Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. (91410 Views)

Learn How To Treat Your Skin The Natural Way For Free Here. / Identifying Your Skin Type Using Tissue Test / What Dudu Osun Soap And African Shea Butter Can Do For Your Skin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by PHARMTOKI(f): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2012
Do you know that apart from being the largest organ in the body,your skin absorbs over 70% of what you put on it? If you feed it with rich and pure ingredients,you and everyone else will notice the difference. Acne,eczema,psoriasis, stretchmarks and ugly scars could be all history by going 100% natural. Don't forget to always read your labels. It could make all the difference. Cheers all. Please whatsapp :08109951458

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by curiousdude: 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hello PHARM.TOKI,

I have used several body cream but not impress with the results. All I keep getting in return is: Eczema, pimples,infact it doesn't maintain my complexion but rather darkings my skin. But I'm considering going for an Aloe vera cream now. So I decide to reach you to see if I can get better suggestions on this issue or I go for the Aloe vera cream.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by PHARMTOKI(f): 10:31am On Aug 17, 2012
Hello curious dude. Thank you for your question. I don,t know enough of your skincare regimen to say specifically where the problem is but, I will say that a lot of soaps and creams contain harsh chemicals that irritate the skin and cause several unpleasant reactions.so be sure to look out for products that contain natural skin safe ingredients. Aloe vera is soothing to the skin and provides nourishment but it has to be present in lotions and creams in enough quantity to be effective. So be on the look out for that. Read my post on 'fairydusting' for more info. Also use products that contain sun protection factor(SPF) to counteract the darkening effects of the sun. My soaps and creams are handmade in smaLl batches and take 4weeks to cure naturally. I use only 100% food grade ingredients so you can contact me on whatsapp 08109951458. I hope I have been able to help.Feel better. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by PHARMTOKI(f): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2012
Frankincense has been known throughout the ages for its skin rejuvenating properties. Egyptian Carrot seed oil and Chilean rose seed oils for their ability to reduce the appearance of scars and blemishes from acne,psoriasis. Goats milk for its ability to gently exfoliate dead skin cells. These are just some of the many luxuries that nature offers the skin. Remember to read your labels and eat healthy. Whataspp 08109951458
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 22, 2012
Pharmtoki pls whats d cure for very bad black spots on d skin, and wrinkling skin too?? Thanks
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by PHARMTOKI(f): 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
Hi boogee. Thank you for your question. This is a question that I get asked very often.To answer your issue specifically I wiLl need more information from you. First of all you didn't specify where the spots are located. The wrinkles too. Are the spots as a result of acne scars or are they age spots? But generally, wrinkles, spots especially age spots result from oxidative stress and photodamage from the sun's rays. Simple home remedies you could try include soaking a cotton ball with lemon juice and dabbing it on the spots twice daily. Also cleansing with olive oil and moisturizing your skin with shea butter products and aloe vera can help slow the wrinkling process. Let me know if you have any more questions Whatsapp 08109951458. Cheers.
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
Its my sis. She use to have dis infection from little, probably it in her blood. Dis itching would start till it leads to a wound, and eventually leaves very black spot on her skin when it heals. This infection has miraculously stopped. But the spots are there and so many on her legs and few on her arms. Her legs look awful as its ravaged with dis spot and its making d skin on her leg to wrinkle . Its just like spot from normal wounds you get. We've tried a lot of creams but no improvement. I guess its cos the spots are very old. Its been from little. She's a little fair so u can imagine how bad. Can't even wear common knee lenght skirt or gown. I'll appreciate ur response. Thanks.
