Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! (19936 Views)

“Gausiyya” Emerges In Markafi, Kaduna - El-Rufai / New Sect ‘Yanlabaiku’ Emerges In Kebbi Forbids Western Education, Shares Wives / Graphic Pics: One Shot Dead This Morning During Ekiti Impeachment Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by xcuggsm(m): 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
The spate of secret cult killings which had reduced in Enugu seem to have rebounded with vengeance!

I just left Enugu this morning for Lagos but before I left there has been reportedly about 8 (eight) cult style assassinations in the city. I actually visited two of the locations before I left the city - Peter Okoye Street (former Bongos Motors Premises) and Adelabu Street (opposit Cheshire Home) both in Uwani, Enugu and the crowd I met confirmed the killings.

The two victims were reportedly gunned down by assassins at the early hours of this morning as they came out to fetch water from the compound water wells.

Just yesterday, the Vice chancellor of Enugu State University was reportedly kidnapped on his way to work at Agani.

Everyone thought that the 'wild wild west' situation in Enugu would have been curbed with the complete ban on Okadas from operating in the metopolis.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN MY BELOVED COAL CITY??
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by omayyi: 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
GOOD. Let them kill themselves cool

1 Like

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by TechRev: 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
Enugu – Two persons were killed on Thursday in an early morning shooting by gunmen on the Isuochi/Adelabu streets of Uwani in Enugu.

An eyewitness, who preferred anonymity, said that the gunmen besieged the former Enugu Guest House on Isuochi St. in the early hours of Thursday and shot at a young man.

He said few minutes after the shooting, another gun shot was heard at Adelabu St.

The witness said that the guest house was converted to students’ hostel two years ago, adding that since then, residents of the area had not known peace.

“There is hardly any fortnight that residents of Isuochi St. will not witness one strange thing or the other from the students living in the house.

“Display of cult activities is the order of the day in the compound,’’ he said.

When contacted for comments, the Police Public Relations Officer, Enugu Police Command, Mr Ebere Amaraizu, confirmed the incident saying that one of the deceased was a policeman.

Amaraizu said the command had commenced investigation into the killings while the area had been placed under surveillance.

He called on residents of the area to go about their normal duties, assuring them of their security. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/gunmen-kill-2-in-enugu/

@bolded, someone once said the police is polarized cause some policemen belong to one of the groups. I guess the bolded confirms it.

1 Like

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by admitme(m): 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
People dieing for no just course.
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by Ekans: 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
Funny enough,the so called hitmen end up being losers after university days.
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by MrWhy1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2012
In the name of pride.
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by joesbuba: 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
what is wrong with this student
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by mcevans1(m): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
What do they stand to gain in all these? Absolutely NOTHING!! I HATE CULTSIM!!!

1 Like

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by nagoma(m): 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
The cocaine couriers are helping NDLEA by killing themselves.
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by slimchimex(m): 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
dat one na their bizness,who kill by gun will equally die by the gun...u knw how many pple dey don kill b4 dey kill dem....hiissss....

1 Like

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by ariy(m): 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
mc~evans:
What do they stand to gain in all these? Absolutely NOTHING!! I HATE CULTSIM!!!
Abi o
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by anochuks08(m): 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
just heard another gunshot around One Day premises about 30mins ago. But am not too stupid to run towards sounds of gunshots. Rumours are saying that it was an honourable that was gunned down. God help them
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by joanana(f): 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
omayyi :

R u nuts? angry
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by tellwisdom: 6:01pm On Aug 16, 2012
did they die after the shot
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by EkoIle1: 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
And the same ibo people kidnapped their own uni vice chanc' just yesterday
Kidnap school children today, kidnap tradonal ruler tomorrow, gun down anybody the day after tomorrow. Nothing but never ending circle of vicious ibo on ibo assaults and atrocities.

This is a group of people with zero respect and value for human life and lack of any communal decency, togetherness and respect.

9 Likes

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by Providenceolugu: 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
[quote author=omayyi ] vegeance is of the lord.there is no gain in blood shed.
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by auschris: 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2012
anochuks08: just heard another gunshot around One Day premises about 30mins ago. But am not too stupid to run towards sounds of gunshots. Rumours are saying that it was an honourable that was gunned down. God help them
I just went past the place now. A blue chevrolet car was in ditch and a young woman was wailing there. A huge crowd gathered around the area. I didnt stop to find out what happened. Also learnt there was another killing around Gariki. God save us
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by Clerverly: 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
Eko Ile: And the same ibo people kidnapped their own uni vice chanc' just yesterday
Kidnap school children today, kidnap tradonal ruler tomorrow, gun down anybody the day after tomorrow. Nothing but never ending circle of vicious ibo on ibo assaults and atrocities.

This is a group of people with zero respect and value for human life and lack of any communal decency, togetherness and respect.
So what is your point? Why are u so deep in this ethnic shiit? Mcheeeeeeew!

