Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Selfish And Heartless - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Selfish And Heartless (8962 Views)

Kim Kardashian's Book "Selfish" To Be Released May 5 / Heartless Life Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Selfish And Heartless by oyestephen(m): 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
brew_dave: Feed me more
Seconded
Re: Selfish And Heartless by ibironkefayemi(f): 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2013
I don dey check dis page since, abeg update na, biko oo!
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2013
^No vex o, we are working on it...

erm, my people, let us pray o, laziness and PHCN are the two winches and winzards causing delay in updating, but i know dem no fit win, i must finish this story InshAllahu.cool
Re: Selfish And Heartless by princesa(f): 6:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
ok...story has taken a new dive, am here to see the action as they unfold......wink

1 Like

Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 8:51am On Apr 27, 2013
The day was quite sunny, a clear sky and the sun was shining bright, Ade stood at the bus stop deep in thought, he thought he was a failure, things are just not going for him at all, he was contemplating suicide, he thought perhaps, he should jump in front of a moving truck, he knew those ones were capable of causing maximum damage, never has he heard of a survivor, a person being hit by a moving truck. The thought of that scared him stiff, being crushed by a moving truck, that would be a painful death, heck No! He wasn't going to die like that, there should be better ways to die, or maybe he should go over to the Eko Bridge and jump, but he knew how to swim, in fact he was a very good swimmer and there might be a boat nearby or some good Samaritans who might come to his rescue.

While deep in his suicide contemplations, thinking of the best way to die with minimal effort and the least amount of pain, he remembered a quote, what he had read from one of his motivational book collections,

“failure exist only in the grave, a person being alive has not yet failed…”

He pondered on these words for some time, then thought, how could he be thinking of suicide when he was still much alive, being alive means he hasn’t failed, perhaps it means there is still hope, he should never loose hope, perhaps tomorrow might bring a new beginning and his problems left in the past.

A car screeched to a stop at a distance a little bit far away from Ade, this made him conscious of his environment, directing his attention to the vehicle, it was a black Lexus SUV, with tinted glasses, the beauty of the car got to him immediately, this was the kind of car he had always dreamt about, it was pure beauty and class fused in one. He then noticed a lady who had been standing alongside him, but he never for once checked her out, he took note of her dressing and appearance, then concluded that the car had halted for her, she was quite a beauty, and was also provocatively dressed, it wasn't difficult for him to decipher, a girl like her would definitely attract a car like that any day.

The lady walked towards the car in a manner that suggests a model, she walked so confidently as if she had been expecting the car to come pick her to her destination. Ade and all other bystanders looked on, he was so bitter about what he was seeing that he cursed under his breath, “foolish man” he snorted, ‘after stealing our money, na to carry woman’ he thought, shaking his head. Nothing made him make such a comment other than anger and hatred towards the rich and with the tinted glasses, he thought he was a politician.

As the lady got to the passenger side of the vehicle, expecting the window to slide down and reveal her ‘helper’ the man behind the wheels, the door at the driver side flung open and the occupant came down moving briskly towards Ade. She was embarrased and she quickly hailed a cab which was coming a little behind the jeep, she didn't even negotiate with the driver, before jumping in and the cab dissappeared into the traffic without any delay.

Ade! Ade! Ade Olowolayemo!

Ade was surprised to hear his full name out in the open just like that, and from someone driving such a car. Who could this be, as the figure came closer towards him, he recognized his friend immediately, his rich friend Chidi Okoye.

Ha Chidi, it’s you, I didn’t know o, is this your car? Ade asked, knowing that his friend drives a white Toyota pajero,

“yeah it’s me o, I just got this ride, not too long ago, Nna na God o” Chidi replied with a grin on his face

“Where are you off to?” he inquired

Ade looked at him with scorn and thought, yeah, he can buy a new jeep but to help, he finds that very difficult to do, selfish and heartless felow, he hissed, then said;

“Home I guess, I am not even sure sef” a frown had materialized on his face, he wanted to act up, cos he was still sore from the last encounter with him, but then realized he had been standing at the bus stop for close to half an hour without a bus with a free space. A free ride from his rich friend would do no harm he reasoned.

“I hope you are not in a hurry?” Chidi asked, trying to figure why he had a frown on his face
“No I’m not” Ade replied

“Okay then, come on lets get going, I’ll like for you to accompany me to my office” Chidi said, holding Ade’s hand and leading him to the car. He had earnestly wanted to speak with him after their last encounter, but he had always been very busy, but today, he's very free, he'll use this opportunity to amend their strained relationship.

