Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,803 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:26 PM

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2484169 Views)

Oyo TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2013 / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (866) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 6:57am On Aug 26, 2014
Please can somebody recommend for me, which area of specialization in the field of political science is the best to choose among the four options in the bracket below. I only need one, which is the best among the four option ( M.Sc, with specialization in the following areas: (a) Political Theory and Methodology (b)Development Studies (c)International Relations (d) Nigeria Government and Politics). Please, members contributions are needed, especially those that finish from university of Port harcourt, department of political science, thanks.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 26, 2014
Chibuking81: Please can somebody recommend for me, which area of specialization in the field of political science is the best to choose among the four options in the bracket below. I only need one, which is the best among the four option ( M.Sc, with specialization in the following areas: (a) Political Theory and Methodology (b)Development Studies (c)International Relations (d) Nigeria Government and Politics). Please, members contributions are needed, especially those that finish from university of Port harcourt, department of political science, thanks.
I grduated from the University of Port Harcourt but not in the field of Political Science. But all thesame, i would advise you to go for International Relations. This course will take you far even outside the Education sector.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Onlyhandsome(m): 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2014
according to d infomation @ uniport pg skol, sales of form closes 31st october 2014
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
Fiafiad: I grduated from the University of Port Harcourt but not in the field of Political Science. But all thesame, i would advise you to go for International Relations. This course will take you far even outside the Education sector.
ok thanks.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by amaprince: 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
Zenith bank plss we are waiting 4 alert oh.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by rOsy247(f): 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
FG extends resumption of schools to 13th OCtober over ebola.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Onlyhandsome(m): 10:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
finally, d much awaited extension has com to b. I fink dis a step in d ryt direction. All govt ownd n private skols now resum on d 13th of Oct. Prayer for arrears continues
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 1:27am On Aug 27, 2014
Minister of education maintains that, "all primary and secondary schools in Nigeria, both public and private, state and federal, to open on monday 13 october 2014". This directive came after the meeting of the minister with 36 state commissioners of education yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Onlyhandsome(m): 6:16am On Aug 27, 2014
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]Ebola: FG closes all PRIVATE and PUBLIC
primary and secondary schools till 13th
October. The Federal Government has directed
that all private and public primary and
secondary schools should remain closed
till 13th October, 2014 as a preventive
measure against the spread of Ebola
Virus Disease. The preventive measures are decisions
reached in a meeting the Minister of
Education held with State
Commissioners of Education in Abuja on
tuesday (today). This measure was
announced by the Minister of Education, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau. He said that any private school that fails
to comply will be duly sanctioned by the
State Ministry of Education.The Minister
said that the government will go to any
length to punish any school that fails to
comply.He added all the State Ministries of Education are to immediately
organise and ensure that at least two
staff in each school, both public and
private are trained on how to handle
any suspected Ebola case. Shekarau said the training of the staff
on health must be concluded by 15th
September, 2015.Shekarau said that he
would meet with all State
Commissioners of Education on 23rd
September, 2014 to appraise the situation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Cruize306(m): 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
I just saw this on the BBC world news app and felt I should share as some of us might be called upon for the training.

All schools in Nigeria have been ordered to remain shut until 13 October as part of measures to prevent the spread of the deadly Ebola virus.

The new academic year was due to start on Monday.

But the education minister ordered the closures to allow staff to be trained on how to handle suspected Ebola cases.

Five people have died of Ebola in Nigeria. The West Africa outbreak has centred on Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone, killing more than 1,400 people.

It is the largest ever outbreak and has infected an estimated 2,615 people. About half of those infected have died.

The virus is spread between humans through direct contact with infected bodily fluids.

There is no cure for Ebola but with intensive care treatment and proper hydration, patients have a chance of survival.

It spread to Nigeria - Africa's most populous country - in July, when a person infected with Ebola flew from Liberia to Lagos.

Protective clothing 'shortages'

The Nigerian government says it hopes its efforts to contain the virus are working, as there is only one confirmed case of Ebola remaining

"All state ministries of education are to immediately organise and ensure that at least two staff in each school, both private and public, are trained by appropriate health workers no later than 15 September 2014 on how to handle any suspected case of Ebola," said Education Minister Ibrahim Shekarau.

"And also embark on immediate sensitisation of all teaching and non-teaching staff in all schools on preventive measures," he said.

Meanwhile, the World Health Organization (WHO) has temporarily shut an Ebola testing laboratory in Kailahun in eastern Sierra Leone after a Senegalese health worker became infected with the virus.

