Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Who Will Win The Premier League? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Will Win The Premier League? (595 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? / Most Overated Player In The Premier League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Win The Premier League? by Jaykizz(m): 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2012
The 2012/2013 edition of the Premier League kicks of tomorrow in dramatic fashion as we've seen so many big teams recoup talented players to boost their chances of winning the title come 2013.

IMO, their are only 5teams that really have what it takes to grab this title although 2 of this 5teams seem to be the likeliest of options. I'll make my list of these teams in the order I believe they have the chances for glory.

MANCHESTER CITY
MANCHESTER UNITED
ARSENAL
CHELSEA
TOTTENHAM

MANCHESTER CITY: Be it as it may, man city are the current holders of this competition and I see them retaining their title. This is simply because they are a finished article with world class players filling every role on the pitch and on the bench. Also, this team has played together for atleast 2years, only with the exception of a very few of them. They also have an excellent manager in mancini, who to be honest, know how to read games very well as he did against chelsea in the community shield. Therefore my bet goes to them.

MANCHESTER UNITED: after putting in new acquisitions in their ranks (rvp, kagawa & powell), SAF surely has had 1 of the best transfer windows in a long time. Rvp, when fit, will always be a threat to epl defenders. And his combination with rooney wil be fantastic to watch. But a flaw lies in their midfield as man u has had to rely on the ever ageing paul scholes and ryan giggs to win games when it matters the most. They must have bought kagawa but kagawa isn't in the same mould as the two. He is more of a CAM & not an HM or Box-to-Box player. How they'll manage to solve that, I don't know but I see them coming second come may 2013.

Arsenal: They have a very experienced manager in AW. He has been the 'Heart & the Soul' of the club since he was brought to the club. But the board members are really the ones that have been behind arsenal's misdeamenours. If they don't change their approach to the game then I fear they might not win a trophy in some few years to come.
Truth be said, they have already acquired the services of Olivier Giroud, Santi Cazorla & Lucas Podolski. But to b fair, wen u allow your best players & ever reliable players to leave your club all in the name of money isn't a good policy for a 'Big Club' like Arsenal. No wonder why AW has only won 3league titles in his 16years at arsenal. The clubs orientation must change for the club to be the once 'envy of other clubs.'

CHELSEA & TOTTENHAM: The European Champions started their season with a defeat to epl champions. They & Tottenham are in the process of rebuilding their team because of the acquisitions of their new managers (although rdm has bn there earlier). I don't see spurs getting any position better than a 4th placed finish because of their new manager & the extent of competition in the league. Chelsea on their part really need time to gel as a team because the majority of their new recruits are starting berths and not backup players. & this might take up to a season for chelsea (that is even if rdm don't get sacked). But overall, chelsea are a good team and are big contenders in every competition they find themselves. Little wonder they won the UCL & FA CUP when no 1 gave them the chance as at march.

I know we are all keeping our fingers crossed as to who'll emerge winners as we all will want to support our respective clubs. Don't worry, there will be a poll as regards the team that'll win d epl & we do hope that the club that wins this poll wins the epl title come may 18, 2013. grin
Re: Who Will Win The Premier League? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2012
MANCHESTER CITY
Re: Who Will Win The Premier League? by Jaykizz(m): 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2012
Abeg se no poll again 4 nairaland ni? Mods I can't find a poll here!
Re: Who Will Win The Premier League? by Jaykizz(m): 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2012
kunletiwoo: MANCHESTER CITY
lmao, are u truly a city fan?
Re: Who Will Win The Premier League? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2012
Jaykizz:
lmao, are u truly a city fan?
Why do you ask? smiley
Re: Who Will Win The Premier League? by Jaykizz(m): 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2012
Coz mst peepz in africa c city as dia 2nd choiced team. I aint surprisd though as dy remain favorites.
Re: Who Will Win The Premier League? by Jaykizz(m): 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2012
Coz mst peepz in africa c city as dia 2nd choiced team. I aint surprisd though as dy remain favorites. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Finally, Mourinho Accepts To Be Chelsea Manager / David Beckham’s Last Moments As Footballer (photos) / 10 Things We Learned In Thetransfer Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.