Ade was seriously thinking, he would have said he was in a hurry, at least, his wife his back home and he doesn’t know her health condition, maybe she'll be needing a medical checkup or maybe not, then he remembered he had no money on him, he had absolutely no money to his name. His hopes on his investment had been dashed, in fact home is not where he should be thinking of now, where was he going to get the house rent from, ha! His landlord wouldn't even accept any form of pleading except his money.

Ade just had to follow his friend, he had no
other choice but to follow, perhaps this is hope, an opportunity for him to get his life back together he had thought.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by MumZ(f): 9:50am On Apr 27, 2013
Haba, afta hw many wks na dis short tin u write, tru tru u lazy. Jst kidding o, me no sabi write fiction sef, bt I luv readn interesting stories. Weldone. Hpe we won't wait 4eva 4 d nxt update.

1 Like

Re: Selfish And Heartless by siddiq202(m): 10:17am On Apr 27, 2013
I hope Chidi won't make ade to say those three words (selfish and heartless) again?

Good work bro. Me no sabi anything, but I think some statements are supposed to be in quotation. You fit work on that
Re: Selfish And Heartless by ninja4life(m): 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2013
Lol keep it up and update more quickly
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2013
...continuation smiley

While in the car, Chidi related how things were going on fine with him and his family, his wife just deliverd a bouncing baby boy in London, he is planning on setting up a new company in south Africa, and that was why he had come back to Nigeria to discuss with some of his business associates.

Ade listened keenly to all his words, but his stomach was churning with anger and envy, he thought why God had forsaken him and blessed his friend this much, this is not fair he thought, what has he done to deserve all this kind of suffering, he wondered.

Chidi was quite aware of his friend perception about him, at least he had voiced out his anger and fusteration the other day, he knew his friend so well that he can imagine what must have been going on in his mind as he spoke of is progress, he didn’t say all this to impress him or spite him, it was part of his plan, a grand plan to save his friend from perpetual penury.

Chidi Okoye, a son to a business mogul based in Lagos, owner of Okoye and sons international with branches scattered all over Lagos including; Alaba, trade fair and Oshodi, not to also mention branches at enugu, Onitsha, Owerri and Aba.

He was 'businessly' brought up, like almost all Anambra born kids, business, nay, making money is like integrated into their genes. It is a general axiom that the Igbos are industrious, Chidi wasn't an exception.

After his youth service, his father wasted no time in making him step into his shoes, as the 'Okpara' the first and only son of his father, he was to inherit the family business.

Chidi didn't resist the offer, though, when he got to his final year in the university, he wanted adventure, but he had been indoctrinated to accepting the position, he usually managed a branch, the Alaba branch whenever he was on holidays, he really loved it, making money and providing services for the people.

He later was able to achieve what he wanted, but rather than starting from the lower rung of the ladder, he decided to leverage with his father's resources to float a new company, his own company, Chistrides investments.
He initially started with ICT, he got a brilliant team together and got involved in rural telephony, it wasn't long before they got a big break, they patnered with the federal government and some international telecom companies. The company later diverted into other areas of business and was very successful.
They arrived at Chidi's office, the office was on the Island, broad street to be precise, an eight story building, owned by him, but he only uses the top floor and rented out the remaining.

They got to his office, after Chidi had exchanged pleasantries with some members of his staff, he instructed his secretatry for him not to be disturbed, then sent the office clerk to go get them something to eat.
Ade was amazed, it's either Chidi was also hungry or that he had noticed him to be hungry, his own stomach had been a venue of an orchestra, cos while back in the car, he heard it make some remarkable sounds. Either ways, he was glad food would be coming soon.

Ade stepped into Chidi's office and was mesmerized, it was a large room, fully rugged, a big mahogany office desk was strtegically placed almost at the centre of the room with an executive chair, a book shelf was behind and Ade could make out some titles of some of the books, there was a sofa and three single-seater leather chairs arranged around a glass centre table which were close to the window, there was also a big table surrouded with office chairs capable of holding a board meeting.
Chidi motioned Ade to come in and have his sit on one of the single-seater, as he moved straight for his desk to check if there was any work to be done.

Ade sat down gently, having a sensation of coolness come over him all of a sudden, for a second, he forgot all about his troubles and worries, the air conditioning system was just perfect, and the office view was absolutely breathtaking it's been a while he felt like this, indeed, a very long while.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2013
Mum Z :
Haba, afta hw many wks na dis short tin u write, tru tru u lazy. Jst kidding o, me no sabi write fiction sef, bt I luv readn interesting stories. Weldone. Hpe we won't wait 4eva 4 d nxt update.

