Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,867 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Selfish And Heartless - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Selfish And Heartless (8965 Views)

Kim Kardashian's Book "Selfish" To Be Released May 5 / Heartless Life Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 2:44pm On Mar 28, 2013
^lol, are you fearing grin
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ade was never a business oriented fellow, he believed in having a degree and getting a good job, perhaps due to his father's continous statemen; his only son must be a graduate. Why would he even think towards such direction in the first place, after studying a 4year course in the university. If he had wanted to go into business, he wouldn't have bothered himself going to the university, he would have learnt his uncle's trade, his uncle, who never attended any tertiary institution, was into computer business, he buys computer systems and sells, he also had a cyber cafe and from what he gathered while living with him, business was good.

Ade had come to live with his uncle in Lagos after his parents died in a boat mishap, they were on their way to attend a funeral of a relative, he would have loved to accompany them if not that he was writing his last paper of his senior school certificate examination(SSCE) It was a very bad experience for him, he cried for days without stop, he lost almost half of his weight in 3days, he didn't eat, he just kept crying. He was the only child of his parents, it was as if he had no reason to live, his parents were is world, they meant everything to him. Life became miserable for him afterwards.

He tasted the reality of life when his father's relatives took over all the properties belonging to his parents, all the farmland and the house, they only gave him a room to stay, and told him to forget about furthering his education, they lied his parent left no money for such even though is father was a successful man.

Ade's father, Mr. Olaonipekun was a successful farmer, he had acres of land where different crops were grown and harvested. He was into cocoa and cassava farming majorly, and he made good profit from them. He was a man who loved his family dearly; he helped a lot of his family members and even villagers, everyone knew him to be a very nice man. His only undoing was to make his elder brother, Baba Ibeji, his next of kin.

Everyone in the village knew Baba Ibeji to be a wicked man who envied his success, he was well known for his juju, his eyes were always red and his clothes looked faded and dirty, even if he wore new clothes. People had alluded this to his wickedness. It was even rumored that he was responsible for his younger brother's death.
Ade's father wouldn't listen to anyone who tried to caution him about his brother, not even to his wife. He had thought his brother would take care of his family after his demise, unfortunately, the reverse was the case.

Ade started feeling resentment towards people, the people his father helped acted as if they didn’t know him, what annoyed him most was his father’s relatives, they became hostile towards him. He hardly ate 3 square meals a day and he was meant to work long hours on his father's farm. While lying in his room one day, he had thought about running away, but he didn’t know where to run to, he thought about his uncle's place in Lagos, but he didn't know who to get there, his uncle was the one who took him there when he stayed with him during his holidays. He became a slave in his fathers house…

He endured this hardship for almost a year, he became sullen and despondent, he didn’t have friends, and he hardly had time to socialize. His fortune however changed, when his maternal uncle, uncle Banjo came to visit him one beautiful Saturday morning; Ade didn’t mince words as he narrated the ordeal he was going through. Uncle Banjo was his mothers’ younger brother; he was a very nice man and he was very fund of him. His uncle was married with three kids, the first born tope happened to be Ade’s age mate. Ade had spent some time with him and his family few years back, after he finished his junior WAEC, he enjoyed his stay and always asked his mother to allow him go for another visit, but his mother refused, she didn’t like Ade out of her sight for too long.

He pleaded with his uncle to take him to Lagos, he wanted to go to the university, he wanted to become an accountant.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by Chins: 3:33pm On Mar 28, 2013
You can write, this is good, wanna hear more
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2013
Chins: You can write, this is good, wanna hear more

Thank you very much, i'll try my best to bring you more.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2013
Yemisi couldn’t say anything; she was weakened by her husband’s narration. She was standing with arms akimbo when she noticed reflections from the window, rays of light from the sun was flickering into the room, she quickly glanced at the wall clock, it was already 7:15 am, she had better leave her husband and prepare for work or else, she would be very late, she reasoned.

She worked at a privately owned primary school in their neighborhood, about two streets away from their home, she was a teacher there, she never had a reason to get a job before, but she had to, when her husband lost his own job. She couldn’t get a job of her choice due to her poor grade she made from the university, she graduated with a pass. When things became difficult, she had no choice but to get any job that would pay the bills; teaching job seems to be the only one available and possible for her to do.

She dressed up and got ready for work, remembering that her husband didn’t eat the night before, she dashed outside to meet up with buying “ewa agaonyi” and yam from their regular customer, a Togolese woman, who was already outside, screaming at the top of her voice with a funny Yoruba accent; “e lewa yin ti de o!” She bought for herself and her husband; she couldn’t wait to eat, so she decided to take it along with her to work in a food flask instead.
“I am going to work” she said, picking up her bag and was about to leave, then she turned towards her husband who was lying on the bed,
“Your food is on the table; you better eat it now before it gets cold”.
“Thank you” He replied,
“I’ll be eating later; I think I have lost my appetite”
“Appetite wouldn’t be the only thing you’ll lose if rent is not paid” she thought within herself.
“Okay, see you later”, she shrugged and left without even looking at him. On a normal day, she would have added” love you” and a kiss, but she couldn’t bring the words forth, nor show any form of affection, she was really disappointed in him.

