Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos (1617 Views)

VP Osinbajo Was Never Booed In Kano (pictures) / Ex-Governor T.A Orji Booed In Abia - The Sun / I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by Larufa(m): 5:56pm On Apr 09, 2006
Vice President Atiku Abubakar was on Saturday booed in Lagos by about 1,000 supporters of the Peoples Democratic Party in protest against what they alleged to be his anti-President Olusegun Obasanjo’s posture and presidential ambition. Abubakar was said to have arrived Lagos on Friday on a private visit.

The protesters, mostly youths, had earlier in the day held a peaceful demonstration at a junction about 100 metres from Abubakar’s Lagos’ Ikoyi Crescent home.

In a convoy of six buses, popularly called ‘molue,’ the PDP supporters arrived the Presidential Lounge of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos at about 10.30am to protest against Abubakar, who was scheduled to pass through the airport for his return trip to Abuja.

The demonstrators, who chanted anti-Atiku slogansn and carried anti-Atiku placards, said they were also out to express their solidarity for Obasanjo.

Some of the placards read, “Atiku, do not disintegrate the country;” “Atiku, you are a head of a traitor;” “Atiku, it’s time to quit – resign now,” among others.

A team of policemen, led by the state’s Commissioner of Police, Mr. Emmanuel Adebayo, however, prevented the protesters from gaining entrance into the main building housing the Presidential Lounge before and after the vice president arrived the airport as was the case earlier at Abubakar’s Lagos home.
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by Seun(m): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2006
What is your source, please?
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2006
The protesters were all paid to embarrass the Vice President of Nigeria.

If you pay, we can arrange another protest against the President with the same people.

In Nigeria, people join political parties for the sharing of the revenue allocation. And everybody is guilty. From the poorest member to the richest member of the political parties. But the political party with more funds can pay for more votes and always wins.

I was an insider with the Bamanga Tukur Presidential Campaign Office in 1990 and Kenny Ogungbe of Kennis Music was there with his brother in-law Chief Raymond Dokpesi.

No politician is a saint.
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by trips(m): 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2006
things fall apart!!
E don dey happen
which is quite sad for naija
2007 the battle lines are drawn
only God can save we, word!!!!
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by OldGlory1(m): 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2006
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by nirron1(m): 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2006
Any house built on falsehood shall definitely crumble whenever the truth catches up with.
''A yoruba proverb says ti iro ba lo logun odun ijo kan lotito aba''.
Sorry if u dont understand my Yoruba Yoruba.Truth has finally cut up with them.When two people are forcefully wedded together forcefully shall they part when the time comes.
It is not surprising to me,it is long over due.
If you know what their party PDP went through in 2003 to wed them together you wont be surprised that they are parting now.
I have been expecting it since Stella died but i think they were still paying their last respect to her and now they thought the respect is enough and they can now call it quit.
Dont you know that Stella was the brain behind they percieved cordial relation.But now that she is no more the split has to come. Not even the whole CWC of the party can hold them together again.
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by cabali(m): 9:39am On Apr 12, 2006
the PDP secretary paid the thugs N1000 each for the demonstration. If i pay the same guys N1500, they will do the same action against the secretary.

it has no political point at all, everyone knows it was staged and it aint the mind of the pple!

Atiku remains THE MAN!
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by celemel(m): 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2006
Story! story!! Storrryyyy!!!. Once upon a time, an Atiku/ Obj combination was d magic couple needed by the People Destroying People (PDP) to win a 'moonslide' elections in 1999 and 2003. I remember that Audu Ogbeh & co. were in tacit support of this couple. They foisted the couple on we, d ordinary people of Nigeria. Then, OBJ/Atiku was the best thing to happen to Nigeria. At least, Audu Ogbeh and co. and even the toothy Atiku said so. Today, the tables have turned. Politicians are like dogs. They eat their own, insofar as the eating would enhance their comparative advantage. Tom Ikimi was d returning officer at the Eagle Square, when d OBJ/Atiku ticket was forged in 2003 at d PDP primaries. He announced d winner in d person of Atiku/OBJ. Today, he is with Atiku and ACD, not PDP. Same with Ogbeh. They are friends today, enemies tomorrow. But don't allow them to fool you. They are all the same vultures, fighting over the carcasses of the ordinary man who has been pauperized by their lust for money, wealth and power. Atiku is greedy for power. Obasanjo is greedy for power (His own causes me much more pains though), Audu Ogbeh served Obj; and was booted out, when he became a spent force. So was Jerry Gana. So was Barnabas Gemade, so was Solomon Lar, so shall be Ali. If you want to be safe, stay off the fry-pan and watch from d sidelines. I see more blood and bruises ahead. God save us all, !!
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by toshmann(m): 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2006
and same will happen to all those legislators asking for 3rd term now. when the time comes i wont pity them.