O jigbi jigbi jigbi, i don vex o, me?! Lazy?! Ye pa ri pa! In fact, e no easy jare grin i'll try to work harder though.

Thankyou for taking your time to read me work, much appreciated.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 4:38pm On Apr 27, 2013
siddiq202: I hope Chidi won't make ade to say those three words (selfish and heartless) again?

Good work bro. Me no sabi anything, but I think some statements are supposed to be in quotation. You fit work on that

Hehehehe, he won't, he's now calm, his situation is now at critical, no rash actions or statements from him lol

Thank you, i'll look into it ASAP, na rush job o.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2013
ninja4life: Lol keep it up and update more quickly
You dey laugh me abi? angry

Yeah, we are working round and around the clock to ensure frequent update, a committee has been set up to look into the power issue, as well as the intrinsic cause of laziness, my people, be rest assured that we are on top of the situation...

gringringringringrin
Re: Selfish And Heartless by MumZ(f): 6:15pm On Apr 27, 2013
[quote author=sino]

Yeah, we are working round and around the clock to ensure frequent update, a committee has been set up to look into the power issue, as well as the intrinsic cause of laziness, my people, be rest assured that we are on top of the situation...

Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by oyestephen(m): 2:49am On Apr 30, 2013
Goodluck 'sino jonathan....thanx for remembering us...oya come and continue
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 9:12am On Apr 30, 2013
Chidi was curiously deep into some documents he found on his table, he wouldn't have given much attention to them, but he was waiting for food to be brought, he could see how Ade's reaction changed on mentioning food, as the saying goes, “a hungry man is an angry man”, he'll rather want him on a full stomach before having a discussion with him.

Ade busied himself by glancing through magazines stacked under the glass table, he looked through ovation and then city people, they were just typical information about the rich and famous, and how the rich were spending their monies. The rich read them to compete, and the poor, if ever they lay their hands on them, read it to complain and condemn.

Ade, caught himself dreaming again, that was a little bit strange, cos earlier in the day, he was down casted and despondent, maybe the Chidi office is getting to him, he feels so comfortable in it, a glimmer of hope he felt back at the bus stop came back again, he reminded himself, 'when there is life, there is hope'.

Looking at pictures from a wedding of the daughter of one of the country's billionaire, he couldn't help but fantasize his own wedding with Yemisi, a proper wedding with sufficient attendees, not the ‘wuruwuru’ he did at the registry, if he had money, it would have been a big wedding, with much razzmatazz, and honeymoon in Paris, “ha!” He exclaimed, “That is the life.”

The Clark came holding two nylon bags, Mr. Biggs boldly written on them. As soon as it was placed in front of him, he wasted no time dealing with the contents judiciously; it was fried rice and chicken, his favorite. He was cracking and chewing the bones of the chicken with eyes closed, savoring the taste, the bones were so incredulously soft, only to be interrupted by Chidi

'Er ehm”, he cleared his throat, “i see you enjoying your meal Ade' he said”, smiling mischievously

Ade dropped the bone in his hand into the disposable food pack; he looked straight into Chidi's eyes and smiled,
'Yeah, i did, it was nice, thank you very much' he replied

Chidi wasn't surprised at his reaction, he had guessed right, Ade was really hungry and this simple gesture of his had melted his heart towards him for the time being. 'This is the right time to discuss' he thought.

He sat down on the sofa directly in front of Ade, he looked at his friend intently, and sensed a big gloom behind his eyes that once sparked enthusiasm whenever he was in front of the class, teaching tutorials, such sadness he saw was weakening, he almost wanted not to ask any question but just help him out of his misery.

'Ade, what is the problem, what happened to you?' Chidi asked, regardless, he needed insight into his story, what had happened to him after he had left him in the country for Europe.

He remembered he left him doing fine with his bank job, things were going on for him, he was married and had a decent apartment although he knew about the little drama that ensued between Ade and his in-laws, what could have caused this disheartening vibes he's getting from his most respected friend.

Ade told his story, everything without hiding any piece of information, this might be his last hope, and what is the use of ego or anger when there is absolutely nothing to your name. He told him how he had been duped and that was the peak of his misfortunes, he has nothing, he was nothing.

Listening attentively as he unveiled his travails, Chidi couldn’t help but think about how Ade was very instrumental to his success story, for him to have graduated with a 2-1 was due to him, he never gave up on him, even after he himself had dismissed the thought of making such a grade from the university.