There have been 392 Ebola deaths in Sierra Leone, according to the latest UN figures released on 22 August. Kailahun is one of the worst-affected districts and is currently under blockade.

"It's a temporary measure to take care of the welfare of our remaining workers," a WHO spokesman is quoted by the Reuters news agency as saying.

On Tuesday, the WHO said an "unprecedented" number of doctors and nurses had been infected with Ebola which was further impeding control efforts.

Infections were due to a shortage of protective equipment and staff, it said.

Only one or two doctors are available for 100,000 patients in some of the affected countries.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ihemeel: 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
Alert recieved......RVSG, .when shall it become? I cant see myself
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by MaxAngellyn: 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
My eyez dey red... Zenith bank how far? Just two days to go dis week. Hope zenith will give us good news b4 friday so others will start smiling next week....
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by MaxAngellyn: 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
ihemeel: Alert recieved......RVSG, .when shall it become? I cant see myself

Hmmm... Na small?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
With the look of things, if per-adventure the government fail to pay the salary of civil servants for two-three months, some person‘s may faint or even die oo.

My candid advise is this, always try as much as possible to save however little it might be, so that you dont get frustrated if such thing happens.
Nobody can tell what the future hold..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by MemorazziStudio: 10:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
Need a job? Well, a job needs you too!
Empower your CV & Cover Letter with a voice that attracts employers in seconds...

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by frachy(f): 8:43am On Aug 28, 2014
Fiafiad: With the look of things, if per-adventure the government fail to pay the salary of civil servants for two-three months, some person?s may faint or even die oo.
My candid advise is this, always try as much as possible to save however little it might be, so that you dont get frustrated if such thing happens.
Nobody can tell what the future hold.
Such will NEVER happen in Jesus name; Amen! But the advice is a good one. It's good to save for the rainy days!

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by MaxAngellyn: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2014
Fiafiad: With the look of things, if per-adventure the government fail to pay the salary of civil servants for two-three months, some person‘s may faint or even die oo.

Good advice buh evry employee deserves his/her wage/pay... Since u knw hw to safe inorder nt to faint keep it up or better still give ur pay to d orphanage... Don't knw why some pple can't just see and ignore... Just keeping d trend moving doesn't mean am broke!
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Cruize306(m): 10:53am On Aug 28, 2014
Fiafiad: With the look of things, if per-adventure the government fail to pay the salary of civil servants for two-three months, some person‘s may faint or even die oo.

For once, you've agreed that we have a useless govt
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by britnd: 11:42am On Aug 28, 2014
Cruize306:

For once, you've agreed that we have a useless govt
Let d sleeping dog lie, brethren
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by MaxAngellyn: 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/27/breaking-nigeria-records-new-ebola-death-port-harcourt

28/08/2014 11:36 - Debo Fagbami: Just got this...Am sharing not to cause panic but to inform for the greater good. The Good heart hospital is where the Doctor ...Ikechukwu Sam Enemuo..was rushed to after he took ill with symptoms of Ebola. He was said to have operated on a woman on Monday presumably after secretly treating the diplomat. Fell ill next day Tuesday and died last Friday. No one knew about this hotel angle which was a very big risk he took...and unethical thing to do.. He was ill for 3 days...then started vomiting blood with bloody diarrhoea. He was rushed to Prime...where he was rejected and then taken to Good heart whose MD is a Cardiologist ..a consultant physician with UPTH. He died there. Good heart is on EVO road in GRA ph2 THE Doctor that died practices in East West Road Rumuokoro...Sam Steel clinic. The wife also a Doctor has a 3-month old baby. There may have been well over 200 contacts of this devilish diplomat who lured his young Doctor friend to treat him secretly and went back to Lagos. I hear he has eventually submitted himself for Ebola check in a bid to get a clearance certificate to fly out..he tested positive and is now quarantined in lagos..It's quite a calamity unfolding in Ph. Unfortunately Ph health facilities are not quite ready to contain Ebola at the moment. There are American experts and federal and WHO health workers in town however training Drs and other healthworkers and helping out with contact tracing etc .

Don't know how authentic this info is buh we all should just be careful pleasssseee...
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by britnd: 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tanx for d information . I saw it on d net too, but, d story could be mere fabrication considering hw clumsy, rigorous n cumbersome d story seem to be.A diplomat of dat pedigree,after noticing symptoms of EBOLA ,invited a young Doctor who had heard/watched d scourge n ravaging handwork of EBOLA too ,decided to treat a patient in a hotel n not in a well equipt n isolated EBOLA treatment center......

