Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,630 members, 7,861,948 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:30 AM

In Search Of Great Leader, Jonathan Engage Nairalanders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Search Of Great Leader, Jonathan Engage Nairalanders (510 Views)

Buhari Is A Great Leader And Is Determined To Fight Corruption- Reverend Mbaka / Post-Election: "I See Death Of 'Great' Politician In Nigeria" - TB Joshua / ABACHA, Our Great Leader! By Wale Salami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Search Of Great Leader, Jonathan Engage Nairalanders by LFJ: 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2012
I have read and heard much about many great leaders and what make these leaders to be great, and why are these great leaders popular and celebrated by their people.

I equally noticed that there is something similar in the way most of these great leaders rose to power; most of these great leaders came to power when their people needed them most. The question that has continued to torment my innocent mind is, were these great leaders came to power just by luck?

In my innocent response, the answer is no. Great followers elect great leaders; great followers do not elect their leaders based on religious or on ethnic sentiment. Great followers stand to say the truth because they are not blindfolded by their ethnic affiliation; they know which leader is good for which time.

I rejoice with those great followers who see their future, and that of generation behind in the great leader they elect today. I have asked myself millions of times that, who among our past and current leaders worth to be celebrate? Who among our leaders deserve the honor of a great leader? The more I tried to answer this question, the more my memory failed me. I don’t need the attention of historians to know what make Nelson Mandela great to people of South Africa neither do I need to carry elaborate research to know why Americans celebrate George Washington and Franklin Roosevelt.

After much soul searching, I have no option than to come to the conclusion that Nigeria is not ready for the great leader. Great leaders do not come by luck; people elect great leaders to do great things. Great followers elect the great leaders they need in time of trouble. How do we elect our own leaders? The answer is in how our so-called leaders of today get to their position. So my question is “WHEN IS OUR OWN GREAT LEADER GOING TO COME”.

(1) (Reply)

Rage Of Flood: 5 Bodies Recovered From River Niger / Uduaghan On Track / Here Is A Good Opportunity For Nigerians To Improve Their Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.