Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Would You Rather Cry In A Limo, Than Laugh On A Bicycle? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Rather Cry In A Limo, Than Laugh On A Bicycle? (2412 Views)

Looking For A Kids Bicycle / Lagos City Bicycle Club / Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Rather Cry In A Limo, Than Laugh On A Bicycle? by sollygirl: 7:45am On Aug 18, 2012

The moment Segilola stepped out of the popular Shoprite supermarket in Ikeja, she was approached by a good-looking young chap, about 6'2. Dude sure had nerves, as Segilola was quite unapproachable. I mean, the Prada handbag she had glued to her wrist was made from the world's rarest and most expensive animal skins. Her total demeanor screamed "back off", you know, the cute little pout, flicking of her long streaks, full human hair extension and all that badass attitude that all these rap kids would refer to as "swagger". You couldn't tell if she was going shopping or dining with the queen.
"Hey beautiful"
Turning around to peek at who had hollered at her, Segilola's eyes immediately did a quick scan of the young man's shoes and wrist watch, to see if it "made sense"
Movado watch, Gucci drivers, not bad.... She thought, smiling coyly.
"You done shopping?" He asked.
"Well.... Yea"
"Forgive me, my name is Segun"
"Segi, she said changing her birth name to a sleeker version.
"Would you mind joining me for a drink?"
"Well.... I don't drink, would prefer Thai food actually," she said, doing the hair flick thing again.
"Hmm..... There isn't one around here, right?
"There isn't, but there's one on the island, Pattaya, to be precise,"
"Unfortunately, I'm not mobile"
"Really? Is your car at the mechanic's? "
"Hmmm..... Actually, I don't drive"
"You don't? She interrupted, her eyes lit up.
"Is there a problem?
"A lot actually, nice meeting you, she said and stormed off.

Segilola never gave Segun a chance, she didn't care if he was a wonderful, caring, intelligent guy, she left on the hint that he didn’t have a car and translated that to the lack of a good number of other material things. Are you Segilola? If you are, I'm not here to judge you; I just want to know why?

Gold digger is slang for greedy women – a woman whose interest in a relationship is to get material benefits from it. Majority of them don't work. Once again, are you Segilola? I remember those times when girls would say, "I can "date" rich men, but when it's time for "marriage", I want a God fearing, nice, caring, sweet man"! What happened to all those promises? (I guess all na yans!) because right now, all I see, is women, stooping low, tolerating crap from men, all in the name of marrying a "rich/society big boy". They throw caution to wind, and would "rather cry in a limo, than laugh on a bicycle!"

Love? What has love got to do with relationships and marriages these days? I've heard women say "love is not enough' I can't suffer, I want a rich man!" A friend of mine actually believes that once there's money, love will spring forth (lol!) Gone are the days, when women married for love (our mothers, to be precise). Those were the days, women stood by their men, through the struggle, supported him, believed in him and prayed for him. Many ladies these days, don't want that struggle, they want a "readymade man". No waiting, no striving, everything easy!
Another friend of mine has sworn that she'll only marry a rich man even though she has to wait till her late 30's. She also mentioned she would only marry a society man, one with a well-known last name, so she can be addressed as "Mrs.....................

Now to the main issue, why do some women consider the size of a man's pocket before entering into any relationship?
Some have said marriage is a battlefield, where women are most likely going to lose, and for them, in order not to be a complete loser, they "extract" as much money, property and expensive jewelry that they can. For such women, marriage is a complete business transaction. "All’s fair in love and war" is their philosophy.
Some are gold diggers because they lacked a lot of material things as kids and so for them, marrying a rich man will be a major breakthrough.
Some are gold diggers based on experience. Life happened to them and because of their past, they would follow their head rather than their heart. They don't trust men, and are always defensive. It's kinda like a situation where they are looking out for themselves.
At the end of the day, every woman wants security, no woman wants a man that can't provide. But I think where we should draw the line, is what your definition of provision is? Are you dating a fresh graduate and expecting him to take you to London for Christmas? You must be in la la land! Please wake up! Are you engaged to a newly employed guy who is earning a five digit salary, yet you're expecting a Hermes bag? You need deliverance
Hold up men! Don't get all excited, nodding your heads. Women shouldn't take all the blame, men are equally guilty, "If men didn't offer women all these fancy things, women wouldn't even think in that direction". Often times, men lure women with expensive gifts. They'll do anything to get that girl.
This reminds of me of a story I once heard.
Girl: Yes who are you
Guy: My name is Tega
Girl: Do you earn a salary
Guy: No I don’t, but…
Girl: Do you drive your own car?
Guy: No I don’t, but
Girl: Sorry, but I can’t have anything to do with you
Guy: I don’t earn a salary because I pay salaries, and I don’t drive my own car because my driver drives my cars. And yes, I can’t have anything to do with you either, so the feeling is mutual.