He felt sad about the whole thing, and felt pity for Ade, he realized why he acted the way he did at his place, he was a victim of circumstances. Thereafter, he felt the need to explain his own side of the story, he needed to tell him why he didn't reply him on time when he called him for help, he had switched lines, cos some fraudulent people were disturbing him, when he switched back to the line, he got all his messages, but it was too late, he also got the message about the death of his baby.

Chidi felt sorry, he pleaded with Ade to take heart and told him everything had happened for a reason and a lesson to be learnt, and moreover, there is a lot to be thankful for.

“Thankful?! What reason could that be?! And what lesson is there to be learnt?” Ade asked looking confused

“Im leaving in poverty, i moved from a 3-bedroom apartment to a single room, a face-me-I-face-you, tell me Chidi, what possible lessons can be learnt here other than sufferings and pain? He further inquired gesticulating.

Chidi was amazed; he finally understood the power of perception, and how strongly it associates with experience and condition, his friend that was a positive and optimistic individual back in their university days, couldn’t think of anything good, he was surrounded by negativity, and it got to him, it had changed his psyche.

“my good friend, relax, no matter how bad a situation is, there is good inherent in it, you haven’t learnt anything because you’ve closed your heart, you’ve made a decision to only see the sufferings and pain around you” Chidi said emphatically

Ade looked at his friend bewildered, “come on Chidi, don’t go motivational on me, this is real life and not some fancy theory” he retorted.

Chidi smiled, he knew how Ade had rubbished and ridiculed motivational speakers and their works, if he was to really help his friend, he must make him view things, what he is going through in a proper perspective and once that is achieved, the rest would be easy.

“Do you want me to tell you about real life? Give you examples from real life, your own life?” Ade, come on, get your head out of your ass and think straight”.

Ade gave a haughty laugh and said, “My own life? Are you serious at all? What is there to tell or learn about my life except for disappointment, sufferings and pain?” he readjusted himself and sat up straight then said bluntly, “let’s face facts my friend, all my life, I have come to understand that people are just plain selfish and heartless”

Chidi shook his head in dismay, it seemed more difficult than he had anticipated, he wanted to meticulously deliver his message to him so as not to hurt him more, he realized if he himself becomes angry, nothing would be accomplished. So he relaxed on the chair and asked, “How is your wife doing?”

“she is doing fine, she’s been very supportive” Ade replied proudly but he remembered the condition he had left her, and then became emotionally distressed, for a second, he wanted to beg is friend to help him out, anything would do, even if it is to work for him, he’ll accept it without a second thought.

But his friend had a different plan, he didn’t want Ade to come work for him, he knows the kind of person Ade his, he would do fine if he find employment in another firm, but he knew what best suits his friend, and that is for him to be his own boss.

“Ha, that’s nice, you guys were meant for each other anyways” Chidi said, “and where is she by the way, I mean what’s she doing?”
“She’s a teacher now, you know her grade wasn’t that good, so she’s just managing with that” he replied

“It’s so sad things turned out like this, she ought to be in her father’s company you know, Ade, and don’t you think you’ve been unfair to her?” Chidi said with a serious look on his face, looking straight into his eyes, he wanted to make sure he gets the message clear, “you my friend, has been selfish and heartless all along!” he concluded.

1 Like

Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 9:18am On Apr 30, 2013
[quote author=Mum Z ][/quote]

oyestephen: Goodluck 'sino jonathan....thanx for remembering us...oya come and continue

grin grin grin
Re: Selfish And Heartless by slimxcoded: 11:17pm On May 01, 2013
I love ur write up n d story line is so real
keep up d good work
waiting for d update. wink wink
Re: Selfish And Heartless by oyestephen(m): 10:00am On May 02, 2013
The accuser becomes the accused cheesy
Re: Selfish And Heartless by ninja4life(m): 8:52pm On May 02, 2013
And d blame game goes on.nice just update quickly
Re: Selfish And Heartless by princesa(f): 12:43am On May 05, 2013
oyestephen:
The accuser becomes the accused cheesy
as in enh grin grin
Re: Selfish And Heartless by MumZ(f): 11:49pm On May 14, 2013
Abandoned story?
Re: Selfish And Heartless by siddiq202(m): 1:15pm On May 21, 2013
Where is this bro
Re: Selfish And Heartless by oyestephen(m): 3:59pm On May 21, 2013
siddiq202: Where is this bro
Ultimate search 8; the search for the lost sino...1st price...actually no reward before princessa reminds me of my 1 million naira debt
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 5:48pm On May 21, 2013
oyestephen:
Ultimate search 8; the search for the lost sino...1st price...actually no reward before princessa reminds me of my 1 million naira debt
Mum Z :
Abandoned story?
siddiq202: Where is this bro

Guys! I'm really sorry for my absence, there've been a lot of activities in reality which made updating this thread almost impossible.

