Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,300 members, 7,822,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California (27053 Views)

Niyola, EME First Lady Takes A Selfie With Just Her Underwears (PHOTO) / Pictures Of Davido, Wizkid, Skales And Olamide With Their Girlfriend!! / Photo: Bankyw, Wizkid & Skales’ Run For Dear Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by queensmith: 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kingback:

Look at the animal I'm even arguing with. This was her opinion in another thread on disciplining kids:

This was my response:

My dear, you talk too much thats the problem. You don't have to comment on every single issue.

https://www.nairaland.com/1019009/nigerian-coupled-jailed-beating-kids/2#11830691

Once upon a time- queensmith had time for morons. I'm tired of dealing with your type. You clowns are no longer entertaining. Move forward and read queensmiths posts no longer, good luck with that jerk.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Romance2000: 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
What does Bankole Omishore have to do with this Banky W

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by strangest(m): 11:52pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kingback:

Your Lawyer has visa to enter Yankee, because na for California here we wan show them pepper.

LOL. that one is not an issue... una go give am invitation letter nah...
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Kingback: 12:22am On Aug 17, 2012
strangest:

LOL. that one is not an issue... una go give am invitation letter nah...

Ehen, so he can come and wear that their Naija wig in our own court?

Mba, we're good. Keep your Lawyer. Worst case we look for a $7/hr Ambulance chaser to represent us.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by strangest(m): 12:40am On Aug 17, 2012
Kingback:

Ehen, so he can come and wear that their Naija wig in our own court?

Mba, we're good. Keep your Lawyer. Worst case we look for a $7/hr Ambulance chaser to represent us.

Guy you don forget where you come from?? Abeg wake up
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Kingback: 1:33am On Aug 17, 2012
strangest:

Guy you don forget where you come from?? Abeg wake up

How does your statement apply to my statement.

Besides, Magician, Oya pls tell me, how do you know where I come from? tongue
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Vergil: 1:57am On Aug 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

ofcourse I read what she wrote.She said the promoter NOT the artists refunded those who paid physical cash but now, those who paid online are asking the artists to refund them.

Isnt that an irony ?

I believe those who paid online ought to meet the promoters that refunded fans who paid physical cash cuz the money for such concert would probably be managed by the promoters.

Soz but u're kinda slow
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by manny4life(m): 2:10am On Aug 17, 2012
WOW, this isn't good for them, they have broken their trust, I doubt promoters will wanna take such chance with them.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 17, 2012
^^ Banky W is a snake. He had no response to any of this. Instead, he called the promoters and tried to do everything behind closed doors as all of this was true. He's promising more refunds. His words are worthless.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by strangest(m): 10:16am On Aug 17, 2012
Kingback:

How does your statement apply to my statement.

Besides, Magician, Oya pls tell me, how do you know where I come from? tongue

My statement applies to your statement because you distanced your self from naija by making a mockery of our judiciary, therefore you need to wake up and accept your fate tongue

How do I know where you come from?

Kingback:

Nwanne park, anyi ma onye i bu grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by ozoebuka1(m): 10:17am On Aug 17, 2012
ORAFA: And u are stealing from ur galfrnd and ur parents abi? U S.T.U.P.I.D pass goat sef. U beta visit Yaba Left because u are TOTALLY NOT NORMAL IN THE HEAD.
Am sure dat u are a git who doesnt know how to reason... you are soooo lame!!! chump.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by donvinchi: 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Ode

Guy u don sheet for church
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Kingback: 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2012
And why are you guys going around editing my posts? Who be the Mod for this thing sef?
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Kingback: 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2012
strangest:

My statement applies to your statement because you distanced your self from naija by making a mockery of our judiciary, therefore you need to wake up and accept your fate tongue

How do I know where you come from?

Nwanne park, anyi ma onye i bu grin grin grin grin

Na lie, o! Not my Fate at all at all!

I don't want a Man wearing a mop on his head representing me in court as I sue Bankyw and his crew of Igbo smoking thugs. I just want my money thats all. I took time off work to travel all the way from San Modesto now e wan carry my money run? Mba
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by poopppyLiillyy: 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2012
Ur Money don enter Voicemail...lol...inshort bean-cake wey don enter pap....ahahahhahahah.....Nigerians!!!
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by KayDee4: 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2012
[size=13pt] Na laugh I dey laugh. grin grin [/size]
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by achukwunet(f): 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2012
I never would've expected this nonsense... especially from Mr. Banky W. I thought he was different.
To all the fans who purchased tickets, now worries. Justice will be served
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 18, 2012
Official press release from Royal Entertainment:

Dear Fans,

As you all know, on August 17, 2012 Royal Entertainment scheduled a concert featuring WizKid, Skales & Rotimi. Royal Entertainment was responsible for the promotions of that show. We put all of our efforts behind promoting this, so whenEME had to cancel the show, we felt very disappointed. It was a knock against RoyalEntertainment, and it was a let-down for all of you, who were looking forward to it.