Immediately she left, Ade sat up and pounced on the food like a hungry lion, he was definitely hungry, he pretended not to be just to get sympathy from his wife, such tricks had worked wonders in the past…but things have changed he noticed, he could sense his wife’s attitude had changed, “but what would he have done?” He asked himself feeling sorry.

He looked around the small room and gave a big sigh, he had nowhere to go, there was no electricity, and the whole house will be boring within a moment he thought. He had submitted is CV at countless number of companies, he had written test upon test and nothing seems to be working out, “this country is messed up, people are just too selfish and heartless” he fumed. He lay on his back, staring endlessly at the ceiling fan, he noticed some dirt and he thought “ha, Yemisi hasn’t been doing anything in this house o” “look at how dirty the fan is?” “She is a very lazy woman” he concluded in his mind. But that was not the case, he knew better, he knew his wife wasn’t lazy, but he was just trying to find fault in her, something that would make him feel good about himself.

Ade grabbed his phone and scrolled to the calendar menu, he wanted to check again if Friday would be the last working day of the month, the date was Monday 25th of April, almost 2years he had lost his job with Best Bank plc, he thought, but he didn’t want to think about it, his mind wouldn’t let go.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2013
It was during his third year in the banking sector that he was sacked, before then, he was happy and pleased, he had always envied bankers, the way they suite up and handled numbers, they had this charisma, they always looked intelligent and successful. One of the reasons he decided to study accounting.

He was retained after his youth service with the bank, he served in Cross River state; he applied for a transfer and he was granted. He was so elated that he felt on top of the world. He would have stayed back in cross river if he had known, for barely 2years in Lagos head office, his troubles started.

“Mr Remi Ogunwande”,he remembered the name of his boss, the source of his present predicament, still thinking, he said; “selfish and heartless fellow”. “How can someone be so wicked just because of money?” the whole event started to play back in his memory like a home video, he wanted to stop, he wished it was a home video he could stop or eject and throw away the disk, but this is no home video, it was his reality and there is nothing he could do about it.

He remembered how warm he was received by his boss the first day he resumed for work at the head office, Mr. Ogunwande had asked him of his hometown, which he replied that he was from Ogun state, Ijebu water-side to be precise. His boss had said immediately that he was his in-law since his wife was also from Ijebu water-side. He felt at home and in safe hands.

Little did he know he was getting himself into big trouble, because his boss was a con man. Unknown to him, his boss was already into fraud, he was trading with customer’s funds without their consent, he would have been caught if not that he had accomplices among staff members, in fact, they were a team and they were very smart at covering their tracks.

Part of Ade’s responsibilities in his section, included confirming cheques, and paying into respective accounts, he did his work diligently, and never had any reason to be wary about his colleagues or even his boss.
He had just got back from his annual leave, he noticed that there was audit being carried out, but what really got to him was the attitude of his boss and some of his colleagues, they were apparently apprehensive, he couldn’t understand why, he thought maybe the stress of the job was getting the best of them he had thought.

Ade went straight to work, not minding what was going on around him. Although he always verifies an account before paying into it, he made a mistake of paying 300millon naira into a wrong account. The money belonged to a telecommunication company that operated two accounts with the bank; one of the accounts was made dormant while the other was active. Ade didn’t know that, he had paid into the account which was no longer active.

His boss noticed this, but didn’t inform him, because he was having his own troubles, the market had crashed, and he made serious loss in trading with customers funds, sooner or later, he was going to be caught. He saw an opportunity and he took advantage of it, using his position and access to important information, he transferred the money into an offshore account, he disappeared that very next day.

Ade didn’t notice his mistake, not until the company made a formal complaint to the bank, and then the audit firm had noticed discrepancies in their section. Ade and his colleagues were arrested and tortured by the police, he was later found innocent, but his appointment with the bank was terminated. Ade had spent all he had saved, bribing the police and pressing necessary buttons; no one came to his aid except his wife and uncle banjo that stood by him all through.

Ade rolled over to his right, he was tired and restless, he wished Friday had come, so he could ease his mind and think of what else to do. He thought some more about his life, the way things had turned out and wondered if he wasn’t cursed or something. A stray thought came to his mind,
“Look at you, your problem started when you visited your village, didn’t you go and visit baba ibaji and gave him some money?”
“Yes o, I did visit baba ibeji 2years ago, and it was after I returned that all this started happening” he replied himself
“Ha!” he shouted, “it must be baba ibeji that placed a curse mark on me o”
He started to blame himself, “why did I even go to visit someone who had been cruel to me? Still talking to himself, “yeah, he must be the one behind his misfortune” he concluded.

