Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

The "REAL" Hausa - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The "REAL" Hausa (158518 Views)

Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Ikengawo: 7:30am On Dec 27, 2017
Well then, we can agree to disagree. Have a good day.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 27, 2017
Ikengawo:
Well then, we can agree to disagree. Have a good day.

I'd much rather not leave things this way. I believe the facts I brought up are valid and speak for themselves so if you feel differently then you must have facts you feel can counter mine which I would like for you to present. The purpose of this is just not for debate sake but to learn from each other to please do not be discouraged.

2 Likes

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 11:44am On Dec 27, 2017
Ikengawo:

I know what he's saying. They type of violence and oppression fulani people believe is necessary for their survival is fundamental unafrican. This is why there are so many clashes. Hausa kingdoms were African their Islam was open and permissive like what you see with the Yoruba and in Senegal. They were the chief power for centuries and didnt turn this power against others. They were a source of unity and pride. People from all over africa came to Know to learn and trade.

After Dan Fodio hijacked this culture the decline started. The islam that was introduced was the brutal unforgiving and unafrican middle eastern one. This is when the bloodshed in the name of Islam started. This is when new ideas stopped coming from the city states. This is when people became weary to go there.

There's a disregard for human life that's uncommon in Africa. But when you hear of herdmen coming to someone farm and killing children at night because of a cow you wonder if this is still Africa. This is a very Eurasian way of behaving.

If not for this thread many of us would still attribute this to 'hausa' culture but I'm seeing that it's not.

African culture isn't perfect and has it's issues but someone from Ghana would have a hard time wrapping their heads around the affairs of Northern Nigeria. They have Hausa and they have Fula but they never had that culture killing jihad

To the Fulani, cattle is Salary, it is what is used sometimes to create butter from the milk, yogurt, so cattle is viewed as an important part of financial freedom for nomadic Fulani. When someone kills your cattle, it's the equivalent of someone stealing your money, property or other prized belongings. I'm not justifying attacks on anyone, however, attacks on Fulani people are also made.

In essence, the victim mentality of African people needs to end. Look at what's happening in Libya, Southern Nigerians are actually helping sell other Nigerians to Mean-spirited Arab bigots. Whenever Africans are hurt or extorted by Europeans or someone else, many view it as ok when it is not, but be it another African group of people, hypocritical hats come on immediately.

3 Likes

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2017
I just caught up on this thread and read through the discourse between DevdanSanguine and Ikengawo.

To be honest, and I'm not trying to incite division here, but Ikengawo, I disagree with your rhetoric that Christianity allows people to retain their "African-ness" if anything, people have diverged further from Africa due to Christianity.

Hausa people speak their language without flaws and fail, but many Africans that have adopted Christianity are White-washed and can't even speak their respective language fluently. Many of them praise the West and have a very strong anti-Islam agenda just like White Republicans (who don't even like Africans) from the United States.

If you look at Nigeria today and compare it to all our neighbours, can you honestly say that many Nigerians behave "African"? Cattle-herding for instance has been in Africa for tons of millennia. Islam has been here for centuries, and Christianity is barely over a century old in Nigeria.

You can look at the music sung by those that have adopted Christianity and see that they are all Euro/Ameri wannabes. To be honest, it makes me sick to my stomach.

3 Likes

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
Fulaman198:

To the Fulani, cattle is Salary, it is what is used sometimes to create butter from the milk, yogurt, so cattle is viewed as an important part of financial freedom for nomadic Fulani. When someone kills your cattle, it's the equivalent of someone stealing your money, property or other prized belongings. I'm not justifying attacks on anyone, however, attacks on Fulani people are also made.

In essence, the victim mentality of African people needs to end. Look at what's happening in Libya, Southern Nigerians are actually helping sell other Nigerians to Mean-spirited Arab bigots. Whenever Africans are hurt or extorted by Europeans or someone else, many view it as ok when it is not, but be it another African group of people, hypocritical hats come on immediately.
100%
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Ikengawo: 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
I'm not going to read all of those essays because I don't have the time. What you and I are seeing in this thread has been destroyed by a culture that isn't culturally rich enough to replace what they're destroying with anything else. The Hausa language is alive and well because Hausa people did that, not because Islam is permitting it. This isn't a referendum on which is 'better' North v. South. I simply stated that the Fulani has destroyed what the Hausa have built and made the region unrecognizable to other Africans, as has middle eastern brand Islam and this is a fact that 1000 nairaland essays won't refute.