We have come to find out that WizKid would have been physically unable to perform. Because of his rigorous touring and recording schedule, he had taken ill, and EME saw it in his best interest to suspend the tour for a small amount of time in orderfor him to recuperate. EME and Royal Entertainment came to an agreement that both companies would jointly issue statements, apologizing to the fans, and makeup for the show in the nearest future. While we are extremely disappointed at the cancellation, Royal Entertainment has accepted the situation.

Furthermore, we would like to address the allegations that Banky W. had never planned to be in California. We have come to find out that this information was 100% false. As you can imagine, We felt betrayed and went on a public tirade against EME, and Banky W. Sparks flew, tempers raged, and certain statements were issued, on twitter and in the Nigerian Entertainment blogosphere, due to the intensity of the situation at hand.

Hindsight, they say, is 20/20. Further research has brought many things to light, and it’s time to make the situation clear. It is in the interest of everyone to put all of this behind us. With that, we would like to close this chapter by issuing the following statements:

Royal Entertainment acknowledges that EME explained the reason for thecancellation of the California Show and apologized to us. While we areextremely disappointed, we accepted the apology.

The information presented to Royal Entertainment was 100% false. Allegations were made about Banky’s character, and while we may have believed them at the time, those allegations have proven themselves to be completely untrue. To his credit,Mr Wellington and EME acted with dignity through the whole ordeal, and Royal Entertainment would like to publicly apologize for the way we handled the situation.Royal Entertainment would furthermore like to publicly retract what we, or any of ouraffiliates, have said negatively about Banky W and EME.

There was no booking fee or deposit of any sort paid to EME for theCalifornia show, however, monies were spent by Royal Entertainment for promotions. EME has agreed to refund Royal Entertainment in full for the requested amount.

All fans who bought advance tickets from any of the promotions agents, are eligible for a 100% refund. Those handled by Royal Entertainment will be refunded through our channels; Alore media, the company in charge of online logistics, has ensured that those handled online will be credited back throughthe source of payment.

It is our hope that henceforth, such situations will never repeat themselves. When things spiral out of control this way, every brand or company associated with the ordeal suffers a shot to its reputation. The overall intention was for us to do the best possible for the fans, and all of our actions were in their interest.

In conclusion, on behalf of Royal Entertainment, EME, Alore Media and all partiesinvolved, Royal Entertainment would like to apologize to the fans, and furthermorepromise that we will make every effort to ensure something like this will not happenagain. Thank you for your support, understanding and love.

Thank you,

Royal Entertainment

SOURCE

Victory toh sweet. If nyansh wasn't hot, then he would've made no moves.

[size=16pt]Cali Fans 1 - EME 0.[/size]
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by ektbear: 12:38am On Aug 18, 2012
Money clearly exchanged hands to hush people up. If Wizkid suddenly took ill, why didn't he cancel the other events? How come we just found out 3 4 days beforehand?

Something smells fishy...

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by fstranger8: 12:46am On Aug 18, 2012
ogugua88: Official press release from Royal Entertainment:

Victory toh sweet. If nyansh wasn't hot, then he would've made no moves.

[size=16pt]Cali Fans 1 - EME 0.[/size]

The joke is on you.

Wizkid is in Canada recording a song. http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/15/wizkid-collaborates-with-kardinal-official-on-new-jam/

Also, Wizkid took ill, where is the doctor's report?

EME 1 - Swooning Cali fans 0. Cali got Pwned big time.

Again, how many more people like you are out there . . .
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by obowunmi(m): 1:31am On Aug 18, 2012
ekt_bear: Money clearly exchanged hands to hush people up. If Wizkid suddenly took ill, why didn't he cancel the other events? How come we just found out 3 4 days beforehand?

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 4:28am On Aug 18, 2012
ekt_bear: Money clearly exchanged hands to hush people up. If Wizkid suddenly took ill, why didn't he cancel the other events? How come we just found out 3 4 days beforehand?

Obviously, which I don't mind. We're not the ones suffering a bad reputation. Whether the money comes back to us or not, the media blitz shook them. As someone noted earlier, they missed a big opportunity to establish themselves here. Their shows in the east were nothing to write home about, and then this? I'll laugh if they call this tour a success.

He is ill actually, but that doesn't dispute the fact that they didn't want to come either. Mere coincidence.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 4:31am On Aug 18, 2012
fstranger8: The joke is on you.