“I must find solution to my problem” he thought, “there must be someone who can help” he thought of telling his wife about it, but he knew his wife would be no party to such things, he then decided to look for solution on his own.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by Mutaino7(m): 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2013
Never have i see reality in plain writing as this. You are something else seriously.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by tbaba1234: 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2013
From fry pan to fire... Ade is the "selfish and heartless fellow”... He is about to cause more wahala for his wife....

JazakAllahu Khair...

Good work.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 4:35am On Apr 08, 2013
Mutaino7: Never have i see reality in plain writing as this. You are something else seriously.
Wow, you making my head swell o...
Thank you very much.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 4:47am On Apr 08, 2013
tbaba1234: From fry pan to fire... Ade is the "selfish and heartless fellow”... He is about to cause more wahala for his wife....

JazakAllahu Khair...

Good work.
Wa iyakum,
Thank you very much bro, i really appreciate your comment.

You are right about Ade, he wouldn't have been like that, his experience in life so far as turned him into what he is, the reason i tried to write some background stories...
Re: Selfish And Heartless by beycitee(m): 10:34am On Apr 08, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
hw i wish u can update more......this write up is supperb........i can only imagin wat Ade is going tru...
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2013
@beycitee
I must say, i wish i can just write everything out within a day, infact, its a done deal in my head, but, i'm still a learner lol, just bear with me.
Update should be coming tomorrow, God willing...
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 9:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
Aunty! Aunty! Aunty! “I want to poo poo, the continuous tugging and little voice of one of her pupil jolted her back to reality.
“Oh, sorry dear” she said, she looked around for the school cleaner, “mama, please come,” she beckoned “kindly take this girl to the toilet, she wants to poo poo” she told the school cleaner who was dosing at one corner, “she must be tired from all her cleaning exercise in the morning” Yemisi thought. She looked on as the old woman took hold of the little girl’s hand and led her into the toilet, she looked at the little girl again and thought perhaps her own daughter too would have been her age mate or close, she felt her stomach tightened, she felt a little bit dizzy and quickly went back into the classroom.

She entered back into her class, there was little to do other than keep them children busy with one activity or the other, it’s either she plays cartoon for them or she brings out the toys for them to play with. Her major work is when it’s time for them to eat; she would move from one table to the other and help almost each of them to eat. That is her daily routine at kg 2 classroom, more like babysitting, she even closes school around 5 or 6pm, because some parents had made arrangement with her, the working parents who had no one to stay with their kids.

The sound from the TV was very loud, “I love you, you love me…” the children were all trying to sing along, it was barney and friends that was being played on the DVD, she sat down and rested her head on the table, she looked very tired as if she had been working for several hours without stop, it was just 10:15am, how come she was this tired she couldn’t understand.

Her mind was basically revolving around her husband, she tried to remember the good old days, how very brilliant and confident he was, a tall and handsome charmer any day, but things have changed, how things turned out to be this way. She remembered how he was always optimistic, managing school work and organizing tutorials for his colleagues and new students. He was dubbed proff by his mates, the way he teaches was second to none.

Yemisi had admired Ade the first day they met, even though, she was first angered by his action, but getting to know him more made her fall in love with him. She had wondered if ever he found her attractive or even interested in her at all. Her hopes of ever impressing him was dashed when their results started coming in; she had like 4 carry over in her first semester only. She later got over her inferiority complex when he himself showed support and willingness to help her with her studies...

Yemisi hated mathematics, anything calculations made her confused; accounting wasn’t her choice, rather her fathers. Left for her, she would have loved to go for literature or linguistics; she was fascinated by art, poetry and language. But she was scared of her father, not only her, everyone was scared of him.

Chief Olowolayemo was a shrewd and ruthless business man, he was called an “Overtaker”, cos of the way he took over competitors businesses with ease. On the home front, they called him general, he gives command as if he is on a war front, his voice thick and loud, the house vibrates when he speaks. She often she cried when her father shouts at her when she was younger.

They were only two girls, her younger sister, Yinka who was 7years younger was never like her, she was bold, never afraid of their father, perhaps because they almost have the same character, both of them do not see eye to eye.

Things later changed, Yemisi became bolder and decided she won’t let her father’s actions affect her life; she would seek happiness no matter what, even if she was to go against her father’s wish.

Yemisi still engulfed in her thought, remembered how Ade proposed to her while they were about to go for their youth service, she was surprised and excited when he did; though she had thought about it repeatedly and was almost giving up the thought and like a miracle, viola he made the move. She didn’t hesitate to say yes, she was so elated. They didn’t waste time, Ade wanted to be married to her as soon as possible, and they’ve been good friends since their 100level.

She was a little bit skeptical when Ade said he wanted to come and visit her parents, he wanted to make it formal, he had said, his plan was to get married to her immediately after their youth service, so he thought it wise to come meet with his future in-laws.

