Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? (15989 Views)

When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? / 20 Must See Cars From The 2012 New York Auto Show / Ford Ranger 2012 Vs Gurara Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by mufikings(m): 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
Have the Money, buy the car you want.

Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by LordReed(m): 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
BizBooks: For some inexplicable
reason, they chose to make it smaller than the 2011 and earlier models.

According to the following your evaluation is wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Camry_(XV50)

Despite similar exterior dimensions with the XV40 Camry, Toyota was able to increase the interior volume by restyling the interior panels so that they follow the contour of the exterior panels.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by Orikinla(m): 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
Many car dealers in Nigeria tamper with imported second hand or used cars before selling them to ignorant customers without any warranty whatsoever.

It is advisable to import any second hand or used cars direct from dealers in the US or Europe with warranty like Major World on Long Island, NY. And to stop local car dealers from short-changing people in Nigeria, Major World is opening a direct sales outlet in Lagos through their Nigerian partner.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by mufikings(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
Orikinla: Many car dealers in Nigeria tamper with imported second hand or used cars before selling them to ignorant customers without any warranty whatsoever.

It is advisable to import any second hand or used cars direct from dealers in the US or Europe with warranty like Major World on Long Island, NY. And to stop local car dealers from short-changing people in Nigeria, Major World is opening a direct sales outlet in Lagos through their Nigerian partner.

good advise
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
I personally think the new Camry is Ugly. My Opinion.
Camry's have always been boring to me anyway. The only good thing about them is that they are Toyotas.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by Armaniswiz(m): 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
After using
the car for 3 days, it became apparent why Toyota is the number one auto maker in the world.

@op R u kidding me? Since when has Toyota become the numbe 1 auto maker in the world? Bck to topic;it's a big miss especially d exterior, but German autos r far ahead of these Japanese mass-produced cars. Audi,Benz or Bmw all d way.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
Armaniswiz: After using
the car for 3 days, it became apparent why Toyota is the number one auto maker in the world.

@op R u kidding me? Since when has Toyota become the numbe 1 auto maker in the world? Bck to topic;it's a big miss especially d exterior, but German autos r far ahead of these Japanese mass-produced cars. Audi,Benz or Bmw all d way.

They actually were for a bit. They took over from GM and fell back to number two after the "stuck accelerator" crises in the US.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by BizBooks(m): 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
Armaniswiz: After using the car for 3 days, it became apparent why Toyota is the number one auto maker in the world.

@op R u kidding me? Since when has Toyota become the numbe 1 auto maker in the world?

For your information, Toyota became the number one automaker in the world in 2008. They held
that title till this year when GM re-took it. Get your facts straight before challenging
another person's view.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by Armaniswiz(m): 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
A-town:

They actually were for a bit. They took over from GM and fell back to number two after the "stuck accelerator" crises in the US.

Ok! maybe in terms of UNITS produced but quality-wise,definitely not. I stil give it to them in d Japanese circle,they r better than Honda.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by BizBooks(m): 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
Armaniswiz:
Ok! maybe in terms of UNITS produced but quality-wise,definitely not.

No, it's not units produced. It's units sold. Before you come back and say they are not high
quality cars, remember, if you do not produce high quality cars, nobody will buy them even if
you produce 1 billion units.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by Armaniswiz(m): 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2012
BizBooks:

No, it's not units produced. It's units sold. Before you come back and say they are not high
quality cars, remember, if you do not produce high quality cars, nobody will buy them even if
you produce 1 billion units.

Rightly said, but affordability doesn't always mean quality. D fact that most people can afford it may go down to many reasons but the overall quality,i'm not saying they r no good but they far from the best.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by coolgb(m): 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
We have seen the 'fish light', d pencil light, d big daddy, d nozzle or muscle, so what is the 2012 camry called, is it d 'ducati shoe?
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
Armaniswiz:

Rightly said, but affordability doesn't always mean quality. D fact that most people can afford it may go down to many reasons but the overall quality,i'm not saying they r no good but they far from the best.

Guy, like i have seen people say on this site, YOU GO ENTER ONE CHANCE with this your arguement oo..
The consumer determines the best. If you make crap, people won't buy it. Period. People kept on buying toyotas because they got value for their money.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by BUSHMAN1: 7:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
i am not using my hard earnd pounds sterling to buy that camry or any camry rubbish,i will rather get my self a 2012 mercedec 550,its superb

1 Like

Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by dammie12: 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
The Nigerian market fell in love with toyota in general simply because it can live longer than the lifespan of most cars. Simplicity in maintenance is another reason but come to think of it, If you've not tried other cars or brand. That one you bought 7years ago or the one you bought before you got married (before responsibilities started cropping in) is and will always be the best.
I was using 2006 Maxima and fu-king love it. Didnt want to sell it but 'cos i had two and moreso single.
I went to NY less than a month ago with a 2012 Maxima holly molly, you need to drive this car. Talking about the interior decor, exterior design, furnishing and reliability. It made my 13hr trip just fun.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
A big M for the miss judging 4rm d exterior. As 4 d price 7.5 M 4 a camry datz cheatin undecided I'll rather add a little cash and go 4 d 2012 e claSs even if itz d lowest trim M-Benz rules (luxry power prestige) datz if u've got d cash. grin grin not like I have it buh if I have 7.5 M 2 spend on a ride - d camry shuld b 1 of d last tinz on ma mind.