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
Also dis facial prob, popularly known as 'egusi' in yoruba, its whitish. Whats d cure??
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by PHARMTOKI(f): 10:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
Hello again boogee.It is possible that your sis had some form of dermatitis at the time as a result of contact with an allergen.What kinds of cosmetic products or treatments did you use on her at the time? What is she currently using? Take a look at the ingredients list on the labels on the products. Has she ever tried natural remedies like what I mentioned above? If not,let her do that and see.If she doesn't get any relief from that let me know.I can point you to some more remedies for problematic skin conditions.hope this helps.
On the issue of the 'egusi' I think what you are referring to is known as whiteheads. This is caused when your pores are blocked by debris or oils trapped in them. If they do not rise to the surface of the skin, they remain white and embedded in the pores. So what I would suggest is to do facial steam treatments regularly to unblock your pores. You can also make a home mix of honey and egg white, apply for a few minutes and wipe off with a warm cloth. Also make sure that you exfoliate regularly with a mild exfoliant.
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
Pharmtoki, thanks you've been wonderful.
As for d spot issue, d infections have stopped already. So dats not d problem here. The problem is how she can clear d spots on her legs and arms. She use to try some spots removal cream. Last one she used and is still using is 'fair and white serum' and d cream too. Heard its good for removing spots. But i see no diff. So what dyu think is d best thing to clear spots from skin and wrinkling too??.
Thanks a lot.
And my name's booqee(as in bukky) not boogee.
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2012
And what dyu mean by facial steam treatment?? Pls explain..thanks.
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by PHARMTOKI(f): 8:30am On Aug 23, 2012
Hello bukky. My sincere apologies for the mistake with your name. Ok as to your sister. I don't have a picture of what you are talking about so its really hard for me to jump to conclusions.I mentioned previously that you should consider applying lemon juice with a cotton ball twice daily to the dark spots. Also I think she should switch to a product that contains soothing and moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera, honey to reduce the apperance of wrinkles.
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by PHARMTOKI(f): 8:50am On Aug 23, 2012
And another important point I want to make is that fair and white contains a compound listed as 1,4 benzoquinone also known as hydroquinone. This compound has been associated with numerous conditions including cancer of the skin. We really need to read our labels.
Facial steam treatment: just pour some hot water into a bowl set it on a stable surface place a small towel over your head and lean into it gently so that your face comes in contact with the steam coming from the water. This will enlarge your pores so that the whiteheads can come to the surface of your skin. Then you can rinse it off with a mild soap or facial cleanser. By the way is your skin oily? Its more common in people with oily skin. Cheers.
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 23, 2012
Pharmtoki thanks so much! Lemon is not a common fruit like dat, so creams with lemon extract should do right??
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by noleen: 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2012
Pharm.Toki, Im grateful with the thread. im using fair and white exclusive, but use any soap that cross my way and I dnt use cleanser. I look fresh for somtimes and at times my skin turn dark.i use my mum cream A3 cream and i notice heat rashes on my face which make me uncomfortable. please advice me on what cream that will be good for my skin. i have dry skin and have use my cream for 5years now without changing. Tell me the tube that is good for my skin type and tone my skin becos my cream dnt tone as expected. pls advice from all.
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by noleen: 12:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
[
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by PHARMTOKI(f): 5:32pm On Aug 23, 2012
@ bukky: if you don't get lemon, you can also use lime. You can use creams with lemon extract but don't forget aloevera and honey. They are also helpful for wrinkles.