“No!” her father shouted, “I won’t let you marry that riff raff, he is a gold digger, he is nothing, how dare he come and ask for the hand of my daughter” the words of her father shattered her completely, Ade who had come to formally meet with the Olowolayemos was standing dumbfounded in the living room as he heard the man roared, he was devastated. He wanted to stay and persuade the man, but it was the mother that told him to quickly take his leave if he didn’t want more trouble for himself.

Ade was barred from visiting her and vice versa, but they still kept in touch. All efforts to persuade her father to agree to their union didn’t work out. She later decided she will marry Ade with or without her father’s approval.

They had a small wedding at the registry, only witnessed by friends; her father disowned her afterwards, and instructed the family never to contact her at all. Things moved on fine and she never really missed her family until when their problems started.

“perhaps I should call home” she thought, “I should call and seek daddy’s forgiveness” “I don’t think I can continue like this” her eyes were already teary, she missed her family dearly, though she communicates with her younger sister and her mum, they even send money to her too, but not being able to visit them was very devastating.

Her parents were living in Abuja while her sister was schooling abroad, extended family was a no no, they were never that close to them, they had lived in isolation.

She heard the bell rang, it was already break time, she slowly got up and moved towards the children, “time is really running fast today o” “now my work just began” she thought with a weak smile on her face.

Yemisi was feeding her last student when she heard her phone rang, “who could that be?” she felt reluctant to go pick the call, some of her pupils were shouting and playing around her, it was like chaos in the class, she hated it when they start this behavior of theirs, she had noticed they become overtly playful after break, maybe due to surplus energy from their food.

“Aunty! Aunty! Your phone is ringing”, one of her pupils came by her pointing to her bag on the table, she looked at the little boy and thought “he must be smart enough to bring her phone” “ok, go and bring the phone” she said looking at him. The little boy ran excitedly towards her bag, fumbled a little bit with the latch, he grasped the phone as if he was holding a trophy and ran back to her.

She collected the phone and noticed 3 missed calls already; this person must really want to speak with her she thought. She was about checking who the person is when she saw “my daddy” on the screen. “Daddy!” she screamed, and the class went silent.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2013
She became frightened, scared, she was petrified her thoughts went wild; “could it be something bad has happened? Why would her dad be calling her?” She kept on staring at the phone until it went dead. She clicked on the missed calls and saw the missed calls were all from him, “this is no mistake, he definitely wants to speak to her” she reasoned.

The phone rang again, she picked up after the second ring and said “hello” faintly almost like a whisper.

“Hello Yemisi, where did you put your phone? I have been calling your line now”
The voice she heard wasn’t her father’s, she was relieved, it’s definitely her mom’s, but is she going nuts? Why would she even try to use her father’s phone to call her, or is father…” she stopped her thought right there and quickly said “hello mummy what is the matter, where is daddy?” “Hope everyone is fine?”

“Come down Yemisi, everyone is fine” her mom replied, “Hope you are doing fine as well?” “What about your husband?

“Mummy, I’m fine, Ade is fine too, thank you” where is daddy? How come you are phoning with his number?” she inquired.

“Your daddy asked me to call you; he said he wants to see you”

“What?! Are you serious?! Why did he want to see me?!” Yemisi asked surprised

“well, he has changed, he has been talking about you in the past few days” her mum replied

Yemisi was dumbfounded, what could have changed his father, this is not the general she knew
“eh, erm, I don’t even know what to say” she said stuttering.

“Just come home and pay him a visit, he really misses you, we all miss you” her mum continued.

“why didn’t he call me himself?” she asked, “why didn’t he want to talk to me himself?” where is he?’ “Is he there with you right now?”

“Actually, he his sleeping now, he said he felt bad what he had done to you, he just want you back home” “please say you’ll come ehn Yemisi?” her mother pleaded.

“Even your sister is here, speak with her”

Yemisi heard her sisters voice, this must be true or else something terrible has happened and they didn’t want to tell her.

“Tell me Yinka, what is wrong with daddy?” “Please don’t lie to me” she said knowing Yinka would definitely give her the answers if something was really going wrong.

“It’s true sis, daddy wants to see you, that is why I came back sis, we ain’t on holidays yet, you should come, daddy has really changed” her sister assured her.

“This sound too good to be true, okay then, I’ll come as soon as I can” yemisi said feeling a little bit excited.

“When will you come?” her sister asked, and immediately her mother collected the phone and said “you’ll be coming when? Tomorrow? She asked with eagerness

Yemisi laughed a little, “mummy, it’s not that easy, I have work and I need to inform Ade too…”

Her mum cuts in and said; “what work? Is it that yeye babysitting you call work?”

“Mummy it’s not babysitting, I am a teacher and moreover i can’t just leave without properly informing the school authority” “and I’ll have to ask Ade too” she replied.

“Okay I understand, her mum said, “just come within this week”

“haba mummy, is there something you are hiding from me? Or why are you so keen on me coming this week”

“Okay take your time, is just that I miss you so much and want you back home soon” her mum said not wanting to provoke her daughter

“Alright ma, I am also eager to come home, I’ll come as soon as possible”

They said bye and she terminated the call, it must be true then, she thought, daddy must have changed if not they wouldn’t have used his phone to make the call. She felt excited and it was as if life was just blown into her, she looked around her and called out to her pupils; “come and let’s sing a song”.

