Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer (41464 Views)

Ultimate Fitness Plan (recover From Flaby Body, Saging Tommy, Shed Excess Weight / How A Person Can Recover From Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by OAM4J: 9:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
[b]Dear Nairalanders,

Please rise to help another Nigerian in dire need; his name is Ubong.

First, we wish to appreciate all who have been generously helping us with many of our cases. God bless you all.

Our last case was on Ayomide; an abandoned child and thanks to you all, it was indeed a success and we are waiting for schools to resume next month and follow up on her progress, suffice to say that Ayomide looks much better right now. We thank you all and God bless you.

Ordinarily we would have loved to conclude Ayomide’s case before bringing up another case but due to the urgency of Ubong’s case we have decided to bring it forward now.

In March this year, Ubong was diagnosed with CANCER OF THE NASAL CAVITY at THE EKO HOSPITALS, Ikeja, Lagos State. This was the culmination of months of illness and running around to different hospitals, which began in September last year when he caught a cold. He thought that it was just the usual attack of the flu virus, but then it lasted for over two weeks, by which time he was quite concerned and a bit apprehensive.

Soon after, his left nostril became blocked, and he could not tolerate anything cold. He proceeded to THE GENERAL HOSPITAL, Randle Avenue, Surulere, Lagos State. He was seen by the doctor and and he purchased & used the prescribed medicine, however, the nostril remained blocked.

In the weeks that followed, he began to suffer frequent nosebleeds and pains in his head, then, on 1st December, 2011, had a profuse nosebleed that would not cease. Friends rushed him to the above-mentioned hospital, and he was treated for the nosebleed.

Subsequently, his left eye began to gradually swell up on a daily basis, until sometime in January when he woke up in the morning and had completely lost vision in that eye. It was at that point that he began to reach out to family (who live in his native state of Akwa-ibom, Nigeria) and friends.
Although the family did as much as they could manage, there wasn't much that they could do, however, some concerned friends put some money together and in the weeks that followed, sent him to various hospitals for consultations, tests and a diagnosis. These hospitals were:

1. LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL(LUTH), Idi-araba, Lagos State
2. MILITARY HOSPITAL, Bonny Camp, Victoria Island, Lagos State
3. EYE FOUNDATION HOSPITAL, Ikeja, Lagos State
4. QUEENS EYE HOSPITAL, Victoria Island, Lagos State
5. MECURE HEALTHCARE LIMITED, Oshodi, Lagos State
6. PREMIER EYE CENTRE, Victoria Island, Lagos State

It was when the condition became critical, in March this year, that he was taken to THE EKO HOSPITALS, Ikeja, Lagos State, where it was eventually diagnosed with cancer of the nasal cavity, and that it was the growth of the cancer that had affected the left eye.

He was prescribed chemotherapy sessions and a session of radiotherapy and friends proceeded to pay for as much as they could. Unfortunately, his last two chemo sessions are coming later than recommended by the hospital, because friends had some difficulty in raising the money. Ubong himself acknowledges that his friends have done so much for him, even much more than expected.

Right now, he needs alternative sources of funds to continue his therapy, and obtain some form of accommodation. He is homeless and has been sleeping on a good Samaritans balcony for a number of years. It is thought that his living arrangements is a Strong causative factor of his illness, and the fact that he is still living there does not help recuperation at all.

He needs to continue the sessions and to get a place to rest after each series of chemo; chemotherapy is a challenging procedure. Unfortunately his treatment has now also stopped due to lack of funds. Each session at the hospital is N111,270

Currently, his basic needs are shelter, chemotherapy sessions, feeding and helping him get back on his feet, because he was unemployed before the ailment.

We cannot put a limit on the total amount he needs, and so we plead that you will give as much as you can to help this suffering young Nigerian. Our aim is to campaign for him for the next 4 weeks and hand over all the funds raised to him.

Please If you want to donate money for this cause and future TeHN projects, kindly leave your email address OR mail: nairalandcharity@gmail.com if you don’t want to post your email here and we will send you the account details.

*Account details will be sent only from nairalandcharity@gmail.com . Please disregard any other account information from any other email

The E-Helpers Network (TeHN)[/b]

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by OAM4J: 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
The last picture is the balcony of a residence where he sleeps.

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by femmy2010(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
Givers certainly never ever lack .
God help us all.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by r231(m): 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2012
Every little helps

God Bless you all
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by ifyalways(f): 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2012
It started from

https://www.nairaland.com/1004660/cancer-nasal-cavity#11639201

May God bless us as we help.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
r231: Every little helps

God Bless you all

Oga mi, shey na the same paypal account as before?
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
May illness of any type nevee be our portion. Kindly assist the gentleman.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by r231(m): 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijababe:

Oga mi, shey na the same paypal account as before?

here you go ma

For PAYPAL, please pay to: nairalandcharity@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
r231:

here you go ma

For PAYPAL, please pay to: nairalandcharity@yahoo.co.uk

Done. I wish Ubong a speedy recovery.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
Hm! Get well soon.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by r231(m): 10:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijababe:

God Bless you

a ma rin yin ba o cheesy
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by Idowuogbo(f): 10:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijababe:

Iya alaje connectionz....Mama ni yen!

