Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

The 17 Most Visited Websites In The World. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The 17 Most Visited Websites In The World. (1554 Views)

Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... / News24.com Is Africa Most Visited Websites / Most Visited Websites In Nigeria, November 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 17 Most Visited Websites In The World. by BizBooks(m): 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
According to the latest Alexa.com rankings, below are the 17 most visited websites in the
world.

1. Google
2. Facebook
3. YouTube
4. Yahoo
5. Baidu.com (Chinese Website)
6. Wikipedia
7. Live.com
8. Twitter
9. QQ.com (Chinese Website)
10. Amazon
11. Blogger.com
12. Google.co.in (Google India)
13. LinkedIn
14. Taobao.com (Chinese Website)
15. Yahoo.co.jp (Yahoo Japan)
16. Sina.com.cn (Chinese Website)
17. MSN.com

This list is dominated by Chinese websites. I think they should be excluded entirely from
the Alexa ranking. With more than 1 Billion people, every Chinese website can afford to
attract millions of visitors each day. Apart from Baidu, I doubt many people outside China
have heard of the other 3 Chinese websites on the list.

1 Like

Re: The 17 Most Visited Websites In The World. by mrperfect(m): 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
There isn't any surprise there.
Re: The 17 Most Visited Websites In The World. by BizBooks(m): 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
mrperfect: There isn't any surprise there.

I disagree, there is plenty. Sites like Google, Facebook, YouTube, Yahoo etc are known
worldwide. But can you tell what QQ.com or Taobao.com is all about? If you are not from
China, you wouldn't know.
Re: The 17 Most Visited Websites In The World. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
Yes! The list can really be dominated by Chinese websites due to the high population of China. Page views has a great role to play nah... And what is viewing the pages? Animals? NO! Humans. Nigerian government should encourage high birth rate and discard family planning so that nigerian websites could compete at the highest level with China and USA on alexa lol smiley
Re: The 17 Most Visited Websites In The World. by admitme(m): 8:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
Google is always the first.
Re: The 17 Most Visited Websites In The World. by kokabiel(f): 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
Try most visited site Africa site wink
Re: The 17 Most Visited Websites In The World. by viglen: 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Vx0 Hosting - Free Cpanel Hosting / HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! / Good News To MYWAPBLOG.COM Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.