1 Like

Re: Selfish And Heartless by siddiq202(m): 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
*Subscribing*

Nice work

1 Like

Re: Selfish And Heartless by oyestephen(m): 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2013
Nice....more grease to your elbow
Re: Selfish And Heartless by princesa(f): 9:58am On Apr 11, 2013
story......spell bounding!

Stephen...na wah oh, common 1million naira, abeg knack hand jówink
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 8:36pm On Apr 12, 2013
^^^ grin lol, you sef harsh o, 1 milla no be small money na...

@sidiq202 thank you bro, appreciate wella...

@Oyestephen, thankyou plenty, you guys give me strenght to write more(i for don run comot te te lol).

To readers and followers, thank you for taking your time to read my work, please overlook my arrangements for now, just keep enjoying the story wink
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 8:44pm On Apr 12, 2013
Yemisi got back home feeling excited, she just can’t wait to inform Ade about the good news, maybe things was about to change for the better, maybe God has answered her prayers for she was already losing faith.

Ade was on the single chair facing the TV, there was light and he was glued to the TV, he almost didn’t notice his wife coming in, he was watching a movie, it was jet li’s fist of the legend.

“Good evening” yemisi greeted

“hun hmm, welcome” he replied still his eyes glued to the screen

“What are you watching? Is it interesting?” she inquired as she dropped her bag on the centre table and sat on the bed, pulling off her sandals with her feet one after the other.

“hun yeah” he replied indignantly

“I have a surprise o, guess who called me today?” she said enthusiastically

Ade felt more disturbed, this is Jet Li for God’s sake, “it seems she just want to get on my nerves” he thought.

“You know I’m not good at guessing, why don’t you tell me and let me concentrate on this film please” ade said almost with an outburst

“Was I not the one who bought the DVD collection?” “Why are you acting as if you must watch it today?” yemisi said, obviously annoyed with his attitude

“Do you want to tell me about the surprise or fill my ears with all the things you bought in this house?” “You know how much I love Jet Li and you are also very well acquainted with almighty NEPA with the way they toy with power ehn”
“And moreover, it is my ears that will do the listening so what is it?” Ade said all these still facing the TV screen.

Yemisi thought for a second, she didn’t want to let him spoil her mood, so she waved off his attitude and decided to tell him the surprise anyway;

“Daddy called me today” she said

Ade immediately paused the movie and turned towards his wife, “what?!”
“Who called you? Are you serious?!” he exclaimed
“If this is your idea of a joke please stop it” he said with a frown on his face

Yemisi quickly brought out her phone to show him the missed and received calls; she told him what had been the reason for the call and how soon they want her back home at Abuja.

Ade started to feel insecure, so many thoughts raced across his mind, why is it now he is having troubles financially is this happening, perhaps this is a ploy to take his wife away from him, this can’t be happening he thought, yemisi is his wife and nobody can take her away from him.

“In fact, mummy had wanted me to come tomorrow” yemisi had continued when she heard her husband shout

“No! I can’t let you go”

“Why?” she asked baffled

“Since all these years, have you forgotten how your dad treated me?
“He made me feel like a nobody, he humiliated me”

She cuts in and said “but that was then ade, mummy said he has changed, everyone knew he was very cruel with the way he trats people, he disowned me, her own daughter!” “But still, I have forgiven him, and if he has really changed, and asked me to come, then I think I should” she concluded.

“My answer still is No!” ade replied getting up from his sit, agitated.
“You are not going anywhere, and that’s final” he concluded.

“How can you say that ade, what is wrong with you?” “It’s my family we are talking about here, can’t you see we’ve suffered enough and…”

Ade didn’t let her finish her statement, before he said “ha han! That is it, very good, is it because I don’t have money abi?” he said and then continued
“How am I so sure you are not even lying about your father, so this is your plan abi?”

“What plan?” yemisi asked still confused,

“Shut up, you think I am stupid abi? Ehn?”
“You think I didn’t know that it would come to this abi? Since you started discussing what is going on here with your mum, and she started sending you money”
“Have they found another man for you? Tell me!” Ade asked raising his voice

Yemisi couldn’t believe her ears, she looked startled, is this paranoia or what. She had always informed him of every conversation she had with her mum, so this idea he was spewing was kind of frustrating and insulting.

“Me, another man? What are you saying Ade? And please you don’t need all this you are doing” “why are you acting this way?” she asked, trying to understand him,
“I have been true to you, through thick and thin, and this is what you have to say?” yemisi further asked

“Please spare me all that” ade said waving her off with his hand, “it is either you are the husband or i am, and if I am still the husband in this house, I said you are not going and that is final” he picked up his wallet and stormed out of the house without saying where he was going.

