them.
2pac was one...but that track makes sense.IMO!
Re: Agree ? Hit 'em Up Is The Most Overrated Diss Track Ever by mikuz(m): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2012
Yeah but lyrically the track was weak!
Re: Agree ? Hit 'em Up Is The Most Overrated Diss Track Ever by Revolva(m): 10:55am On Aug 13, 2012
mikuz: Yeah but lyrically the track was weak!

Are you wit your right senses callin hit em up weak do you even know rap or hiphop where were you when the tupac n biggy beaf started plougin yam in ur village- and u come here saying hit em up is weak- I go send thunder strike you-
You bleeped ur for this statement- don't go say dis on american hiphop blog they gonna diss you , you gonna feel it like a punch on each replied post bro...
I feel like smackin you - yes nas ether our shine jiggas sing along dis track 1yrically and much gangster jigga fear ,but no diss track has ever reached pac -hit em up bitch

1 Like

Re: Agree ? Hit 'em Up Is The Most Overrated Diss Track Ever by slimghost(m): 11:10am On Aug 13, 2012
mikuz: Yeah but lyrically the track was weak!

Please stick to what you know best! go listen to kaddafi,EDI and Hussein's lyrics before saying thrash.
Re: Agree ? Hit 'em Up Is The Most Overrated Diss Track Ever by mikuz(m): 11:24am On Aug 13, 2012
Revolva:

Are you wit your right senses callin hit em up weak do you even know rap or hiphop where were you when the tupac n biggy beaf started plougin yam in ur village- and u come here saying hit em up is weak- I go send thunder strike you-
You bleeped ur for this statement- don't go say dis on american hiphop blog they gonna diss you , you gonna feel it like a punch on each replied post bro...
I feel like smackin you - yes nas ether our shine jiggas sing along dis track 1yrically and much gangster jigga fear ,but no diss track has ever reached pac -hit em up bitch
and you call yourself a core hiphop listener? No doubt,the delivery of the jam was exceptional. But lyrically it was empty. Nigga kept on saying fork this fork that over and over again.
Re: Agree ? Hit 'em Up Is The Most Overrated Diss Track Ever by mikuz(m): 11:47am On Aug 13, 2012
slimghost:

Please stick to what you know best! go listen to kaddafi,EDI and Hussein's lyrics before saying thrash.

Hit 'Em Up was venomous. No rapper has ever brought such thunder and hailstone on a track in hip-hop history. Hatred/bitterness like this has never ever been melted on a beef song. But lyrically? Its empty. 'Pac unleashed a weaponry on the song that will forever remain the on heart of every good hiphop listener.but lyrically? The fact that 'Pac claimed to have slept with Biggie's wife at that time, Faith Evans, was a line rarely crossed. No body would hear that line for the first time and not hit replay. But lyrically? 2Pac didn't hide a single detail on Hit 'Em Up. The fact that Biggie never issued a formal response to Hit 'em up helped the song propel to an immortal status. But lyrically?
Re: Agree ? Hit 'em Up Is The Most Overrated Diss Track Ever by mikuz(m): 11:50am On Aug 13, 2012
Let's tell ourselves the truth, this isn't the best lyrical/most creative diss song. It's like a head like yung6ix throwing a thunderous/venom/temper tantrum. You want to tell me the jam was lyrically better than Ether or Nail in the coffin? Hit 'em up sounds great, and it's certainly effective, given the hip-hop demographic. But when 2Pac says he's going to "kill all your muthaf*****s" and "My 'fo-'fo make sure all y'all kids don't grow," it's just over-the-top. Thats why casual listeners would always hype it. Thats why commercial rappers thrive.
Pacs' other diss track was even lyrically better. cool

1 Like

Re: Agree ? Hit 'em Up Is The Most Overrated Diss Track Ever by slimghost(m): 5:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
mikuz:

Hit 'Em Up was venomous. No rapper has ever brought such thunder and hailstone on a track in hip-hop history. Hatred/bitterness like this has never ever been melted on a beef song. But lyrically? Its empty. 'Pac unleashed a weaponry on the song that will forever remain the on heart of every good hiphop listener.but lyrically? The fact that 'Pac claimed to have slept with Biggie's wife at that time, Faith Evans, was a line rarely crossed. No body would hear that line for the first time and not hit replay. But lyrically? 2Pac didn't hide a single detail on Hit 'Em Up. The fact that Biggie never issued a formal response to Hit 'em up helped the song propel to an immortal status. But lyrically?

Did you hear me mention Pac's name? i said listen to EDI,Kadafi and Hussein.
Re: Agree ? Hit 'em Up Is The Most Overrated Diss Track Ever by emekamicrosoft: 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
mikuz:
Let's tell ourselves the truth, this isn't the best lyrical/most creative diss song. It's like a head like yung6ix throwing a thunderous/venom/temper tantrum. You want to tell me the jam was lyrically better than Ether or Nail in the coffin? Hit 'em up sounds great, and it's certainly effective, given the hip-hop demographic. But when 2Pac says he's going to "kill all your muthaf*****s" and "My 'fo-'fo make sure all y'all kids don't grow," it's just over-the-top. Thats why casual listeners would always hype it. Thats why commercial rappers thrive.
Pacs' other diss track was even lyrically better. cool

How do i give you a hug ? cry

(1) (Reply)

[MUSIC] Sinzu (@sinzusmg) – Exit Strategy (godwon Diss) / Psquare: "Away" Instrumental Remake. / ALBUM: Peruzzi – Huncho Vibes - 360loaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.