Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria (60005 Views)

Fani-kayode Writes Open Letter To Buhari On The War Against Boko Haram / APC Has Won The Elections, Except PDP Rigs On The Other Side – Tinubu / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Epalos: 6:03am On Aug 14, 2012
9ja_I_hail: When people kept blaming awo for been the problem the southern Nigeria had yoruban's will rise up for his defense,do anyone noticed through what a true yoruba son said on this article? Fifthly it was the lie that Gowon and the northern leaders fed to Awolowo that he would be made President of the country after the war and after being effectively being made de facto Prime Minister under Gowon during the war that got Awoloo to support them.

Awo shame to u even in grave just because of power, Northerners promised you a president of Nigeria then you decided to use the blood of innocent igbo children and women to buy ur way into the presidency of Nigeria.I love the Northerners for their smartness after the war they made you april fool.
Kill yourself if you want , Awolowo did what was best for his people, I will the same thing if I'm in the situation repeat itself only this time we will make sure not one ibo survive. I say shame to your people from geration to generation.

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Dhelake: 6:08am On Aug 14, 2012
Are this Igbo pple FOOLS .., xo u expect Obasanjo to grant u passage into yoruba land nd u'll start killing them ..... D question i wanna ask is ... Did Ojukwu consult Awolowo b4 d war started? And wat was his response.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by mpumalanga: 6:13am On Aug 14, 2012
onomeasike: if you read the history of the Yorubas,you will know they are naturally gifted in the art of war.They even had their own civil war before the Nigerian civil war!they constitute the greatest number of Africans recruited by britian for the first world war(see BURMA BOY by Philip Barnaby of Aljazeera.Clearly,they are more war-tested than their southern neighbours.It is not an accident that even the biafran forces that made the greatest impact in the biafran war was led by a Yorubaman shocked shocked shocked.Clearly,that it took the Yoruba stopping him was not an accident.A northerner would never had matched the sophistry of Banjo!!

As regards the point where Fani-kayode refered to Awo,clearly,that is an attempt to denigrate Awo.Awo participated in Gowon's govt after Gowon promised to conduct elections and transfer power to the politicians.How Fani-kayode now decietfully infered that the patriotic request Awo made to Gowon automatically means that Awo was promised the presidency is typical Fani-kayode's loquacious personae.If Awo wanted to be the president at all cost,he would not have resigned from Gowon's govt.

He resigned to prepare for the illusive handover.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by mpumalanga: 6:23am On Aug 14, 2012
bayooooooo: In my opinion, the West and East lost the war.

HONOR will follow u always for speaking honorably.

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by kettykin: 6:24am On Aug 14, 2012
you paint the picture that Awolowo had a choice to do otherwise, first he was jailed for treason (a crime he did not commit ) by the north secondly he was compelled to join northerners in the war as against his desire to remain neutral

Epalos: [Awolowo] went to Ibadan and gathered all Yorubas that they should know the war about to commence was between the North and the East, and the Yoruba in the West were not part of it,” he said.

“We received this with shock and the whole Northerners met in Kaduna and we issued them a warning that we heard they (Yoruba) were not part of it and we agreed but we have one demand,” he said.

That condition, according to him was the establishment of a One Mile Corridor. “From Offa which is in our region, from the rail line to the sea (wharf) we declare One Mile Military Corridor, meaning all of them who built houses within One Mile, we will crush down their houses. And nobody will stop our vehicles and vessels from accessing the sea, this we told our Yorubas in Ilorin to tell them. And from that time we never hear them. This is Military Corridor, we of the past hope our children will carry it,” warning that nobody could stop the people of the North, whom he said number 120 million, from accessing the sea.

Kill yourself if you want , Awolowo did what was best for his people, I will the same thing if I'm in the situation repeat itself only this time we will make sure not one ibo survive. I say shame to your people from geration to generation.

The same thing happened to both Obasanjo and MKO , they were jailed by the grand children of the people who made the above statement for crimes they did not commit and were later released but this time there was no Nzeogwu to strike.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Epalos: 6:28am On Aug 14, 2012
Justice is done to this thread, on this note I take my leave n may the ibos keep getting as much whooplng .

