Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Wireless Lan - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Wireless Lan (1985 Views)

Wireless Lan Hacking Tool / How To Hack Wireless/lan Networks / How To Connect 2 Systems Via Wireless Lan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wireless Lan by Wysiwyg: 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2007
Hey I was wondering, resided at ikeja before and used to see some available wireless connections on my laptop computer but since I've relocated to agege, 've not seen any available one. The main question is: is there a way to get those connections back maybe through an external antenna or dish or something? Is it feasible? Opinions and answers will really be appreciated please.
Re: Wireless Lan by Iyomike(m): 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2007
wink Wireless hotspots are created within a coverage area by a private owned wireless transmitter.
What you were seeing is probably a company's signal based in ikeja.
It does not float everywhere in the air.
Re: Wireless Lan by uspry1(f): 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2007
Or use wireless lan for connecting two pcs or two laptop sharing. It floats maximum 500 feet to each other pcs/laptop in your house. For example first desktop pc is located downstair in the living room with first main wireless lan and the second desktop pc with wireless lan adapter or receiver is located upstair in your master bedroom.

The second desktop pc is transmitting from downstair hooking network connectivity!!! Same with two laptops, perfect for husband and wife that has each laptop, that is what wireless lan card for each pc/laptop is for.

Vice versa for one desktop pc and the other is laptop too!!!

I have two desktop pc and one laptop around house, two wireless lan cards (one for desktop pc and one for laptop) hooking up from one main desktop pc using high speed internet router that acts as a host transmitting to both wireless lan cards. All three wireless lan network has different IP addresses from main host network connection set up. It WORKS FINE!!!
Re: Wireless Lan by oldie(m): 1:12am On Dec 27, 2007
Wysiwyg:

Hey I was wondering, resided at ikeja before and used to see some available wireless connections on my laptop computer but since I've relocated to agege, 've not seen any available one. The main question is: is there a way to get those connections back maybe through an external antenna or dish or something? Is it feasible? Opinions and answers will really be appreciated please.

It is possible
But you must know the frquency bands and the approx location of the wireless source
You then need a high gain directional antenna and possibly an RF amplifier (booster)
These are generally called WIFI Hotspot Range Booster antennas
But they are not cheap
Goodluck!
Re: Wireless Lan by Wysiwyg: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2008
thanks oldie. But do I really need to know the frequency for those Wlans, I felt wireless LANs work on the same frequency. And all the same do yu think I could get the high gain antenna in Nigeria here?

Sorry for the late post, just seeing your reply.
Re: Wireless Lan by oldie(m): 11:33am On Jan 07, 2008
Yes, you are right WILAN is universal
No, I do not think you can get the booster locally
Check:
http://wifihotspots.wirelessinternetcoverage.com/
or you can google for WIFI Hotspot Range Booster
Re: Wireless Lan by Wysiwyg: 9:13pm On Jan 07, 2008
Thanks oldie, I'll do as you say.
Re: Wireless Lan by proxies(m): 12:10am On Jan 17, 2008
Please, I need someone to tell me how to hack an encrypted wireless network,
Re: Wireless Lan by lynxnoon(m): 12:41am On Jan 17, 2008
proxies:

Please, I need someone to tell me how to hack an encrypted wireless network,
get a pasword revealer
Cheers wink
Re: Wireless Lan by earthrealm(m): 12:20am On Jan 22, 2008
lynxmoon.
where wud i get a pass word revealer that works?
Re: Wireless Lan by Ralvy(m): 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2008
Wysiwyg:

ROTFLMFBO
Re: Wireless Lan by tosinadeda: 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2008
na wa for people o grin
Re: Wireless Lan by uspry1(f): 1:53am On Jan 24, 2008
Here is FREE INFORMATION how to connect your single Dial-up/LAN to your other PC(s) and the following quoted at below:

paribus:

This can be easily done with a features that comes free free with Internet connection sharing (ICS) in windows 2000, XP or vista. Or RRAS if you are using Win 2000 or 2003 server.

Step-by-Step: Wiring up Internet Networking

Written by John Gibb
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_Gibb and http://EzineArticles.com/?Networking&id=273186

Wiring up a LAN (local area network) can be very easy, or it can be very difficult – it all depends on the size of your network, and how you’re trying to go about it.

For a very small home network, you can get by without using any special equipment except the wires. If you want to use a network to share Internet access or a printer, just plug an Ethernet cable into the computers you want to network, and then use the simple networking features that are built into Windows, such as Internet Connection Sharing. This approach has many downsides, though – you’ll need an extra Ethernet card in each computer for every extra computer you connect to the network, for one.

Instead of connecting each computer to the next, it is better to simply connect all the computers to a central router. This is a very efficient way of connecting computers together, as the data you send will be quickly and easily routed to its destination: the data goes to the router, which knows which wire to send it down for it to reach the destination address, and simply sends it that way. This also allows you to turn on and off computers as you please with no ill effects, as the router is always-on.

If you want to connect more devices to the network than the four or five ports on a router will allow, then you need to get a network switch. This allows you to create a separate sector of your network especially for one group of devices. For example, you might have your computer and your printer both plugged into a switch. The computer and the printer can then communicate between themselves without the data needing to travel out onto the wider network – but if they want to send to or receive from the wider network, they can do that too.

John Gibb is the owner of ethernet resources For more information on ethernet check out http://www.ethernet-intelligence.info

(1) (Reply)

For Sale Lenovo Thinkpad T60 laptop for #30000 / Latop Sales Abuja Only / Problems with DVD-R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.