Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! (1557 Views)

Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked / Finally! My Blog Has Been Indexed On Google 7 Days After Launching It! / HELP! My Blog Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by mitchyy(f): 4:39am On Dec 04, 2012
Hello fellow bloggers,
Please I need your help. My 3-month old blog just got hacked last night. I'm still at a loss as to why it happened. Here's the blog http://www.gistville.com
Other blogs owned by my friends under same host was also hacked as well http://234direct.com http://www.naijapose.com

I'm so angry and confused. Is it possible to get my blog back? What can I do? My blog is a wordpress site.
Help please!
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by DualCore1: 12:36pm On Dec 04, 2012
Don't be angry, don't be confused. Contact Smartwebng and inform them that one or more of their web servers have been compromised with an attack targeted at Wordpress installations.

In the meantime you can edit your index.php page and put a friendly message there to replace the "hacked by hacker" message.

If your host is delaying in responding to this you can come back here and say so and one of us will be willing to look into your site and restore it.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by mrperfect(m): 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2012
Your post shows you are not only one hacked, so alert your host about this.
Yes, you can have your blog back, your host must know all it entails, so nothing to fear about.
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by Slyr0x: 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2012
Dual Core: Don't be angry, don't be confused. Contact Smartwebng and inform them that one or more of their web servers have been compromised with an attack targeted at Wordpress installations.

In the meantime you can edit your index.php page and put a friendly message there to replace the "hacked by hacker" message.

If your host is delaying in responding to this you can come back here and say so and one of us will be willing to look into your site and restore it.

Do exactly this. .I can help out with the bolded smiley
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by mitchyy(f): 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2012
Thanks all. My host has refused to do something. But someone has helped out. He contacted the hackers and begged them to restore which they are trying to do. Even my host's website has been hacked *sighs*
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by rufaai(m): 2:59am On Dec 05, 2012
mitchyy: Thanks all. My host has refused to do something. But someone has helped out. He contacted the hackers and begged them to restore which they are trying to do. Even my host's website has been hacked *sighs*

Hmmm you begged the hacker? LOL

Well, this is what you should do:

1) Clean all infected files in your account and remove any unknown/un-needed files
2) Change all passwords including cPanel, and FTP
3) Scan your computer for viruses, some exploits are caused by a virus on your computer getting your login and uploading files
4) Update all applications on your account and remove any insecure plugins

Sorry about the trouble.
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 05, 2012
rufaai:

Hmmm you begged the hacker? LOL

Well, this is what you should do:

1) Clean all infected files in your account and remove any unknown/un-needed files
2) Change all passwords including cPanel, and FTP
3) Scan your computer for viruses, some exploits are caused by a virus on your computer getting your login and uploading files
4) Update all applications on your account and remove any insecure plugins

Sorry about the trouble.
And do not forget to switch to a more secured host.
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by mitchyy(f): 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2012
Brand_new:
And do not forget to switch to a more secured host.
Thanks all. Even my host's site has been hacked as well. *sighs*
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by yamakuza: 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2012
mitchyy: Thanks all. My host has refused to do something. But someone has helped out. He contacted the hackers and begged them to restore which they are trying to do. Even my host's website has been hacked *sighs*

if that works, it will be a landmark case.

are you sure you dont need someone here to help you?

--edit--

i see your blog is up and running now. congrats !

abeg, which format d guy use beg dem? make i save am
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by Slyr0x: 8:01pm On Dec 05, 2012
mitchyy: But someone has helped out. He contacted the hackers and begged them to restore

LMAOOO. .This post just made my day.

I still suggest you get someone to help scan your files/folders for backdoors. .I'll help do that at no cost (F.O.C.)
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by Slyr0x: 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2012
The hosting coy too got defaced

http://hostmychild.com/

Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by mitchyy(f): 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
Seems the virus is still in my site. It has gone back to displaying the hacker's message. First of all, how do I erase infected files from account like someone said? They still have access. I'm fed up. I wish there was a way to backup my data and wipe out everything. I just don't know. Will appreciate help from anyone who's experienced in this
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by Slyr0x: 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
^^^ Send me a mail slyrox2 at gmail dot com
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by DualCore1: 10:39pm On Dec 05, 2012
Erh..... wait wait wait. Slyr0x wait. Agree to the below oath.