Still, I can pray and read the bible in Igbo without and issue. I'm also not a Christian and can pronounce this freely and argue the legitimacy of christianity among christians in any part of the world including my own christian hometown. This isn't the case with Islam, and there are hundreds of more examples of it's lack of permissiveness civility and openness. This lack is a threat to any culture around it. You're aware of who introduced jihad to the North. You're aware of it's offspring (boko haram etc). You're aware of all of this but still you argue out of insecurity, not sincerity.

I can acknowledge the flaws in Christianity openly, but your cannot be honest about what islam has done to Africa, and a Fulani cannot be honest about his people adverse relationship to the progress and well being of the people in north Nigeria. If you told me there were Igbo people selling drugs, I won't argue with you. If you told me an Igbo man has a grocery store and started raping and killing women because of his 'salary' I will tell you he's insane and sick.

But if I told you that a Fulani person raped and killed women in a farm because of a cow, you'll tell me the cow is his 'salary'. This is unafrican and cowardly and because I see this in you nature, we're not going to debate because fundamentally, I'll never understand you. Have a good day.

4 Likes

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ikengawo:
I'm not going to read all of those essays because I don't have the time. What you and I are seeing in this thread has been destroyed by a culture that isn't culturally rich enough to replace what they're destroying with anything else. The Hausa language is alive and well because Hausa people did that, not because Islam is permitting it. This isn't a referendum on which is 'better' North v. South. I simply stated that the Fulani has destroyed what the Hausa have built and made the region unrecognizable to other Africans, as has middle eastern brand Islam and this is a fact that 1000 nairaland essays won't refute.

Still, I can pray and read the bible in Igbo without and issue. I'm also not a Christian and can pronounce this freely and argue the legitimacy of christianity among christians in any part of the world including my own christian hometown. This isn't the case with Islam, and there are hundreds of more examples of it's lack of permissiveness civility and openness. This lack is a threat to any culture around it. You're aware of who introduced jihad to the North. You're aware of it's offspring (boko haram etc). You're aware of all of this but still you argue out of insecurity, not sincerity.

I can acknowledge the flaws in Christianity openly, but your cannot be honest about what islam has done to Africa, and a Fulani cannot be honest about his people adverse relationship to the progress and well being of the people in north Nigeria. If you told me there were Igbo people selling drugs, I won't argue with you. If you told me an Igbo man has a grocery store and started raping and killing women because of his 'salary' I will tell you he's insane and sick.

But if I told you that a Fulani person raped and killed women in a farm because of a cow, you'll tell me the cow is his 'salary'. This is unafrican and cowardly and because I see this in you nature, we're not going to debate because fundamentally, I'll never understand you. Have a good day.

Fair enough, and to be honest, I am not the best Muslim out there as many Muslims on here know. You can often find me talking about women's feet and toes, their b00bs, and their a&@es so I would be a hypocrite if I told you that I am a good Muslim.

With that out of the way, I see the point that you are trying to make. However, It is hard to say that Hausa culture was destroyed when much of it is still intact. If anything, Nigerian Fulani culture was destroyed.

Now you ponder why I say this? One must first look at what defines culture, it is not religion alone. Culture is comprised of language, music, food, and particular behaviours that define a particular group of people.

It is hard to say what Hausa practised prior to Islam which was introduced to them in the 11th century by Wangara Clerics from Mali. Why? we were not around at that time.

Although the Fulani did indeed capture a good portion of Hausaland, much of Hausaland was left unexplored and in the hands of the Hausa. As you know, till this day the lingua Franca of Northern Nigeria is Hausa and not Fulfulde (the language of the Fulani). In fact, Fulfulde is spoken mainly only amongst Fulani whereas Hausa is spoken by every ethnicity in Northern Nigeria. I think that you and I can agree that language is a huge part of what makes up a culture.

Then, let's look at Hausa Food, Hausa Food has absolutely nothing to do with Middle Eastern food and is similar to foods served in other parts of the Sahel. If you are well-traveled, you will have to agree that Hausa food is very African.

Let's take a look at Hausa music. Traditionally, to this very day if you go to any major Hausa speaking city, be it Sokoto, Nigeria, Daura, and then Zinder, Niger, Maradi, etc. Hausa music is traditionally done on Kalangu (Talking drum), Goje/Goge (Violin like Fiddle), and even Algaitar (which is like a flute played at special ceremonies). No element of Hausa music can be found in the Middle East. I am not talking about the auto-tuned nonsense found in Kannywood films (Nigerian Hausa films).