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Epalos: 6:34am On Aug 14, 2012
Ibos there is another war brewing, prepare for the new war that is going to consume you cos thiis time. you are going to pay big time.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Katsumoto: 6:36am On Aug 14, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Oh shut up!!! You're a materialistic animal...stripped of the last vestiges of humanity. Look at how you go on about gains and spoils of the war, not minding the millions of innocent lifes that were expended for it. That's all this was about for Awo.....material gain, and all that talk of Biafra coming in to your land and killing Yorubas is just clutching at straws....an after-thought. Even you own kinsman has stated that Biafra sought permission first to take the war to the enemy....an enemy headquarted in Lagos, but was refused by your brother OBJ. What did you expect Biafra to do?.....sit down in the Eastern Region and twiddle their thumbs while the enemy surrounds them and attacks them? You've not heard of the saying that the best form of defence is attack?

Awo would like bastards like you to believe he and the Yoruba elite at the time were neutral at the beginning, yet he allowed the federal forces to be headquartered in Lagos? Why couldn't they go to Kaduna instead to set up shop, then the issue of 'invading your land' wouldn't have arisen. [b]The fact of the matter is that Awo had it in mind to get one over on Biafra/Igbos (whom he saw were too difficult to compete against on a fair basis) regardless of the millions of lifes lost, hence his betrayal and going back on his word after saying that Yorubas would stay neutral but seceed if Biafra [/b]did......Ojukwu seeing him as a gentleman, took him at his word, hence his belief that the war was going to be between Biafra and the blood-sucking Hausa/Fulani hegemony. Awo changed his mind either for the reason above, or some people 'made him' change it, and side with the Nigerian side.

All those northern leaders that were killed.....it's quite sad. But like i always say, a people driven by fairness and justice would have hunted down the coupists responsible and paid them back in their own coin, not go out into the streets and start hunting down and kiiling anyone they can find from the same ethnicity as the murderers. If Awo had seen this pogrom and ethnic-cleansing happen, and still think Biafra/Ndigbo didn't have a legitimate reason not to want to share the same country with such savages, then he's no better than them.

Just look at how ecstatic you are over your belief that your kinsmen got the material gains they sought from betraying good, and siding with evil during the civil war shocked undecided.....the same evil they sided with is coming round full circle to visit the sins of your kinsmen on you and your children as long as there's a God that pays all according to their deeds.....evil can never triumph over good.

First bolded - How did Awo allow Federal forces to be headquartered in Lagos? Was Awo the head of state? What forces were in Lagos? The Lagos Garrison Office had already been moved to join the war when the Biafrans invaded the mid-west.

Second bolded - Its funny how you guys always think that others are trying to compete against you and that you are ahead of others.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Katsumoto: 6:45am On Aug 14, 2012
kettykin: you paint the picture that Awolowo had a choice to do otherwise, first he was jailed for treason (a crime he did not commit ) by the north secondly he was compelled to join northerners in the war as against his desire to remain neutral

Was Azikiwe not part of the government that jailed Awolowo? When the AG sacked Akintola as its premier, was it not Zik's NCNC that started the commotion in the Western House of Assembly, breaking the mace in the process, and leading Balewa to declare state of emergency in the West?

Why don't you guys ever take stock of your actions?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 6:47am On Aug 14, 2012
The long and short of this argument is that the North has the right of passage through the SW and there is nothing the SW can do about it, period.

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 6:48am On Aug 14, 2012
I really have to question the sanity of anyone who takes Fani-kayode's words at face value.
Does that mean you m0r0ns believe his assertion that 'demonic forces' were responsible for the Bellview and SoSoliso crashes?
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Katsumoto: 6:50am On Aug 14, 2012
Yeske!:
The long and short of this argument is that the North has the right of passage through the SW, period.

And when the Northerners want to use the ports in the East, they need to request permission? shocked

Seriously, when will these Biafrans raise their game?
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by born2boink(m): 6:53am On Aug 14, 2012
See history, Dem never born me
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 6:54am On Aug 14, 2012
Epalos: Ibos there is another war brewing, prepare for the new war that is going to consume you cos thiis time. you are going to pay big time.
....and of course the SW will sit and watch from the sideline as usual forgetting that the battleground has already started on their soil.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 6:55am On Aug 14, 2012
PhysicsQED: lmao

Some of you guys are just deeply delusional. You can't even put your finger on what it is that you think should be "confessed" from the Midwest, maybe because you know deep down that they owe you nothing, yet you're waiting desperately for it. Keep waiting but don't pull your grey hairs out in frustration years from now when that "confession" never comes.