Yemisi was taken aback with this new development of her husband, she couldn’t hold back the tears that were trickling down from her eyes, and she cried and cried and wished this was just a bad dream, that she’ll wake up and everything would okay, non of this had happened.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by oyestephen(m): 8:47pm On Apr 12, 2013
princesa: story......spell bounding!

Stephen...na wah oh, common 1million naira, abeg knack hand jówink
*common* aint working yet....a little patience and I'll bet with any amount....
Ade and some married guys just need a bit of patience.....when a guy starts feeling insecure...that's an open letter to trouble
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 9:45pm On Apr 12, 2013
^^^Hey now, don't go all betting with your hard earned money o
#justsaying wink

And you are right, but under Ade's circumstances, you wouldn't really blame him for being paranoid, he's under a lot of pressure(this sound a good reason abi grin)
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
Days went by, Ade and Yemisi were at loggerheads, with each party adamant to their position, life was though, and Yemisi had had enough, she wanted to go home, she wanted to go relieve herself from the melancholy she constantly feel everyday of her life with her husband.

It was Friday the 30th of April, the day Ade had been anticipating, he woke up with a smile on his face, today I shall be a 100,000 richer he thought, he had invested 12,000 naira money meant for their six months’ rent and also, 40,000 naira he collected from uncle Banjo to start a recharge card business.

His spirit was high, so he wanted to reconcile with his wife, they had not talked as husband and wife for days, and he himself had felt the effect so hard, he felt so lonely for those number of days.

“Wake up onitemi, its morning already, aren’t you going to work?” Ade said nudging his wife

Yemisi was surprised, what had entered into her husband this morning, or is he tired of behaving like a 10year old who lost his play toy, she thought.

“Wake up now, you’ll be late for work o” Ade continued to tap her gently

Yemisi opened her eyes and saw that the room was still a little bit dark, then she noticed the grin on Ade’s face, she thought “what in the world is he so excited about?”

“Today is Friday you know, I’ll be going over to Ojuelegba today at the oil and gas company to collect the money”

Yemisi still talking within herself, “oh dear, I had totally forgotten about that, is that why he is this excited” she asked herself

She felt sorry for him again and then thought what she was about to do to him, maybe it wasn’t fair, maybe it was the right thing to do afterall,

“Ah han, say something na, I am talking to you” Ade snapped at her

“Good morning, I heard what you said” she quickly replied

“Once I get the money, I’ll just come over to the landlord and pay him immediately” he said

“I knew he was just bluffing about going to court, he was just trying to scare me” he continued

Yemisi didn’t know what to say, she just kept on looking at him as if he was not there

“What is even wrong with you?!” he shouted, obviously annoyed

“Why are you doing as if you can’t understand what I am saying?” he asked still looking annoyed

“I am sorry” she replied, “I think I am not feeling fine”

“What is the matter?” “What is wrong with you” he inquired

“I don’t know, I feel very tired and weak, I think its malaria”
Before Yemisi could finish her statement, she got up swiftly and took a bowl that was lying close to the bed, and she vomited immediately.

“This is serious o!” Ade exclaimed,

“You’ll have to go to the hospital o”

Yemisi waved him off, and said “I don’t think so; I’ll just go and get an anti-malaria drug once I’m through with my daily routine”

“No, this is serious; when last did you even vomit because you had malaria?”

“I think you should go to the hospital, so they can do a test to know whether its malaria or typhoid” he insisted

“There is no money for that now, moreover, I think I need rest and I’ve already informed them at the school that I won’t be coming today” Yemisi replied

“Okay then, I’ll quickly go, so I’ll be back early for you to go to the hospital” Ade said conclusively

“Okay, no problem” she replied him.

Ade quickly gets about preparing himself and set out to Ojuelegba, office of Frazcorp oil and gas limited without wasting much time.

As soon as Ade left the house, Yemisi who had her own plans, was also preparing to leave, she had planned to travel to Abuja, she had requested her mummy to send her money for transport cos she didn't have that much with her, her mum had sent her money for flight, and her flight was to leave by 10:00 am.

She looked around the room, she looked for any other of her belongings she would need, she felt sad and even became more determined to embark on her journey, they just can’t continue to live like this, and this is an opportunity to turn things around for good. At least she was meant to be a managing director in one of her father’s company; she’ll be entitled to a house and a car. And if what they are saying about her father is something to go by, then he’ll also have to help her husband she thought.

She looked over the note she had written for her husband, she read it again and was satisfied with the contents, “he’ll understand” she thought, reassuring herself. She placed it on the centre table and placed the remote control on it so that Ade would see it. She left the house with her head raised high, looking towards a new life, better days ahead.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 10:02pm On Apr 17, 2013
Ade got to Frazcorp oil and gas office at Funsho Williams avenue, he saw a mammoth crowd in front of the building and was wandering what could be wrong this early, his heart started pounding faster and he couldn’t breathe properly, “this must not be what I am thinking” he said to himself.