There are Arab Christians and there are Arab Muslims. Are Arab Christians "less Arab" because they practise Christianity as opposed to Islam. Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Baaballiyo(m): 10:20pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hmmm, What a funny and controversial thread. I see people love to put blame/s upon others. In this case(thread) 'Islam and Fulani' are the culprits. OP is surely not Hausa but to some extent a learned of Hausa history.

His major blunder: BORI.

Bori is not a religion (like Islam or Christianity) is a secret cult. Hausa Pagans worship a Female Goddess call "Tsumburbura" and presently I doubt if 1% of Hausa natives worship her. I believe 90-95% of native Hausa people are Muslims and 3-5% Christians, 2-3% others.

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2017
Baaballiyo:
Hmmm, What a funny and controversial thread. I see people love to put blame/s upon others. In this case(thread) 'Islam and Fulani' are the culprits. OP is surely not Hausa but to some extent a learned of Hausa history.

His major blunder: BORI.

Bori is not a religion (like Islam or Christianity) is a secret cult. Hausa Pagans worship a Female Goddess call "Tsumburbura" and presently I doubt if 1% of Hausa natives worship her. I believe 90-95% of native Hausa people are Muslims and 3-5% Christians, 2-3% others.

I've been waiting for you to show up.

Was wondering if you could email me your collection of northern Nigerian Nigeria if you have the soft copies.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Baaballiyo(m): 11:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
DevdanSanguine:

I've been waiting for you to show up.

Was wondering if you could email me your collection of northern Nigerian Nigeria if you have the soft copies.

I wud hv loved to, but sadly most in my possession are in Hard copies, but I've one in pdf format " Government in Kano; 1350-1950" written by M.G. Smith. Although the book is mainly about Kano it gives an insight into the Hausa people and their Culture.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
Baaballiyo:

I wud hv loved to, but sadly most in my possession are in Hard copies, but I've one in pdf format " Government in Kano; 1350-1950" written by M.G. Smith. Although the book is mainly about Kano it gives an insight into the Hausa people and their Culture.

All good man.

I think I can get that book online. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by darkhorizon: 5:14am On Dec 29, 2017
Fulaman198:

Because cattle is salary means they should kill people anyhow
Common cattle!!!

And the mean spirited Arabs you mentioned, are they not the mentors/fathers of your people

I spit on your Logic.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 9:37am On Dec 30, 2017
darkhorizon:

Because cattle is salary means they should kill people anyhow
Common cattle!!!

And the mean spirited Arabs you mentioned, are they not the mentors/fathers of your people

I spit on your Logic.

I would be wasting my time on you, so I won't go into much detail. Read a book. What do Arabs have to even do with Fulani?

Also, if someone took all your prized possessions, clothing, money, car, housing, etc. would you just let it be or would you do something about it?
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by ehikwe22: 8:21am On Dec 31, 2017
Fulaman198:

Cattle is never the issue here bro. the Christian farmers that's been massacred in their hundreds and thousands in the dead of the night in their villages, and those massacred in their own farm, their farm is playing ground abi? Who's the aggressor here? Who's going about his business peacefully and another uninvited evil guest appears to take his sleep away? You said you are not a good Muslim but bro, you are a good Muslim. Good and Islam are ironic to the word "good". To be a good Muslim, you must be a killer or support killers. And you've been caught doing the second here who also knows how many people you've killed in the name of senseless jihad?
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by RedboneSmith(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2017
ehikwe22:
Cattle is never the issue here bro. the Christian farmers that's been massacred in their hundreds and thousands in the dead of the night in their villages, and those massacred in their own farm, their farm is playing ground abi? Who's the aggressor here? Who's going about his business peacefully and another uninvited evil guest appears to take his sleep away? You said you are not a good Muslim but bro, you are a good Muslim. Good and Islam are ironic to the word "good". To be a good Muslim, you must be a killer or support killers. And you've been caught doing the second here who also knows how many people you've killed in the name of senseless jihad?

grin grin grin

I am a Southern (nominal) Christian. But the bolded statement is very, very ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Isahalbash(m): 7:07pm On Dec 31, 2017
ehikwe22:

If you think herdsmen killed only Christians, then you are mistaken. Herdsmen kill anyone stopping them from grazing their cattle whether Christians or Muslims, Hausa, Kanuri, Igbo or Yoruba.

