Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? (23826 Views)

gunners / Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? / Jesus And Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2012
How did the church came about having Jesus and Mary's image/photo, was it from the bible? I am just wondering are the appearances given to him by various artists exact? If no why then should this be accepted/used by Christians?
Your views please, Thanks.

EDITED:
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by k2039: 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2012
Catholics invented their's
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
k2039: Catholics invented their's

My friends in Facebook wont stop posting different photos of jesus.
When i tell them, they belittle Christ with this dimension, they gets angry.
Why can't people accept Christ for who He says He is, Do we really need to forge a photo of Him?
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
Isaiah 53:2
2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,
And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no form or comeliness;
And when we see Him,
There is no beauty that we should desire Him.

What do all these "photo of Jesus" mean/do? It just shows Jesus to be and look like whatever we want Him to look like.
Shaping Christ our Saviour into our own image, Is a way to belittle Him.

[size=16pt]He has no form[/size]
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 2:45pm On Oct 12, 2012
Diffrent face pointing to one man.

Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by achinaboy(m): 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2012
@plappville,with my little knowledge,the pics of jesus u see today,is an imaginary pics of how a son of God is suppose to look like,for eg,u as a lady have some pics of a perfect boyfriend or husband in ur mind though he might not exist but if someone gives you a pencil to draw your perfect dream guy,honestly,dont really know u but u might end up drawing someone that looks like Christ,maybe am wrong but most ladies would. So the same thing applies to those people that were trying to put a face on a son of God,fortunatly they ended with the face you see today,just like the picture of the last supper,no body was there to see their setting or their arrangement but this Italian guy drew what he thaught the enviroment looks like,,thanks,,,,,,i was not there too but just saying,u dont have to believe me,,,,,,sorry for using you for my first three lines illustration,i meant most women not neccessary you ok.

1 Like

Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by k2039: 3:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
plappville:

My friends in Facebook wont stop posting different photos of jesus.
When i tell them, they belittle Christ with this dimension, they gets angry.
Why can't people accept Christ for who He says He is, Do we really need to forge a photo of Him?

Funny enough most of those pictures are demonic

2 Likes

Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2012
if you had to go by what the bible says, he is a very dark skinned, austere, greying black man, with rugged features.

1 Like

Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 3:02pm On Oct 13, 2012
achina boy: @plappville,with my little knowledge,the pics of jesus u see today,is an imaginary pics of how a son of God is suppose to look like,for eg,u as a lady have some pics of a perfect boyfriend or husband in ur mind though he might not exist but if someone gives you a pencil to draw your perfect dream guy,honestly,dont really know u [b]but u might end up drawing someone that looks like Christ,[/b]maybe am wrong but most ladies would. So the same thing applies to those people that were trying to put a face on a son of God,fortunatly they ended with the face you see today,just like the picture of the last supper,no body was there to see their setting or their arrangement but this Italian guy drew what he thaught the enviroment looks like,,thanks,,,,,,i was not there too but just saying,u dont have to believe me,,,,,,sorry for using you for my first three lines illustration,i meant most women not neccessary you ok.

I know its an Imaginary photo. And Ur illustration on if i was given a pencil to draw a "perfect" boy/hubby is failled because i can guarantee you that i will end up like these artists. When there is no original proof of something, It cannot be "perfect". hence the bible didnt gave us Christ picture, there is absolute no picture that can figure his perfect look/form. We know that "Leonardo da Vinci" made His name with all His paint work. He was a Pagan, He wrote some dirty things about Jesus, So His art work has no good intention either.

If JESUS had long hair then the bible wouldn't say in, I Corinthians 11:14-15 "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, "IF A MAN HAVE LONG HAIR, IT IS A SHAME UNTO HIM" But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." Every time there is a picture of Jesus with long hair, I believe this is trying to bring shame to His precious name. The Bible is clear, it is a SHAME FOR A MAN TO HAVE LONG HAIR.
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
k2039:

Funny enough most of those pictures are demonic

Thats the point, and they are for commercial Purpose too.
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2012
Jesus cannot have long hair!!

Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by F00028: 8:04pm On Oct 13, 2012
obadiah777: if you had to go by what the bible says, he is a very dark skinned, austere, greying black man, with rugged features.

[img]http://1.bp..com/_GOUAO0qWKsk/TCkbP6gub3I/AAAAAAAAAXQ/wHFc7Di6f7U/s1600/Jesus-Christ+from+Shroud.jpg[/img]

http://www.history.com/shows/the-real-face-of-jesus
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 13, 2012
F00028:

[img]http://1.bp..com/_GOUAO0qWKsk/TCkbP6gub3I/AAAAAAAAAXQ/wHFc7Di6f7U/s1600/Jesus-Christ+from+Shroud.jpg[/img]

http://www.history.com/shows/the-real-face-of-jesus
BLACKER THAN THAT. SCRIPTURE SAYS BRASS AS IF BURNED IN A FURNACE. THATS LIKE EXTREMELY BLACK.

LAMENTATIONS 5 VS 10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine <<< COLOR OF PEOPLE FROM THE SAME TRIBE AS CHRIST
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2012
obadiah777: BLACKER THAN THAT. SCRIPTURE SAYS BRASS AS IF BURNED IN A FURNACE. THATS LIKE EXTREMELY BLACK.

LAMENTATIONS 5 VS 10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine <<< COLOR OF PEOPLE FROM THE SAME TRIBE AS CHRIST

Yet the world is made to believe that Chist is a white man....Many people see this white man in thier dream and claim they saw Jesus.
When i was a church goer, I used to see this same White man in my dream. Satan is using this picture to decieve many.
This is idolatery. sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by F00028: 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2012
obadiah777: BLACKER THAN THAT. SCRIPTURE SAYS BRASS AS IF BURNED IN A FURNACE. THATS LIKE EXTREMELY BLACK.

wow! you mean like me?

I wouldn't be surprised though. jews originally came from ethiopia anyway.
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 10:45pm On Oct 14, 2012
F00028:

wow! you mean like me?

Uhmm ! This sound interesting...more light plz...
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by Horus(m): 1:04am On Oct 15, 2012
plappville: How did the church came about having Jesus and Mary's image/photo, was it from the bible? I am just wondering are the appearances given to him by various artists exact? If no why then should this be accepted/used by Christians?
Your views please, Thanks.

Black people of the world, we need to rid ourselves of this pale white hippie image that has clouded our memory of who and what we are.
When you see these images and statues in the homes of friends and family, kindly ask them to remove it. You are not asking them to rid their beliefs, but rid themselves of the false images and race propaganda set against us as a people.
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 8:10am On Oct 15, 2012
Horus:

Black people of the world, we need to rid ourselves of this pale white hippie image that has clouded our memory of who and what we are.
When you see these images and statues in the homes of friends and family, kindly ask them to remove it. You are not asking them to rid their beliefs, but rid themselves of the false images and race propaganda set against us as a people.

You made sense, but that will be difficult to do, i believe they will feel you are over reacting undecided
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by F00028: 10:52am On Oct 15, 2012
plappville:

Uhmm ! This sound interesting...more light plz...

- Roman historian Tacitus wrote that many of his time believed that the Jews "were a race of Ethiopian origin."

- The original Jews in Africa 2000 years ago
were a Black African people as an ethnic
group. (Massey: Egypt Light of the Word
p.501

even the word ethiopia even seems to have been derived, through the Greek form, aithiopia, from the two words aitho, "I burn", and ops, "face". It would thus mean the coloured man's land — the land of the scorched faces.

http://realneo.us/content/original-biblical-jews-were-black-african-people
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2012
F00028:

- Roman historian Tacitus wrote that many of his time believed that the Jews "were a race of Ethiopian origin."

