Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,756 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria" (2141 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Arsenal's Victory Over Liverpool Using Apc's Slogan / PDP New Slogan Rocking The Town Now / Gov Aregbesola: Why New Slogan For Osun State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria" by jamp: 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2012
it is said THERE IS POWER IN THE TONGUE, Nigerians are fond of saying bad things about Nigeria and all these have negative effect on the country.
so when will Nigerians start blessing their country. in United states they are used to blessing their country with this phrase "God bless America".

i think with all the problems we have in Nigeria we can be positive.

lets stand up and say with one voice GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Re: New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria" by KiKatanga: 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
American's don't always mean "God Bless America", often they literally mean "God has Blessed America" as in Thanks Giving.

The phrase is used by Atheists and religious alike, but isn't a real prayer or expectation of divine intervention.

Nigeria should be self-critical until it has achievements to be proud of.
Re: New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria" by jamp: 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ki-Katanga:
American's don't always mean "God Bless America", often they literally mean "God has Blessed America" as in Thanks Giving.

The phrase is used by Atheists and religious alike, but isn't a real prayer or expectation of divine intervention.

Nigeria should be self-critical until it has achievements to be proud of.

i disagree with you. we don't have to wait for Nigeria to be blessed before we start saying it. Americans say GOD BLESS AMERICA, never heard God has blessed America
Re: New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria" by KiKatanga: 3:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
jamp:

i disagree with you. we don't have to wait for Nigeria to be blessed before we start saying it. Americans say GOD BLESS AMERICA, never heard God has blessed America

It's not what they say it's what they mean.

God doesn't care about Nigeria, you pray more than almost any other country on Earth and you're still rotting from the inside out.

Stopping praying for blessings and work.
Re: New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria" by bisi16(m): 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
We're blessed already, so I think the word in the middle should be "deliver". God deliver Nigeria, coz she's obviously very sick.
Re: New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria" by KiKatanga: 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
bisi16: We're blessed already, so I think the word in the middle should be "deliver". God deliver Nigeria, coz she's obviously very sick.

Blessed with the 136th lowest GDP per Capita out of 183 Countries.

Praise be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_nominal_per_capita
Re: New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria" by Caseless: 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
I'v not goten anytin frm dz country, but i stil bliv and luv dz country. I knw if i deny nigeria, i deny my parents and my religion. Let's pray 4 our country like americans do weneva they wake up evry morning. God bless Nigeria!
Re: New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria" by manny4life(m): 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
LOL...GOD BLESS NIGERIA? INDEED GOD WILL BLESS US. But as of NOW, WE'RE STILL FU.C.K.ED

That I’m proud to be a Nigerian,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who took those rights from us

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her NOT today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless NIGERIA .

Oh btw, the song is copied from the "I'm glad to be an American - God bless the USA"
Re: New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria" by jamp: 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
thanks my people for showing love to Nigeria. i have started saying it already.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria" by 1800bc(f): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: New Slogan "God Bless Nigeria" by 1800bc(f): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!

(1) (Reply)

Has Lagos State Declared June 12 As Public Holiday? / Tinubu Plans Big For Anambra / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g News: 2 Boko Haram Members Caught Planting Bomb At A Catholic C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.