Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... (11895 Views)

Top Traffic (most Visited) Website 2015 / Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians / Nairaland The 8th Most Visited Website In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by tzetzefly(m): 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
While Alexa rankings have been criticised for its inaccuracy, it still remains the most popular tool to monitor a site’s traffic health in Africa and has been regarded as the web industry’s de facto public resource for information about website’s statistics.

Interestingly, Nairaland, which has been Nigeria’s most popular and visited website for several years, has now emerged the most visited website in Africa, according to Alexa.

Nairaland which claims to have over a million
registered users, over 4 million unique visitors and over 35 million page views monthly, as at November 2012 toppled South Africa-based 24- hour online news service, News24, owned by Naspers Group to become the number one most visited site in Africa.

Founded by media-shy Web entrepreneur, Seun Osewa as an online forum back in March 2005, Nairaland has grown to become a leading source of information and entertainment, featuring news, sports, technology, culture, politics, religion, career, business, education and much more.

The site was rumoured to have been offered $1 million for an acquisition by Naspers/MIH Internet Africa back in 2010, but Osewa reportedly rejected the offer.

www.techloy.com/2013/02/19/nairaland-topples-news24-emerges-the-most-visited-site-in-africa-says-alexa/

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by antontech(m): 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2013
I have learnt so soo much here.it deserves it

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
Good news.

Next is to see it in the top 100 in the world soonest.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Olugbenger(m): 8:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
just glad i booked my space!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by obo389(m): 5:10am On Feb 20, 2013
antontech: I have learnt so soo much here.it deserves it
Same here.
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by tellwisdom: 9:44am On Feb 20, 2013
[size=18pt]Nairaland is the best.....The people patronizing it are superb too cool[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Abujafood: 9:44am On Feb 20, 2013
It's only a matter of time before Nairaland starts competing with Myspace!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Slyr0x: 9:44am On Feb 20, 2013
Glad to be part of the team smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by olawalebabs(m): 9:45am On Feb 20, 2013
Happy to be part of #TeamNairaland

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by MMM2(m): 9:45am On Feb 20, 2013
Serious undecided
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by braxjay(m): 9:45am On Feb 20, 2013
wow good to know

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by ebamma(m): 9:45am On Feb 20, 2013
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 20, 2013
I'm not surprised sha
Seun must be a happy man.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by pappy2000: 9:47am On Feb 20, 2013
Yeah NL is worth more than that, its our own form of wikipedia and I think the forun mgt should remain our shores

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:47am On Feb 20, 2013
Why then is facebook still richer
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by ifihearam: 9:47am On Feb 20, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Why then is facebook still richer
small pikin

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by playcharles(m): 9:47am On Feb 20, 2013
Good news Seun,.... I'm willing to offer $20 Million, for the acquisition of Nairaland, Seun give me a call on 080285597XX if you are in for business

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by holuwarlay08(m): 9:48am On Feb 20, 2013
yes ooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Anyi3(m): 9:49am On Feb 20, 2013
But seun for ask them to top the money small maybe 2million dollars na

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by lat4real: 9:49am On Feb 20, 2013
Glad to be part of it...

My position pls....?
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by gen2briz(m): 9:50am On Feb 20, 2013
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 20, 2013
Seun's money is doubling, tripling...in bank cheesy. Kudos to you dude.

tzetzefly:
Founded by media-shy Web entrepreneur, Seun Osewa as an online forum back in March 2005, Nairaland has grown to become a leading source of information and entertainment, featuring news, sports, technology, culture, politics, religion, career, business, education and much more
www.techloy.com/2013/02/19/nairaland-topples-news24-emerges-the-most-visited-site-in-africa-says-alexa/

Media shy indeed. But its getting boring though; atleast let's see you on red carpet events once in a while. You are a celebrity...you know?

I know some id/iots will be saying its their collective efforts. Mtcheew, you can as well go to mark Zuckerburg and tell him the same. This, is the hardwork of a Man!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Kaxmytex(m): 9:51am On Feb 20, 2013
[size=28pt]dis aint a newz,even sef,blind man knw say NL na d most visited site in africa[/size]
NEXT

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Etumgbe(m): 9:52am On Feb 20, 2013
Na we make am be like dat. Seun thank us oo (nairalanders).

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by delors(m): 9:53am On Feb 20, 2013
Special thanks to me... grin grin grin grin grin grin... Na me dey market this site for North America to all Nigerians and Ghanians in the region...Bros Seun, sey u dey hear o ...in case u wan appreciate my effort, i fit send u my account details...na dollar account so u no get excuse say one thing one thing happen to naira and pounds...I dey wait o cool cool cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 20, 2013
[size=20pt]we need an android app for goodness sake![/size]

17 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by fairygeh(f): 9:53am On Feb 20, 2013
Congrats Seun.We need to throw a party for this.#Teamnairaland,Upward ever,backward never

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! / Top 5 Blog In Nigeria For Latest Free Browsing Cheats. / Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.