Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) (6330 Views)

I Was Shocked With What I Saw Today!!! / Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? / How To Configure China Mobile Phones For Internet Browsing In All Nigerian Mobil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by ITSOLUTIONS: 9:57am On Aug 15, 2012
Am sure with this steve job will surely be shouting in his grave ''i said it, but you wouldnt just listen''. this was one big difference between iOS and Android. read below.

We announced last November that we are focusing our work with Flash on PC browsing and mobile apps packaged with Adobe AIR, and will be discontinuing our development of the Flash Player for mobile browsers. This post provides an update on what this means for ongoing access to the Flash Player browser plugin for Android in the Google Play Store.

The Flash Player browser plugin integrates tightly with a device’s browser and multimedia subsystems (in ways that typical apps do not), and this necessitates integration by our device ecosystem partners. To ensure that the Flash Player provides the best possible experience for users, our partner program requires certification of each Flash Player implementation. Certification includes extensive testing to ensure web content works as expected, and that the Flash Player provides a good user experience. Certified devices typically include the Flash Player pre-loaded at the factory or as part of a system update.

Devices that don’t have the Flash Player provided by the manufacturer typically are uncertified, meaning the manufacturer has not completed the certification testing requirements. In many cases users of uncertified devices have been able to download the Flash Player from the Google Play Store, and in most cases it worked. However, with Android 4.1 this is no longer going to be the case, as we have not continued developing and testing Flash Player for this new version of Android and its available browser options. There will be no certified implementations of Flash Player for Android 4.1.

Beginning August 15th we will use the configuration settings in the Google Play Store to limit continued access to Flash Player updates to only those devices that have Flash Player already installed. Devices that do not have Flash Player already installed are increasingly likely to be incompatible with Flash Player and will no longer be able to install it from the Google Play Store after August 15th.
https://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/06/flash-player-and-android-update.html
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Uchenna42(m): 10:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
This topic is appearing 3 tyms on the front page.......mods do something ASAP....
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
i expect loads of HTML5 loyalist to flood here very soon.
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Acidosis(m): 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
This is unfair. . .and its not making any sense.
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
Steve jobs will be shouting from his grave?
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by lordZOUGA(m): 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
its flash player dumbo
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by amosy007: 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
Abeg dey should discontinue d thing on pc too jare.. It always freeze d system especially when ur pc is not powerful
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Ayomi088(m): 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
Abeg... I don't understand what this means.... Could sum1 pulease xplain in a lay man's language coolAbeg... I don't understand what this means.... Could sum1 pulease xplain in a lay man's language
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by ebamma(m): 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ayomi088: Abeg... I don't understand what this means.... Could sum1 pulease xplain in a lay man's language coolAbeg... I don't understand what this means.... Could sum1 pulease xplain in a lay man's language
in a layman's term it means that you are not supposed to be on the internet if you do not know what a flash player is

4 Likes

Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by IamFenriz(m): 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2012
Yup! Thats why Apple never bothered to have the tehnology integrated within the iphones safari browser! Steve!!!! Man wey sabi!!!
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by amosy007: 10:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ayomi088: Abeg... I don't understand what this means.... Could sum1 pulease xplain in a lay man's language coolAbeg... I don't understand what this means.... Could sum1 pulease xplain in a lay man's language
adobe flash player is a software that u download and install on ur system which allows ur internet explorer and other browsers like google chrome, mozila etc to stream videos frm sites like youtube etc.. It also allow u to view site and images created with flash
...hope that is helpful

3 Likes

Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Ayomi088(m): 10:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
[ebamma]in a layman's term it means that you are not supposed to be on the internet if you do not know what a flash player is

ebamma abi wetin u call urself.....must u always open yah mouth 2 talk.....if u don't have anything reasonable 2 say, then sharap nd let people with common sense speak. Wher did i mention that i don't know what flash player means

4 Likes

Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
I_am_Fenriz: Yup! Thats why Apple never bothered to have the tehnology integrated within the iphones safari browser! Steve!!!! Man wey sabi!!!

