Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,365 members, 7,957,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:43 AM

An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland (1121 Views)

Re: Tonyebarcanista Has Betrayed Yorubas For Apologising To Ndi-igbo / Audio Confirming Oba Of Lagos's Statements To Ndi Igbo / Someone Should List Out Jonathan Achievements To Ndi-igbo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
Maybe you do not know this, but many people in Igboland regard GEJ as nwa afo Igbo. For
all intents and purposes, he is the closest an Igbo man will ever come to becoming an
elected President of Nigeria. If you think Rochas Okorocha, Orji Uzor Kalu, Achike Udenwa
or any other Igbo man will win the presidency in 2015 or thereafter, then you do not
understand the demography and political power structure of Nigeria. As we all know, GEJ
became president by accident. If Yar'adua were still alive today, he will never be president
Take it from me, an Igbo man will never win the presidency in Nigeria under any political
party (even the PDP).

Many of us here have formed the habit of insulting GEJ daily. We blame him or his wife for
everything that goes wrong in Nigeria. He is blamed for the Dana Air Crash, Boko Haram,
lack of electricity, transportation, good roads, water, you name it. I’m sure we will also
blame him for the inability of our athletes to win a single medal at the Olympics. Remember
Nigeria’s problems preceded GEJ and they will still be there long after his tenure is over.
As one of our proverbs says “If you keep insulting your brother, soon others will learn from
you and start insulting him too”.

It is okay to offer constructive criticism of GEJ’s leadership. But to come here everyday
and complain about everything is simply giving ammunition to those that want him to fail.
And those that want him to fail have only one singular purpose and that is to attain power
for themselves. Finally for those who keep calling for a return of the military, be careful
what you wish for because you might get it. Military rule is not a walk in the park. If
you were not of age during the past military rules, ask your elders what it felt like.
Don’t forget to ask them about Decree 4.
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
Get a life!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by talktrue1(m): 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
In your last paragraph, you said that we should be careful on what we wish but in your first paragraph, you already wish that Igbos can never win president in Nigeria.

Your prayer will never work. I hope to become Nigeria's president at Gods appointed time by any means God chooses
If your are not dreaming big, others are
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
talk true: In your last paragraph, you said that we should be careful on what we wish but in your first paragraph, you already wish that Igbos can never win president in Nigeria.

You didn't read it right. In the last paragraph, I was referring to those who keep calling
for a return to military rule. I'm sure you do not want that even if you think GEJ is a
"retar/d or retard" as they refer to him around here.
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by Lordave: 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
What has he done to stop the slaughtering of your fellow Igbo brothers in the north?
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 4:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
Lordave: What has he done to stop the slaughtering of your fellow Igbo brothers in the north?

The almighty American military was unable to stop suicide bombers from terrorizing them and
the people of Iraq and Afghanistan. How do you stop a suicide bomber?
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by Elueme: 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
True talk my bro.. Ignorance can cause so many things. If only they under stand the politics in this country , many won't be toying this path. However, we ll continue to make them see the hand writing on the wall
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by achi4u(m): 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
We need to see the presidency in him or better still learn from Sirlef Johnson of Liberia____A woman!
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by achi4u(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
Yes GEJ is not an igboman,if atall he's igbo... we consider such person as an outcast cos he failed to hear our many cries.
2015 is pregnant,only baba God knows what its going to deliver.
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 5:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
achi4u: We need to see the presidency in him or better still learn from Sirlef Johnson of Liberia____A woman!

Liberia has a population of 4 Million people. Nigeria has 150 Million. So there is no basis
to compare both countries.
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by Clerverly: 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
I dont care where the next president comes from, all i need or want to see is good governance. Ask yorubas or Hausas what they benefitted from PDP when their so-called ethnic brothers were at the helm of affairs. Let us stop all these nonsensical mentality cos rather than move us fowards it drags us ages backwards. Yes I am full-bloodied Igbo man but i'm totally against ethnicity and tribalism. PDP use this formular to divide us whenever elections approach in order to continue to siphon our patrimony and the ealier we open our eyes the better for us and our children.
I rest my case...Onye nwere nti ya nuru!! E keleem!!!!

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
Clerverly: Ask yorubas or Hausas what they benefitted from PDP when their so-called ethnic brothers were at helms of affairs.

