Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live (19474 Views)

Good City To Live In Brazil / 2012 World Most Liveable Cities:lagos Ranks 3rd Worst Most Liveable City On List / Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live –report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by neeyee88: 4:27pm On Aug 16, 2012
:oToronto the fourth bets city to live in the world? cheesy they are obviously joking! Toronto aint no where near the 15th best place in the world at all...never! Victoria Island in Lagos is far better...trust me!
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by sammhi(m): 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2012
the rating is fair. there is no justification that it is not.
lagos roads and other infrastructures are just too bad... the only area fasola scores highest is tax generation legaly and illegaly.
i went to ikorodu last week and it was someting else. pls go to mushin, bariga, ajegule and even obalende (which is behind ikoyi ) and u wonder if there is a government in this city. there is little attention to the streets but only the major roads in surulere and yaba. other parts of the city are highly neglected like abule egba, ayobo, akoownjo,apapa, and ikeja.. only one decent street road in ikeja......except kudirat road and aiport road...
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by jspac(m): 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ournaija: How many cities in Nigeria are recognized internationally?
As one of the dirtiest? NONE! Enjoy your fake las vegas.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by vickspider(f): 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
Guys i think on some level the report is correct, look at some of the areas the government had tried re-shaping in lagos, what have we done to maintain some of the roads, drainage systems that the govt had worked on. What about our own duty to land? see dirt and rubbish everywhere on the newly built lanes and roads leading towards orile and mile 2...the most annoying part is the market people, they dump dirt on the pavement, block the newly installed gutters with dirt...my point is we also have our own duty as residents, our community responsibility if you may call it so. iif we do this am sure govt will do more...

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by jspac(m): 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2012
neeyee88: :oToronto the fourth bets city to live in the world? cheesy they are obviously joking! Toronto aint no where near the 15th best place in the world at all...never! Victoria Island in Lagos is far better...trust me!
Do you live in the slums?
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by idowuswap: 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2012
See mumu peeps na lagos all of them con dey open eye cus he be like london wen dey say then wan go lagos 4rm thier village.Bleep igbo&hausa

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by omowolewa: 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2012
Dirty or not,if Lagos is not important it won't have been mentioned on the list at all. No other Nigerian city made the list even Abuja. Lagos is still undergoing radical reforms but Fashola needs to do more in terms of infrastructure in that pace setting state as well.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by occam(m): 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
Take away places like Lekki,VI,Ikoyi,Ikeja,Magodo,Ajah and you are left with what?

Visit Alimosho (the most populated LG), Mushin, Mile 2, Ajegunle, the chaotic Apapa port and you'll just hate the city. Even Yaba, Surulere, Maryland etc Anthony village have become so chaotic

It's difficult to disagree with this report as much as I love Lagos. It feels like a city about to explode with all those people roaming the street
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Omogbhollahorn(m): 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
To all lag haterz you guys are bunch of fools.....name ur state and let see if it beta......poor fool when u liv in maroko or ajegunle y wont u complain

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by occam(m): 4:39pm On Aug 16, 2012
neeyee88: :oToronto the fourth bets city to live in the world? cheesy they are obviously joking! Toronto aint no where near the 15th best place in the world at all...never! Victoria Island in Lagos is far better...trust me!

No need to make crass comments like this. Ever been to the swanky neighborhoods of Toronto?
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by lagcity(m): 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
Economist is a trashy publication. Tehran, Lagos, and Abidjan are among the worst? Fvck them, London and Washington, DC are among the worst. tongue

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by deshclones(m): 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2012

see this dullina...victoria island indeed...guess you have 24/7 light,fresh air,good roads,security and good greenry environment...f00lish ph00l yarning dust...people wey dey stay kuramo too dey claim v.i...Arrow

i love this...fashola's second term is a disaster....dude is doing nothing..its a shame that despite the huge tax people pay..plus the FAAC allocation...lagos state still stinks...the way LASG goes about its IGR generation is something else..a friend was told to pay tax for branding his car with his company;s logo..go to obalende,lagos island,agege,mushin,some parts of lere,ikota,ajah and epe..you will know fashola is not working...i wish akpabio will swap places with fashola so peeps can witness the definition of transformation.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by jamil2(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
Super1759: make I come your house? You go borrow me your babe for 2hours? Abeg
you are wicked dude!
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by veraponpo(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
galaxy4rep: Enugu is d best city in nigeria!