Thank u Ma!

@secretary
How far? Make we wire d campaign? cool
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
r231:

God Bless you

a ma rin yin ba o cheesy

Amin o.

Idowuogbo:
Iya alaje connectionz....Mama ni yen!

Thank u Ma!

@secretary
How far? Make we wire d campaign? cool

Iwo omo oni paraga yi o serious o cheesy
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by Idowuogbo(f): 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: Hm! Get well soon.
Okiki international! Talk money language na! D
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by ismhab(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
OPERATOR DID U SAY DECEMBER 2012 AND U WROTE NAIRA AS NARIA.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by Idowuogbo(f): 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
ismhab: OPERATOR DID U SAY DECEMBER 2012 AND U WROTE NAIRA AS NARIA.
Oga gan o! A minor error na hin u con dey shout in capital letters? Anyways..dats not d koko, u need d account number? smiley
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by OAM4J: 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
ismhab: OPERATOR DID U SAY DECEMBER 2012 AND U WROTE NAIRA AS NARIA.

Thanks. Typo corrected.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by manny4life(m): 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
Sent!

I hope my lil contribution helps
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by toluxa1(m): 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
Page shared on facebook, email and BBM. God bless every seed sown.

"The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself." - Prov 11: 25
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by r231(m): 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
manny4life: Sent!

I hope my lil contribution helps

Thank you sir

God Bless
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by remcoface: 11:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
sent
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by r231(m): 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
remcoface: sent

Thank you

God Bless
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by lolaluv1(f): 11:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
L
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by r231(m): 11:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
lola.luv:
Lola.luvs@yahoo.com

sent

thank you
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by mrkels(m): 12:04am On Aug 14, 2012
No alertpay/payza account?
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by r231(m): 12:06am On Aug 14, 2012
mrkels: No alertpay/payza account?

No sir
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by Chiemekaorizu(m): 12:07am On Aug 14, 2012
I am penniless now.Bt d little i can offer is an advice.@poster plz tel d sick bro, i believe dat dia is no disease jesus cannot heal,dia is no burden jesus cannot bear and dia is no problem jesus cannot solve.I believe dat jesus has a gud thought 4 dis brother who is sick.So bro i want 2 advice u 2 hv faith in jesus and believe he can u heal u.I believe u hv heard abt Prophet Tb joshua,plz i wil advice u 2 go 2 scoan and get dia anointing, jst receive it by faith and spray it al ova ur body and u wil receive ur healin.I have seen a man who was healed of postrate cancers 2ru d use of anointin water ,so i believe ur case won't b a diff case.I pray dat God heals u fast bcoz he(God) is a master healer.Jst hav faith and receive ur healin in jesus name.Jst note dat notin is impossible 2 God.Jesus liveth

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by Fhemmmy: 12:08am On Aug 14, 2012
Nice to know that we now have opportunity to give back again . . . God, we bless you for the opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by eugenewilliams: 12:23am On Aug 14, 2012
very sorry!
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by sansid(m): 12:34am On Aug 14, 2012
Let him find his way as fast as possible to the synagogue church. I ve seen worst cases than his been solved. I ve no doubt he wil be healed.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by unipol(m): 12:49am On Aug 14, 2012
Chiemeka orizu: I am penniless now.Bt d little i can offer is an advice.@poster plz tel d sick bro, i believe dat dia is no disease jesus cannot heal,dia is no burden jesus cannot bear and dia is no problem jesus cannot solve.I believe dat jesus has a gud thought 4 dis brother who is sick.So bro i want 2 advice u 2 hv faith in jesus and believe he can u heal u.I believe u hv heard abt Prophet Tb joshua,plz i wil advice u 2 go 2 scoan and get dia anointing, jst receive it by faith and spray it al ova ur body and u wil receive ur healin.I have seen a man who was healed of postrate cancers 2ru d use of anointin water ,so i believe ur case won't b a diff case.I pray dat God heals u fast bcoz he(God) is a master healer.Jst hav faith and receive ur healin in jesus name.Jst note dat notin is impossible 2 God.Jesus liveth

why do you want to turn his case from bad to worse. if you have no money to give, no good advise or prayers to make why not keep your mouth short and be with your TB joshua. this is why these pastors are succeeding, because of many calamities that are befalling our people. shame to all scammers including you and ur tb joshua.

please poster and organisers of this Godly and wonderful project, if the money realised here is going to be spent in that scam centre called synagogue of all nation then i am out of this place.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 14, 2012
It will be well amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help!! Skin Reactions On Her Neck (Disturbing Photo) / How Burantashi Killed My Best Friend / Help!! Weed Has Damaged The Brain Of My Brother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.