You have unwittingly helped me make my point. If the Yorubas and Hausas did not benefit when
their ethnic brothers were in power, why are we expecting GEJ to be different. What that
simply shows is that Nigeria's problem is systemic. It does not lie on the individual head
of state. So let's stop blaming GEJ for every little thing.
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by engrtee(f): 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
If d letter was for ibos alone, u would have writen it in ibo language
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
engrtee: If d letter was for ibos alone, u would have writen it in ibo language

That's why it's called an open letter. Anybody is free to read it.
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by RickyRoss1(m): 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
BizBooks: Maybe you do not know this, but many people in Igboland regard GEJ as nwa afo Igbo. For
all intents and purposes, he is the closest an Igbo man will ever come to becoming an
elected President of Nigeria. If you think Rochas Okorocha, Orji Uzor Kalu, Achike Udenwa
or any other Igbo man will win the presidency in 2015 or thereafter, then you do not
understand the demography and political power structure of Nigeria. As we all know, GEJ
became president by accident. If Yar'adua were still alive today, he will never be president
Take it from me, an Igbo man will never win the presidency in Nigeria under any political
party (even the PDP).

Many of us here have formed the habit of insulting GEJ daily. We blame him or his wife for
everything that goes wrong in Nigeria. He is blamed for the Dana Air Crash, Boko Haram,
lack of electricity, transportation, good roads, water, you name it. I’m sure we will also
blame him for the inability of our athletes to win a single medal at the Olympics. Remember
Nigeria’s problems preceded GEJ and they will still be there long after his tenure is over.
As one of our proverbs says “If you keep insulting your brother, soon others will learn from
you and start insulting him too”.

It is okay to offer constructive criticism of GEJ’s leadership. But to come here everyday
and complain about everything is simply giving ammunition to those that want him to fail.
And those that want him to fail have only one singular purpose and that is to attain power
for themselves. Finally for those who keep calling for a return of the military, be careful
what you wish for because you might get it. Military rule is not a walk in the park. If
you were not of age during the past military rules, ask your elders what it felt like.
Don’t forget to ask them about Decree 4.

GOOD POST. BUT BROTHER, CHECK THE RECORDS, IT IS THE YOROBAHS FOOOLS THAT KEEP INSULTING GEJ. CHECK ALL ONLINE FORUMS, INCLUDING NAIRALAND, IT IS THE YOROBAH THUGS THAT INVENTED NAMES LIKE RETARDEEN FOR GEJ.

THESE FOOLLS BLAME GEJ FOR EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN NIGERIA TODAY. IF A CAR CRASHES IN LAGOS NA GEJ FAULT, NIGERIA DID NOT WIN ANY MEDAL AT THE OLYMPICS BC OF GEJ, IF MOSQUITO BITE THEM IN THEIR HOUSE NA GEJ AND HIS WIFE CAUSE AM, IF NEPA TAKE LIGHT NA GEJ CAUSE AM. I KNOW NIGERIA IS FACING SERIOUS SECURITY CHALLENGES AT THIS TIME, BUT LETS BE HONEST WITH OURSELVES. NIGERIANS HAS NEVER ENJOYED ELECTRICITY LIKE WE DO AT THIS TIME. I WAS RECENTLY IN ENUGU FOR 2 WEEKS AND THE LIGHT DID NOT BLINK TILL I LEFT THE STATE, THERE IS STEADY ELECTRICITY IN MY VILLAGE IN IMO STATE, IN PORT HARCOURT ELECTRICITY LASTS MORE THAN 18 HOURS IN MOST PARTS OF THE CITY, SOME PARTS OF PHC ENJOY 24 HOURS, THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED IN NIGERIA BEFORE. IT IS ONLY THE SHAMELESS FOOLS WHO WANT TO BRING THIS GOVERNMENT DOWN THAT BLAME GEJ FOR EVERYTHING...

GEJ HAS DONE BETTER THAT THEIR OLD, DIRTY, EXTREMELY GREEDY, EXTREMELY UGLY AND BLOATED BROTHER OBASANJO. THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS OBJ WASTED TENS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON ELECTRICITY AND WE DIDNT ADD ANY KILO WATTS OF ELECTRICITY. THESE CLOWNS DIDNT COMPLAIN WHEN OBJ WAS RULING. TELL ME THE SIN GEJ HAS COMMITTED THAT YARASLOW AND OBJ DIDNT COMMIT?