He got into the compound, everywhere was in disarray, they formed little clusters of discussion group, and they all looked bothered and concerned. Ade tried to find out what was really going on, so he approached a man on suit and thought maybe he could give some information in regards to what was going on,

“Good morning sir, what is happening here” he inquired

“Yes, this megalopolis is construed to be proportionately infested by psychomaniacs”

“Ehn?!” Ade looking more confused

“Hehehehehehe, you are a mad man hehehehehe” the man continued to chuckle and grin at the same time.

No one told Ade before he quickly moved along, “this one no gbadun o” he thought.

Still moving through the crowd and trying to figure out what was really amiss, he heard a woman shout, so he quickly tried to locate the direction of the sound then he saw a fat woman who was already rolling on the floor crying and sweating profusely, people tried to pull her up but she was so fat and wouldn’t even let them help her.

“Ha! Temi bami!, owo wo gbo!”

“Ha kini ma so fun iya bose, iya tanwa” she rolled on the floor again crying

“Owo cooperative” she said and kept on crying.

It gradually dawned on him that definitely what was feared had happened, they had all been duped!

He was dejected, depressed and angry, what in the world could make people do such a thing?! People are just plain selfish and heartless; he looked around and saw different kinds of people, from the elderly, to the youth, male and female, all being duped by some few people who are just selfish.

He decided to leave, cos there was nothing else to be done, the office was under lock and keys anyway. He later got information that they had stopped coming to the place for almost a week now, he shook his head in pity, pity for himself, how come he fell for such a trick; he swore to kill them with his bare hands if he ever meets with any of them face-to-face.

As he was about to step out of the gate, he saw policemen and officers from the economic and financial crimes commission(EFCC), there was nothing more to find out, he thought, surely they have been 419ed.

Outside the gate, he saw the men from EFCC addressing the crowd, he needn’t go inside to listen to what they had to say, the expression of the crowd said it all, people screamed and cried, both hands on their head, the fat woman was at it again, on the floor whaling seriously, this woman needs special attention he thought.

Ade stood outside the gate for what seemed like forever, thinking what else to do, where to go, he remembered Yemisi was ill and would need medical attention; he remembered he needed to pay house rent, all these troubled him, he walked along the road as if he was being pushed, someone whose life worth nothing, he was nothing.

He got to the bus stop and stood oblivious of what was happening around him, he was deep in thought, life had no meaning to him again, perhaps death is better he thought, if he died, all his sufferings would end, what was he even living for anyway.

Yemisi’s mother and her younger sister were at the arrival lounge waiting for her, the moment they saw her, they couldn’t hide their happiness, her mother couldn’t hold back the tears as she saw what her daughter had become, far from how she looked before, stress, poor diet and living condition were written all over her, but she was happy though, extremely happy that her daughter was back.

“Welcome, oko mi, hope the journey wasn’t stressful?”

“Thank you ma, not at all, the journey was okay” she replied.

“Sister mi, you look so skinny, aren’t you eating?” her sister teased

“Shut up and help your sister with her bag” her mum snapped at Yinka

Yemisi laughed and wasn’t bothered at all, she was happy to be back with her family, seeing her mother and her sister was like a dream come true.

The driver carried the bags into the boot and they were ready to go, she and her mom sat in the back while Yinka sat next to the driver, she didn’t sit still, she was often turning back to look at her sister and listen to the chit-chat.

Yemisi, took in the beautiful scenery of Abuja, things had changed since the last time she was here she noticed, as the car navigate the familiar roads and places, she felt nostalgic, she remembered her friends, the endless shopping, how much she had loved doing that, but now, she felt it was a pure waste, there is more to life than that, she had tasted poverty, she knew how the pangs of hunger felt, she became determined to always assist the less privileged in the society no matter what.

They got home, and Yemisi couldn’t believe her eyes, the house looked bigger and extremely beautiful, a 5 bedroom mansion sitting on a 4 and half plot of land, there is a swimming pool and a basket ball/lawn tennis court, flowers were planted all round which added extra beauty to the structure.

Yemisi was still admiring the structure, something she never did while living in it, when she saw her father on the porch. Her feeling was mixed, happiness and anger, she felt her heartbeat raised, she didn’t know how to greet him, what to say or even how to look at him, she stood there transfixed.

1 Like

Re: Selfish And Heartless by princesa(f): 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
i would have just won 1 million now, just for the hesitant of Stephen. do i have the sixth sense or what? cheesy

nice update, they were some poor sentence construction, work on it
good all through.