Am talking from experience as a child nd now as an adult. The difference is that, d former is easily spread thru social media while d latter don't( maybe because of d state of d country where everything is about religion, tribe or politics).

2 Likes

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by ehikwe22: 8:23am On Jan 01, 2018
Isahalbash:

If you think herdsmen killed only Christians, then you are mistaken. Herdsmen kill anyone stopping them from grazing their cattle whether Christians or Muslims, Hausa, Kanuri, Igbo or Yoruba.

Am talking from experience as a child nd now as an adult. The difference is that, d former is easily spread thru social media while d latter don't( maybe because of d state of d country where everything is about religion, tribe or politics).
You're not making sense. You blame spreading news about herdsmen murder on religion, tribes and religion. Would you they rather sweep it under the rug? Muslims have been known to massacre their own in the cause of jihad. They kill others and kill themselves too but that's not a point to invalidate the act of jihad. in jihad, they kill everyone that doesn't agree with their own version of jihad. yes, Fulanis are nobodys friends. They even kill Hausa Kanuri people sometimes. Hausas are their slaves and they do whatever they like with them. But Kanuris are a harder Nut for them. Who is stopping them from grazing their cattle? Oh, you rather they allow them graze their cattles in people's farm? Please listen to your write up and ask yourself what sense you're making.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by ehikwe22: 8:28am On Jan 01, 2018
RedboneSmith:

grin grin grin

I am a Southern (nominal) Christian. But the bolded statement is very, very ignorant.
oh brother, you're the type that assume there are moderate Muslims. The hard truth is, you're not a Muslim if you don't support jihad, the only means of expanding Islam. Let's not sugarcoat this. Islam believe less in evangelism or using conviction to convert new members. Their only tool is to put fear, subdue, conquer and if they refuse to convert, destroy and exterminate them. This is what Islam is built upon so any moderate Muslims you see out there are fighting jihad with their money and body language. Please I want to see your opposing points.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 01, 2018
ehikwe22:
You're not making sense. You blame spreading herdsmen murder on religion, tribes and religion. Would you they rather sweep it under the rug? Muslims have been known to massacre their own in the cause of jihad. They kill others and kill themselves too but that's not a point to invalidate the act of jihad. in jihad, they kill everyone that doesn't agree with their own version of jihad. yes, Fulanis are nobodys friends. They even kill Hausa Kanuri people sometimes. Hausas are their slaves and they do whatever they like with them. But Kanuris are a harder Nut for them. Who is stopping them from grazing their cattle? Oh, you rather they allow them graze their cattles in people's farm? Please listen to your write up and ask yourself what sense you're making.

So you think herdsmen killing people is Jihad? What are the grounds? Because people kill their cows? How does that begin to fall under Jihad and how is that justifiable by any Islamic account? Killing one person regardless of creed let alone a Muslim is like killing the whole of humanity, that's what Islam says. And what purpose do you think this "jihad" is trying to achieve?

He is merely pointing out that these conflicts are not religious or even ethnic because I know non nomadic fulani men that have suffered at the hands of herdsmen through farm clashes or kidnappings. He pointed out that these cases aren't reported because they don't fit the narrative the media is trying to sell that herdsmen only kill non Muslims or non fulanis.

The problem with you igbos is even with the little education you try to attain you choose to remain wilfully ignorant because your culture instils too much hubris in you.

2 Likes

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 01, 2018
ehikwe22:
oh brother, you're the type that assume there are moderate Muslims. The hard truth is, you're not a Muslim if you don't support jihad, the only means of expanding Islam. Let's not sugarcoat this. Islam believe less in evangelism or using conviction to convert new members. Their only tool is to put fear, subdue, conquer and if they refuse to convert, destroy and exterminate them. This is what Islam is built upon so any moderate Muslims you see out there are fighting jihad with their money and body language. Please I want to see your opposing points.

You see people like you are the biggest enemies of your people. Shameless and thoughtless in your utterances. Now imagine me seeing this, the next time I see an igbos Christian with these words ringing in my ears how do you think I'm going to act towards him. How do you expect me to ever trust an igbo person knowing he may share a similar thought process with a re tarded Im becile like you? The hard truth here is what you refuse to tell yourself and who you are is a disgusting self hating brain dead good for nothing wazzock.

