Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,527 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? (4411 Views)

GRE And Universities In Canada / Preparing for GRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 16, 2012
bigfrancis21: Hello nairalanders. I plan to write the exam soon and I'm not so sure of which to write. For those who have written both GRE exams, I want to know which exam type you prefer and the advantages and disadvantages of both types. Thanks.

I will do in Abj oct 20 CBT.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by omenziate(m): 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
U could always download GRE materials at www.4shared.com and Grubers seems to b d best book I have seen, though Barron questions are tougher. Just prepare well and Goodluck to u guys.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by eduson002(m): 12:13am On Sep 18, 2012
GRE books are not on 4shared anymore. If u have pls send to me eduson002@yahoo.com
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by omenziate(m): 6:46am On Sep 18, 2012
@eduson there are countless, u could register free on 4shared.com, once u finish , open ur 4shared account and select the books or file category . Type in GRE , u would see tonnes of GRE books, at least I am sure of kaplan, barron and Gruber and some old ones too. Try it and get back to me
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by eduson002(m): 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
I ve searched those books on the search engine bt didnt find them.When was d last time u saw anything as such?
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by omenziate(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
@eduson, still searched and saw most of dem today. Kinda confused hw u didn't get it.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by cutehaj(f): 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2012
Bigfrancis pls could U̶̲̥̅̊ send me the materials U̶̲̥̅̊ have on gre..preetyinluv@yahoo.com..thanks a bunch
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by eduson002(m): 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2012
omenziate: @eduson, still searched and saw most of dem today. Kinda confused hw u didn't get it.
.Ok,I wil search again.where did u search from,is it frm d home page?.Thanks.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by omenziate(m): 7:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
eduson002: .Ok,I wil search again.where did u search from,is it frm d home page?.Thanks.

I'll advise u open a free account wit dem, u just need ur email addy to do dat, activate ur account from ur email address. Open 4shared.com, enter ur password , and log in to ur 4shared acct. Enter GRE on the space provided and select Books or files from the several categories listed. Would have sent u d Pdf files but they are quite large, d least is like 25mb and I am not sure u can upload such size on yahoo or nairaland. Just try dis first.

http://www.4shared.com/office/_F4-dXh5/BARRONS_NEW_GRE_19TH_EDITION_E.htm

http://www.4shared.com/zip/ctrc4Urv/__kaplan_new_gre_premier_2011_.htm

http://www.4shared.com/office/uz6K4IAz/Grubers_Complete_GRE_Guide_201.htm

http://www.4shared.com/office/L7OHMKeY/New_GRE_1014_Questions.htm. . Try dis links out.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by eduson002(m): 8:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
omenziate:

I'll advise u open a free account wit dem, u just need ur email addy to do dat, activate ur account from ur email address. Open 4shared.com, enter ur password , and log in to ur 4shared acct. Enter GRE on the space provided and select Books or files from the several categories listed. Would have sent u d Pdf files but they are quite large, d least is like 25mb and I am not sure u can upload such size on yahoo or nairaland. Just try dis first.

http://www.4shared.com/office/_F4-dXh5/BARRONS_NEW_GRE_19TH_EDITION_E.htm

http://www.4shared.com/zip/ctrc4Urv/__kaplan_new_gre_premier_2011_.htm

http://www.4shared.com/office/uz6K4IAz/Grubers_Complete_GRE_Guide_201.htm

http://www.4shared.com/office/L7OHMKeY/New_GRE_1014_Questions.htm. . Try dis links out.
Thanks so much.I wil download it 2morow cos I am browsing wit my phone
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2012
bigfrancis21:
I've sent it.

Sent it. Its Grubers Complete GRE guide. Its the one i'm using. Its very very good and comprehensive. Goodluck.

Hey my people, my pal in Canada had faxed my registration form for GRE to the Netherlands. He told me he did that last Thursday, when am supposed to hear from them? Am for CBT Oct 20.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by bigfrancis21: 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2012
ferdiii:

Hey my people, my pal in Canada had faxed my registration form for GRE to the Netherlands. He told me he did that last Thursday, when am supposed to hear from them? Am for CBT Oct 20.

I've been away from this thread for quite some time.
I'm for Oct 20 as well. The paper GRE actually and i'm seriously reading for the exam as I hope to score very high to stand a chance for landing a scholarship or assistantship job. I'm using Gruber's and I must confess that the book is wonderful, comprehensive and well-written.
As for the reply, allow up to 4 weeks to get registered and get a notification e-mail from them, that is if you're registering via mail. It's on their website. I'm actually awaiting their reply. My 4-week wait should be due by this week. Cheers.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by eduson002(m): 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2012
bigfrancis21:

