Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! (1467 Views)

RRS Enforces Single Lane Queue At Filling Stations In Lagos / Russia Enforces No-fly-zone In Syria With 64 S300 Ship To Air Missiles(pix) / Obasanjo Is Morally Bankrupt – Kashamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by Master6(m): 4:55am On Aug 19, 2012
Fellow Nigerians, I want to hear your opinions on what d gov of Osun state has done.

He has a special group of law officials that were created specifically to enforce dis law.
The people (the youths) found on the other side of dis law are beaten severely!!! And are charged abt 5 thousand naira per offence.
The offences include-- sagging ur pants, having obama hairstyle, growing too much afro, for ladies, any clothing dt exposes too much cleavage, too tight etc.

Pls Mods Front page. I want Nigerians to know what a terrible violation of expression is goin on in Naija in d 21st century!!!
Btw, aw did they pass d bill!!!??
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by Ikengawo: 5:08am On Aug 19, 2012
lmfao good.

but how can they enforce it if someone comes in from another state with an afro?
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by Master6(m): 5:25am On Aug 19, 2012
Idk for them ooo. Its lyk they're allergic 2 change or sth..
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by wesley80(m): 7:32am On Aug 19, 2012
Let me guess, this is called O-dressing. LMAO!
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by Acidosis(m): 7:35am On Aug 19, 2012
and someone would sign this into law very soon. .I think a sharia government in the west would start from osun state.

BTW, you want your story on the front page but you didn't reference it. .as in source
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 19, 2012
Is this what good governance entails? Op, pls add a reference to your info.
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by wesley80(m): 7:49am On Aug 19, 2012
^ No be only reference, na citation!
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by Master6(m): 10:08am On Aug 19, 2012
Okay, I will try and get a source. All I wrote are things experienced firsthand by me and my neighbours. U can verify from any body living in Osogbo right now.
But I'll still look through d osundefender website.
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by andresia(m): 10:21am On Aug 19, 2012
I like that! The youths, mostly the girls, need some sense of decency and decorum. See what these girls and even married women in warri wear is an eyesore! see them exposing all manner of torn and stretched skins that makes one puke sad

1 Like

Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by Sealeddeal(m): 10:30am On Aug 19, 2012
Who say 21st century? What has dat got to do with immorality? Does 21st century means dat everything is gud? Does right to self expression include dressing badly? Remember,right of self expression is not the only fundamental right bt people are fund of liking any of the law that will promote his/her cause.i remember when USA threatened to use diplomacy to force nigeria to accept gays and lesbian citing Right of association,everybody started threatenin USA.dnt u think there are gays/lesbian in nigeria? Nigeria should therefore legalise gay,lesbian and prostitution since human right is only thing dat matters.@poster,i will be happy to see such law enforced throughtout the country.
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by bodejohn(m): 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2012
Laws like these are pathetic to say the least. Is this the work Aregbesola is giving to youths in his empowerment scheme? The big issue I will have with this law if true is who determines what is immoral? The enforcement agency, the government or the people? If I sag my trousers and I drop out of a Range Rover Sports, will I be accused of immoral dressing? Or will basket month and his dreeds be thrown into prison? For me, apart from the fact that it is not the business of the government to enforce or curb immorality, the law will be too subjective and abuse will be inevitable.
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by asha80(m): 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2012
hmmm' O'dressing.
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by seunny4lif(m): 11:29pm On Aug 19, 2012
21th century my foot.In morrocco,tuinsia u their nt dress anyhow and they are still enjoying life.Dress well nt adnormal dress.
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by Alaafialoro(m): 12:32am On Aug 20, 2012
@OP....and the next thing will be sharia law
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by dasparrow: 2:37am On Aug 20, 2012
Master_1: Fellow Nigerians, I want to hear your opinions on what d gov of Osun state has done.

He has a special group of law officials that were created specifically to enforce dis law.
The people (the youths) found on the other side of dis law are beaten severely!!! And are charged abt 5 thousand naira per offence.
The offences include-- sagging ur pants, having obama hairstyle, growing too much afro, for ladies, any clothing dt exposes too much cleavage, too tight etc.

Pls Mods Front page. I want Nigerians to know what a terrible violation of expression is goin on in Naija in d 21st century!!!
Btw, aw did they pass d bill!!!??