Please bear with me for few more days, and i shall be back to complete this work, God willing.

Thanks a lot for your concern and followership of this amazing story.wink
Re: Selfish And Heartless by MumZ(f): 5:55pm On May 21, 2013
Ok o, we dey wait.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by siddiq202(m): 6:05pm On May 21, 2013
Issorait
Re: Selfish And Heartless by princesa(f): 6:09pm On May 21, 2013
oyestephen:
Ultimate search 8; the search for the lost sino...1st price...actually
no reward before princessa reminds me of my 1 million naira debt
don't let it skip ur mindwink

oga sino....welcomesmiley

mumz... embarassed
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 7:48pm On May 26, 2013
Ade was puzzled with Chidi’s statement, even with the 150,000 naira he had given to him, still, he couldn’t think of any other thing than his words about him being selfish and heartless.
“How can that be?” he asked himself, “why in the world would i be the one selfish, not to even mention heartless, i havn't done anything wrong”. "It is either chidi wanted to ridicule me or is he really saying the truth?" he thought, "either ways, i don’t care jare".

Ade readjusted himself at the back seat of the commercial bus he had boarded after Chidi had dropped him off at Costain bus stop, Chidi had said he needed to attend to some pressing matters, so their discussion was truncated and he couldn’t drive him home. He pleaded with him not to take offence and offered him some money to take care of his needs for the time being, he told him he was still much around and he shouldn't hesitate to contact him anytime. Ade would have preferred for him to take him home, if not for anything other than to impress his nosy neighbors or to reassure Yemisi that things are now going on well with him and his friend.

There was an annoying rattling and jangling sound as the jalopy bus plunged into gallops which jolted Ade, he fumed and complained about the bad roads, 'is this also his own fault or that of the useless politicians who only think of themselves and no one else', he said to himself, thinking aloud.

Ade waved off his friends words, and tried to concentrate on how to religiously spend the money he gave him, how thoughtful of him he reasoned, he realized how in total ignominy he would have been if his friend hadn’t come around, 'he is really a life saver' he thought, 'thank God for Chidi' he said exhaling loudly.

He caught himself thanking God, he had almost lost faith in God these past few years, for him to have made such expression rummage his entire mind, he inadvertently remembered his friend’s words, 'there is always a reason to be thankful', he smiled as he thought 'indeed, today, there is a reason to be thankful'.

Ade began to think about where he should go, looking at the time, it was past 4pm, "the landlord’s place should be my first point of call", he knows the man goes nowhere, he his always playing draft in front of his compound, which is adjacent to where Ade stays, he plays with other landlords like him, pensioned or jobless, ogogoro/opa eyin drinkers and pool players, they are grossly irresponsible, they hardly take care of their family but readily spend more on concubines.

Ade branched a supermarket to get a bottle of wine, if he was to play his cards right, he knew his landlord merely sighting a bottle that looks like that of a wine or gin, would be excited.

He got to the compound, and as predicted the landlord was on a row, trashing his opponent, pa Joseph, the man was obviously in a good mood, as he and pa Joseph were extreme rivals when it come to playing draft. “mo ti no e legba, (I’ve thoroughly beaten you), mo ti je lo gbe. (I’m victorious already)” pa Joseph was just silent, anger fully written on his face, and his friend's mocking was aggravating it. There were little children playing around the compound, and two girls, sat on a bench, studying.
“e ku irole sir good evening sir” Ade said, stooping slightly, unlike his total prostration the other day, now he had money in his pocket, he felt big.
“ku role omo mi dada, good evening my good son” on seeing what Ade was holding, the landlord enthusiastically replied.

