Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:51 PM

Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? (13105 Views)

How Christians Died For Their Faith While Muslims Kill For Islam / Christians Would You Kill For Your God? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by illicit(m): 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2012
I once got into an argument with my christian friend about faith and believe.

It got to a point that i asked him what if God tempt him like he did Abraham in the bible asking him to kill his son, i asked if he will do it? or attempt to ? at which my friend replied yes, he will kill his son if God ask him to, he said infact he will kill himself if asked too.....

i marveled, or what can this be called? I thought in my mind what if its not even God that's been speaking to you all dis while? maybe its just voices in your head or you've probably smoked too much weed times ago and now you are hallucinating.....

Would you kill a human being( helpless one not in self defence) if God dared you to?

3 Likes

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by illicit(m): 11:03am On Jul 03, 2013
Mod, dis topic no make sense to u? FP now pls

2 Likes

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by italo: 11:11am On Jul 03, 2013
But your Question said "What if God..." not "what if voices..." or "what if hallucination..."

10 Likes

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 03, 2013
GOD WOULD NOT TELL YOU TO SIN >>>> JAMES 1 VS 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

24 Likes

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by illicit(m): 10:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
obadiah777: GOD WOULD NOT TELL YOU TO SIN >>>> JAMES 1 VS 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
so who tempted abraham?

13 Likes

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by illicit(m): 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
italo: But your Question said "What if God..." not "what if voices..." or "what if hallucination..."

what if its not God u ve been hearin all dis while? What if u were just hallcinating?

1 Like

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by italo: 4:14am On Jul 04, 2013
illicit:
what if its not God u ve been hearin all dis while? What if u were just hallcinating?

If it is only hallucination and not God, I wont obey what I heard.
Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by illicit(m): 7:08am On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

u mean if its God, u will kill ur mum if he ask u to? 2nd question hw will u even knw its God, does he talk to u?

1 Like

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by italo: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2013
illicit:
u mean if its God, u will kill ur mum if he ask u to? 2nd question hw will u even knw its God, does he talk to u?

To your two questions: Yes!

1 Like

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 04, 2013
illicit:
so who tempted abraham?
ITS AN ALLEGORICAL STORY. GOD WILL NOT ASK ANYONE TO KILL THEIR CHILDREN

5 Likes

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by illicit(m): 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

u must be born again, i dont want to say u ve been brainwashed
Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by illicit(m): 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
obadiah777: ITS AN ALLEGORICAL STORY. GOD WILL NOT ASK ANYONE TO KILL THEIR CHILDREN
are u a xtain?
Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
illicit:
are u a xtain?
DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU MEAN BY CHRISTIAN. YOU DO KNOW CHRISTIAN IS A DEROGATORY WORD USED ON THE FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST IN ANTIOCH. ITS A SLUR. ITS NOT A GOOD WORD. ITS LIKE CALLING THOSE WHO GO TO OYAKHILOMES CHURCH, THE OYAKHILOMITES. OR THE TB JOSHUITES. OYEDEPITES, CHRIS OKOTITES

8 Likes

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Areaboy2(m): 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

HAHAHAHA.. you see how you're shooting yourself in the foot grin grin grin

obadiah777: ITS AN ALLEGORICAL STORY. GOD WILL NOT ASK ANYONE TO KILL THEIR CHILDREN

Right, so how do we pick and choose which story is allegorical and which isnt? It seems the bible is made up entirely of similar stories undecided

@topic.. God doesn't exist for me, so NO

1 Like

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
illicit: Mod, dis topic no make sense to u? FP now pls
Seconded.

1 Like

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

Could you tell if you were hallucinating?
Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
Area_boy:

Right, so how do we pick and choose which story is allegorical and which isnt? It seems the bible is made up entirely of similar stories undecided

@topic.. God doesn't exist for me, so NO
YOU DONT PICK AND CHOOSE, THE HOLY SPIRIT IN YOU PICKS AND CHOOSES. YOUR DUTY IS TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR LIFESTYLE IS SUCH THAT IT ENHANCES YOUR HOLY SPIRIT. AND YOUR ABILITY TO DISCERN AND INTERPRET WILL FOLLOW NATURALLY. ONE THING TO REMEMBER IS YOU DONT READ AND UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES BY YOUR OWN ABILITY, IT IS THE LORD THAT REVEALS HIS SECRETS TO THOSE WHO ARE WORTHY.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Areaboy2(m): 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
obadiah777: YOU DONT PICK AND CHOOSE, THE HOLY SPIRIT IN YOU PICKS AND CHOOSES. YOUR DUTY IS TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR LIFESTYLE IS SUCH THAT IT ENHANCES YOUR HOLY SPIRIT. AND YOUR ABILITY TO DISCERN AND INTERPRET WILL FOLLOW NATURALLY. ONE THING TO REMEMBER IS YOU DONT READ AND UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES BY YOUR OWN ABILITY, IT IS THE LORD THAT REVEALS HIS SECRETS TO THOSE WHO ARE WORTHY.

