Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Is The Power Supply Improvement PERMANENT Or TEMPORARY? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Power Supply Improvement PERMANENT Or TEMPORARY? (669 Views)

Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience / Reason Behind Electrical Power Supply Improvement / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Power Supply Improvement PERMANENT Or TEMPORARY? by FindOut(m): 11:22am On Aug 17, 2012
Guys, I posted a comment on the GEJ seeks feedback thread & that comment will serve as my opening post here.

Insult-free intelligent responses will be appreciated.

Pro GEJ, I welcome you guys. Please present your views on this & give us reasons to believe the power improvement will be permanent.

Anti GEJ, Pro-Good governance: Please let us present our views on this topic and also engage the Pro - GEJs constructively.

Anti GEJ for no concrete reason: Please move on to another thread. Thanks

After some months (especially after September), we can come here to compare notes with what will obtain then & what was said here.

My comment reproduced below:

Well, all i know ( & if most of us can
recall) is that in the few months
preceding the elections, power supply
in the country improved greatly. This
improvement started to decline
IMMEDIATELY AFTER ( seriously, less than 2 days after the results were
announced) the PRESIDENTIAL elections
which led many people to start asking
where the light came from. I believe
some people were even making crazy
(?) insinuations that powerful generators were imported to beef up
power stations.lol Now, very shortly after the House of
reps threatened impeachment, we have
begun to see this same improvement
again (yes, it has indeed improved in
my locale), but the question is this: Is
this GENUINE improvement or the same MAGOMAGO 'VOTE-FOR-ME, I AM
PERFOMING' improvement that we
witnessed before the elections last
year?

While the improvement may actually be
genuine & lasting (hopefully), there's
no point deceiving ourselves; there are
some very decietful powerful elements
in this government.

Time will tell.

To Uncle Barth & Uncle Jonathan, Abeg,
after September, make una no reduce
power output again o, coz apparently,
the oil cabal that put you people into
power are already losing money, & I'm
sure they'll be unhappy about that. However it is imperative that you not
be impeached so we know you know
they know that losing this money is for
the greater good. Please kindly notify
them to be prepared to continue losing more forever. They should feel free to divest their interests in diesel to other sectors like Agriculture. I'm sure you,
Uncle Jonathan will assist them in this
regard to ensure they make a lot of
money (tho hopefully this time, not at
the expense of Nigerians).

*Its no longer a secret that Nigerians
have DELIBERATELY been kept in
darkness all these years just so some
people can be feeding fat on sales of
PMS & diesel*
Re: Is The Power Supply Improvement PERMANENT Or TEMPORARY? by floriana(m): 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2012
You will soon find out.
Re: Is The Power Supply Improvement PERMANENT Or TEMPORARY? by FindOut(m): 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
floriana: You will soon find out.

I have found out now o!

Should have been back here earlier.

*revives thread with cold water*

Now, it's December, & just as I'd feared, power supply in my locale (somewhere around Ikeja) took a sharp nosedive around October (or when did Barth resign?).

Right now, we get to have uninterrupted darkness during the day(usually) & interrupted power supply during the night (usually). Despite the statistics put up by the FG over ''increased'' power generation, i really have doubts if this has reflected in power distribution across the country.
Re: Is The Power Supply Improvement PERMANENT Or TEMPORARY? by demmy(m): 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2012
Electricity will gradually become stable from early next year when Manitoba fully take over TCN. Patience.

(1) (Reply)

The $15m Ibori Money / Anenih, Others Meet To Revive Yar’adua’s Political Group / GEJ Launches Admin Progress Report. What Is Ur Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.