Ade chuckled, 'his good son?!' he thought, "the one he wanted to send packing in disgrace?"
“Sir, I was just returning from a friends’ place, and saw this special wine and thought you might like it” Ade said handing over the wine to the landlord
“wonderful my son!” the landlord exclaimed examining the wine, he didn’t care if it was grape, red or white wine, as long as its in a fancy bottle, and looks international. He has been given a great gift.
“And sir, Ade continued, I also want to apologize for the delay in payment of the house rent, I had invested the money and …”

“Don’t worry my son, I know you, and I trust you, you are unlike those my useless tenants that like owing me”
“imagine erm, lawreance or whatever he calls himself, he his owing me six months’ rent, and I saw him fixing a new aerial this morning, if I go to court now he’ll say the landlord is wicked” “I’m I wicked?” he asked Ade gesturing his hands

“Sir, not at all, in fact, you are very understanding” Ade replied with a sneer.
Ade quickly handed him the money for house rent, 24,000 naira, the landlord had always preferred payment made to him directly, he was the landlord,lawyer and caretaker, 3in1. “Sir, this is what I owe and I’m paying six month up front too”

The landlord broke into an hysterical laughter, he collected the money so quickly more like snatching it, and counted it immediately, the notes were crisp in 500 denomination, he tucked it into his agbada and said to his friend pa Joseph,
“You see, this is what I’m saying, he’s a very good boy, he never fails me, Ade, omo ni”
His friend basically nods his head in agreement, he was more interested in the draft game, and he wants to quickly overturn the winning streak his friend was having.

Ade wasn’t surprised at all, his landlord only praises the tenant that comes to pay his or her rent, and to even pay up front is like winning a jackpot with him.

Ade’s attention shifted towards the girls who were looking burnt out, one was still holding a paper that looked like a past
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 7:55pm On May 26, 2013
Ade’s attention shifted towards the girls who were looking burnt out, one was still holding a paper that looked like a past question and the other was just staring blankly at the textbook in front of her. He wondered what they might have been working on, his attention was brought back to the landlord who was still singing his praises.

“Baba landlord, when should I be expecting the receipt?” he politely asked
“Ma da arare lamu, don’t disturb yourself, I’ll bring it to you, this night” he replied
“ok sir, permit me to take my leave then” Ade said and turned to leave, but he was curious to know what the girls were trying to do, he knew it must be a question they were finding difficult to solve, he therefore decided to see for himself, he was fond of trying to resolve questions people find difficult, he approached them and discovered it was mathematics, and that they were preparing for their WAEC.
He quickly offered to help and the girls who were already overwhelmed didn’t protest, he solved the question and explained it so well that the girls were all smiles, they were thankful to him as he left them to solve more questions.

“Do you also teach like your wife?” the landlord asked as Ade was about to move out of the compound, “no o, I’m not a teacher o” “I just felt like helping out”
“that is good o,” said pa Joseph,
“my son is also writing this year's WAEC, and I have told him, if he doesn’t make his papers, he should just prepare to follow Baba Wande to building sites, in fact, i have baught pon pon and shovel and kept it in his room” he added.

Ade laughed and tried to persuade him not to take such drastic action on his son’s first attempt, but was talked down by the landlord who said
“These children of nowadays are not serious at all. Even the schools do not teach properly, abi, why would I send my child to school and still enroll her into a lesson? Is it not that our educational system has failed?”

Ade was not keen on the discussion they were trying to initiate, his work was done and he needed to go meet his wife, “Our country is a failed state, we just hope God will help us out” Ade replied quickly and tried to run out of the compound but the landlord stopped him and asked again,
“I saw your wife with luggage, hope there is no problem o?” “I had thought you people wanted to pack out when I saw her, I had almost forgotten about that until now” he added.
Ade was stupefied, his wife, with luggage, to where, when how? All these questions crossed his mind at the same time, he dashed out of the compound, heading straight to his room, without even given the landlord a reply.
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 8:17pm On May 26, 2013
princesa:

oga sino....welcomesmiley

Thank you o, i hope i won't disappear again. lol

Guys, i know it's not much, but manage it for now, my laptop don turn to silverbird galleria, and it's quite difficult using my phone to type.

Till the next update(hopefully soon),

Ciao! wink
Re: Selfish And Heartless by Joy4mi(f): 8:40pm On May 26, 2013
halleluyahhh. he has updated smiley
thanks sino. expecting more frm you. dont run away again.
cheers
Re: Selfish And Heartless by sino(m): 9:41pm On May 26, 2013
Joy4mi: halleluyahhh. he has updated smiley
thanks sino. expecting more frm you. dont run away again.
cheers
grin it's a miracle! Lol
Thank you for being patient with my erratic update o jare, i plan not to run again, so i can give you guys more.
The ministry is moving...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lohri Video Song Download HD | Happy Lohri Best Video, Mp3 Song 2015 / The Sim Card... / Nairaland Writers Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.