Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Train Crushes Peugeot Bus This Morning In Ikeja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train Crushes Peugeot Bus This Morning In Ikeja (878 Views)

Buhari Inspects Made-in-nigeria Peugeot Cars(photos) / My Visual Encounters This Morning In Abuja / [photo] CNN Election Monitoring Team Spotted In Ikeja This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Train Crushes Peugeot Bus This Morning In Ikeja by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
Omg this is indeed a sad story. A driver of a Peugeot J5 this morning sent the occupants in his bus to an early grave. The bus driver is said to have been in a hurry to cross the rail tracks and ignored the fast moving train which was blaring its horn. It happened at ‘Ikeja along’ (you know the express that leads to Oshodi if you are on the right and Iyana Ipaja if you are on the left).

Now this is another one law enforcement agencies need to monitor dearly. Okada riders and some Danfo drivers will still not stop despite the warning signal and even though some LASTMA officers are right in front of them.
Pix tnx to Laila Ikeji

Re: Train Crushes Peugeot Bus This Morning In Ikeja by Biggyd2: 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
I wonder what they were telling the driver when he insisted on crossing the rail? Isn't it interesting; Death go jus dey price pesin and they will comfortably continue negotiating with it! Where is the driver going to run to now?
I agree, the agencies in charge have to monitor the rail transport system more closely.
Re: Train Crushes Peugeot Bus This Morning In Ikeja by don33310(m): 8:52am On Aug 16, 2012
Very sad
Re: Train Crushes Peugeot Bus This Morning In Ikeja by Ilekokonit: 6:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
Some people don't know that the human eye can not always accurately judge the speed of an approaching train especially a fast moving train. Before you say Jack Robinson, the train is upon you.
Re: Train Crushes Peugeot Bus This Morning In Ikeja by koruji(m): 7:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
The NRC needs to erect automated gates that close the crossing when a train approaches.
Otherwise, these unnecessary human sacrifices to half-done jobs will continue.
It doesn't matter whether it is Nigeria, USA, Britain, Germany, China or anywhere else people have the tendency to try outrunning an oncoming vehicle or train.
Hence, the crossing gates are needed wherever there is dense traffic like Lagos.

Ilekokonit: Some people don't know that the human eye can not always accurately judge the speed of an approaching train especially a fast moving train. Before you say Jack Robinson, the train is upon you.

(1) (Reply)

I Achieved All My Targets As President - Obasanjo / Happy 52nd Independence Day Celebration / DINO Melaye: An Ashawo Politician Not A Human Right Activist- Abubakar Usman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.