Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Jesus And Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus And Islam (732 Views)

Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus And Islam by kuise: 7:47am On Aug 18, 2012
As-salam alaikum, wats ur opinion about the religious practices of jesus in relation to islam.
Re: Jesus And Islam by ayobase(m): 8:05am On Aug 18, 2012
This has been categorically dealt with on this forum on occasions....search pls!
NEXT!
Re: Jesus And Islam by Saintparis1: 10:50am On Aug 18, 2012
What Jesus practiced is nothing like your devilish religion. NEXT angry
Re: Jesus And Islam by kuise: 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2012
Which of the religion is devilish, christainity OR islam
Re: Jesus And Islam by LagosShia: 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2012
[size=14pt]Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians [/size]

1.) Taking off your shoes before entering the place of worship:
Exodus 3:5
"Do not come any closer," God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground."
Acts 7:33
"Then the Lord said to him, 'Take off your sandals; the place where you are standing is holy ground.

2.) Ablution-Washing before prayers
Exodus 40:31-32
and Moses and Aaron and his sons used it to wash their hands and feet.They washed whenever they entered the Tent of Meeting or approached the altar, as the Lord commanded Moses.
Acts 21:26
Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

3.) Genuflection (Rukoo)
Luke 22:41

“He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed”,

Acts 7:60
“And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep”

Acts 20:36.
“When he had said this, he knelt down with all of them and prayed”.

4.) Prostration (Sujood)
Genesis 17:3
Abram fell facedown, and God said to him,
Numbers 20:6
Moses and Aaron went from the assembly to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting and fell facedown, and the glory of the LORD appeared to them.

Joshua 5:14
"Neither," he replied, "but as commander of the army of the LORD I have now come." Then Joshua fell facedown to the ground in reverence, and asked him, "What message does my Lord have for his servant?"
Matthew 26:39
"Going a little farther, he (Jesus) fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

5.) Zakat (Charity) as a means of purification and growth
1Peter 4:8
"And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins".

6.) Fasting and Prayers
Matthew 17:21
Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
Mark 9:29
"And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting".

7.) Hajj-Pilgrimage To Makkah (aka Bacca in the Quran)
Psalm 84:4-7
"Blessed are those who dwell in your house;they are ever praising you.Selah Blessed are those whose strength is in you,who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.As they pass through the Valley of Baca,they make it a place of springs;the autumn rains also cover it with pools.They go from strength to strength,till each appears before God in Zion.Hear my prayer, O Lord God Almighty;listen to me, O God of Jacob.Selah Look upon our shield,c O God;look with favor on your anointed one.Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere;I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. For the Lord God is a sun and shield;the Lord bestows favor and honor;no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. Lord Almighty,blessed is the man who trusts in you.

8.) Qiblah-Direction Towards the House of God While Praying
Daniel 6:10
Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.

Jonah 2: 4-7
“Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet ‘I will look again’ toward thy holy temple…When my soul fainted within me I remembered Yahweh; and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.”

2 Chronicles 6:18-21
18 “But will God really dwell on earth with humans? The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 19 Yet, LORD my God, give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence. 20 May your eyes be open toward this temple day and night, this place of which you said you would put your Name there. May you hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place. 21 Hear the supplications of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven, your dwelling place; and when you hear, forgive.

1 Kings 8:27-29
27 “But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 28 Yet give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, LORD my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day. 29 May your eyes be open toward this temple night and day, this place of which you said, ‘My Name shall be there,’ so that you will hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place.

Isaiah 38:2
"Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the LORD".

1 Kings 8:44-45
"When you command your people to go into battle against their enemies and they pray to you, wherever they are, facing this city which you have chosen and this Temple which I have built for you, listen to their prayers. Hear them in heaven and give them victory".

9.Circumcision
Acts 7:8
And he gave him the covenant of circumcision: and so Abraham begat Isaac, and circumcised him the eighth day; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat the twelve patriarchs.