I was gonna come up with a clever response until i read that last part and I fell off my chair. cheesy cheesy cheesy

So, i'm not worthy... I'm guessing you think you are right? Hmmmm reminds me of something my hombre J to the e sus said kiss
Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2013
Area_boy:

I was gonna come up with a clever response until i read that last part and I fell off my chair. cheesy cheesy cheesy

So, i'm not worthy... I'm guessing you think you are right? Hmmmm reminds me of something my hombre J to the e sus said kiss
I NEVER SAID I WAS WORTHY. I AM TELLING YOU WHAT SCRIPTURES SAY. SCRIPTURES SAY THE LORD ONLY REVEALS HIS SECRETS TO SOME NOT ALL. ITS ALL SCRIPTURAL CHIEF. THIS AINT GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. DONT KILL THE MESSENGER grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Areaboy2(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
obadiah777: I NEVER SAID I WAS WORTHY. I AM TELLING YOU WHAT SCRIPTURES SAY. SCRIPTURES SAY THE LORD ONLY REVEALS HIS SECRETS TO SOME NOT ALL. ITS ALL SCRIPTURAL CHIEF. THIS AINT GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. DONT KILL THE MESSENGER grin grin

Oh it has everything to do with you!!! Did you not watch 300? what happened to the messenger? grin grin

THIS... IS.... NAIRALAAAAAAND!!!! *kicks buzugee inside gutter*

8 Likes

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
Area_boy:

Oh it has everything to do with you!!! Did you not watch 300? what happened to the messenger? grin grin

THIS... IS.... NAIRALAAAAAAND!!!! *kicks bugzee inside gutter*
grin grin grin grin * CLIMBS OUT OF GUTTER IN TEARS AND LIMPS HOME * cry

6 Likes

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Areaboy2(m): 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin grin * CLIMBS OUT OF GUTTER IN TEARS AND LIMPS HOME * cry

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by italo: 1:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
illicit:
u must be born again, i dont want to say u ve been brainwashed

If you said it, it wouldnt matter. It would only be your opinion.

I was born again in baptism.
Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by italo: 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2013
Area_boy:

How?
Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by italo: 1:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
fresh_dude: Could you tell if you were hallucinating?

I could tell if it were God...and if it werent.
Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by illicit(m): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
obadiah777: DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU MEAN BY CHRISTIAN. YOU DO KNOW CHRISTIAN IS A DEROGATORY WORD USED ON THE FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST IN ANTIOCH. ITS A SLUR. ITS NOT A GOOD WORD. ITS LIKE CALLING THOSE WHO GO TO OYAKHILOMES CHURCH, THE OYAKHILOMITES. OR THE TB JOSHUITES. OYEDEPITES, CHRIS OKOTITES
but dats d generally accepted word for qualifying dem, it dont matter, its even in d bible, d question can be put like dis, if i own a bakery n u work there, then just one evening after all we ve done i as k u to go into d store and destroy all d days work just to test ur obedience, does dat sound rational to u? Wont u think dat i myt be tryin to frame u up? So u will just go in n do dat?
Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by illicit(m): 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

lets learn to be rational, if God cud single handedly creat d world, he shd knw ur heart he dont have to let u attempt murder to prove ursef, murder is murder wether God sent or not

1 Like

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

But if you were hallucinating you wouldn't even "know". You wouldn't be in control of your cognitive faculties, would you? Hence, you'd, by default, do what "God" commanded.

1 Like

Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by italo: 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
illicit:
lets learn to be rational, if God cud single handedly creat d world, he shd knw ur heart he dont have to let u attempt murder to prove ursef, murder is murder wether God sent or not

But God hasnt asked me to kill anyone.

The question said "what if...?"
Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by illicit(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
italo:

But God hasnt asked me to kill anyone.

The question said "what if...?"

if iu were abraham, wud u hav obeyed?
Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
illicit:
but dats d generally accepted word for qualifying dem, it dont matter, its even in d bible, d question can be put like dis, if i own a bakery n u work there, then just one evening after all we ve done i as k u to go into d store and destroy all d days work just to test ur obedience, does dat sound rational to u? Wont u think dat i myt be tryin to frame u up? So u will just go in n do dat?
ITS ALLEGORICAL wink
Re: Can You Kill For God To Prove Your Faith? by italo: 5:17am On Jul 05, 2013
illicit:
if iu were abraham, wud u hav obeyed?

I'd love to, I cannot say for certain. I dont know what formed Abraham's faith. I dont know what kind of faith experiences he had that made him so convinced about his action.

Judging from my own experiences, I will do it if I am convinced it is God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anna Beam Miraculously Rises From The Dead And Is Healed Of Uncurable Illness. / Jesus Was Born Years Earlier Than Thought. - Pope / Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.