- The original Jews in Africa 2000 years ago
were a Black African people as an ethnic
group. (Massey: Egypt Light of the Word
p.501

even the word ethiopia even seems to have been derived, through the Greek form, aithiopia, from the two
words aitho, "I burn", and ops, "face". It would thus mean the coloured man's land — the land of the scorched faces.

http://realneo.us/content/original-biblical-jews-were-black-african-people

If this be true then there is a trace of truth in @Obadia777 comment . Thanks alot, i will go through ur link.
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
plappville:

Yet the world is made to believe that Chist is a white man....Many people see this white man in thier dream and claim they saw Jesus.
When i was a church goer, I used to see this same White man in my dream. Satan is using this picture to decieve many.
COULNDT HAVE SAID IT BETTER. BUT YOU KNOW IT IS PROPHESY RIGHT ? ROMANS 1 VS 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, THATS A FULFILLED PROPHESY. THAT WHITE IMAGE, THAT IS. THE WHITE IMAGE USED IS A CONVICTED MURDERER NAMED CESARE BORGIA WHO IS THE SON OF POPE ALEXANDER THE SIXTH OF ROME AND PAINTED BY MICHELANGELO AND LEONARDO DA VINCI DURING THE RENNAISANCE PERIOD.
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2012
F00028:

wow! you mean like me?

YUP JUST LIKE YOU AND JEWS DID NOT ORIGINALLY COME FROM ETHIOPIA. ETHIOPIANS ARE HAMITES. JEWS ARE SHEMITES. JEWS ARE NEGROS.
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by ijawkid(m): 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
plappville:

Hahahahaha...

So u been dey see the long haired white Jesus for your dream??...lol....

I think now u know it was all just a dream.....

Welcome to reality my dear..........

Please tell others that what they are seeing in there dreams aint Jesus but robert powell......
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
ijawkid:

Hahahahaha...

Please tell others that what they are seeing in there dreams aint Jesus but robert powell......
grin grin grin SOME PEOPLE WILL NEVER BELIEVE YOU. I REMEMBER TRYING TO CONVINCE FROSBEL A YEAR AGO THAT JESUS WAS BLACK. FROBEL SAID HE WAS AN ARAB COMPPLEXIONED MAN. SOME PEOPLE LOOK AT THE STATE OF OUR PEOPLE AND BECAUSE OF THAT THEY CANT SEE CHRIST COMING FROM SUCH A DEGRADED PEOPLE. BUT THE FOOLS DONT KNOW WE ARE IN OUR SECOND DEATH TILL CHRIST RETURNS TO UPLIFT OUR PEOPLE AGAIN AND PUT THE GENTILES IN THEIR SECOND DEATH. THEN THE WHITE MAN WILL BE THE NEW NIGG-ER ON EARTH. THE LORD WILL TAKE HIS KNOWLEDGE AWAY AND MAKE HIM ST-UPID LIKE HE DID US
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
obadiah777: COULNDT HAVE SAID IT BETTER. BUT YOU KNOW IT IS PROPHESY RIGHT ? ROMANS 1 VS 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, THATS A FULFILLED PROPHESY. THAT WHITE IMAGE, THAT IS. THE WHITE IMAGE USED IS A CONVICTED MURDERER NAMED CESARE BORGIA WHO IS THE SON OF POPE ALEXANDER THE SIXTH OF ROME AND PAINTED BY MICHELANGELO AND LEONARDO DA VINCI DURING THE RENNAISANCE PERIOD.

My broda thank you oo. The truth really shall set us free when we know it. I am free from indeed from this Halleluya!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
ijawkid:

Hahahahaha...

Yes oo, i was tied up by this white man picture before grin grin
Not only me had this proplem, alot of people but its hard for some not to believe they are not seeing the Jesus of the Bible but another jesus.