I've been away from this thread for quite some time.
I'm for Oct 20 as well. The paper GRE actually and i'm seriously reading for the exam as I hope to score very high to stand a chance for landing a scholarship or assistantship job. I'm using Gruber's and I must confess that the book is wonderful, comprehensive and well-written.
As for the reply, allow up to 4 weeks to get registered and get a notification e-mail from them, that is if you're registering via mail. It's on their website. I'm actually awaiting their reply. My 4-week wait should be due by this week. Cheers.
Francis,er u saying it takes 4 weeks to get confermation mail after registering?
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by bigfrancis21: 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2012
eduson002: Francis,er u saying it takes 4 weeks to get confermation mail after registering?
As quoted on their website, yes. That is especially for registration via mail/courier.
@ferdii
How are you preparing for the exam?
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by jraw: 5:15am On Oct 02, 2012
@Bigfrancis,just wnt 2 commnd u 4 ur hlp. Just preparing hard,though hav using diffrnt materials. Pliz hlp me with d GRE buks u have=oshioke14@yahoo.com
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by bigfrancis21: 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
jraw: @Bigfrancis,just wnt 2 commnd u 4 ur hlp. Just preparing hard,though hav using diffrnt materials. Pliz hlp me with d GRE buks u have=oshioke14@yahoo.com
Sent.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by MrChris1(m): 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
Hi Everyone. Whats the cost & dates of both GRE & GMAT? Thanks!!!
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by jamebex(m): 10:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
@bigfrancis can you please foward the GRE Material to me on agba12@yahoo.com
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by daminho(m): 10:32am On Oct 23, 2012
Pls house, I want to write GRE and a relation in UK Is willing to pay for me since Nigerians are not allowed to register online...please wat is the process he shud take for him to register for me from UK, I intend writing the exam dis November......pls its urgent Nairalanders!!!! @bigFrancis pls I'll appreciate if u can send me the Gruber GRE prep book...am planning to write the CBT come November!!
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by bigfrancis21: 2:00am On Oct 27, 2012
Mr. Chris:
Hi Everyone. Whats the cost & dates of both GRE & GMAT? Thanks!!!
The average cost of GRE in Nigeria is N40,000. This is because you'll have to register through an agent and they add their service charge on top.
However, the official GRE registration fee as quoted on their website, www.ets.org, is $175 dollars or N28,000.
I have no idea about the GMAT though it's going to cost about the same amount.
Dates? For the computer based test you can write it anytime of the week or month, monday through friday. For the paper based GRE, you only write it thrice a year - oct, nov and february.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by bigfrancis21: 2:00am On Oct 27, 2012
jamebex: @bigfrancis can you please foward the GRE Material to me on agba12@yahoo.com
Sent.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by bigfrancis21: 2:03am On Oct 27, 2012
daminho: Pls house, I want to write GRE and a relation in UK Is willing to pay for me since Nigerians are not allowed to register online...please wat is the process he shud take for him to register for me from UK, I intend writing the exam dis November......pls its urgent Nairalanders!!!! @bigFrancis pls I'll appreciate if u can send me the Gruber GRE prep book...am planning to write the CBT come November!!

Visit https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/cbt/ to see the several options available for registering.

Though I wrote the paper based GRE, I'd quickly drop a brief description of how I registered. I downloaded the form, filled it out, scanned and attached to my e-mail. Now, since online registration isn't available to Nigerians, I e-mailed my form to a cousin in canada. I then paid in $175 into his account. He then got a money order of same amount from his bank and mailed both the money order and my printed registration form to the address in US. I saved a lot of money. This means of registration is by mail. For the cbt, there are other options such as registering by phone, fax, mail as well, etc.

You forgot to drop an e-mail address for the GRE material.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by pingu2k5(m): 7:32am On Oct 29, 2012
@bigfrancis pls send the material to me at pingu2k5@yahoo.com. Thanks. I wish u all d best.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by bigfrancis21: 10:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
pingu2k5: @bigfrancis pls send the material to me at pingu2k5@yahoo.com. Thanks. I wish u all d best.
Sent.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by japans: 12:14pm On Feb 11, 2013
fadinus:
Send me the material u have

Greetings, will appreciate GMAT material. Kindly send to akoredesamson@yahoo.com

Thanks

Japans
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by ZIGGX: 4:09pm On Feb 11, 2013
Would you please help me out with the Toefl materials....Ozisco4real@yahoo.co.uk...thanks a million
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by bigfrancis21: 9:19am On Feb 13, 2013
japans:

Greetings, will appreciate GMAT material. Kindly send to akoredesamson@yahoo.com

Thanks

Japans
Sent. In the mails are download links for the latest GMAT materials.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by bigfrancis21: 9:23am On Feb 13, 2013
ZIGGX: Would you please help me out with the Toefl materials....Ozisco4real@yahoo.co.uk...thanks a million
Sent. In the mails are several download links for the latest TOEFL 2013 materials, and even for GRE and GMAT.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by dridowu: 1:14pm On Jul 01, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Sent. In the mails are several download links for the latest TOEFL 2013 materials, and even for GRE and GMAT.
pls bros, i also nid ds TOEFL , SATand GRE , dou am not writin any1 now but just want to get it ready till when i made up my mind. Mail is

idowu_ibrahim@yahoo.com.
Thanks boss
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by bigfrancis21: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2013
dridowu: pls bros, i also nid ds TOEFL , SATand GRE , dou am not writin any1 now but just want to get it ready till when i made up my mind. Mail is

idowu_ibrahim@yahoo.com.
Thanks boss

Send an empty email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll get an immediate email response containing the download links for TOEFL and GRE.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by dridowu: 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Send an empty email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll get an immediate email response containing the download links for TOEFL and GRE.
i rcved it tru selfstudy 360. Thanks really aprc8 it.
Re: Paper-based Gre And Computer-based Gre Which Is Better? by Spanishmario(m): 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
bigfrancis21:

guess ur GRE was gr8 nywaiz which 1 did yu use(paper or cbt). I also need materials for GRE coz selfstudy360 only gives d names of d books only...fenkzzz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Wicked Women In History / Latest On Nasarawa State University Post Ume / Get Instant Admission To Federal Polytechnic Mubi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.