A lot of girls are constantly searching for materials things in their prospective husbands/Partners. Is money your number one criteria in a relationship? Does money answer all things? Would you rather cry in a limo, than laugh on a bicycle?
Re: Would You Rather Cry In A Limo, Than Laugh On A Bicycle? by ayobase(m): 8:12am On Aug 18, 2012
Where is slimy boney?
She should come listen to this!
OP....nice write up.
Some gels will wanna cry in the limo believing in ''sorrow might endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning''!
Re: Would You Rather Cry In A Limo, Than Laugh On A Bicycle? by JallowBah(f): 8:59am On Aug 18, 2012
For some women, its probably because they themself either grew up with much money and want to continue that life-style, for others, they grew up poor, and want something better.
The society now-a-days tells ut to always get the newest, the best, something better, something more expensive..the society tells you you are nothing without money for all the materialistic things you could have wished for.

Its wrong, very wrong. Love is not about that. Love is love..money makes it easier, but no, money cant buy you love.
And, limo or bicycle? I am laughing at a bicycle at the momentsmiley Things might change in the future, I sure hope so. But money was not what got me with me husband, now..
Re: Would You Rather Cry In A Limo, Than Laugh On A Bicycle? by Jmkheart: 6:47am On Aug 28, 2012
I really love dis topic, dere is nothin like gettin married 2 an average guy, dan marryin a poor guy, becos when datin a poor guy u will think he loves u, u would not see his true colours, even when u are datin a poor guy, maybe becos he feels he his handsome or goodlookin , he still feels girls will still chase him talkless of when he his rich, is any man worth suffering for or with?" You know a true man when he has a reasonable amount of money and he still cares and provide for the woman that suffered with him in the early years!! Unfortunately, the no of such men is declining by the day, but well, dis doesn't stop me from enduring with a man. I wouldn't be a gold-digger just as a matter of principle.
Re: Would You Rather Cry In A Limo, Than Laugh On A Bicycle? by Dupsychic: 8:59am On Aug 28, 2012
Me,I wld rada cry on a limo o...afta all I wld get imported handkerchief 2 dry my tears.u want 2 laff on bicycle...sorry o.wen u laff finish make u put am for pot cook ur laff chop.[Suffering and smiling] who is fooling who?dnt mind all dese guys o,wen dey r broke dey will b very humble,even 2 d extent of washing ur paties just 4 u 2 stay wit dem.d moment dey start 2 hamma dats wen u kno deir real character and den dey stat 2 follo oda gals dat ws neva der 4 dem 4gettin dt smone once believed and waited 4 dem.lemme tell u ladies smthn.shine ya eyes well well.guys r not worth it!don't b deceived.dere r gold digging guys 2.lazy ass moda fukas! lookin 4 hardworkin gals 2 prey on.aiye won oni da.awon ole oshi.as 4 me I dnt depend on anyguy 4 money bcs am independent and dts y I can neva marry a poor guy.
Re: Would You Rather Cry In A Limo, Than Laugh On A Bicycle? by maclatunji: 10:00am On Aug 28, 2012
I have read this story before on this same Nairaland.
Re: Would You Rather Cry In A Limo, Than Laugh On A Bicycle? by Dupsychic: 11:22am On Aug 28, 2012
maclatunji: I have read this story before on this same Nairaland.

Still the same old post not a new one but some1 jst commented on it

(1) (Reply)

Woman Tried To Kill Husband By Poisoning Her Own Private Parts / Kids Of Nowadays...[photo] / What Will You Do In This Kind Of Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.