Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,669 members, 7,820,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live (19473 Views)

Good City To Live In Brazil / 2012 World Most Liveable Cities:lagos Ranks 3rd Worst Most Liveable City On List / Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live –report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by omodapson(m): 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
Not surprised, nowhere in the country is liveable. Can we know how Abuja fared?
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Super1759: 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
190*:
I agree with dis post

Lagos is some smelly city 2 live
And even d people who live in it, d lagosians have this smell
dey carry about when dey talk,touch or even walk past you

D drainages are terrible, d air isn't breath-able, d smell
Heat, fumes, people everywhere like roaches

Lord av mercy and yet u hear some people sayin Lagos is d ish
Smh# I prefer my village with no lite 2 lagos with 247 lite

Eko nor be only one stup1d baje
hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha. Guy! You don finish them. This is the end of lagos,infact am reporting you to fashola. Hahahaah
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Mannylex(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
They stay and analyse nonsense, how can our centre of excellence be among the top worst city to live in the world! Arrant nonsense. Those people must be high on cheap drug. Whatever basis they used to judge, they are absolutely wrong! angry
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by galaxy4rep(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
umumbo in anambra state beter pas lagos
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by frankcimc(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
TRUE LAGOS NO CLEAN AGAIN ON LIKE HOW IT WAS IN 80'S. MR. FASH AND LAGOSIANS HAS A LOT OF WORK TO DO.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Siga: 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
Let us Pray!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by greaterlove(m): 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2012
I think I agree, most buildings in lagos look as if they are covered in soot,maybe because of the lagoon, the humidity is high thereby constant sweating and discomfort, the infrastructures are not to good, if u have stayed in hotels outside lagos then u will know that hotels in lagos are messed up, cities like akure, owerri,abuja, enugu, ph,maidugiri, kaduna and minna have better 1-3 star hotels than lagos. For the fact that newyork is not in top 10 shows they might be right, I have not been to any of the top ten but I have heard people talk about some of them especially sydney.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by warrior01: 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2012
So much for 'Eko o ni baje'
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by kumbalo(m): 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2012
afam4eva: I think some years back Lagos did a little bit better. That means that Fashola has not been paying attention to the most important variables.

A similar report was carried out by the same group in 2010 and Lagos did fairly better https://www.nairaland.com/397594/lagos-rated-fifth-worst-city
i get into big quarel wit my dad whenever i try to point out the lapses in Fashola's Administration in Lagos. He's obsessed with his overated performance. But the truth is... He has not done enough in the INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE STATE. When asked what are his achievement, he's always quick to Mention Trasportation (BRT). Lagosians deserve better than that. Ikorodu resident have a testimony to share on the issue of roads and drainage.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by kayboiz: 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2012
gradually lagos will be there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Next2Bezee(m): 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sam Milla:

Apparently, you have never traveled outside Africa.

So Lagos is now the only city in Africa? If you have nothing to say leave the space for better responses.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by ovie82000: 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
I agree. Lagos is a terrible place to visit not to talk about living there.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by ODB2: 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
courtesy of ACN administration.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by tinkinjo: 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2012
Who doesn't know.
All one need do is compare Lagos streets pics with those of even places like Equatorial Guinea.
A friend once said if he were to describe Lagos with one word, it 'll be chaos

Is it not why we (they) say: if you have lived in Lagos, then you can live anywhere in the world.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by denitro(m): 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2012
Smart jeezy:
i think u reside in ajegunle?come to my house in ikoyi and see things.

You mentioned your home which is a tiny speck in the map of lagos..
In order to get to your mansion in Ikoyi, one will have to drive thru the dirty
street of Oshodi, Ilupeju, yaba, mushin etc, pass through bad roads while
viewing agbero beat the living daylights out of some bus drivers and conductors (Thanks to Fashola for putting an end)
then pray that the rains will not come so as not to uproot the dirty pure water sachets
in the drainage etc...
But the time one gets to your mansion, I already have a lasting impression of DIRTY LAGOS

11 Likes

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Donsammi(m): 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2012
aGREED !
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2012

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by stillme(m): 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2012
Yet nobody wants to leave Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by hakymbiyiyaho: 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
E be like say this Oyinbo People dey craze for head sef. Weting concern them with weather, i tell them make dey no get agbero for their country.Anyway " MONKEY NO FINE BUT IM MAMA LIKE AM" I go still manage am like dat. Visa dey no give passport dey no issue and dem dey condemn one place somebody should warn them oo.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Elueme: 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
I will not doubt this report..Lagos indeed is horrible why I personally left that city.. Can't cope with the hustling and bursting, traffic and NURTWs threats and all.. Some part of island is relatively good, go to mainland especially ikotun and iyanaipaja axis,u llunderstand that hell exists on earth....
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Super1759: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
stillme: Yet nobody wants to leave Lagos.
that's what we are saying how madman go leave garbage area. Where en go go?
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2012
tongue I rep lasgidi the hottest city in naija
for only the strong cheesy
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by yemstok(m): 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
OLORIBURUKU NI WON! This oyinbo people with racism sef

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by ezeagu(m): 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
This isn't true because cities like Monrovia, Liberia, and other war-torn of former war-torn cities around Africa and some other parts of the world are worse.

yemstok: OLORIBURUKU NI WON! This oyinbo people with racism sef

No.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Youhesh(m): 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
nija80: The assessment is not been fair if cities like karachi,libya, pakistan Algeria are rated above lag then its not being fair
Libya, Pakistan and Algeria are not cities. Just saying.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by manny4life(m): 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ournaija: How many cities in Nigeria are recognized internationally?

And so? How many cities in the U.S. are recognized? However, the ones that are recognized based upon their economic input/output, those are the ones that needs to be known. This is not the first I've read about Lagos being a dirty/worse cities to live in... People who can't live with the truth, I guess they should take a hike.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by cdamsel(f): 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
Dem D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ mad,US/UK no get ghetto?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Nigerian-Owned Guest Houses Burnt In South Africa - Nigerian Union / People Have Abandoned Travelling, Now Send Goods To Families - Kaduna NURTW / Three Clerics Die In Road Accident In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.