@ noleen. I'm concerned about the neutrotone and fair and white cream used together. Neutrotone is actually supposed to be a prescription only medication. It contains a steroid known as clobestasol propionate( pls check the tube) not so? This dosage form is meant to be used for a maximum of two wEeks under close supervision by a dermatologist. Using it for an extended period can damage the skin. It also causes dryness.If u withdraw such a cream suddenly it usually has a drastic effect hence your complaint. The fair and white is no better because it contains hydroquinone and in combination with the neutrotone can cause irreversible damage to your skin. Same goes for A3 cream too. Please try and switch to a shea butter line of cosmetics for now. It will help. Cheers. Whatsapp 08109951458
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by HOTCASSY(f): 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
hello pharm,

What can i use to clear spots that looks like eczema but its not eczema.i have them on my chest.

Please assist.
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by PHARMTOKI(f): 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
Hello hotcassy. You haven't given me enough information so I can't give you an answer. How long have the spots been there. Are the spots lighter or darker than your natural skin complexion. What treatments have you tried? What skincare products do you use? Do you have any allergies? Are the spots raised or flat? Cheers.
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by Fancier(f): 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
Good trend pharm.toki.
Kindly recommend a good facial cleanser for pimple spots for me. I am currently using fair and white bathing soap, but use dudu-Osu whenever I have some pimples on my face. I switch between palmers cocoa butter ad Vasline cocoa butter cream ( I also add some quantity of honey t̶̲̥̅̊
ō them). I don't have any facial routine. I am a little bit lighter than choclate, so I don't need products that ωȋ̊ℓℓ make me more lighter. Kindly advice, cos am prone t̶̲̥̅̊
ō break out. Thanks
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by mirob(f): 9:28am On Aug 24, 2012
@Pharm.Toki, I just added ur PIN now, pls accept my request. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by PHARMTOKI(f): 10:38am On Aug 24, 2012
@ fancier. Hello there. It sounds to me like you have occassional breakouts. This could be hormonal that is maybe just before your monthly cycle. Hormonal breakouts are a bit tricky as it cannot be helped much. You could still prevent breakouts by drinking lots of water and eating plenty of fruits and vegetable. Palmers butter is fine but vaseline contains mineral oils which can sometimes block pores so if u notice any breakouts while using it please discontinue. Make sure the honey you use is pure. For a simple natural cleanse,try the oil cleanse method(OCM). Look out for my post on how to do to this. Cheers
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by PHARMTOKI(f): 10:39am On Aug 24, 2012
@ mirob. I'll do that thank you.
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by youngsoye(m): 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2012
@pharm. Toki..,how can i clear T.V(porpularly called ifo in yoruba) off ma face. I am sick of it going and coming back again. I have used dudu osun but it doesn't seems to work. What can i use to clear it off totally. I wil b goin 2 skul next week and i don't wanna carry my horrible face back to school...plz HELP ME!
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by curiousdude: 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2012
PHARM.TOK,

Pls can you recommend me a drug or Fruits/herbs that helps one in adding weight?

Thanks.
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by lepasharon(f): 11:00pm On Aug 25, 2012
Nice thread! Natural products are the best!
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by PHARMTOKI(f): 9:02am On Aug 26, 2012
@youngsoye. Hello. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the yoruba word 'ifo' however I'm assuming by T.V you mean Tinea Vesicolor? Please could you clarify this in order for me to give you a more accurate response. You can also describe the look of the spots on your face. Ok? Cheers.
@curiousdude.There isn't any particular drug or herb that will make a person 'fat'. Rather most of them work by increasing the appetite which in turn may lead to weight gain. Alfalfa,Fenugreek and even Bitters are a few examples. Another important point however is to gain weight in a healthy way that is by eating nutritious and balanced meals. Cheers.

@lepasharon. Thank you. Yes indeed natural products are one of God's numerous gifts to us.
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by curiousdude: 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2012
PHARM.TOKI,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

1 Like

Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by HOTCASSY(f): 8:35am On Aug 28, 2012
Hello hotcassy. You haven't given me enough information so I can't give you an answer. How long have the spots been there. Are the spots lighter or darker than your natural skin complexion. What treatments have you tried? What skincare products do you use? Do you have any allergies? Are the spots raised or flat? Cheers.[/quote][color=#990000]

1. The spots have been there for over two yrs.
2. The spots are lighter than my normal skin colour like eczema.
3. i have used anti fungal anti bacterial creamslike funbact A,epiderm,3g,Bacto,Ketoconazoleetc.
4. The spots are flat.

Please advice
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by YMCgyna(m): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2012
i hail o my pharm,pls my face is full of pimples and spots from it,i ve an oily face,i used lemon fresh cream,bt it changed my complexion cus am a little bit above chocolate bt it darkened me 2 chocolate nw,bt nw am using clear essence lotion,pls i want 2 get ride of d pimples and spots on my face and return 2 my complexion pls
Re: Give Your Skin The Treat It Deserves. by PHARMTOKI(f): 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
@hotcassy; do the light coloured patches itch your skin? does it come off in flakes like dandruff? is it worsened by heat or dry weather? where else on your body is it located? in general though i usually find shea butter to be very good at restoring your natural skin tone.Cocoa butter also helps. Cheers.

@YMCgyna; oily skin is prone to pimples and spots.your goal should be to make sure that all the dead skin present on your face is removed by using mild scrubs.An oil cleanse will also help(please read my post on it). once the dead skin is off your face you should notice an improvement in your complexion.be careful of all these so called lemon creams on the market make sure you read your labels for hidden ingredients that can irritate your skin.finally always moisturize after cleansing. if you need truly natural products place your orders with me. cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Lady Wearing Short Gown In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State Causes A Stir / South African Police Officer In Sexy Shorts Gets Tongues Wagging Online / More About Brazilian Hair And Virgin Natural Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.