Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Hoax Alert:cosmic Rays From Mars Entering Earth - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Hoax Alert:cosmic Rays From Mars Entering Earth (2159 Views)

Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! / Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) / Breaking News : Cosmos Rays Visits Earth From Mars Tonight By 12:30am To 3:30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hoax Alert:cosmic Rays From Mars Entering Earth by Babaofor(m): 11:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
There have been rumours circulating that cosmic ray from mars are entering the earth tonight.so we need to switch off our phones or put them away from us tonight 12:30am to 3:30am.because they are very dangerous rays:NASA informs BBC NEWS.Pls spread this message.
The message above is clearly nothing bu anothe HOAX.i don't know why people are circulating panic messages such as this to disturb the lives of othe people.This message has been appearing since 2008 and it suddenly reappeared today 16 august.i also received text messages containing this false information and saw similar facebook posts.i did my own research and i have found no credible reports that confirm the claims in the warning message.There no reference to such a threat listed on credible scientific websites.
Firstly,mars could not emit harmful radiation because it is not a star.cosmic rays are emitted by stars.ie bodies that are undergoing nuclear reactions that is fusion(as occurs in our sun)or fission(as occurs in nuclear reactors).mars is neither.it is a planet that just reflects sunlight.it cannot emit cosmic rays.
Next,with regards to these rays the earth's atmosphere is capable of taking care of them.so no need to worry.The magnetosphere absorbs and protects us from the suns harmful radiation.whatever remains is too feeble to affect anything as far as earth.
Another thing is that we are actually hit by cosmic rays everyday.if it was going to affect your cell,then it would have already fried it by now.
Sometimes,magnetic storms from the sun will fry the electronics of satellites on orbit and may also blow out the power grid in high latitudes near the earths magnetic poles,but other than static.I don't see what it might do to your cell.
So to anyone who received this kind message.pls,think it through and help educate others,sreading dubious and unsubstantiated warnings such as this is counterproductive and unlikely to help any one.

(1) (Reply)

How To Setup A Cyber Cafe / Openvpn Connect Unlimited Free Browsing With Etisalat Social Pack / Smoktech Guardian III Kit Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.