when audu fell, i didn't pity him, now it's atiku, 2mrw ali, next 2mrw ojo maduekwe. etc. those fools will fall one by one.

they will all die a shameful death. abacha's lot shall be their case.

so it shall be written, and so shall it be done!!!!
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by Mariory(m): 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2006
If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would go as far as saying Atiku organised the protest so that people will feel he is being persecuted.
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 14, 2006
Is this the Atiku we want to vote in to replace baba in 2007?
An Atiku that clearly does not believe in the standard of education of the country he claims to love so much to be President!

Just read this excerpt from the requirements for employment as a faculty member in the school run by the vice-president, built by oil money!

Almost 90% of the professors and lecturers are American-educated and trained.

"In Fall 2006, we expect to bring on board at least twenty additional American and western-educated faculty members," said Dr. V.J. Garofalo, Vice President for Academic Affairs. "In addition, the University is able to hire an increasing number of Nigerian professors who received their Ph.D.s in the United States and Europe, and now would like to return to Nigeria to join our world-class faculty."

Obviously Nigerian-trained professors are not considered good enough to be a part of this "world class faculty". So much for the people who ensured the complete collapse of our educational system.

http://www.abti-american.edu.ng/news/aaunpr-060320-open-house-drive.htm

They really love us so much!  angry
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by aderaskeey(m): 3:45pm On Apr 16, 2006
In politics as they say,, there are no permanent enemies but permanent interests! Who doesn't know Muyiwa Collins, the megaphone of the new elite in power in the south west?

The madness called third term is raging and would spare no one that dares its path. Let us gird our loins and get ready for the countdown to showdown.

If you refuse to talk today bcause it is Atiku, tomorrow it would be your turn. I am amazed at whom God would use to accomplish His purpose for Nigeria in 2007.

I line up now with whatever God purposes to do with Nigeria's destiny come 2007.
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by nuggard(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2006
davidylan:

Is this the Atiku we want to vote in to replace baba in 2007?
An Atiku that clearly does not believe in the standard of education of the country he claims to love so much to be President!

Just read this excerpt from the requirements for employment as a faculty member in the school run by the vice-president, built by oil money!

Almost 90% of the professors and lecturers are American-educated and trained.

"In Fall 2006, we expect to bring on board at least twenty additional American and western-educated faculty members," said Dr. V.J. Garofalo, Vice President for Academic Affairs. "In addition, the University is able to hire an increasing number of Nigerian professors who received their Ph.D.s in the United States and Europe, and now would like to return to Nigeria to join our world-class faculty."

Obviously Nigerian-trained professors are not considered good enough to be a part of this "world class faculty". So much for the people who ensured the complete collapse of our educational system.

http://www.abti-american.edu.ng/news/aaunpr-060320-open-house-drive.htm

They really love us so much!  angry

I agree with them.In all Honesty we have to accept that something is missing in Nigeria.we believe we are oh so majical and we know everything.sorry for the off-topic post.

As regards Obj and Atiku, all of them are the same. Corrupt and Incompetent.

@aderaskeey that is word.
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by aderaskeey(m): 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2006
Nuggard,

We have reached a point in the political history of Nigeria that I can strongly perceive the anger of the Most High God at the chicanery of our rulers,

"Eru Olorun ba mi oooo, oun to ba ti pinu l'okan re, Ko s'eni too le daduro".

Abacha's aborted ambition would be a child's play when measured by history of the next 12 months in Nigeria. Just hook to God and watch the drama of the Invisible Hand writing on the wall of Nigeria's King's palace in Aso Rock
Re: Vice President Atiku Booed In Lagos by nuggard(m): 11:51am On Apr 18, 2006
amen! Eny bodi way wan cause kasala for naija must sign 'in death cheque.

(1) (Reply)

Why Obama Has Not Visited Nigeria / 2011 Election, Who Will You Vote For Realist Or Idealist Aspirant? / Jonathan Seeks N’assembly’s Nod For $4.4bn Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.