WE ALL KNOW THIS BOKO HARAM OF A THING IS SIMPLY BECAUSE A NIGER DELTAN IS RULING NIGERIA. REMOVE THIS BOKO HARAM AND U WILL NOTICE THIS ADMINISTRATION IS NOT DOING BADLY WHEN COMPARED WITH OBJ AND YARADUA. NIGERIA IS MOVING FORWARD. WHEN OBJ WAS IN POWER MY CONTAINERS STAYED ON THE SEAPORT FOR 4 WEEKS, BUT RIGHT NOW I GET MY GOODS WITHIN 1 DAY ONCE THE SHIP ARRIVES NIGERIA. WHY ARE THESE FOOLS NOT SAYING THE GOOD STRIDES OF THIS GOVERNMENT WHY FOCUS ONLY ON THE NEGATIVE?

PERSONALLY, I HAVE NEVER INSULTED GEJ, THERE IS NO POINT FOR ME TO DO THAT. THE BEST THING I CAN DO AS A LAW ABIDING CITIZEN OF NIGERIA, IS TO TRY MY BEST TO CONTRIBUTE MY QUOTA TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS GREAT NATION. COMING ON THE INTERNET TO CALL GEJ NAMES CANNOT HELP ANYONE. THE IDIIOTS WHO ARE CALLING HIM NAMES ARE POOR FOOLS WHO CAN NEVER BE SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE. THE IDIOTS WHO INSULT GEJ WIFE ABOUT POOR USE OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARE NOT BETTER, WE ALL KNOW THESE FOOLS CANNOT PASS WAEC, WE ALL KNOW OVER 80% OF THEM FORGE/BUY SCHOOL RESULTS/CERTIFICATES TO LOOK GOOD ON THE OUTSIDE.

ASK THESE CLOWNS WHAT HAVE THEY DONE FOR NIGERIA? I PERSONALLY MOVED ALL MY BUSINESSES FROM GHANA TO NIGERIA. I TRY MY BEST TO CONTRIBUTE MY QUOTA IN A LITTLE WAY. WHAT HAVE THESE IDIOTS DONE OTHER THAT USE FREE INTERNET AND RANT ENDLESSLY? I AM BORED BY THEIR RETARDEEN RANTINGS, THEY NEED TO INVENT NEW NAMES COZ RETARDEEN IS NOW OUTDATED.

DONT GET ME WRONG, I BELIEVE IN CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I AM AN ARDENT ADMIRER OF GOVERNOR ROCHAS, I HAVE BEEN ONLINE TO PRAISE HIM ON MANY FORUMS, BUT I WAS DISAPPOINTED WHEN I VISITED MY VILLAGE FEW MONTHS AGO TO NOTICE MOST OF THE MASSIVE ROADS GOING ON IN ALL VILLAGES IN IMO STATE HAS BEEN ABANDONED BY THE CONTRACTORS BC THEY WERE BEING OWED. MY VILLAGE ROAD CONTRACT WAS GIVEN TO ROCHAS FRIEND WHO HAILS FROM MY KINDRED. I AM NOT AGAINST HIM, BUT HOW SURE ARE WE THAT THERE WAS COMPETITIVE BIDDING PROCESS? I AM PRESENTLY TAKING PICTURES OF THESE ROADS IN MANY PARTS OF IMO STATE, I AM TAKING RECORD OF THINGS AND WILL MAKE A CONSTRUCTIVE POST ABOUT ROCHAS WHEN I RETURN FROM GHANA IN 8 DAYS TIME.

AS A PROUD NIGERIAN, IF YOU NOTICE ANY AREAS WHERE THE GOVT SHOULD IMPROVE, WHY NOT SAY IT OUT INSTEAD OF CALLING YOUR PRESIDENT REDARDEEN, CAN ANYONE IN YOUR GENERATION EVER GONNA BE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA IN THIS CENTURY? WHAT DO THESE CLOWNS GET FROM CALLING GEJ NAMES DIRTY SMELLY TOOTHLESS BULDOGS....
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by Dede1(m): 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
@OP

You can shove Nigerian presidency where Sun light does not reach. Anybody true Igbo man who wished to be the president of the cesspit called Nigeria should be shot.
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by Lordave: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
BizBooks:

The almighty American military was unable to stop suicide bombers from terrorizing them and
the people of Iraq and Afghanistan. How do you stop a suicide bomber?
can you compare the level of terrorism in Nigeria with the one in USA? How much was allocated to security in this year's annual budget?
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
Lordave: can you compare the level of terrorism in Nigeria with the one in USA? How much was allocated to security in this year's annual budget?