9 Likes

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by Ozonelayer1: 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
Examine ur self very wellllll,ar u sue u ar not among them??
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by jpphilips(m): 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2012
xcuggs_m: The spate of secret cult killings which had reduced in Enugu seem to have rebounded with vengeance!

I just left Enugu this morning for Lagos but before I left there has been reportedly about 8 (eight) cult style assassinations in the city. I actually visited two of the locations before I left the city - Peter Okoye Street (former Bongos Motors Premises) and Adelabu Street (opposit Cheshire Home) both in Uwani, Enugu and the crowd I met confirmed the killings.

The two victims were reportedly gunned down by assassins at the early hours of this morning as they came out to fetch water from the compound water wells.

Just yesterday, the Vice chancellor of Enugu State University was reportedly kidnapped on his way to work at Agani.

Everyone thought that the 'wild wild west' situation in Enugu would have been curbed with the complete ban on Okadas from operating in the metopolis.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN MY BELOVED COAL CITY??

pls remind our soldiers that we need them against the bokos, kogi is very close
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by hoodboy(m): 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
Eko Ile: And the same ibo people kidnapped their own uni vice chanc' just yesterday

Really didnt expectthis statement from you, doubt you are a true lagosian. any true lagosian is not tribalistic as lagos has become larger than any single tribe and evolved a culture that is unique and all embracing with regards to the diverse number of tribes that have made lagos their home and work hard to make it the city which everybody loves to associate with. Me I'm Ibo, but I was born, bread and beansed in Lagos (i rep surulere). and I have friends that cuts across different tribes and religions I have learned to look beyond the tribe and see the person, i think you should as well.

22 Likes

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by TechRev: 6:21pm On Aug 16, 2012

Its very terrible my brother. Its even said that its a fact Yoruba people are worse than these ibos. Naija eehh.

1 Like

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by scosco1: 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
Fools ....!!!! Dem D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ claim hard-men ! Make dem go meet boko-haram show cultism na ...?!

2 Likes

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by TonySpike: 6:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
I guess they are now separating the Jews from the Gentiles in their traditional way. When is Enugu ever going to rest?

1 Like

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by Providenceolugu: 6:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
omayyi :
smiley
omayyi :
providenceolugu=vegeance is of the lord.ther is no gain in blood shed.be wise u angry cultist!

1 Like

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by 2mch(m): 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
Are there Elders in Igbo land? This is a serious question. not a tribalistic one. I dont know how this goes on at all, government cannot do it all for us. Some things need to be culturally dealt with, and the people have to resist it for all these killings and kidnappings to end. Same with Boko Haram. RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by EkoIle1: 6:33pm On Aug 16, 2012
hoodboy:

Really didnt expectthis statement from you, doubt you are a true lagosian. any true lagosian is not tribalistic as lagos has become larger than any single tribe and evolved a culture that is unique and all embracing with regards to the diverse number of tribes that have made lagos their home and work hard to make it the city which everybody loves to associate with. Me I'm Ibo, but I was born, bread and beansed in Lagos (i rep surulere). and I have friends that cuts across different tribes and religions I have learned to look beyond the tribe and see the person, i think you should as well.

I don't care where you are from, if you have anything to say to prove me wrong or contradict what I said with, do it or just let it go.

It's sad that instead of addressing this sad and tragic story, you are siting here talking about me based on whatever tribal issues you are obsessed with.

When you are done debating and analyzing your tribal issues, please don't for forget to shift your missguided attention to this sad story.

It is the same tribal concerns that blocks you people and your vision from the obvious truth we see and read about everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by CrazyMan(m): 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
If you want to enjoy your life on campus, Say no to cultism
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by homerac7: 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hey guys, dont fret! it's only militial maneouvres in preparation for possible boko haram invasion. cheesy

this is meant to send strong warning to boko guys that WE DONT JOKE!!! angry

if ds is how far we can go in TRAINING, then only imagine what we do in battle... cool

LOL

seriously, this is unfortunate
Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by Lordave: 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2012

I wonder why government never ban igbo (ganja) for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by bilaya(m): 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2012

Where were you when your Yoruba brothers were doing rituals in festac?They killed their own brother for rituals and were selling his body parts.Where were you when your Yoruba brothers were arrested for drug pushing?Useless pig like you.That your mother that does ashawo must be disappointed she gave birth to you through that her diseased punny.Swine.

14 Likes

Re: Cult Killings Re-emerges In Enugu - 8 People Shot Dead This Morning! by Lordave: 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
homerac7: Hey guys, dont fret! it's only militial maneouvres in preparation for possible boko haram invasion. cheesy

this is meant to send strong warning to boko guys that WE DONT JOKE!!! angry

if ds is how far we can go in TRAINING, then only imagine what we do in battle... cool

LOL

seriously, this is unfortunate
are you among the trainees?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gudumbali Attack: 12 Soldiers Killed, Dozens Missing In Battle With Boko Haram / Outrage As Robbers Stab UNIUYO Student / Why Pantami Must Resign Or Be Sacked- Punch Editorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.