Sorry for your info-Enugu will never enter this category in your lifetime. Just dreaming. Mentioning Lagos ahead of Bangladesh is an indication that something good is coming out. Rubbish set of ingrates. If they send you away from Yaba, Oyingbo< Alismosho,Agege,etc Those places will become better and Lagos will be rated higher.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by tashan: 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2012
Truth be told.....
Lagos is chaotic, dirty, traffic grid-locked, lacking in parks and play grounds, and poor in public transportation. It may be a mega city,it may be fun to live in for several people but at the end of the day, it has a real long way to go in terms of ease of liveability

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Ournaija: 4:51pm On Aug 16, 2012
This is a plot to "baje" spoil our Lagos. PDP must have a hand in this. grin

What about all the hell called cities in the "ristan" Middle East region?

Eko oni baje jor all the way.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by veraponpo(m): 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
omodapson: Not surprised, nowhere in the country is liveable. Can we know how Abuja fared?

Those ones cannot be found in this category. Let us thank Fashola for putting Nigeria on the world rating.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by owo(m): 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
Perfectly agree with this assesment. Rather, it is surprising that there is any place worse than Lagos. Take note, I was born here, in Lagos and have lived here for most of my life.
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
I don't need anyone's research to know its not a place i want to be for whatever reason. Rough roads, rough inhabitants, crazy traffic, crooks everywhere etc. I haven't set foot in Lagos and I will do everything in my powers to keep it that way. ABJ all the way mehn!
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Yeske2(m): 5:01pm On Aug 16, 2012
But like seriously guys, i think it's time we notify these 'raters' to stop using Lagos for Nigeria, we still have Abuja and other neater cities. Gosh!!
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by veraponpo(m): 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
deshclones:

OAM moderator...shey you dey see this bigot..you wont ban him..but ur amala head will be quick to ban deshy for saying the truth abi?..
U dont know anything. They mentioned Cities and Lagos was mentioned somebody now opened mouth to compare Enugu with Lagos by what standard. If The people in Lagos move down to Enugu in a week you will forget that Enugu has ever existed. Do u know why they keep on making laws, recruiting LASTMA,man o war, using more police, KAI, etc Despite that you open you apoche mouth to say rubbish. Is Abuja in the list(Nigeria Capita)?
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by Ehisod(m): 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
Lagos bad o! But haba what nonsense I sure say we still gap some cities sha. Make them run this test again put some naija people for the committee. In fact make Jona try set up one committee sharp sharp make them review this report.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by gregg2: 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
Lagos is one huge dustbin and we live like pigs here. Funny how ACN is quick at finding faults with Fed govt but cannot deliver us a liveable city

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by ODB2: 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
I believe it's not just down to filth but generally orderliness and civility. Lagos is full of crazy peeps.
Offence intended!

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by dasparrow: 5:27pm On Aug 16, 2012
occam:

No need to make crass comments like this. Ever been to the swanky neighborhoods of Toronto?

How many immigrants living in Toronto can afford to live in the 'swanky' neighborhoods of Toronto?
Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by gidson12(m): 5:27pm On Aug 16, 2012
see what our yoruba brothers has turned lagos into

1 Like

Re: Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live by ODB2: 5:28pm On Aug 16, 2012
gidson12: see what our yoruba brothers has turned lagos into

nah their way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

People Have Abandoned Travelling, Now Send Goods To Families - Kaduna NURTW / Three Clerics Die In Road Accident In Ekiti / Photos Of Construction Of Phase Two Of The Lagos Blue Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.