Am sure you know a movie, "THE PASSION OF CHRIST" this movie brought out the danger of anyone trying to portray himself as Jesus, as people in Mexico later approached the actor who played the part, they asked him to do miracles for them. grin He only played the part of Jesus, but now the people truly thought of him as Jesus.

Some people who ve viewed the movie, are saying tht they see the actor’s face in their minds as they pray. shocked shocked
When they think of Jesus, they now think of a man. grin What an idolatery force cheesy.
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
obadiah777: grin grin grin SOME PEOPLE WILL NEVER BELIEVE YOU. I REMEMBER TRYING TO CONVINCE FROSBEL A YEAR AGO THAT JESUS WAS BLACK. FROBEL SAID HE WAS AN ARAB COMPPLEXIONED MAN. SOME PEOPLE LOOK AT THE STATE OF OUR PEOPLE AND BECAUSE OF THAT THEY CANT SEE CHRIST COMING FROM SUCH A[b] DEGRADED PEOPLE.[/b] BUT THE FOOLS DONT KNOW WE ARE IN OUR SECOND DEATH TILL CHRIST RETURNS TO UPLIFT OUR PEOPLE AGAIN AND PUT THE GENTILES IN THEIR SECOND DEATH. THEN THE WHITE MAN WILL BE THE NEW NIGG-ER ON EARTH. THE LORD WILL TAKE HIS KNOWLEDGE AWAY AND MAKE HIM ST-UPID LIKE HE DID US

That's wrong of them, we are not degraded angry
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
plappville:

That's wrong of them, we are not degraded angry
we are degraded. lol lets face it. we got colonized enslaved plundered, had our heritage stolen, used and abused, the lowest rung in the world, lots of turmoil and suffering. yup we are degraded. HELL

MALACHI 2 VS 9 "So I have caused you to be despised and humiliated before all the people, because you have not followed my ways but have shown partiality in matters of the law."
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 10:04pm On Oct 17, 2012
obadiah777: we are degraded. lol lets face it. we got colonized enslaved plundered, had our heritage stolen, used and abused, the lowest rung in the world, lots of turmoil and suffering. yup we are degraded. HELL

MALACHI 2 VS 9 "So I have caused you to be despised and humiliated before all the people, because you have not followed my ways but have shown partiality in matters of the law."

So why dont you say we degraded ourselves? If you do not give yourself to be enslaved you cannot be enslaved. And How does this verse directed to us? Do you mean we are degraded by prophecy?
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 18, 2012
plappville:

So why dont you say we degraded ourselves? If you do not give yourself to be enslaved you cannot be enslaved. And How does this verse directed to us? Do you mean we are degraded by prophecy?
IT IS PROPHESY. HAD TO BE FULFILLED. TWAS INEVITABLE. JOB 9 VS 24 THE WORLD IS GIVEN TO THE HAND OF THE WICKED. THE WICKED IS THE EAGLE AND WE, THE SPIRITUALLY DEAD ARE THE PREY. YOU CANT STOP AN EAGLE FROM FEEDING ON CARCASE. ITS IMPOSSIBLE.
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by plappville(f): 12:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
obadiah777: IT IS PROPHESY. HAD TO BE FULFILLED. TWAS INEVITABLE. JOB 9 VS 24 THE WORLD IS GIVEN TO THE HAND OF THE WICKED. THE WICKED IS THE EAGLE AND WE, THE SPIRITUALLY DEAD ARE THE PREY. YOU CANT STOP AN EAGLE FROM FEEDING ON CARCASE. ITS IMPOSSIBLE.

I didn't thought it was a prophecy
Re: Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
plappville:

I didn't thought it was a prophecy
oh but it is hun. deuteronomy 28 vs 68

(1) (2) (Reply)

RCCG To Build New Camp Auditorium Along Lagos-Ibadan Express way / Pastor Sam Adeyemi's Analysis Of Election Postponement By INEC (Video) / Redeemed Pastor Kidnapped In Ikorodu, Lagos - Metronaija.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.