You should know Igbos are naturally delusional people or who else do you think would attempt to face Benjamin Adekunle armed with catapult and stones?
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 6:55am On Aug 14, 2012
onomeasike: the ibos wont just put the blame and loss they suffered during the biafra war in the right quarters.clearly,many of them have not learnt any lesson.Would you do as Ojukwu (who was reportedly killed by AIDS) did in and expect to win a war?It is only a foolishman that will do the same thing in the same but expect a different result.The average igboman,even okonkwo character of the things fall apart fame,is more of brawn than brain.War is first fought in the brain,the strategy and humility to disarm ur enemy without his knowing and element of surprise is beyond the ability of average igbomen.If I am igbo,i will rather have the more matured ,beautiful and submissive igbowomen lead a war.These crop of igbos on nairaland are typical empty vessels of the igbos.

Excellent post
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 6:56am On Aug 14, 2012
Katsumoto:

And when the Northerners want to use the ports in the East, they need to request permission? shocked

Seriously, when will these Biafrans raise their game?
Don't quote me, a northern elder talked about a one mile corridor to the sea in the SW and not SE.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 7:03am On Aug 14, 2012
Epalos:
Yeah right, is that why the same people Awo did his best for are now begging to leave Nigeria. So sure Awo will be turning over in his grave now.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Katsumoto: 7:03am On Aug 14, 2012
Yeske!:
Don't quote me, a northern elder talked about a one mile corridor to the sea in the SW and not SE.

And if a Northern elder said you were a fool, you would agree with him just because he is a Northern elder?

3 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 7:09am On Aug 14, 2012
Katsumoto:

And if a Northern elder said you were a fool, you would agree with him just because he is a Northern elder?
Fact remains that there is nothing you or the SW can do about that assertion of that elder even your past leaders did nothing about it.

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by VoodooDoll(m): 7:11am On Aug 14, 2012
An old goat talks rubbish, a less old goat retorts on Facebook of all places and so called intelligent people make a storm out of it.

No region owed any favours to any other region. Chaos happened and opportunists tried to gain advantage, some won, some lost. The people paid with their lives.

Fact: the military elite in the 60s fell out with each other;
Fact: there was a war;
Fact: the war was won and lost;
Fact: we are all still poor and enchained by the military elite; and
Fact: we still prefer to insult each other rather than squarely face this military elite.

3 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 7:13am On Aug 14, 2012
I am indeed thankful and proud to be associated with Benjamin Black Scorpion Adekunle who reduced the coward Biafrans to cockroaches and ants

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Katsumoto: 7:14am On Aug 14, 2012
Yeske!:
Fact remains that there is nothing you or the SW can do about that assertion of that elder even your past leaders did nothing about it.

And if the same elder said that the Sokoto Caliphate conquered Great Britain, you would expect the British to respond to him?

Dude, its not compulsory to comment. If you have nothing intelligent to add, just sit on the sidelines.

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 7:17am On Aug 14, 2012
dayokanu: I am indeed thankful and proud to be associated with Benjamin Black Scorpion Adekunle who reduced the coward Biafrans to cockroaches and ants
Fact remains that you hadn't done justice to the assertion of the northern elder or is it that you are short of words?
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 7:20am On Aug 14, 2012
Katsumoto:

And if the same elder said that the Sokoto Caliphate conquered Great Britain, you would expect the British to respond to him?