1 Like

Re: Selfish And Heartless by oyestephen(m): 2:57pm On Apr 19, 2013
princesa: i would have just won 1 million now, just for the hesitant of Stephen. do i have the sixth sense or what? cheesy

good all through.
@princessa There'll be another time.......
@sino fantastic work...I wonder what ade's reaction will be when he gets home
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 12:05am On Apr 20, 2013
princesa: i would have just won 1 million now, just for the hesitant of Stephen. do i have the sixth sense or what? cheesy

It was a give away jor *rolls eyes* lol

princesa:
good all through.
Thank you, i'll look into it, thanks, really appreciate it.
And i dey see ya handywork o wink
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 12:08am On Apr 20, 2013
oyestephen:
@sino fantastic work...I wonder what ade's reaction will be when he gets home

Thanks bro,

Update, coming soon....

Watch out!!!

grin
Re: Selfish And Heartless by siddiq202(m): 12:35am On Apr 20, 2013
^Till when nau?
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
siddiq202: ^Till when nau?

Salam bro,

I be wan surprise una o, but 'almighty' PHCN just cos kasala, imagine 2days now no light o...

Make una no vex o, update na till when power comes back o(hopefully soon).
Re: Selfish And Heartless by siddiq202(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2013
sino:

Salam bro,

waleikum salam

I be wan surprise una o, but 'almighty' PHCN just cos kasala, imagine 2days now no light o...
grin
No wahala
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 10:51am On Apr 23, 2013
He gestured for her to come closer with his hands, but Yemisi’s legs wouldn’t move, they were as if glued to the floor, her father then came down the front stairs and told her to come closer.

Yemisi summoned all the courage and energy in her to move, she is home now, she thought, he wanted her back and so she was back, there is no turning back now.

As Yemisi walked on closer to her father, she noticed how lean he had become, she thought in her mind, this is not the General she knew, this can’t be, she noticed that something had gone wrong with him, something very serious, something serious enough to have changed her father this much.

Her father with a smile on his face opened his arms wide as he welcomed his daughter, he wanted an embrace but he understood her daughter’s fear, his daughter who he had terrorized, who he had disowned due to his own selfishness, but things have changed he reminded himself, and he must demonstrate that to her.

Yemisi couldn’t make herself come into his embrace; she can't possibly remember recieving a hug from her father, she rather went down on her knees and sobbed uncontrollably,

“I am sorry daddy, please forgive me” she said unable to control her tears, she cried and kept on saying she was sorry.

“Get up Olayemisi, stop crying and get up” her father said, trying to console her, to make her stand up.

But she wouldn’t want to stand up, she held on to her father by the legs and clung on to him, “daddy please forgive me, I should have listened to you, I shouldn’t have…”She was saying before her father stopped her and said;
“stop it Yemisi” in a tone she was well familiar with, a tone that had always sent quivers down her spine.

Yemisi looked up straight and saw a glimpse of ‘the General’ she would have become frightened again, if not that calmness settled back on his face rapidly and he was almost in tears…

“Please get up, you are not at fault, I should be the one to apologize and not you” he said, his voice sober, his face looking so gentle and his eyes tearful

“I did you wrong, not only you, your mother and your little sister too”

“if there is anyone who needs forgiveness, it ought to be me, I need your forgiveness Yemisi, from all of you, for all I had done to you, to all of you, I was selfish and cruel to you, I wasn’t there for you when you needed me most, I pushed you out ‘cos you wouldn’t follow my wish, I was wrong Yemisi, now I know, now I know better, please find it in your heart to forgive me” he said with tear drops rolling down his cheeks.

Yemisi couldn’t believe her hears, nor her eyes either, this was the first time she’ll see her father cry, nothing had ever made him cry, even when his mother died, his expression was blank, no trace of sorrow or grieve, he was a man of steel. She then thought about what her mom and sister had told her on the phone, it was true afterall; her father, the General, indeed is a changed man.

Yemisi embraced him with all her heart, and said to him,
“I have forgiven you dad, I have done that long time ago”

“Please forgive me dad. I came here to seek your forgiveness, for going against you, for disobeying you” she broke down in tears again, she had loved and respected her dad so much that she had held him in a very high esteem, thinking how she rebelled, broke her heart further

Her father pulled her back and said, “I have forgiven you my daughter, it wasn’t your fault, let by gone be gone to the past”

“We shall be one family again, we shall be a happy family” he assured her.

Yemisi’s mum who was standing by couldn’t hold her tears too as she saw father and daughter reunite and reconcile, she came to embrace them both, then looked over her shoulder and saw Yinka tip toeing, trying to avoid the group hug, she wasn’t used to this kind of family affection and emotion, her mum then called on her to come join the family hug, she came although reluctant, she was indeed her father's daughter, they hugged for what seemed like forever until the driver came and cleared his throat, he wanted to ask for permission to leave, so Yemisi’s father allowed him to go, thereafter, he led the family into the house.

They entered into their home feeling happy, feeling renewed, a feeling that has been strange to all of them, a feeling in their hearts that a new day has just begun in thier lives, the lives of the Olowolayemos.

1 Like

Re: Selfish And Heartless by brewdave(m): 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
Feed me more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger / My First Day In Maritime Academy-True Story / Lohri Video Song Download HD | Happy Lohri Best Video, Mp3 Song 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.