"I Slyr0x solemnly swear not to ask this babe for any personal info like her BB PIN, Skype or 2go ID in the course of my helping her fix her site via email. I also affirm that all correspondences will be shreded and email addresses used will not be stored in my mail Contacts. I will not ask this babe for her BB PIN but in the unlikely (but possible) event that she wants to give me her PIN it must pass through a neutral body like the technician of a reputable host company".

-----------------------
Signed Slyr0x.
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by Arbeola13: 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2012
mitchyy: Seems the virus is still in my site. It has gone back to displaying the hacker's message. First of all, how do I erase infected files from account like someone said? They still have access. I'm fed up. I wish there was a way to backup my data and wipe out everything. I just don't know. Will appreciate help from anyone who's experienced in this
you should try cloudflare.com they can protect your website from attacks even DDOS attacks.
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by Slyr0x: 11:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
Dual Core: Erh..... wait wait wait. Slyr0x wait. Agree to the below oath.

"I Slyr0x solemnly swear not to ask this babe for any personal info like her BB PIN, Skype or 2go ID in the course of my helping her fix her site via email. I also affirm that all correspondences will be shreded and email addresses used will not be stored in my mail Contacts. I will not ask this babe for her BB PIN but in the unlikely (but possible) event that she wants to give me her PIN it must pass through a neutral body like the technician of a reputable host company".

-----------------------
Signed Slyr0x.

And who is this "technician of a reputable host company"? grin
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by Youngzedd(m): 7:36am On Dec 06, 2012

Which kind of rubbish host is that [9ja resellers]

Your host site was hacked and you expect yours to be restored first, hmm odiegwu.
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by DualCore1: 8:02am On Dec 06, 2012
Slyr0x:

And who is this "technician of a reputable host company"? grin
Dem plenty, Rufaii dey. tongue
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by Slyr0x: 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
Dual Core:
Dem plenty, Rufaii dey. tongue

U sef dey abi?

BTW Just like I suspected, all the websites running wordpress/joomla on that server were affected. .

A backdoor shell was hidden in all the /wp-content/ & I was able to read the web server's /etc/passwd,v
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by mitchyy(f): 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
Thanks a lot to you all for your help especially Slyrox and Yimz. My site is up partially now. Thanks again

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by Dolapo93(m): 12:17am On Dec 08, 2012
Honestly,maybe it myt incovenience your preference but sometimes you v 2 opt 4 d best when money z involved...justhost or hostgator or even bluehost dont cost more than 10k a year and yhu will v ur wp site protected 4rm theft nd malware if u r in 4 business...or yhu can use backupBUDDY and backup up site incase sly hackers manage 2 inflict any damage 2 ur site...still patronize 9ja hosting services if u wish
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by mitchyy(f): 7:16am On Dec 08, 2012
Yes. I plan changing host as slyrox recommended. I started blogging for the fun of it initially. Didn't know the blog was gonna grow this much. That's why I started taking it serious. Thanks for the advice
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by rufaai(m): 4:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
Dual Core: Dem plenty, Rufaii dey. tongue
@DualCore shey you be my boss na? aren't you super linux admin? wink

mitchyy: Yes. I plan changing host as slyrox recommended. I started blogging for the fun of it initially. Didn't know the blog was gonna grow this much. That's why I started taking it serious. Thanks for the advice

@Mitchyy You should consider www.gigalayer.com, your site will be transferred effortless for you. smiley
Re: HELP!!! My Blog Has Been Hacked! by mitchyy(f): 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
Thanks all for the help and advice

(1) (Reply)

5 Best Free Customer Support Wordpress Help Desk Plugins For Customer Care / Which International Payment Processor Is Good For Nigerians Apart From Paypal? / Download Free Wordpress & Blogger Themes Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.