What is wrong with President Obama's hair style? Obama has a clean hair cut. I don't condone grown adults getting beat up. If they want to fine violators of the law then okay but to beat people is just not right. As Nigerians we should stop acting like animals. What if they beat someone who is not healthy and they person slumps on the ground and dies? Nigerian society is too aggressive abeg. Giving them a fine is okay but beating them up is a no, no.
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by 2mch(m): 4:49am On Aug 20, 2012
I don't think how people dress should be Aregbe's problem. We are in a democracy and Osun is not a particular religion's state. There are many challenges in Osun, why is what people use their hard earned money to buy his concern. Who made him the judge of decency? Your idea of decency is not my idea. Aregbe should stop trying to be a dictator and focus on real issues. His people are kuku the toughest when it comes to changing Governors. Let him keep deceiving himself. If your right eye is causing you to sin by looking and fantasizing about people's clothes pluck the eye out! Don't disturb people for your weakness. Leave people to their freedoms and stop spoiling your party, with your myopic nonsense.smh
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by Jakumo(m): 5:35am On Aug 20, 2012
Evidently a bug-eyed, sex-obsessed chimpanzee was selected as governor in Osun State, Nigeria, for no civilized human being would empower groups of street hoodlums to go around beating people up under the pretext that some ambiguous and subjective dress code has not been met.

The governor-monkey of Osun State should, in a truly civilized society, be warehoused right along with other predators, perverts and peeping Toms, in a secure facility for the mentally deranged, where depraved copulatory appetites can be tamed with brutal regimes of hard labor under the African sun.

Ignoring all the true indexes of human advancement such as the provision of world-class health care, smooth road surfaces, well equipped schools, hygienic waste-disposal infrastructure and stable electrical power, the Osun State governor-monkey has chosen to preoccupy himself with peering up the skirts and down the cleavages of women and girls, but then rather than going home to choke his horrid little maggot so as to stop it squirming, has predictably opted for the savagery of encouraging assaults on the objects of his demented lust.

As mentioned by an earlier writer here, the repression and abuse of human rights often starts with incremental brutalities, of which the assault of women by "government" sanctioned street thugs is a prime example. The monkey-governor of Osun State is clearly a sexually twisted hater of women who is using his position of transient power as a platform to engage in a war on the female gender that is eerily reminiscent of the horrors perpetrated during Afghanistan's past as a Taliban terror enclave. That lower primate trying so desperately to regress Osun State into the status of a pariah fiefdom is a profound embarrassment to the federal government of Nigeria, and should be called to order or voted out as soon as is humanly possible.
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by tpia5: 5:48am On Aug 20, 2012
^such nasty descriptions, bro.
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by tpia5: 5:49am On Aug 20, 2012
@ topic

the story is probably untrue, but why is it so difficult for women to just dress properly?

is it the types of clothing that are being sold or what.

the problem wasnt of this magnitude before.
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by hooged: 7:20am On Aug 20, 2012
The news is true , I reside in one of the city/town in osun state
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 20, 2012
If the news is true, I'm in support of it. Too many foreign influence coupled with inferiority complex is corrupting the mind of youths.
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by Biggyd2: 8:18am On Aug 20, 2012
Na wa o. So this is this state's greatest problem? Abi, the governor wants to be a headmonster headmaster? His state is now a school.
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by Gbawe: 9:01am On Aug 20, 2012
Nigerians sha !!! This is why Nigeria is now a huge joke. How about everyone, to show we are from a nation with sensible adults only ready to work with facts, asking this OP to supply a source before anyone even entertains his submission that could be 100% fabrication? Where is the minimal political sophistication that should ensure we treat this Politics forum as an arena of facts and educational discussions instead of a market place or beer parlour for gossip, daydreaming and mischief?
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by redsun(m): 9:10am On Aug 20, 2012
Yeye people.Immorals dogs,telling people how to dress.

Do they ever think that bribery and corruption is immoral?
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by Maxymilliano(m): 9:12am On Aug 20, 2012
O-Dressing indeed!
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by malc619(m): 10:08am On Aug 20, 2012
Beer Parlour Gossip.....
No Source No Comment.....
Re: 0sun Govt Enforces Law Dat Prohibits Morally Illicit Dressing!!! by licensed2k(m): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2012
malc619: Beer Parlour Gossip.....
No Source No Comment.....
if u have anybody in dat state try to confirm nah, i jst did n it was true.
The SARS (special anti robbery squad) are meant to be chasin hardcore criminals and these bunch of pawpaw leaves smoker ar now unleashed on an innocent population. . .i bet the ghanaians guys i jst had a bash with wld laugh us to death if they were to stumble on something as barbaric as this

(1) (Reply)

Missing Persons In Our Political Enclave / When Is The N6 And N4 Call Rates Starting? / Bloodbath In Borno As 22 Policemen,14 Prison Officials, Others Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.