Terrorism in the US is almost non-existent. So I was not talking about terrorism in the US.
Rather I was talking about the massive loss of lives suffered by the US military during their
occupation of Iraq at the hands of suicide bombers.
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 10:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ricky_Ross:
DONT GET ME WRONG, I BELIEVE IN CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I AM AN ARDENT ADMIRER OF GOVERNOR ROCHAS, I HAVE BEEN ONLINE TO PRAISE HIM ON MANY FORUMS, BUT I WAS DISAPPOINTED WHEN I VISITED MY VILLAGE FEW MONTHS AGO TO NOTICE MOST OF THE MASSIVE ROADS GOING ON IN ALL VILLAGES IN IMO STATE HAS BEEN ABANDONED BY THE CONTRACTORS BC THEY WERE BEING OWED. MY VILLAGE ROAD CONTRACT WAS GIVEN TO ROCHAS FRIEND WHO HAILS FROM MY KINDRED. I AM NOT AGAINST HIM, BUT HOW SURE ARE WE THAT THERE WAS COMPETITIVE BIDDING PROCESS? I AM PRESENTLY TAKING PICTURES OF THESE ROADS IN MANY PARTS OF IMO STATE, I AM TAKING RECORD OF THINGS AND WILL MAKE A CONSTRUCTIVE POST ABOUT ROCHAS WHEN I RETURN FROM GHANA IN 8 DAYS TIME.

This is interesting. Post the pictures when they are ready so we can see if Rochas is really
effective or not.
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 10:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
Dede1: @OP

You can shove Nigerian presidency where Sun light does not reach. Anybody true Igbo man who wished to be the president of the cesspit called Nigeria should be shot.

Are you serious? Show me one Igbo man that will not love to be the President of Nigeria.
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by RickyRoss1(m): 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
BizBooks:

This is interesting. Post the pictures when they are ready so we can see if Rochas is really
effective or not.

Rochas is God sent if only he will maintain the momentum, he is the best thing to happen to Imo State after Mbakwe. My fear is that he may not be able to finish what he started. for example, the road construction is just too many, in my village we got 3, in my maternal home there is 3 as well, some villages got up to 4 road projects. The downside i noticed, i was told there was no kind of contract agreement between the state govt and the contractors. Another point is some of the contractors are not being monitored. For example, one of the road contracts in my village is up to standard, bc the contractor is one multi millionaire that does multi million dollar contracts for NNPC and LNG, so this guy has enough funds to build any kind of road. But the other 2 contractors are below average, they just poured red mud everywhere, no drainage.

Another source of concern is SECURITY. The rate of kidnapping in Imo State is alarming. I heard some greedy politicians are sponsoring bandits to make the state ungovernable for the governor, just like boko haram is making life miserable for GEJ. I will post pics of both the good sides and bad sides.
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by wissezy: 11:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
@op i bet u are one dysfuntional modaphuker that has lost hes purpose in this life.
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by CyberG: 1:38am On Aug 15, 2012
achi4u: Yes GEJ is not an igboman,if atall he's igbo... we consider such person as an outcast cos he failed to hear our many cries.
2015 is pregnant,only baba God knows what its going to deliver.

Laff wan wound me @ this post! It will deliver what it has been delivering: bombs, bombs and boom, booom, boom everywhere!! grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Ndi Igbo On Nairaland by CyberG: 1:42am On Aug 15, 2012
Dede1: @OP

So you will also shoot ojuku your god or did he not also contest under apga?? Delusional dede1 grin grin grin cool cool Or maybe you are more biafraish than him undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Ethiopia Gets First Boeing 787 Dreamliner In Africa: Lesson For Nigeria? / A Must-read: The North Is Burning! Who Will Help? / Akpabio Seeks N80bn Additional Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.