iPhone - iPad - iGood - iBuy - iUse - iLaugh - iWin

I wonder what Samsung will say about this. cheesy grin cheesy apple winks.
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Ayomi088(m): 10:58pm On Aug 15, 2012
amosy007:
adobe flash player is a software that u download and install on ur system which allows ur internet explorer and other browsers like google chrome, mozila etc to stream videos frm sites like youtube etc.. It also allow u to view site and images created with flash
...hope that is helpful

thank u o jare beta person........waz only trying 2 know d reason why they won't be a certified implementation on Android 4.1
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by ITSOLUTIONS: 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
~Bluetooth:

iPhone - iPad - iGood - iBuy - iUse - iLaugh - iWin

I wonder what Samsung will say about this. cheesy grin cheesy apple winks.
This has nothing much to do with samsung rather it is the OS makers namely android(google), symbian, meego, WP and the likes.
Most phones manufacturer including apple have the hardware capability to run adobe flash (excluding most nokia phones), except limited by the OS eg iOS.
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
Flash player is a plugin (like a software) that u download into ur browser to make u view flash content. Flash content include stream videos, audio, graphics, drop down menus etc.. The problem with these flash content is that they are optimised for desktop and not for mobile devices (e.g tablets, phones etc) ...That is a device with a trackpad or mouse like a laptop or desktop computer where u cn hover with ur mouse pointer, point, drag and click all of which are not possible on a touchscreen fone or tablet. A new standard which is optimized for both desktop and mobile was therefore developed i.e html5.This is to supersede flash.

2 Likes

Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by menace2: 11:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
Will it be possible to have this new html5 on my techno 4sim phone, i rlly need to be watching comin epl on it.
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by softtouch2(m): 11:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
Flash player might give you a lovely browsing experience, but Flash plugins are also use in injecting codes for hacking. Microsoft won't forget such attack very easily.
Flash plugins "drink" your mobile data bundles like camel, and mobile phones running flash player embedded browser add to crazy battery drain.
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by amosy007: 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
menace2: Will it be possible to have this new html5 on my techno 4sim phone, i rlly need to be watching comin epl on it.
4 sims? Choi dis one don pass china phone o..lol.. Just kidding
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
I_am_Fenriz: Yup! Thats why Apple never bothered to have the tehnology integrated within the iphones safari browser! Steve!!!! Man wey sabi!!!

In the software industry, there is no limitation. it's all about the 1s and 0s
Apple never had a problem integrating it, It's just that Steve needed to give dumb people a "sound good" reason to prevent flash on the Iphone/Ipad/Ipod
if flash ever made it on the iProducts, Apple will go broke. You wont buy from apple store, rather download flash games from any website.

Has apple given you an explanation as to why you cant use your iphone's extra Gigabyte to store files, or share mp3 files whether via bluetooth or wifi or drag and drop on windows?

A company that developed an operating system from scratch, to do "exactly" what they wanted it to do,
cannot build in a better flash player but can build a better video player with HD support

many companies out there have not only built a flash replica but are able to decompile flash files and give you back the source code.
adobe has proven it can work on mobile, their reasons for discontinuing it is not far. there are many mobile devices out there, and upgrades comes often with major changes. how will they keep up?

3 Likes

Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Nobody: 4:08am On Aug 16, 2012
Mehn. . .Just in time for the next iPhone 5 rollout. shocked shocked

But duh, Adobe lazy and all, OR are they thinking of rolling out some "paid" platform? undecided
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Sike(m): 4:48am On Aug 16, 2012
KKK
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by dejiswaggs(m): 5:43am On Aug 16, 2012
Adobe Why! Why! Why! It is not good ohh!! Choi! See Bad Market! ;(
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by KINGwax(m): 7:02am On Aug 16, 2012
amosy007: Abeg dey should discontinue d thing on pc too jare.. It always freeze d system especially when ur pc is not powerful
you still using your pentium 1?
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Xion: 8:17am On Aug 16, 2012
I don't c y dis is causing fuss, there are other alternatives out there which I'm sure android developers are not blind to see, adobe covered the market with their name & goodwill, that didn't bring to light the other wonderful alts. Necessity is the mother of invention, something big is coming very soon, such announcement won't be made without a backup plan for d developers, its not a thing of shock to them.

You think they'll dump the production n sales of more smartphones because of adobe's decision, think again
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by francis247(m): 9:45am On Aug 16, 2012
This means that with exemption to PCs, only devices and smartphones that come with adobe flash player plugins preinstalled by its manufacturer will be able to view and play flash content, and those that didn't and was downloaded from google play would henceforth be discontinued. You may check the list of such devices on adobe's blog below. www.adobe.com/devnet-apps/flashruntimes/certified-devices.html
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by Adolak(m): 10:41am On Aug 16, 2012
I'm not concerned. Na nokia 3310 i dey use. Lol
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by amosy007: 10:43am On Aug 16, 2012
KINGwax: you still using your pentium 1?
nope am using cobol
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by deloon(m): 12:20pm On Aug 16, 2012
^^ I hope you know Pentium 1 is a version of intel processors and COBOL is a programming language
Re: Adobe Stop Flash Support For Mobile Phones (JOB SAW IT) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
hmmmmm! so all this was just a flash in the pan?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Regret Buying This Overrated Phone / Fake SIM Registration Agents On The Prowl / How To Get Unlimited Download On My Etisalat Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.