What ll I term d action of dat young doctor ''suicide by ignorance''or ''suicide mugu''
I luv such information anyway becos it ll keep d people on d alert. Tanx once again
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
hmmmmmm 9ja i hail oo. just thinkin aloud.
who got infected first, diplomat or doc.
its said, d virus become full blown in 21 days, how come doctor own come be three day wen the major carrier even fit enter plane to lagos.
how come d diplomat escape from the quarantine centre n minister of health never mention it.
hmmmm too much story.
chia, dia s God oooo.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by emekatex: 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
kingsjeroneyah: hmmmmmm 9ja i hail oo. just thinkin aloud.
who got infected first, diplomat or doc.
its said, d virus become full blown in 21 days, how come doctor own come be three day wen the major carrier even fit enter plane to lagos.
how come d diplomat escape from the quarantine centre n minister of health never mention it.
hmmmm too much story.
chia, dia s God oooo.
According to vanguard news paper of 2day. The diplomat has been traced and found in Lagos, He is healthy and Ebola negative. Hence, from where did d doc got infected? Rivers State Govt is yet to tell us d truth. I hope dis is nt a fabrication for embezzlement of 1.9 billion naira earmarked by FG for a state to combat Ebola
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Belexy95: 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
No one is fabricating any story as touching d death of a med doc in phc. I know d doc personally,his clinic is within my neighbourhood in r/koro. Just for d records,i've personally signed a condolence register thats opened at d clinics.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by emekatex: 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
Belexy95: No one is fabricating any story as touching d death of a med doc in phc. I know d doc personally,his clinic is within my neighbourhood in r/koro. Just for d records,i've personally signed a condolence register thats opened at d clinics.
My dear, i'm nt saying a doc did nt die but am talking about wht really killed him.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 29, 2014
emekatex: According to vanguard news paper of 2day. The diplomat has been traced and found in Lagos, He is healthy and Ebola negative. Hence, from where did d doc got infected? Rivers State Govt is yet to tell us d truth. I hope dis is nt a fabrication for embezzlement of 1.9 billion naira earmarked by FG for a state to combat Ebola
Even you talking this way, accusing the Government of fraud in the case of Ebola outbreak in Rivers State. It is well.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 4:34am On Aug 29, 2014
lets wait for Rvsg, official statement.
but forgive me to say that i smell a rat here.
otherwise how do answer my first questions. Also, how come d same minister that said those quarantine have all been release n WE HAVE ONLY ONE case left is now saying that d diplomat escaped?. Again how can one escape n after some days, walk in n present oneself again. Further more, of all d doc's how come it was a p/h doc, he choose to contact.
SURELY, D doc died, BUT AM NOT SURE that its Ebola. don't forgive that same sympton is associated with high fever, especially the vomiting of blood in some extreme cases.
just watching d nigeria gov
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Ruthkpenkis: 5:17am On Aug 29, 2014
I hope all this propaganda is not to make president Goodluck Jonathan cancel the TAN (Transformation Ambassador of Nigeria) south south rally coming up on Saturday 31st August 2014? #Just thinking aloud #
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Ruthkpenkis: 5:27am On Aug 29, 2014
I mean 30th August 2014
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by PaulThor: 5:57am On Aug 29, 2014
nothing is fabricated.. Let me clearify this.. let me start with ebola.. Ebola is a killer disease but it is survivable.. The diplomat got treated by the doctor after which the doctor was infected while the diplomat survived and thus, didnt test positive wen tested in lagos. this was what happened. Read papers to get the whole story.. But one thing is sure, its no fabrication..

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by frachy(f): 8:28am On Aug 29, 2014
I don't understand some people sometimes. What will one gain from fabricating a story of somebody dying from ebola. Can Bbc, minister of health and commissioner of health, Rivers state all be lying. Can two known privately owned hospitals be shut down deliberately while the owners look on, just for fraud to be perpetrated? Na wa oh! Pls there's a limit to everything. Information has been given for us to be on the alert, and be more careful. It's left for one to heed or not. And if you're not ready to heed, pls don't drag others into it. Ebola is real!!!
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by bio777: 8:54am On Aug 29, 2014
It is true....Ebola is in RV
It is true....The Dr. died of Ebola.
It is true....Efforts are being made to check its spread.
It is true....Fear kills faster than ebola.
It is not true....Teachers have been paid.
Goverment how far na?....Owite don blow o!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (866) (Reply)

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies

Viewing this topic: odeyiB(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.