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Isahalbash(m): 9:06am On Jan 01, 2018
ehikwe22:
You're not making sense. You blame spreading news about herdsmen murder on religion, tribes and religion. Would you they rather sweep it under the rug? Muslims have been known to massacre their own in the cause of jihad. They kill others and kill themselves too but that's not a point to invalidate the act of jihad. in jihad, they kill everyone that doesn't agree with their own version of jihad. yes, Fulanis are nobodys friends. They even kill Hausa Kanuri people sometimes. Hausas are their slaves and they do whatever they like with them. But Kanuris are a harder Nut for them. Who is stopping them from grazing their cattle? Oh, you rather they allow them graze their cattles in people's farm? Please listen to your write up and ask yourself what sense you're making.

The point is dat; they make it seemed like it was a religious crisis when d herdsmen killed or wrecked a christian community with a headline like " Fulani Islamist herdsmen" when in d real sense, they killed anyone that oppose them from grazing their cattle irrespective of religion or tribe.

Saying; " they killed anyone that stop them from grazing" does not mean I support them rather, am saying( it was not based on religion or tribe), but on selfishness.

Jihad is not based on killing anyone, those who used d Quran to commit those acts are doing it to satisfy their interest believe me or not.

Terrorists killed anyone who oppose to their views not necessarily people from a particular religion, they called anyone infidel even if u are a muslim who oppose their views.

2 Likes

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 01, 2018
I just came across your thread today. What a great topic your writing on. More grease to your elbow.

One love form the East. Apart form the complex nature of Nigeria politics, we never had problem or contact with the Hausas before British intervention.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by hamzeiy: 5:52pm On Jan 01, 2018
ehikwe22:
Mr man if you arr sen.sible enough you should have realised that fulani herdsmen are mostly pagans, animist in particular and their activities have i no way been influence by islam. They see their animals as their way of surbival, these are people that cant even pray and dont know who the name mohammad s.a.w is, do attaching islam to their activities is not only a form of senseless bigotry but immature. If islam enciurages violent jihad as you all are brainwashed to believe nigeria would have been a living hell for everybody considering the populations of muslims faithful, infact we wont have non.muslims in our mid. So the reason we are together is not because we are cowards as obviously you should know that but because islam instructs us to live peacefully with other faith as long they do not attack us openly or secretly. That been said accusing the mentioned nairalander of murder just because he is a muslim is un called for and stewpid. I can as well call all christsins kidnappers, ritualist, your mothers commercial sex workers as you are well known for pre marital sex, traffickers and so on
.that wouldnt be nice, would it?

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by hamzeiy: 6:08pm On Jan 01, 2018
ehikwe22:

Sometimes i wonder how these set of people think, a person that dosnt even know the origin and truthfulness of his religion thinks he is an expat in islam, jihad principally and isamically means struggle for the sake of Allah (i care less about the meaning your brain washed self decides to give it)
Thus it is the duty of every muslim to struggle against his inner desires, worldly temptations, propagate and protect the religion from external aggression.
There is no compulsion in religion as stated in the quran but islam would not alow itself to be subdued, thats when we have the offensive jihad, when you attack muslims or islam principally because they practicing their faith you would be invaded, there is no sugar coating of it. Across islamic history territories where only invaded if they are hell bent on destroying the religion or refusing muslims within their territory to practice theirs otherwise we make a peaceful agreement with you, even at that we don't force citizens to accept the faith as the quran stated, the path of truth and guidance is clear from that of falsehood, its upto you to follow yours and whom ever is destroyed should have himself to blame while the successful one,s would thank Allah for His mercy.
As for the OP..the thread is intresting and educative as it is filled with lies.
Islam was part of the hausas way before the sokoto jihad,it was spread mainly through trades with the arabs, it was never forced on anyone neither is it our way to force religion on people like the Christians crusaders did in the past..we don't have to be bigots all the time

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 01, 2018
hamzeiy:

Sometimes i wonder how these set of people think, a person that dosnt even know the origin and truthfulness of his religion thinks he is an expat in islam, jihad principally and isamically means struggle for the sake of Allah (i care less about the meaning your brain washed self decides to give it)
Thus it is the duty of every muslim to struggle against his inner desires, worldly temptations, propagate and protect the religion from external aggression.
There is no compulsion in religion as stated in the quran but islam would not alow itself to be subdued, thats when we have the offensive jihad, when you attack muslims or islam principally because they practicing their faith you would be invaded, there is no sugar coating of it. Across islamic history territories where only invaded if they are hell bent on destroying the religion or refusing muslims within their territory to practice theirs otherwise we make a peaceful agreement with you, even at that we don't force citizens to accept the faith as the quran stated, the path of truth and guidance is clear from that of falsehood, its upto you to follow yours and whom ever is destroyed should have himself to blame while the successful one,s would thank Allah for His mercy.
As for the OP..the thread is intresting and educative as it is filled with lies.
Islam was part of the hausas way before the sokoto jihad,it was spread mainly through trades with the arabs, it was never forced on anyone neither is it our way to force religion on people like the Christians crusaders did in the past..we don't have to be bigots all the time