Wizkid is in Canada recording a song. http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/15/wizkid-collaborates-with-kardinal-official-on-new-jam/

Also, Wizkid took ill, where is the doctor's report?

EME 1 - Swooning Cali fans 0. Cali got Pwned big time.

Again, how many more people like you are out there . . .

Not exactly. He doesn't have to give a doctor report. Adele and John Mayer have canceled shows due to throat surgeries and other issues. I don't remember either of them leaving a doctors' notes on their websites.

If you call a win a tarnished reputation, a media storm, and having to pay two years of refunds, than do I dare ask what constitutes a loss?
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by KikiDixy(f): 5:12am On Aug 18, 2012
Well I'm glad its all getting resolved. The fans should get their money back, priority! EME will bounce back, this wont affect them in the least, as long as the refunds happen...trust me it's back to business as usual. It's the promoters who comes across as complete unprofessional asses though. I mean fans take to twitter to rage fair enough. But you conducted your business with EME through direct contact but couldn't seek redress via same method first before all that twitter furore?

Anyway, hope the refunds happen. Unto the next one
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Gudintent: 5:16am On Aug 18, 2012
ogugua88:

Not exactly. He doesn't have to give a doctor report. Adele and John Mayer have canceled shows due to throat surgeries and other issues. I don't remember either of them leaving a doctors' notes on their websites.

If you call a win a tarnished reputation, a media storm, and having to pay two years of refunds, than do I dare ask what constitutes a loss?

Do let us know when your funds have been refunded, only then will I accept this so called 'apology'.

Good on you.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by fstranger8: 9:26am On Aug 18, 2012
ogugua88:

Oh I see, Banky W is on the same level as Adele/Mayer?

Where is my dictionary . . . I need to check the meaning of swooooooooooo. . . . . . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Dotman01(m): 11:10am On Aug 18, 2012
check the link for update
www.amebor.com/eme-scandal/#
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by 2sexy(m): 6:47am On Aug 19, 2012
ogugua88:

I'm not smearing them. I'm explaining what has happened dating back to July 2011. Sure, cancellations of shows is normal, but it's NOT normal for them to not issue refunds.

Wizkid, Skales, and Banky W are representatives of EME. They hyped the show. They told everyone they were coming when they knew they weren't. EME AND those three artists will not hear the end of this.
But seriously, how could you make payment online without using paypal? Kai! NEVER make any payment without using paypal next time. Paypal often protect buyers than sellers and with paypal you dont have to reveal your credit card details.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by 2sexy(m): 6:58am On Aug 19, 2012
ozoebuka1: Miss ogugua, stop tarnishing their images please...let them be!!!
You are thief!!!
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by 2sexy(m): 7:22am On Aug 19, 2012
ogugua88:

To be honest, I never knew about this. I've discussed this issue several times with my mom and friends and the suggestion never came up. :/
I am disappointed by this statement and you seem to be in a much developed country? Even me wey neva leave naija know say u can make a charge back on your credit card payment. And if you don't want to reveal your credit card details online due to fraud issues, use www.paypal.com. It seem you dont know paypal too. So, let me explain. Paypal is the world's no 1 online payment processor. It's a trusted brand and most sellers use them online. One good thing about paypal is that they tend to protect buyers more than the seller and cases like yours is no exception. If you had used paypal, you should have just alert them and they will get your money for you. They have been in existence for over 10 years now and ebay own paypal after they bought it from the South African who created it.

Try as much as possible to stay ahead in the online payment issues... It will save you a lot of headaches!
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 19, 2012
2sexy: But seriously, how could you make payment online without using paypal? Kai! NEVER make any payment without using paypal next time. Paypal often protect buyers than sellers and with paypal you dont have to reveal your credit card details.

2sexy: I am disappointed by this statement and you seem to be in a much developed country? Even me wey neva leave naija know say u can make a charge back on your credit card payment. And if you don't want to reveal your credit card details online due to fraud issues, use www.paypal.com. It seem you dont know paypal too. So, let me explain. Paypal is the world's no 1 online payment processor. It's a trusted brand and most sellers use them online. One good thing about paypal is that they tend to protect buyers more than the seller and cases like yours is no exception. If you had used paypal, you should have just alert them and they will get your money for you. They have been in existence for over 10 years now and ebay own paypal after they bought it from the South African who created it.

Try as much as possible to stay ahead in the online payment issues... It will save you a lot of headaches!

I do know about Paypal, and that's what I used. It's been so long I FORGOT! 14 months no be small. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Checkout Yemi Alade's New Hairstyle (see Photo) / Question Of The Day: Kiss Daniel Or Korede Bello? Who's Handsomer? / Jnr Pope Releases African Inspired Engagement Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.