Dude, its not compulsory to comment. If you have nothing intelligent to add, just sit on the sidelines.
Kwara is already conquered and the rest of the SW is on their agenda and they had never denied that fact. Go ask the northern elder and not me.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by onyekabe(m): 7:20am On Aug 14, 2012
onomeasike: the ibos wont just put the blame and loss they suffered during the biafra war in the right quarters.clearly,many of them have not learnt any lesson.Would you do as Ojukwu (who was reportedly killed by AIDS) did in and expect to win a war?It is only a foolishman that will do the same thing in the same but expect a different result.The average igboman,even okonkwo character of the things fall apart fame,is more of brawn than brain.War is first fought in the brain,the strategy and humility to disarm ur enemy without his knowing and element of surprise is beyond the ability of average igbomen.If I am igbo,i will rather have the more matured ,beautiful and submissive igbowomen lead a war.These crop of igbos on nairaland are typical empty vessels of the igbos.
We do not need war. We will sit and watch how things will go. Meanwhile our case is before U.N.O I beleive in no distant time we will go our different way.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by onatisi(m): 7:23am On Aug 14, 2012
but pls what relevnce does this story has on todays nigeria problems.we are faced with terrorist organisations killing both yoruba,northerners and ibo,we are faced with a very corrupt political system and bad economy yet we are fighting over the actions of two dead men ,who re already rotten in their grave now.if they made a mistake either willingly or not we should be able to correct it for us to live a better life and to leave a better country or place for our children.

3 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Katsumoto: 7:24am On Aug 14, 2012
naijaking1: Thanks for the education Mr. Fani-Kayode. For a million years here on N/L, many people have argued, confused, and tried to amend pure history, and the truth which you have spoken about, namely:
1. Awolowo agreed to form Odudua republic
2. The SW had no real reason to attack their SE brethren, except for the pressure from the north.
3. Awolowo was promised, decieved, manipulated, and made to believe that the office of the presidency would be given to him if he could get 'people' to help fight against 'Igbos'
4. We know what happened in 1973 when Gowon "promised" to hand over power to Awo, and then again in 1976 when Gowon said he still had a lot to do for Nigeria, and that Nigeria was not ready for Awo.
Why does history always repeat itself?
From Afonja, to Gowon(who) assasinated his principal, to Awo who was so possesed by the idea of ruling Nigeria that he sold his soul, and abandoned the truth and the glorious future of Nigeria, to OBJ who really never had a clue.

BTW, Katsumoto, its good you're online, I like your imput here

1. I am still waiting for one of you chaps to provide supporting data for this agreement to form Odua or secede with Biafra
2. Biafran forces were advancing on the SW; unless you want to argue that no one died from Biafrans advance through the mid-west to Ore, then the SW had every reason to resist the Biafran advance.
3. Where did you get this? Are you also relying on Fanikayode?
4. Please provide more data on these events in 1973 and 1976

I don't get your point with linking Afonja, Gowon, Awo, and OBJ; do you care to elucidate further? As for your comment about OBJ not having a clue, then you clearly do not understand that OBJ is one of the smartest operators Nigeria has ever seen.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Chyz2: 7:31am On Aug 14, 2012
Sokoto Caliphate Territory:

[size=13pt]For those of you lying here, stop deceiving yourselves. It is no secret the Hausa/Fulani conquered Ilorin.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Dhelake: 7:32am On Aug 14, 2012
Katsumoto:

First bolded - How did Awo allow Federal forces to be headquartered in Lagos? Was Awo the head of state? What forces were in Lagos? The Lagos Garrison Office had already been moved to join the war when the Biafrans invaded the mid-west.

Second bolded - Its funny how you guys always think that others are trying to compete against you and that you are ahead of others.
he tire me o ..... Federal forces that had been headquartered in lagos b4 independence ,.... Most of dis igbo dudes gan ... All they knw is to rant
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Katsumoto: 7:32am On Aug 14, 2012
Yeske!:
Kwara is already conquered and the rest of the SW is on their agenda and they had never denied that fact. Go ask the northern elder and not me.

I don't need to ask anyone anything; you are the ones taking the words of a nonentity as gospel.

You guys make assertions and when you are asked to support it, you revert to 'go and ask northern elder or Fani-kayode'.

I ask again, how and when was Kwara conquered? With all this talk of Kwara, one would think Kwara was under foreign occupation.

And what if Kwara was conquered? What great nation hasn't had part or all of its territory under foreign occupation.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by ACM10: 7:33am On Aug 14, 2012
This Fani-Kayode is a God-forsaken revisionist. I suspect that he is a nairalander with Katsumoto handle. Cos both of them regurgitates the same bullshyt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura / Femi Gbajabiamila Gives "Christmas Package" To His Constituents (Pictures) / Ganduje Deploys Security Men To Emir Sanusi's Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.