1 Like

Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by iykeG(m): 11:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
Toyota cars are trash. Give this corolla like camry sometime now and it will flood everywhere, just because it is affordable with cheap plastic interior. All cars are durable and reliable depending on your maintenance culture. I will better go for Honda or Nissan if I want to drive a Japanese. Though have used accord. However the fact that some people have not had opportunity to drive a German car does not make Toyota the best "auto maker" in the world. Just test drive a 2006 VW jetta and you will see what I am talking about.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by Armaniswiz(m): 1:22am On Aug 15, 2012
iykeG: Toyota cars are trash. Give this corolla like camry sometime now and it will flood everywhere, just because it is affordable with cheap plastic interior. All cars are durable and reliable depending on your maintenance culture. I will better go for Honda or Nissan if I want to drive a Japanese. Though have used accord. However the fact that some people have not had opportunity to drive a German car does not make Toyota the best "auto maker" in the world. Just test drive a 2006 VW jetta and you will see what I am talking about.

Oshee Iyke, u said it all. That's exactly my point.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by odocity: 2:15am On Aug 15, 2012
i need the toyota camry 2012 modern, i have 100,000 can i buy it?
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by Sprumbaba: 2:22am On Aug 15, 2012
It is a little bit smaller than the previous version. There is nothing to write home about the interior. They only upgraded the LCD and if you have driven some luxury cars before, you cannot compare it with any. Cheap Assss LCD.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by suhailinter: 7:01am On Aug 15, 2012
its so beautiful and luxury car...
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by msb247(m): 11:15am On Aug 15, 2012
Flyboy Zee: I think the reduction in size seems to be an in-thing (fad) now in the auto industry. I used to love the preceeding generation of the Hyundai Sonata, because of its size, especially the length. Oh my! I love long cars. But the current generation Hyundai Sonata was so small I initially thought it was an Honda. It won't be surprising therefore if major auto giants follow the fad to cash in on the market with the supposed success of the current 'rejuvenated' Hyundai models. But, what I'm not really cool about is why are they making big cars smaller, when they have smaller cars that can be remodelled?

Maybe this their madness of smaller size would end ASAP, because I'm already missing my long birds.

I've got good news for you Mr Long Cars Lover: Forget Hyundai, Honda & Toyota. The likes of the S550 are still available in Showrooms cheesy
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by LordReed(m): 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
Flyboy Zee: I think the reduction in size seems to be an in-thing (fad) now in the auto industry. I used to love the preceeding generation of the Hyundai Sonata, because of its size, especially the length. Oh my! I love long cars. But the current generation Hyundai Sonata was so small I initially thought it was an Honda. It won't be surprising therefore if major auto giants follow the fad to cash in on the market with the supposed success of the current 'rejuvenated' Hyundai models. But, what I'm not really cool about is why are they making big cars smaller, when they have smaller cars that can be remodelled?

Maybe this their madness of smaller size would end ASAP, because I'm already missing my long birds.

The Camry 2012 actually increased the interior space.

1 Like

Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by BUSHMAN1: 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
msb247:

I've got good news for you Mr Long Cars Lover: Forget Hyundai, Honda & Toyota. The likes of the S550 are still available in Showrooms cheesy
GBAM! i ve already mentioned it above, the S550 is superb,all them long car lovers perhaps could not afford an S550
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by Somatic(m): 12:39am On Aug 17, 2012
Exterior: Miss. Looks too much like a corolla or one of these Subarus. Ugly with misplaced chrome. No 'federal' presence.
Interior: Hit. Massive upgrade from the bland and starkly plastic 2007-2011 interior even on the LE models. Has a luxurious feel to it.
Imho, save the interior, this may just be another big?for nothing. The interlude that makes one appreciate the older model whilst expecting something better from Toyota.
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by Fhemmmy: 12:41am On Aug 17, 2012
Somatic: Exterior: Miss. Looks too much like a corolla or one of these Subarus. Ugly with misplaced chrome. No 'federal' presence.
Interior: Hit. Massive upgrade from the bland and starkly plastic 2007-2011 interior even on the LE models. Has a luxurious feel to it.
Imho, save the interior, this may just be another big?for nothing. The interlude that makes one appreciate the older model whilst expecting something better from Toyota.

That is very true, inasmuch as i wont call it a hit, but it is surely an improvement from what it used to be . . .
Re: The 2012 Toyota Camry - Hit Or Miss? by Kayharry(m): 10:08am On Apr 06, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercedes Is Working On Electric G-Class SUV / 2019 Lamborghini Urus: Five Things We Know / Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.