I'm very glad that most Hausas (maybe you're fulani?) Are able to see past the charade of this imposter. This bloke is indubitably not Hausa and this has been proven in multiple ocassions. Like I said, i don't know what his motives are but his dedication to this charade is baffling.

While I agree with the majority of what you wrote I would like to point out that Arabs have little or nothing to do with Islam in hausa land. The first wage of reverts did so due to wangara scholars from Mali. Then there are Berber scholars like al Maghili who played crucial roles. But mostly Arabs had little or nothing to do with it.

Northern Nigerian history in general has more to do with Berbers who many mistake to be Arabs which they are not.

2 Likes

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Baaballiyo(m): 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2018
ehikwe22:

What a bitter and ignorant soul.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by darkhorizon: 10:38am On Jan 02, 2018
Fulaman198:

I would be wasting my time on you, so I won't go into much detail. Read a book. What do Arabs have to even do with Fulani?

Also, if someone took all your prized possessions, clothing, money, car, housing, etc. would you just let it be or would you do something about it?

Still very lame to justify your killer tribesmen.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 12:18am On Jan 04, 2018
darkhorizon:

Still very lame to justify your killer tribesmen.

I am not justifying killing or murder, please do not put words in my mouth. What I am saying is that MOST human beings do not like it when their possessions are tampered with. Is that true or false? If someone was to steal your car, your money, vandalise your house, etc. etc. would you just sit there like a stooge and do absolutely nothing? Or fight for your possessions.

Some countries like the United States actually justify this kind of thing, (which in my opinion is wrong). They have rules where they allow someone to kill a burglar upon unauthorised/unauthorized entry to one's home.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 12:21am On Jan 04, 2018
AlderFadington:

I'm very glad that most Hausas (maybe you're fulani?) Are able to see past the charade of this imposter. This bloke is indubitably not Hausa and this has been proven in multiple ocassions. Like I said, i don't know what his motives are but his dedication to this charade is baffling.

While I agree with the majority of what you wrote I would like to point out that Arabs have little or nothing to do with Islam in hausa land. The first wage of reverts did so due to wangara scholars from Mali. Then there are Berber scholars like al Maghili who played crucial roles. But mostly Arabs had little or nothing to do with it.

Northern Nigerian history in general has more to do with Berbers who many mistake to be Arabs which they are not.

I would like to interject and say it is a combination of Berbers and some Mande and possibly Djerma/Zarma as I believe most Wangara from Mali were Mande. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The Berbers would more than likely be the Touareg (Kel-Tamasheq).

1 Like

Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 12:25am On Jan 04, 2018
ehikwe22:

If you were not so biased, you would realize that there is always a cause and effect. No one attacks another person (most of the time) without having a justified reason.

You being Christian, you are more than likely biased against Fulani people and thus are seeing things through a very tainted scope. Put yourself in the shoes of someone else for once in your life.

If someone went about stealing your possessions, your money, your clothing, your means of life and only source of income, how would you respond? It's human nature to want to defend ones' belongings. Now if you tell me otherwise, I would simply say that you are a f00l.

I was not there, so I can't tell you with absolute certainty about who/whom instigated it, however do not treat these "Christian" Farmers like saints.
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Fulaman198(m): 12:28am On Jan 04, 2018
Isahalbash:

Gonga!
Re: The "REAL" Hausa by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 04, 2018
Fulaman198:

I would like to interject and say it is a combination of Berbers and some Mande and possibly Djerma/Zarma as I believe most Wangara from Mali were Mande. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The Berbers would more than likely be the Touareg (Kel-Tamasheq).

Obviously like I pointed out those other ethnic groups were the main influencers (if there's a word like that?).

But I was talking about the general notion of Arabian influence on the north. I just pointed out that the things attributed to Arabs were not done by Arabs but Berbers who are actually more present than them in northern history.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings. / Photos Of The Wonderful People Of Melanesia / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.