John 7:22
Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fatherswink and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

Luke 2:21
And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

10.Hijab
Deuteronomy 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

1 Timothy 2:9
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

1 Corinthians 11:5-6
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

Abstaining from prohibited foods
11.Dead meat
Leviticus 17:15
And every soul that eateth that which died of itself, or that which was torn with beasts, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger, he shall both wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even: then shall he be clean.

Deuteronomy 14:21
Ye shall not eat of anything that dieth of itself: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

12.Blood
Genesis 9:4
But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Acts 15:29
That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

13.Pork
Leviticus 11:7-8
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Deuteronomy 14:8
And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

Isaiah 65:2-5
I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts; A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick; Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels; Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.

14.Food on which names beside Allah have been invoked
Acts 15:29
That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Revelation 2:14
But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

15.) Abstaining from alcohol
Proverbs 20:1
"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise".
Proverbs 23:31-32
"Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly!
In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper."
Romans 14:21
"It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Luke 1:15
For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit [a]while yet in his mother’s womb.
Ephesians 5:18
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,

16.Bathing After Sexual Intercourse
Leviticus 15:16-18
Any man who has a flow of semen must take a bath, but he still remains unclean until evening. 17If the semen touches anything made of cloth or leather, these must be washed, but they still remain unclean until evening. 18After having sex, both the man and the woman must take a bath, but they still remain unclean until evening.

17.) A Woman With Monthly Period Avoids Worship
Leviticus 15:19-27
19When a woman has her monthly period, she remains unclean for seven days, and if you touch her, you must take a bath, but you remain unclean until evening. 20-23Anything that she rests on or sits on is also unclean, and if you touch either of these, you must wash your clothes and take a bath, but you still remain unclean until evening. 24Any man who has sex with her during this time becomes unclean for seven days, and anything he rests on is also unclean.
25Any woman who has a flow of blood outside her regular monthly period is unclean until it stops, just as she is during her monthly period. 26Anything that she rests on or sits on during this time is also unclean, just as it would be during her period. 27If you touch either of these, you must wash your clothes and take a bath, but you still remain unclean until evening.

18.) praying in Jamat

Nehemiah 8:4-6:
And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the peoplewink and when he opened it, all the people stood up: And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with their faces to the ground.
Re: Jesus And Islam by ayobase(m): 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2012
^
In a nutshell without breaking down those points u made....So Islam is culled from Christianity....and Christianity is now more than ablution and d likes.
RIDICULOUS...still dwelling on our past before Jesus came!
Re: Jesus And Islam by LagosShia: 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2012
ayobase: ^
In a nutshell without breaking down those points u made....So Islam is culled from Christianity....and Christianity is now more than ablution and d likes.
RIDICULOUS...still dwelling on our past before Jesus came!

and we now go to the past,did Jesus (as) preach christianity and practice christianity?did he call his teachings christianity?

"I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions!"

https://www.nairaland.com/847520/lagosshia-embrace-christianity-two-little

you calling yourselves christians have strayed from the teachings of Jesus (as) and followed the fabrications of Paul.that is as simple as i can put it.Islam came to reform,compliment and complete the past teachings of messengers of God.

from the list i posted above,it is very evident that christianity lacks many teachings found in both Islam and the bible you parade under your arms.

Matthew 5:17
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill."

John 15:10
"If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love".

"Bible Verses Of How Paul Contradicted Jesus (as)":
https://www.nairaland.com/820209/bible-verses-how-paul-contradicted

"Paul Versus The Disciples":
https://www.nairaland.com/846385/paul-versus-disciples
Re: Jesus And Islam by ayobase(m): 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2012
Christianity is more than following set down rules....it it were that, then many will make heaven.
Its more of having personal relationship with him...with that you are always on the right path!
God is not just someone you read about like manual...He is DYNAMIC!
@Lagoshia
Pls, lets not start this argument.
Anyone can interpret the Bible as he/she pleases.
U wanna interpret the Bible, u need the HOLY SPIRIT!
Its MEDITATION and not RECITATION!

(1) (Reply)

Blessed Are The Peacemakers / Shall We Leave Family For Lord? / Angels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.