Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa (7547 Views)

My Ordeal With Customs And Quarantine Officers At Emirates Airline Desk MMIA / All Airports In Nigeria Will Be Shut Sunday Midnight - Aviation Unions / 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by baqina(m): 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
The Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, Nigeria has been rated among the 10 top Biggest Airports in Africa.

The report featured on Ventures Africa by Tom Jackson described the MMIA  Airport as a major airport in Africa, serving the country, with 6.3 million passengers a year.

The airport’s international terminal modeled after Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, officially opened in March 1979, and today is the main base for Nigeria’s flag carrier airlines, Air Nigeria, First Nation and Arik Air, Jackson said.

The article also featured four South African airports with over 22.1 million passengers passing through each year (OR Tambo International Airport, Cape Town International Airport, King Shaka International Airport, Durban, and Port Elizabeth International Airport) have been described as Africa’s biggest and busiest.

The Egypt airspace was not left out as the annual passenger  records is put at a 35.5 million. The three airports (Cairo International Airport, Sharm El-Sheikh International Airport and Hurghada International Airport) has over the years established a reputation as Africa’s premier international award-winning airports, consistently performing among the best in the world in terms of customer service, the report noted.

Crucial to Africa’s economic development is its infrastructure, particularly its transport network. And with the potential boon of tourism, African nations must make sure they have top quality airports to attract and deal with large numbers of visitors. Many are already in place, according to Jackson.

By Citizensplatform

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2012/08/the-10-biggest-airports-in-africa/
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by PhysicsQED(m): 12:36am On Aug 15, 2012
Among the "biggest" not among the "best."

Maybe someday it can be the among the best though.

1 Like

Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 15, 2012
Didn't you just say in Africa? It means it's the best of the worst.
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by ismhab(m): 12:42am On Aug 15, 2012
AND RATED AMONGST 10,000 IN THE WORLD, THIS IS NIGERIA, ELEPHANT OF AFRICA.
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by Nwoka(m): 12:44am On Aug 15, 2012
Self-wash....
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by Agiliti(m): 12:46am On Aug 15, 2012
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by stupor(m): 12:50am On Aug 15, 2012
May be they meant ! Military Markets International Alaba

I am very sure its not the Airport !

!

1 Like

Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by knotty(m): 12:57am On Aug 15, 2012
So what do i do with this piece of garbage? We like to celebrate mediocrity in this clime.
We easily forget who we were, where we were coming from and dwell on our current pitiable sorry state.
How sad that our lions are beginning to eat grass.
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by shadrach77: 1:03am On Aug 15, 2012
stupor: May be they meant ! Military Markets International Alaba

I am very sure its not the Airport !

!
now, this is funny! grin grin grin
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by oiseworld: 1:07am On Aug 15, 2012
i don't get it, was he talking about size or amount of passengers who use the airport yearly?
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by Siga: 1:55am On Aug 15, 2012
This man need to go back to Journalism school....this article or watever is pretty vague....is he talking about size of the airport, number of gates, terminals or wat..... undecided
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by Fiawest(m): 5:16am On Aug 15, 2012
Big for nothing....na Airport be MMIA??with 1 n half runway??
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by Chanchit: 5:19am On Aug 15, 2012
The list was up to ten, so Nigeria could take the 10th position, why not make the list short and simple by making it jst top 3
Gold
Silver
Bronze
No medal for 4th sef, talkless of number 10..
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by tiwasiaife(m): 5:52am On Aug 15, 2012
This man was bribed to make this statement
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by postemail: 6:17am On Aug 15, 2012
Murtala Airport is a shame. Two months ago they were doing manual check-in because FAAN and a company were having a dispute. It took hours to check-in. Horrible airport. You still have to pull your shoes and walk the dirty floor barefoot for screening.
Officials and check-in staff are always in your face demanding money. "goodday sir, anything for us?" " oya do something, today na weekend ."
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 15, 2012
Rubbish!!,

Only top 10? not even top 3 ?

Only in Africa?

Abeg who put this nonsense on the front page?
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by werepeLeri: 7:29am On Aug 15, 2012
As expected - Nigerians rubbish anything that seems to praise sing the country Nigeria. Yet many of them has not even left their cocoon to compare what Nigeria has with anything else around the world. How many of them don even enter MMA before self? Soon enough, they will be saying Ghana's airport is better than MMA - when in fact, the Accra airport is not even comparable to MMA2, the local wing of MMA. How many airports worldwide have they been to? None.

3 Likes

Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by werepeLeri: 7:31am On Aug 15, 2012
post.email:
Murtala Airport is a shame. Two months ago they were doing manual check-in because FAAN and a company were having a dispute. It took hours to check-in. Horrible airport. You still have to pull your shoes and walk the dirty floor barefoot for screening.
Officials and check-in staff are always in your face demanding money. "goodday sir, anything for us?" " oya do something, today na weekend ."

Even at Heathrow - you have to remove your god damn shoe- even if it is made of gold.

2 Likes

Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by solomon111(m): 7:43am On Aug 15, 2012
werepeLeri:

Even at Heathrow - you have to remove your god damn shoe- even if it is made of gold.
my brother,i tire for Nigerians o.
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by werepeLeri: 7:52am On Aug 15, 2012
solomon111: my brother,i tire for Nigerians o.

I sometimes weep at their stoopidity.

1 Like

Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by alexola20(m): 8:16am On Aug 15, 2012
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by tigerleggs(m): 8:33am On Aug 15, 2012
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by tigerleggs(m): 8:35am On Aug 15, 2012
alexola20:
It's the biggest as per the amount of passengers,agbero and touts who use the airport.Not about anything else.
The worst airport that I know.
Tnx 4 ur stu.pidity
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by ZUBY77(m): 8:38am On Aug 15, 2012
among the busiest and biggest in handling passengers. Nothing more.
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 15, 2012
Top 10 in Africa?

Are we supposed to clap for ourselves for this?
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by werepeLeri: 8:53am On Aug 15, 2012
GenBuhari: Top 10 in Africa?

Are we supposed to clap for ourselves for this?

Cry instead.

What have you contributed to Nigeria to make it anything better?
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by PGON(m): 8:56am On Aug 15, 2012
We are in a global village. Information age. All we can think of is measuring ourselves with other fellows Africa. Let's go global.
what is our position in the world.
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by clip: 9:21am On Aug 15, 2012
Why do we find it difficult it believe in ourselves?

1 Like

Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by executinal(m): 10:02am On Aug 15, 2012
This na fail na. Not even top 3, but though biggest i understand. GIANT OF AFRICA grin grin
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by drnoel: 10:03am On Aug 15, 2012
if its among the fist 10 in africa it then means that this continet called africa does not have any places to land planes that can be worth calling an airport. Pity be i heard someone call MMA 1 & 2 airstrips.
Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by memorycard1: 10:31am On Aug 15, 2012
I Think topics like dis one is meant 4 pple who ve used airports widely 2 comment nd not 4 pple who only see plane on d sky.

Pls if u ve not bn 2 an airport, wait until we start talking abt God is Good , ABC, D Young Shall Grow nd Ekene parks so dat u can make a correct nd effectiv comments.

Naija airports though not excellent, but I tink they re better dan wait some of us re painting. I luv Naija my country coz I ve got got no oda one.

3 Likes

Re: MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa by postemail: 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
werepeLeri:

Pulling off shoes for screening is not the issue. MMIA floors are dirty compared to Heathrow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

1.6 Million Vehicles Ply Lagos Roads Daily – Transport Commissioner / Route Map Of New Nigeria Coastal Rail (Lagos - Calabar) / How Much Is Flight Ticket From Nigeria To Liberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.